Tuesday, June 03, 2008

The Otto Show (1992)





http://www.snpp.com/episodes/1F04.html

Treehouse of Horror IV

Original airdate in N.A.: 28-Oct-93



That night, in the Simpson living room, Homer appears through the floor in a cage where the bars are made of fire. Lionel Hutz walks in combing his hair with a fork.

Marge: Homer! Are you all right?

Homer: [meekly] No.

Hutz: Mr. Simpson, don't you worry. I watched Matlock in a bar last night. The sound wasn't on, but I think I got the gist of it.


A fiery pentagram burns its way into the floor, and up through it the Grim Reaper appears on the bench. He raps his gavel.

Hear Ye, Hear Ye. The Court of Infernal Affairs is now in session.


Lionel Hutz opens the proceedings.

Hutz: First some ground rules. Number one, we get bathroom breaks every half-hour.

Flanders: Agreed. Number two, the jury will be chosen by me.

Hutz: Agreed. [realizing] No, wait --

Flanders: Silence!


The devil introduces the members of the jury.


Flanders: I give you the Jury of the Damned! Benedict Arnold, Lizzie Borden, Richard Nixon --

Nixon: But I'm not dead yet! In fact, I just wrote an article for Redbook.

Flanders: Hey, listen: I did a favor for you!

Nixon: [humbly] Yes, master.


The devil continues introducing the jury.


John Wilkes Booth, Blackbeard the Pirate, John Dillinger, and the starting line of the 1976 Philadelphia Flyers!



Marge tries to find seats for everyone. Lizzie Borden is forced to sit on Lisa's ergonomic chair, but she can't quite figure it out.

Blackbeard is even less fortunate.


Marge: [next to the high chair] I'm sorry, Mr. Blackbeard. We're low on chairs, and this is the last one.

Blackbeard: Arr! This chair be high, says I.


The devil begins to make his case against Homer.

I hold here a contract between myself and one Homer Simpson pledging me his soul for a donut -- which I delivered! And it was scrump-diddley-umptious!


Flanders: I simply ask for what is mine!

[He sits down smugly]

Hutz: [cocky] That was a right-pretty speech, sir. But I ask you, what is a contract? Webster's defines it as "an agreement under the law which is unbreakable."

[emphasizing]

Which is unbreakable!

[The jury look at him]

Excuse me, I must use the restroom.


Hutz runs up to the bathroom and slams the door. An hour later, he still hasn't returned. Marge goes up to look for him, but she's greeted by the curtains blowing in front of the open window.

So the Reaper feels he has no choice but to sentence Homer to an eternity. But Marge runs in with a photo of Homer and her at her wedding. It's a picture of Homer choking in an emergency room, and Marge explains that Homer ate the entire wedding cake by himself before the wedding. The jury find this roundly amusing. But she hastily tells them, "Read the back!"










http://www.snpp.com/episodes/1F04.html

Treehouse of Horror IV

Original airdate in N.A.: 28-Oct-93



Back in the gallery, Bart narrates the second spooky story.

Bart: The next exhibit in out ghoulish gallery is entitled..."The School Bus"? [realizing] Oh, they must mean "The Ghoooul Bus."

Lisa: [reads the painting] Nope, says right there: "School Bus".

Bart: [with mock enthusiasm] Well, there's nothing scarier than having to go to school. Ha ha! [groans]



The title, "Terror at 5 and a half feet" appears on the screen, and behind it, the school bus. On board, Bart sits next to Milhouse.

Milhouse: Hey Bart, look. Krusty trading cards. The long-awaited "Eight Series".

Bart: [reading the cards] "Krusty visits relatives in Annapolis, Maryland. Krusty poses for trading card photo."

Milhouse: Hmm...he seems to be running a little low on ideas.










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annapolis

Annapolis is a city in the United States of America with a population of 36,408 (July 2006 est.). It is the capital of the State of Maryland, as well as the county seat of Anne Arundel County. Situated at the mouth of the Severn River which flows into the Chesapeake Bay, 26 miles (approx. 42 km) south of Baltimore and about 35 miles (approx. 56 km) east of Washington D.C., it is part of the Baltimore-Washington Metropolitan Area. The United States Naval Academy and St. John's College are in Annapolis.










http://www.snpp.com/episodes/1F04.html

Treehouse of Horror IV

Original airdate in N.A.: 28-Oct-93



Bart looks out the window again to see the gremlin continuing to remove the nuts from the wheel. He looks below his seat and sees a box of flares, but the four flares have been removed. Jimbo is the culprit this time: he's lit them and put two of them in Martin's pants. Bart goes over and grabs one without Martin noticing, but he inadvertently
knocks the other one loose. So he puts it back.

He walks over to the window and pulls the "Emergency Release" lever, but the pressure difference between the air inside and outside the bus tries to suck Bart and everyone else out of the bus. He manages to keep his grip nonetheless. He brandishes the flare, and the gremlin notices. Just then, Homer drives by and blares his air-horn, greeting Bart with a cheerful "Hey, boy."

