Saturday, January 22, 2022

Children of the Sun





https://www.legion.org/stories/other/retreat-hell-we-just-got-here

The American Legion

"Retreat, hell! We just got here."

DEC 11, 2014

America entered World War I to reinforce the battered French and British troops waging a desperate fight against Germany. On June 2, 1918, a division of Marines was sent to support the French army at Belleau Wood. As the Marines arrived, they found French troops retreating through their lines. A French colonel, attempting to acquaint the Americans with the realities of the situation and not trusting his spoken English, scribbled a note to the officer in charge of the Americans ordering them to retreat. The Marine officer looked at the Frenchman coldly and said, “Retreat, Hell! We just got here.” That officer was Capt. Lloyd W. Williams, commanding the 51st Company, 2nd Battalion, 5th Marine Regiment.





https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1085051/bio

IMDb

Santiago Cabrera

Biography

Born May 5, 1978 in Caracas, Venezuela





https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isaac_Mendez

Isaac Mendez

From Wikipedia

First appearance "Genesis" (1.01) September 25, 2006

Isaac Méndez is a fictional character in the NBC drama Heroes. Portrayed by Santiago Cabrera, he has the ability to paint the future.





http://hvom.blogspot.com/2022/01/can-i-hear-amen-from-you.html
Posted by me, Kerry Burgess at 12:39 PM Saturday, January 22, 2022
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek:_Picard_(season_1)
Star Trek: Picard (season 1)
From Wikipedia
"The End Is the Beginning"
When Picard resigned following the synth attack on Mars, Starfleet fired Raffi. Now she resents him for that, and for not helping her in the subsequent years, and refuses to join him. However, she does find him a freelance pilot named Rios.
DSC06087





Star Trek: Picard

"The End is the Beginning"

S1 E3

Emergency Medical Hologram: So what seems to be the problem?






DSC06087





From 5/5/1978 ( Jimmy Carter, 39th President of USA: Spokane, Washington - Remarks at Dedication Ceremonies for Riverfront Park ) To 2/6/2004 ( as me, Kerry Burgess, my final day full-time employment Microsoft Corporation in Seattle beginning 12/07/1998 ) is 9408 days

9408 = 4704 + 4704

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 9/19/1978 ( Jimmy Carter, 39th President of USA: Executive Order 12082 - Armed Forces Promotion and Disability Separation Limitations ) is 4704 days



From 7/19/1989 ( the United Airlines Flight 232 crash in Sioux City Iowa and from the thoughts in my conscious mind, coinciding with United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric doctor medical drugs: the end of Kerry Burgess - *me* - the natural human being cloned from another human being {Thomas Reagan} ) To 2/6/2004 ( ) is 5315 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 5/22/1980 ( Jimmy Carter, 39th President of USA: Spokane, Washington - Remarks and a Question-and-Answer Session With Reporters Following a Meeting With State and Community Leaders ) is 5315 days



From 1/9/1913 ( Richard Nixon ) To 7/19/1989 ( the United Airlines Flight 232 crash in Sioux City Iowa and from the thoughts in my conscious mind, coinciding with United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric doctor medical drugs: the end of Kerry Burgess - *me* - the natural human being cloned from another human being {Thomas Reagan} ) is 27950 days

27950 = 13975 + 13975

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 2/6/2004 ( ) is 13975 days



From 6/12/1918 ( Lloyd William Williams killed by enemy action during World War I ) To 12/20/1994 ( from the thoughts in my conscious mind, coinciding with United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric doctor medical drugs: in non-aviator related duties boots on the ground in Bosnia as Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps captain this day is my United States Navy Cross medal date of record ) is 27950 days

27950 = 13975 + 13975

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 2/6/2004 ( ) is 13975 days



From 2/21/1997 ( the landing of the US space shuttle Discovery orbiter vehicle mission STS-82 includes me Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps officer and United States STS-82 pilot astronaut and my 4th official United States of America National Aeronautics Space Administration orbital flight of 4 overall ) To 2/6/2004 ( ) is 2541 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 10/17/1972 ( Britain's Queen Elizabeth II visits Yugoslavia ) is 2541 days



From 1/16/1991 ( from the thoughts in my conscious mind, coinciding with United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric doctor medical drugs: the date of record of my United States Navy Medal of Honor as Kerry Wayne Burgess chief warrant officer United States Marine Corps circa 1991 officially the United States Apache attack helicopter pilot ) To 2/6/2004 ( ) is 4769 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 11/23/1978 ( premiere US TV movie "The Thief of Baghdad" ) is 4769 days