The gremlin, sensing its plans are about to be thwarted, tries to remove the lug-nuts faster. Skinner and Willy are trying to pull Bart's body back inside the bus.

Skinner: Pull, Willy, pull!

Willy: I'm doing all the pulling, you blouse-wearing poodle walker!


The grown men succeed in pulling our hero back inside the bus. As they do so, Bart drops the lit flare and it bounces down the side of the bus. Fortunately, it hits the gremlin and its body catches on fire. It gapes and loses its grip on the bus, falling off and bouncing down the road in a little ball of flame. Flanders happens to be driving behind it and it smacks into his windshield. Aghast, he skids to a halt and runs back to its smoking body.

"Oh dear Lord," he exclaims, looking at its inert form, "it's some sort of hideous monster." He wraps it up in his jacket and holds it to him. An angry claw slashes out, and Ned smiles. "Aw, isn't that cute. He's trying to claw my eyes out!" He hugs it.

The bus arrives safely at Springfield Elementary. Everyone stands outside the bus, staring at the tears in the metal made by the gremlin's claws. Skinner taps the lug-nut remaining in the back tire, and it falls out, taking the wheel off with it. "Gadzooks!" Bart is being led away on a stretcher, wearing a straight-jacket.

Bart: Look at the bus. I was right, I tell you, I was right!

Skinner: [sternly] Right or wrong, your behavior was still disruptive, young man! Perhaps spending the remainder of your life in a madhouse will teach you some manners.

Nelson: Ha, ha!










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gremlin

A gremlin is a folkloric creature, commonly depicted as mischievous and mechanically oriented with a specific interest in aircraft. Their origin is found in myths among airmen, claiming that the gremlins were responsible for sabotaging aircraft. In later times, different fantastical creatures have been referred to as gremlins, bearing varying degrees of resemblance to the original gremlins.





http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/gremlins

An imaginary gnomelike creature to whom mechanical problems, especially in aircraft, are attributed.










From 4/12/1981 ( I was the commander aboard the STS-1 spacecraft Columbia ) to 7/21/1987 ( formal wedding ceremony for my wife Phoebe and me ) is: 2291 days

From 7/21/1987 ( formal wedding ceremony for my wife Phoebe and me ) to 10/28/1993 ( "The Simpsons, Treehouse of Horror IV" ) is: 2291 days


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0701279/

"The Simpsons"

Treehouse of Horror IV (1993)

Original Air Date: 28 October 1993 (Season 5, Episode 5)





http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0701279/plotsummary

Plot summary for

"The Simpsons"

Treehouse of Horror IV (1993)

When Homer announces he would sell his soul for a donut, the Devil, disguised as Ned Flanders, shows up to take him up on the offer. Second Act, while ridings to school, Bart believe he sees a malevolent gremlin on the side of the bus. And final act, Mr. Burns is Dracula, in a spoof of Francis Ford Coppola's vampire film.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0701279/quotes

Memorable quotes for

"The Simpsons"

Treehouse of Horror IV (1993)



Marge: Wait! Before you send him to hell, there's something you should see. That's a photo of Homer and I at our wedding.

Richard Nixon: Wait a minute. You got married in an emergency room?

Marge: Well, Homer ate the entire wedding cake by himself... before the wedding.

[the Jury of the Damned all laugh]

Marge: Read the back, the back.

Blackbeard: Arrr! 'Tis some sort of treasure map.

Benedict Arnold: [snatches it away] You idiot, you can't read!

Blackbeard: Aye, 'tis true. My debauchery was my way of compensatin'.



Arnold reads, "Dear Marge: you have given me your hand in marriage. All I can give you in return is my...soul, which I pledge to you forever." Lizzie announces, "We've heard enough. Your Honor, we find that Homer Simpson's soul is legally the property of Marge Simpson and not of the devil." The devil is despondent, but Bart and Lisa are elated.










From 1/31/1964 ( I was Olympic gold medalist at Innsbruck Olympics on this day ) to 3/13/1978 ( Department of the Army Order 31-3, General Of The Armies ) is: 5155 days

From 3/13/1978 ( Department of the Army Order 31-3, General Of The Armies ) to 4/23/1992 ( premiere TV episode "The Simpsons, The Otto Show" ) is: 5155 days


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0701254/

"The Simpsons"

The Otto Show (1992)

Original Air Date: 23 April 1992 (Season 3, Episode 22)

Plot: After Otto loses his job as a school bus driver because he doesn't have a license, Bart talks Homer and Marge into having Otto stay with them until he gets back on his feet.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0701254/quotes

Memorable quotes for

"The Simpsons"

The Otto Show (1992)



Patty Bouvier: [Otto walks into the DMV and meets Patty, who holds a green pen in her right hand, and a red pen in the left] Hello, my name's Patty. I'll be testing you. When you do well, I use the green pen. When you do bad, I use the red pen. Any questions?

Otto: Yeah, one: Have you always been a chick? I mean, I don't want to offend you, but, you were born a man, weren't you? You can tell me, I'm open minded.





[ end examples I recognize as my work or legitimately associated with my interests ]

[ begin examples of piracy of my true identity, which has tremendous commercial value, and details of continued death threats against me and my wife ]





From 1/29/1954 ( Oprah Winfrey, who actively supports insurrection and subversive activites against the U.S. federal government ) to 6/19/1968 ( date hijacked from me: my 1st Medal of Honor and I am U.S. military fighter jet ace during Vietnam War ) is: 5255 days

From 3/4/1959 ( date hijacked from me: my birth date UK ) to 7/23/1973 ( Monica Lewinsky ) is: 5255 days



From 1/29/1954 ( Oprah Winfrey, who actively supports insurrection and subversive activites against the U.S. federal government ) to 8/19/1981 ( the 1st Gulf of Sidra incident and I was the U.S. Navy F-14 Tomcat pilot targeted by hostile fire ) is: 10064 days

10064 = 5032 + 5032

From 3/3/1959 ( date hijacked from me: my birth date US ) to 12/11/1972 ( date hijacked from me: I was Apollo 17 Challenger astronaut walking on the Earth's moon ) is: 5032 days


http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001856/

Oprah Winfrey

Date of Birth: 29 January 1954










From 12/24/1968 ( date hijacked from me: I was Apollo 8 spacecraft astronaut in orbit of Earth's moon ) to 9/8/1986 ( "The Oprah Winfrey Show" ) is: 6467 days

From 7/16/1963 ( another threat sent to me against my wife ) to 3/30/1981 ( President Ronald Reagan shot and wounded in assassination attempt ) is: 6467 days



From 1/29/1954 ( Oprah Winfrey, who actively supports insurrection and subversive activites against the U.S. federal government ) to 9/8/1986 ( "The Oprah Winfrey Show" ) is: 11910 days

11910 = 5955 + 5955

From 7/16/1963 ( another threat sent to me against my wife ) to 11/4/1979 ( The Tehran embassy hostage crisis begins ) is: 5955 days


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090493/

"The Oprah Winfrey Show" (1986)

TV series 1986-????

Release Date: 8 September 1986 (USA)

Oprah Winfrey ... Herself - Host / ... (399 episodes, 1986-2008)










From 10/9/1971 ( date hijacked from me: I am board-certified surgeon ) to 8/19/1981 ( the 1st Gulf of Sidra incident and I was the U.S. Navy F-14 Tomcat pilot targeted by hostile fire ) is: 3602 days

3602 = 1801 + 1801

From 3/3/1959 ( date hijacked from me: my birth date US ) to 2/6/1964 ( date hijacked from me: I was Olympic gold medalist at Innsbruck Olympics again on this day ) is: 1801 days


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulf_of_Sidra_incident_%281981%29

The first Gulf of Sidra incident, August 19, 1981, was an incident in which two Libyan Sukhoi Su-22 Fitter fighter jets engaged two US F-14 Tomcats off of the Libyan coast.


On the morning of the 19th, two VF-41 Black Aces F-14As, Fast Eagle 102 (CDR "Hank" Kleeman/LT "DJ" Venlet) and Fast Eagle 107 (LT "Music" Muczynski/LTJG "Amos" Anderson), were flying combat air patrol to cover aircraft engaged in a missile exercise. An E-2A Hawkeye gained radar contact with two Sukhoi Su-22 'Fitters' which had left Okba Ben Nafi Air Base near Tripoli. The Fitters were heading towards the Tomcats and the lead Fitter fired an AA-2 Atoll short range heat seeking missile at the Tomcats. The Tomcats evaded and were cleared to return fire.










From 4/14/1977 ( date hijacked from me: I returned to Earth after successfully diverting comet in the outer solar system ) to 6/23/2005 ( msnbc.com providing material support to insurrection and subversive activity against the U.S. federal government ) is: 10297 days

From 3/4/1959 ( date hijacked from me: my birth date UK ) to 5/13/1987 ( date hijacked from me: my M.I.A. status in Africa ends and I am being transported to a U.S. military base for intensive care hospitalization ) is: 10297 days


http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24283191/

By Courtney Hazlett

The Scoop

updated 10:55 a.m. PT, Thurs., April. 24, 2008

msnbc.com [ MSNBC is a criminal enterprise and employees and managers of MSNBC are guaranteed to receive United States federal charges for providing material support to insurrection and subversive activity against the United States federal government. I am certain Steve Ballmer and Bill Gates are appreciative that you will spend the rest of your life confined to federal prison for them. ]


Tom Cruise is returning to “Oprah”!

The actor hasn’t appeared on Winfrey’s daytime talk show since his June 23, 2005, appearance where in addition to promoting “War of the Worlds,” he very enthusiastically expressed his love for future wife Katie Holmes (we’re putting the whole couch incident in the past).