From 4/9/1946 ( Joseph Wayne Burgess - as Kerry Wayne Burgess, I maintain he was never my biological father and I maintain you're an idiotic moron to doubt any claim made by me ) To 7/13/1984 ( premiere US film "The Last Starfighter" ) is 13975 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 2/6/2004 ( as Kerry Burgess my final day full-time employment Microsoft Corporation in Seattle beginning 12/07/1998 ) is 13975 days



From 10/28/1994 ( premiere US film "Stargate" ) To 2/6/2004 ( ) is 3388 days

3388 = 1694 + 1694

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 6/23/1970 ( at University of Cambridge, Prince Charles becomes the first heir of the British monarchy to obtain a college diploma ) is 1694 days



From 1/1/1997 ( the Emergency Alert System becomes operational in the United States ) To 2/6/2004 ( ) is 2592 days

2592 = 1296 + 1296

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 5/21/1969 ( from the thoughts in my conscious mind, coinciding with United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric doctor medical drugs: the Princeton University doctor of medicine degree graduation of my biological brother Dr Thomas Reagan MD ) is 1296 days



From 1/20/1953 ( Jeffrey Epstein ) To 2/6/2004 ( as Kerry Burgess my final day full-time employment Microsoft Corporation in Seattle beginning 12/07/1998 ) is 18644 days

18644 = 9322 + 9322

From 11/2/1965 ( me ) To 5/12/1991 ( from the thoughts in my conscious mind, coinciding with United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric doctor medical drugs: disguised as McLaren driver Ayrton Senna, I was the winning race driver at the Formula One Monaco Grand Prix as the unpublished Formula One driver and the financial partner of McLaren Honda and the legitimate agent of Interpol ) is 9322 days





posted by me, Kerry Burgess - H.V.O.M at 9:36 PM Sunday, September 11, 2005

Yesterday, I started thinking that maybe no one is going to just give me the explanation I have been waiting on. Instead, what I think is going to happen is someone is going to hand me a set of keys and say "Here you go. One shiny, pre-owned Microsoft. Have fun." I just wonder if Bill Gates is a smoker and if so, whether I will be able to get that smoky smell out of it before I take it for a drive.





https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/documents/spokane-washington-remarks-dedication-ceremonies-for-riverfront-park

The American Presidency Project

JIMMY CARTER

39th President of the United States: 1977 ‐ 1981

Spokane, Washington Remarks at Dedication Ceremonies for Riverfront Park.

May 05, 1978

Senator Magnuson, Governor Ray, Governor Evans of Idaho, who is with us today, my friend Congressman Tom Foley, Congressman Dicks, Mayor Bait, Secretary Andrus and Secretary Bergland, many friends from Spokane:

During the last few days, I've been pleased to leave the city of Washington, D.C., and to visit the western part of our great Nation. I've been enjoying the beauty of it. I've been discussing with our citizens of all kinds, questions of great importance to ourselves, our families, our communities, our Nation, indeed, the entire world. I've been talking about the desire for peace, based on a strong America and a strong national defense. I've been talking about the beauty of our country, clean air, clean water, clean and productive land. I've been talking about our Nation's forests, our Nation's water resources, our Nation's fields that produce the food and fiber for us and the rest of the world.

I've been listening to suggestions and criticisms and talking with those who are experts on these subjects and who have a genuine desire to resolve the longstanding problems and questions which we all face—the questions of energy that have too long been ignored.

We now see these problems reaching a stage where they must be resolved. There are no easy answers. There are no quick solutions, because we have a strong, dynamic, growing, aggressive, competitive nation.

As President, I realize that I don't know all the answers, that Washington is not the source of all solutions, that there must be a genuine partnership between me, the Governors, the mayors, county officials, the Congress, and private citizens of all kinds, to make common sacrifices, to make common commitments, to realize the potential beauty and the greatness of our Nation.

It's good for me to come back to Spokane today to this same site where I was thrilled in 1974, when one of the days was called Georgia Day and I and my wife and my daughter, Amy, could look at the beauty of this river, stand in awe at the waterfall, see what a city of not great population could do to inspire the world, at the self-sacrifice and accomplishment that was exhibited here in Expo '74.

I wondered then about the background of Spokane and the future of this lovely site, once the excitement of Expo '74 was past. I flew in on a plane traveling tourist class, which was my custom then because of necessity, and I saw the beauty of your land. And today when I came on Air Force One, I had the same opportunity.