From 3/14/1965 ( date hijacked from me: I am active duty Central Intelligence Agency officer ) to 3/19/1989 ( "The Women of Brewster Place" product of insurrection and subversive activity against the U.S. federal government by foreign power ) is: 8771 days

From 7/16/1963 ( another threat sent to me against my wife ) to 7/21/1987 ( date hijacked from me: formal wedding ceremony for my wife Phoebe and me ) is: 8771 days



From 5/12/1965 ( date hijacked from me: I am active duty U.S. Navy aviator ) to 3/19/1989 ( "The Women of Brewster Place" product of insurrection and subversive activity against the U.S. federal government by foreign power ) is: 8712 days

8712 = 4356 + 4356

From 3/4/1959 ( date hijacked from me: my birth date UK ) to 2/5/1971 ( date hijacked from me: I was Apollo 14 Antares command astronaut walking on Earth's moon ) is: 4356 days



From 10/11/1968 ( date hijacked from me: I was Apollo 7 spacecraft astronaut ) to 3/19/1989 ( "The Women of Brewster Place" product of insurrection and subversive activity against the U.S. federal government by foreign power ) is: 7464 days

7464 = 3732 + 3732

From 3/3/1959 ( date hijacked from me: my birth date US ) to 5/21/1969 ( date hijacked from me: my graduation from Princeton University includes degree as medical doctor ) is: 3732 days



From 2/5/1971 ( date hijacked from me: I was Apollo 14 Antares command astronaut walking on Earth's moon ) to 3/19/1989 ( "The Women of Brewster Place" product of insurrection and subversive activity against the U.S. federal government by foreign power ) is: 6617 days

From 3/3/1959 ( date hijacked from me: my birth date US ) to 4/14/1977 ( date hijacked from me: I returned to Earth after successfully diverting the comet in the outer solar system ) is: 6617 days


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098674/

The Women of Brewster Place (1989) (TV)

Release Date: 19 March 1989 (USA)

Oprah Winfrey ... Mattie Michael










From 11/28/1976 ( date hijacked from me: I launched from Jupiter moon Callisto for Earth ) to 4/18/1989 ( George W. Bush, Texas Rangers baseball corporation, criminal enterprise and instigator of coup d’état and subversive activity against the U.S. federal government ) is: 4524 days

4524 = 2262 + 2262

From 3/3/1959 ( date hijacked from me: my birth date US ) to 5/12/1965 ( date hijacked from me: I am active duty U.S. Navy aviator ) is: 2262 days



From 2/5/1964 ( date hijacked from me: I was Olympic gold medalist at Innsbruck Olympics again on this day ) to 4/18/1989 ( George W. Bush, Texas Rangers baseball corporation, criminal enterprise and instigator of coup d’état and subversive activity against the U.S. federal government ) is: 9204 days

9204 = 4602 + 4602

From 3/4/1959 ( date hijacked from me: my birth date UK ) to 10/9/1971 ( date hijacked from me: I am board-certified surgeon ) is: 4602 days


http://usinfo.state.gov/products/pubs/bush43rdp/running.htm

George W. Bush talks to reporters at Arlington Stadium in Texas on April 18, 1989, after baseball league team owners approved the sale of the Texas Rangers.



http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=950DEED9163AF93AA25757C0A96F948260&scp=2&sq=george+w.+bush+texas+rangers&st=nyt

SPORTS PEOPLE: BASEBALL; Two Sales Approved

Published: April 19, 1989

LEAD: The President's son and a former Vice Presidential candidate officially became part-owners of major league baseball teams yesterday when club owners unanimously approved the sales of the Texas Rangers and Baltimore Orioles.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0143076/taglines

Taglines for

The Wedding (1998) (TV)


Two men. Two different worlds. One final decision.


One walk will determine her destiny.










From 12/24/1968 ( date hijacked from me: I was Apollo 8 astronaut in orbit of Earth's moon ) to 8/24/2003 ( "Oprah Winfrey Presents: The Wedding" product of insurrection and subversive activity against the U.S. federal government by foreign power ) is: 12661 days

From 7/16/1963 ( another threat sent to me against my wife ) to 3/15/1998 ( date hijacked from me: as a U.S. Navy officer, I was deployed on an official United States federal assignment and I remain 100% deployed ) is: 12661 days



From 12/25/1968 ( date hijacked from me: I was Apollo 8 astronaut in orbit of Earth's moon ) to 8/24/2003 ( "Oprah Winfrey Presents: The Wedding" product of insurrection and subversive activity against the U.S. federal government by foreign power ) is: 12660 days

12660 = 6330 + 6330

From 3/4/1959 ( date hijacked from me: my birth date UK ) to 7/2/1976 ( date hijacked from me: I intercepted the comet in the outer solar system and set to work at diverting it ) is: 6330 days



From 11/19/1969 ( date hijacked from me: I was Apollo 12 Intrepid astronaut walking on Earth's moon ) to 8/24/2003 ( "Oprah Winfrey Presents: The Wedding" product of insurrection and subversive activity against the U.S. federal government by foreign power ) is 5 days, 9 months, 33 years

'59-33' ( date hijacked from me: my birth date US )


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0143076/releaseinfo

Release dates for

The Wedding (1998) (TV)


Oprah Winfrey Presents: The Wedding

UK 24 August 2003










From 1/20/1930 ( date hijacked from me: Buzz Aldrin, NASA ) to 2/6/1964 ( date hijacked from me: I was Olympic gold medalist at Innsbruck Olympics again on this day ) is: 12435 days

From 2/6/1964 ( date hijacked from me: I was Olympic gold medalist at Innsbruck Olympics again on this day ) to 2/22/1998 ( "Oprah Winfrey Presents: The Wedding" product of insurrection and subversive activity against the U.S. federal government by foreign power ) is: 12435 days



From 12/11/1972 ( date hijacked from me: I was Apollo 17 Challenger astronaut walking on the Earth's moon ) to 2/22/1998 ( "Oprah Winfrey Presents: The Wedding" product of insurrection and subversive activity against the U.S. federal government by foreign power ) is: 9204 days

9204 = 4602 + 4602

From 3/4/1959 ( date hijacked from me: my birth date UK ) to 10/9/1971 ( date hijacked from me: I am board-certified surgeon ) is: 4602 days


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0143076/

The Wedding (1998) (TV)

Also Known As: Oprah Winfrey Presents: The Wedding

Release Date: 22 February 1998 (USA)

Tagline: Two men. Two different worlds. One final decision.





[ end examples of piracy of my true identity, which has tremendous commercial value, and details of continued death threats against me and my wife ]

[ begin examples I recognize as my work or legitimately associated with my interests ]





http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0133952/quotes

Memorable quotes for

The Siege (1998)



General William Devereaux: The Army is a broad sword, not a scalpel. Trust me, senator - you do not want the Army in an American city.










From 9/26/1932 ( Richard Herd ) to 10/9/1971 ( I am board-certified surgeon ) is 14257 days

From 3/3/1959 ( my birth date UK ) to 3/15/1998 ( as a U.S. Navy officer, I was deployed on an official United States federal assignment and I remain 100% deployed ) is 14257 days



http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0378800/

Richard Herd
Date of Birth: 26 September 1932

"Star Trek: Voyager" .... Admiral Owen Paris / ... (5 episodes, 1999-2001)
- Endgame: Part 1 (2001) TV episode .... Admiral Owen Paris
- Endgame: Part 2 (2001) TV episode .... Admiral Owen Paris
- Author, Author (2001) TV episode .... Admiral Owen Paris, Lt. Tom Paris' Father
- Inside Man (2000) TV episode .... Admiral Owen Paris, Lt. Tom Paris' Father
- Pathfinder (1999) TV episode .... Admiral Owen Paris










Page No: 5792



http://www.navy.mil/management/photodb/photos/940919-N-0000X-001.jpg

940919-N-0000X-001 GULF OF MEXICO (Sept. 19, 1994) A file photo showing a starboard bow view of the Military Sealift Command oceanographic survey ship USNS Pathfinder (T-AGS-60) during builder's acceptance trials. U. S. Navy photo.


http://www.navy.mil/view_photos_top.asp

940919-N-0000X-001





http://www.navy.mil/management/photodb/photos/080530-N-7908B-498.jpg

080530-N-7908B-498 CAMP LEJEUNE, N.C. (May 30, 2008) Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy (MCPON) Joe R. Campa Jr. participates in morning physical training held by Sailors assigned to Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune. U.S. Navy photo by Hospital Corpsman 2nd Class Thomas Bush (Released)


http://www.navy.mil/view_photos_top.asp





http://www.navy.mil/management/photodb/photos/080530-N-7908B-556.jpg

080530-N-7908B-556 CAMP LEJEUNE, N.C. (May 30, 2008) Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy (MCPON) Joe R. Campa Jr. participates in morning physical training held by Sailors assigned to Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune. U.S. Navy photo by Hospital Corpsman 2nd Class Thomas Bush (Released)


http://www.navy.mil/view_photos_top.asp










From 11/28/1976 ( I launched from Jupiter moon Callisto for Earth and home ) to 11/18/2006 ( Tom & Katie married ) is 3 weeks, 359 months

'33-59' ( my birth date US )


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katie_holmes

Katie Holmes (born December 18, 1978) is an American actress

On November 18, 2006, she and Cruise were married in Italy.










From 3/5/1989 ( actress Phoebe Cates, who is legally my wife and I am her husband ) to 3/15/1998 ( as a U.S. Navy officer, I was secretly deployed on an official United States federal assignment and I remain 100% deployed ) is: 3297 days

From 3/15/1998 ( as a U.S. Navy officer, I was secretly deployed on an official United States federal assignment and I remain 100% deployed ) to 3/25/2007 ( William Shakespeare's King Lear, starring Kevin Kline, closes ) is: 3297 days


http://www.playbill.com/news/article/106767.html

Exit the King: Kevin Kline's Lear Closes March 25

The Public Theater's production of William Shakespeare's King Lear, starring Kevin Kline, closes March 25.