My friend Tom Foley thinks the Inland Empire is an American version of the Garden of Eden. And as I looked over the rich agricultural land and the beautiful mountains and hills and streams as I flew in this morning, I can see what he means.

You're lucky to be represented in Congress by a man like Tom Foley. In the last year and a half, I've learned why he is one of the most respected men in the Nation's Capital. In many areas, but especially farm agricultural policy—on which he does not always agree with me, I have to admit—he stands for responsible solutions that protect the interests of farmers and of all America. He understands, from a practical perspective, the special problems of farmers in this area, and he always represents your viewpoints very well.

This park is an achievement that would make any city proud, but you should also be especially proud of your Senator, Warren Magnuson, for the essential role he played in bringing this park into being.

As all of you know, it was Senator Magnuson who explained to the Federal Government the importance of this facility to your beautiful city and who helped to obtain Federal grants to aid in its construction.

As chairman of the Appropriations Committee, and soon to be President pro tempore of the Senate, Maggie is in an excellent position to continue his fine work for Spokane and the rest of Washington State—indeed, the entire Nation. He's one of the greatest Senators that I have ever known, and I respect and love him very much, as do all of you.

He expressed a philosophy that has always been my own: that the best government is a government closest to the people, that people ought to control their government, not let government control them, and that public officials should never forget who put us in office, and that we don't know all the answers at the State capital or the National Capital. The answers must be derived, even to most complicated questions involving foreign policy and national defense, from people like you all over our great Nation.

Today, we come to think about a particular aspect of American life. Since the days when I was a State legislator and then a Governor in Georgia, I've understood the special need to promote environmental and historical perspective and preservation. This is a place of lasting value that is also an economic boom to your whole entire region and State. I'm glad that the Federal Government has been able to join—not in a leadership role, but a supporting role—State government, the city of Spokane, and business interests like your railroads and the Land Resources Corporation, in creating something that brings enjoyment and prosperity to so many people.

Riverfront Park also shows very clearly what can be accomplished in urban redevelopment. You've transformed an area that was declining, that was far short of its great potential, into one of the Nation's most innovative and refreshing urban settings. I have proposed, as part of my own administration's new urban policy, a $150 million urban park and recreation program which can make possible, under Cecil Andrus' leadership, other parks like your own beautiful one here. And it also shows in a symbolic way the continuing relationship between energy and the environment.

Most of the Federal share that helped build this park came from our lease revenues from oil and gas production on the Outer Continental Shelf. My administration is committed to the belief that we can meet our Nation's energy needs and continue to protect and to enhance our irreplaceable natural environment. As those of you who have come from Coeur d'Alene know firsthand, we have in Cecil Andrus a Secretary of Interior from Idaho who's deeply and personally committed to that goal.

In the 15 months since I became President, my administration and the Congress have begun to tackle the most difficult problems facing our country. I've come here to listen to the people of this region and to ask your help for the programs and policies we need.

Later on today, I'll be facing for an extended period of time many of you and your fellow citizens in a direct interchange of questions and ideas, where there is no constraint on what you want to ask me or to suggest to me in how I can be a better President.

To solve the problems of our decade, we must recapture what is best in our national spirit. We must be willing to put aside regional differences. We must be willing to put aside, also, our special interests, our selfish grasping for advantage, and contribute to the general good. We must be willing to make sacrifices so that others will follow our lead. Because I am confident that our Nation is ready for that kind of challenge, and because we have no alternative except to face difficult problems, I've asked the Congress and the people to work with me in areas of greatest challenge.

On energy, we must act to conserve and to produce more, to import less, and develop alternative sources. On inflation, we must work together in a spirit of cooperation and restraint to slow the rising costs that threaten the economic security and the well-being of every American family. It's here that our greatest challenge may come. We cannot control inflation without common sacrifice and common commitment by us all.

On civil service, I need your support to help pass my reforms and to bring more efficiency and more incentive into the bloated Federal bureaucracy, which must be improved.

Here in the West, as well as elsewhere, we must improve our ability to protect the national environment while maintaining economic growth and development. This is a great challenge, but I have every confidence that we can meet it and succeed. We will never see the quality of life, the beauty of our environment deteriorate as long as I'm serving you as President in the White House.

None of this is going to be easy, and I don't pretend that any of us has all the answers. Many people say that as President of the United States, I have the most difficult job in all the world. But I have confidence that the people understand that there are no easy answers. I believe that people understand that difficult questions, too long ignored, must now be addressed.