James Lapine directed the production, which began previews Feb. 9 and opened March 7.










http://www.governor.ca.gov/govsite/govsgallery/h/documents/inaugural_33b.html

Inaugural Address

Ronald Reagan

33rd Governor, Republican

(1967-1975)

Presented: January 4, 1971


Remembering our last meeting here under these same circumstances and in spite of the general belief that pain cannot be re-lived in memory, I recalled the cold of that day 4 years ago and decided that cold’s ability to shrink and contract should be applied to my remarks. We will soon be indoors and thawed out!


We owe our humble thanks to a God who has blessed us possibly more than we deserve. Let us, in our stewardship of all He has given us, at least try to match His bounty – try as men to match his mountains.










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_everest

Mount Everest, also called Chomolungma, Qomolangma or Zhumulangma or Sagarmatha is the highest mountain on Earth, as measured by the height of its summit above sea level, which is 8,848 metres (29,029 feet). The mountain, which is part of the Himalaya range in High Asia, is located on the border between Sagarmatha Zone, Nepal, and Tibet, China.










From 3/14/1965 ( I am active duty Central Intelligence Agency officer ) to 11/8/1970 ( my first ascent to Mount Everest summit ) is: 2065 days

From 11/8/1970 ( my first ascent to Mount Everest summit ) to 7/4/1976 ( I successfully diverted the comet in the outer solar system ) is: 2065 days










http://www.cswap.com/1996/Star_Trek:_First_Contact/cap/en/25fps/a/00_16

Star Trek: First Contact


:16:02
Data, I need to know the exact date.

:16:05
April 4th, 2063.

:16:08
April 4th.
The day before First Contact.

:16:12
The missile complex must be
where Cochrane is building his ship.

:16:17
They came to stop First Contact.










http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/First_contact

The term first contact describes the first official encounter between representatives of two races or governments. Occasionally, the official first contact takes place years or even decades after members of the species involved have first met.

Typically, first contact is only initiated by the Federation if a civilization is sufficiently advanced and has developed interstellar travel (via warp drive, for example). Contact with more primitive civilizations is prohibited by the Prime Directive.

It has been stated that approaching scientists and intellectual leaders first, in private, is a preferred method of first contact, on the assumption that they would have minds open enough to easily grasp the concept of alien life. (TNG: "First Contact")


The term First Contact is also used to specifically refer to the first official contact between Humans and extraterrestrials. First Contact took place on the evening of April 5, 2063, when a Vulcan survey ship, the T'Plana-Hath, having detected the warp signature of the Phoenix, touched down in Bozeman, central Montana, where they met with the Phoenix's designer and pilot, Zefram Cochrane. This event is generally referred to as the defining moment in Human history, eventually paving the way for a unified world government and, later, the United Federation of Planets.










From 11/8/1970 ( my first ascent to Mount Everest summit ) to 4/5/2063 ( fictional date setting "Star Trek" "First Contact" ) is 4 weeks, 4 months, 92 years

'4492'





From 7/16/1963 ( my wife ) to 11/2/1975 ( I launched from Earth by myself to intercept the comet in the outer solar system ) is: 4492 days










From 7/16/1963 ( my wife ) to 11/2/1975 ( I launched from Earth by myself to intercept the comet in the outer solar system ) is: 4492 days

From 12/24/1968 ( I was Apollo 8 astronaut in orbit of Earth's moon ) to 4/12/1981 ( I was the commander aboard the STS-1 spacecraft Columbia ) is: 4492 days



From 2/12/1973 ( Operation Homecoming begins and I was one of the C-141A pilots transporting home the American POW's ) to 4/12/1981 ( I was the commander aboard the STS-1 spacecraft Columbia ) is: 2981 days

From 3/3/1959 ( my birth date US ) to 5/1/1967 ( my first flight by myself as jet pilot ) is: 2981 days



From 3/3/1959 ( my birth date US ) to 11/28/1976 ( I launched from Jupiter moon Callisto for Earth and home ) is: 6480 days

From 7/16/1963 ( my wife ) to 4/12/1981 ( I was the commander aboard the STS-1 spacecraft Columbia ) is: 6480 days


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/STS-1

Launch: April 12, 1981
Landing: April 14, 1981

The first Space Shuttle mission, STS (Space Transportation System)-1, was launched April 12, 1981, and returned April 14. Space Shuttle Columbia orbited the earth 36 times in this 54.5-hour mission.










http://gallery.phoebe-cates.com/v/movies/fast_times/fast_times125.jpg.html

"Linda Barrett

Attending college
in Riverside.

Now living with her
Abnormal Psych Professor."





From 3/4/1959 ( my birth date ) to 4/12/1981 ( I was the commander aboard the STS-1 spacecraft Columbia ) is: 8075 days

http://zip4.usps.com/zip4/zcl_1_results.jsp

ZIP Code™ Matches in RIVERSIDE, NJ

08075










From 5/1/1967 ( my first flight by myself as jet pilot ) to 9/18/1995 ( filming begins 1996 movie "Tin Cup" ) is: 10367 days

From 3/3/1959 ( my birth date US ) to 7/21/1987 ( formal wedding ceremony for my wife Phoebe and me ) is: 10367 days



From 12/24/1968 ( I was Apollo 8 astronaut in orbit of Earth's moon ) to 9/18/1995 ( filming begins 1996 movie "Tin Cup" ) is: 9764 days

9764 = 4882 + 4882

From 7/16/1963 ( my wife ) to 11/26/1976 ( my first landing Jupiter moon Callisto ) is: 4882 days


http://www.inbaseline.com/project.aspx?project_id=31507

Tin Cup (1996)


Completed shooting December 12, 1995.

Began shooting September 18, 1995.


A former golfer attempts to qualify for the U.S. Open and win the heart of his psychiatrist.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0117918/quotes

Memorable quotes for

Tin Cup (1996)


Roy 'Tin Cup' McAvoy: It won't always be like this, you know.

Dr. Molly Griswold: What?

Roy 'Tin Cup' McAvoy: With me surrounded by all these guys, snoring... stripper ex-girlfriend laying across from us... caddy sleeping next to her. It won't always be like this.

Dr. Molly Griswold: Yes, it will.










From 11/2/1975 ( I launched from Earth by myself to intercept the comet in the outer solar system ) to 8/9/1996 ( premiere UK movie "Independence Day" ) is: 7586 days

7586 = 3793 + 3793

From 3/3/1959 ( my birth date US ) to 7/21/1969 ( I was Apollo 11 Eagle astronaut walking on Earth's moon ) is: 3793 days


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116629/releaseinfo

Release dates for

Independence Day (1996)

UK 9 August 1996










http://www.cswap.com/1996/Independence_Day/cap/en/2_Parts/a/00_30

Independence Day


:30:17
- You can't go! You got to call them back!
- I'm not gonna do this with you, Jasmine.

:30:23
- I've got to report to El Toro.
- You said you was on leave for the Fourth!

:30:27
Well, they cancelled it!

:30:31
Look, why are you acting like this?

:30:33
Why?

:30:38
That's why!

:30:49
Look, I really don't think they flew 90 billion
light years to come and start a fight,

:30:55
and get all rowdy.

:30:58
Why don't you just relax? I'm gonna report
to El Toro, find out what's goin' on.

:31:06
- What are you doin' in there, man?
- Nothing, I'm just drivin'.

:31:11
Look.

:31:13
- I got these for you.
- Firecrackers!

:31:16
- You be careful.
- Steve, wait.

:31:18
- I wanna tell you something.
- What is it, Jasmine?

:31:25
You take care of yourself, you hear?

:31:30
Look,

:31:32
why don't you pack some things and you
and Dylan come stay with me on the base?

:31:38
You will see that there is nothing
to be scared of.

:31:41
Really?

:31:44
- You don't mind?
- Well, I mean...

:31:47
l will have to let all my other girlfriends
know they can't come over.

:31:51
- I got to postpone a freaky weekend.
- There you go, thinking you're all that.

:31:56
But you are not as charming
as you think you are, sir.










From 7/30/1964 ( Vivica A. Fox ) to 3/5/1989 ( actress Phoebe Cates who is legally my wife and I am her husband ) is: 8984 days

8984 = 4492 + 4492

From 7/16/1963 ( my wife ) to 11/2/1975 ( I launched from Earth by myself to intercept the comet in the outer solar system ) is: 4492 days



From 7/30/1964 ( Vivica A. Fox ) to 7/2/1976 ( I intercepted the comet in the outer solar system and set to work at diverting it ) is: 4355 days

4355 = 1 + 2177 + 2177

From 3/4/1959 ( my birth date UK ) to 2/17/1965 ( I am active duty U.S. Navy SEAL ) is: 2177 days



From 7/30/1964 ( Vivica A. Fox ) to 7/4/1976 ( I successfully diverted the comet in the outer solar system ) is: 4357 days

From 3/3/1959 ( my birth date US ) to 2/5/1971 ( I was Apollo 14 Antares command astronaut walking on Earth's moon ) is: 4357 days


http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000407/

Vivica A. Fox
Date of Birth: 30 July 1964
Independence Day (1996) .... Jasmine Dubrow










http://www.cswap.com/1996/Star_Trek:_First_Contact/cap/en/25fps/a/00_13

Star Trek: First Contact


:13:48
Go home.

:13:51
You'll regret this tomorrow.

:13:54
You should have learned by now
that I don't have regrets.

:14:00
- One more round, Lily.
- Z, you've had enough.

:14:03
- I'm not flying with a drunken pilot.
- I can't fly sober.










From 10/9/1971 ( I am board-certified surgeon ) to 5/14/1996 ( Re-released in USA on video 1982 film "Fast Times At Ridgemont High," starring my wife ) is: 8984 days

8984 = 4492 + 4492

From 7/16/1963 ( my wife ) to 11/2/1975 ( I launched from Earth by myself to intercept the comet in the outer solar system ) is: 4492 days


http://www.inbaseline.com/project.aspx?project_id=26609

Fast Times At Ridgemont High (1982)

Re-released in USA on video May 14, 1996.


Phoebe Cates : Linda Barrett










http://www.cswap.com/1997/Volcano/cap/en/25fps/a/00_16

Volcano


:16:55
Wow.

:16:57
So?

:17:00
I think I married a genius.

:17:02
Three years, four banks, $100 million,

:17:06
but the doors are open.

:17:11
I am so proud of you, honey.

:17:14
You never gave up.

:17:16
You didn't let me.

:17:18
Here's how I see our future.

:17:20
We move into this penthouse,
and then you transfer to Cedars,

:17:24
which is right down the block.

:17:27
Norman...

:17:28
I don't want my wife treating gunshot
wounds. I want her treating tennis elbows.










http://www.cswap.com/1996/Star_Trek:_First_Contact/cap/en/25fps/a/01_11

Star Trek: First Contact


1:11:14
We're ready to open the launch door.

1:11:30
- Look at that.
- Is there no moon in the future?

1:11:36
Sure, but there are
50 million people living on it.

1:11:41
You can even see Tycho City
and Lake Armstrong on a clear day.

1:11:48
Please...
don't tell me it's all thanks to me.

1:11:52
I've heard enough about
the great Zefram Cochrane.

1:11:58
You people have got some
pretty funny ideas about me.

1:12:03
You all look at me
as if I'm a saint or a visionary.

1:12:07
You're no saint, but you did
have a vision. We're sitting in it.

1:12:14
You want to know what my vision is?
Dollar signs! Money!

1:12:20
I didn't build this ship
to usher in a new era for humanity.

1:12:25
You think I want to go to the stars?
I don't even like to fly. I take trains.

1:12:31
I built this ship so that I could
retire to some tropical island,

1:12:36
filled with naked women.

1:12:40
That's Zefram Cochrane.
That's his vision.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0701098/quotes

Memorable quotes for

"The Simpsons"

Flaming Moe's (1991)



Lionel Hutz:

How about that! I looked something up! These books behind me don't just make the office look good, they're filled with useful legal tidbits just like that!










http://www.cswap.com/2002/Star_Wars:_Episode_II_-_Attack_of_the_Clones/cap/en/25fps/a/01_38

Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones


1:38:58
What are you talking about?

1:39:02
I love you.

1:39:08
You love me?

1:39:14
I thought we had decided
not to fall in love...

1:39:19
that we would be forced
to live a lie...

1:39:22
and that it would destroy our lives.

1:39:26
I think our lives are about
to be destroyed anyway.

1:39:33
I truly...

1:39:36
deeply love you...

1:39:39
and before we die,
I want you to know.










I have been pondering several details from that news article about the recent space shuttle launch and I find myself pondering that possibility that Nancy Reagan was standing next to my wife Phoebe during the 4/12/1981 launch that I was onboard as the commander. She explained that her husband, Ronnie, could not be there because he was still recovering from the gun shot wound the month before. I found myself thinking further that my wife Phoebe commented that Nancy was squeezing her arm so tightly as the countdown clock approached zero that she was cutting off circulation in her arm. One association I ponder over that as well is from the ending of "Apollo 13" where Jim Lovell's son comments that his mother is squeezing him too tightly as they are waiting to find out of the Apollo 13 capsule made it through re-entry. Nancy might have commented to my wife Phoebe that she has been at every space rocket launch since the Gemini program. She also might have talked about Buzz Aldrin and commented to Phoebe that he and I are a lot alike. Nancy explained earlier that she and Ronnie knew me, Phoebe's Tom, because I had been assigned to the White House on some kind of duty assignment associated with my midshipman activities. That also served to explain why she and President Reagan were at the ceremony we had on 5/1/1982 associated with my graduation from the Academy.




http://www.cswap.com/1995/Apollo_13/cap/en/25fps/a/02_01

Apollo 13


2:01:23
Coming up now on three minutes
until time of drogue deployment.

2:01:26
Bill, what time you got?

2:01:28
Standing by for any reports
of acquisition.

2:01:35
One minute and 30 seconds
to end of blackout.

2:01:44
No reentering ship
has ever taken longer...

2:01:46
than three minutes
to emerge from blackout.

2:01:49
This is the critical moment.
Will the heat shield hold?

2:01:52
Will the command module survive
the intense heat of reentry?

2:01:56
If it doesn't,
there'll only be silence.

2:01:59
'- Mommy, you're squishing me.
'- Oops, sorry, sweetie.

2:02:02
It's okay.

2:02:19
Okay, Flight,
that's three minutes.

2:02:21
'- We are standing by for acquisition.
'- Copy that.

2:02:26
Odyssey, Houston. Do you read me?

2:02:29
Odyssey, this is Houston.
Do you read?

2:02:31
Expected time of reacquisition,

2:02:34
the time when the astronauts were
expected to come out of blackout,

2:02:37
has come and gone.

2:02:41
About all any of us can do now
is just listen and hope.

2:02:45
We're about to learn whether
or not that heat shield,

2:02:48
which was damaged
by the explosion three days ago,

2:02:50
has withstood
the inferno of reentry.

2:02:56
Odyssey, this is Houston.
Do you read me?