I think people understand that there are conflicts of interest, even among the most well-meaning and dedicated and patriotic American citizens. This is part of our democratic society. But I feel an assurance, as President, that I can do a good job, to the extent that I maintain my close relationship with you and enhance the partnership that must exist in our great Nation.

I know that our reaction to these challenges will be the measure by which we will be judged by future generations.

The Congress and my administration can only do so much. We can never succeed without broad public support. We need the confidence and the understanding and the commitment of the American people. We need it in Washington, D.C., and we need it in Washington State, and I know that we can find it.

This partnership between you and me will help to realize the true greatness of our Nation.

Thank you very much.

Note: The President spoke at 12:16 p.m.

Jimmy Carter, Spokane, Washington Remarks at Dedication Ceremonies for Riverfront Park. Online by Gerhard Peters and John T. Woolley, The American Presidency Project https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/node/245685





From 1/20/1953 ( Jeffrey Epstein ) To 9/2/1993 ( premiere USA TV movie "The Secret File of J. Edgar Hoover" ) is 14835 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 6/15/2006 ( ) is 14835 days



From 1/20/1953 ( Jeffrey Epstein ) To 6/15/2006 ( ) is 19504 days

19504 = 9752 + 9752

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 7/15/1992 ( Los Angeles Times reports this day: Microsoft Corp. and Apple Computer Inc. are expected to set aside a fierce legal skirmish today ) is 9752 days



From 2/6/2004 ( as me, Kerry Burgess, my final day full-time employment Microsoft Corporation in Seattle beginning 12/07/1998 ) To 6/15/2006 ( ) is 860 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 3/11/1968 ( Lyndon Johnson, 36th President of USA: Memorandum Approving the Adoption by the Federal Government of a Standard Code for Information Interchange ) is 860 days



https://money.cnn.com/2006/06/15/technology/microsoft_news/index.htm

CNN Money

Gates to leave day-to-day role at Microsoft

Chairman to devote more time to charitable works.

By Amanda Cantrell, CNNMoney.com staff writer

June 16, 2006: 7:42 AM EDT

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) - Microsoft announced Thursday that chairman and co-founder Bill Gates will transition out of a day-to-day role at the company





https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/documents/memorandum-approving-the-adoption-the-federal-government-standard-code-for-information

The American Presidency Project

LYNDON B. JOHNSON

36th President of the United States: 1963 ‐ 1969

Memorandum Approving the Adoption by the Federal Government of a Standard Code for Information Interchange

March 11, 1968

Memorandum for the Heads of Departments and Agencies

I have today approved a recommendation by the Secretary of Commerce, submitted under provisions of Public Law 89-306, that the United States of America Standard Code for Information Interchange be adopted as a Federal standard.

In my memorandum to you of June 28, 1966, I stressed the need for achieving, with industry cooperation, greater compatibility among computers. The earlier adoption of the Standard Code for Information Interchange as a voluntary standard by the United States of America Standards Institute reflects a national concern with this need.

The adoption of this code as a Federal standard is a major step toward minimizing costly incompatibility among our vast Federal computer and telecommunications data systems.

I have also approved recommendations of the Secretary of Commerce regarding standards for recording the Standard Code for Information Interchange on magnetic tapes and paper tapes when they are used in computer operations.

All computers and related equipment configurations brought into the Federal Government inventory on and after July 1, 1969, must have the capability to use the Standard Code for Information Interchange and the formats prescribed by the magnetic tape and paper tape standards when these media are used.

The standard code will be used as the basic code in those networks of the National Communications System whose primary function is either the transmission of record communications or the transmission of data related to information processing. The standard will be implemented on a time-phased basis that is to be specified in National Communications System long-range plans.

The heads of departments and agencies are authorized to waive the use of these standards only under compelling circumstances of particular applications. Such waiver is to be coordinated with the Department of Commerce (National Bureau of Standards) before it is exercised so that the Department may effectively accomplish the goals of the Federal computer equipment standards program conducted under Public Law 89-306.

The Department of Commerce will provide you with the details of these standards and their application.

LYNDON B. JOHNSON

Note: For the President's memorandum of June 28, 1966, on the use and management of computers by Federal agencies, see 1966 volume, this series, Book I, Item 296.

Lyndon B. Johnson, Memorandum Approving the Adoption by the Federal Government of a Standard Code for Information Interchange Online by Gerhard Peters and John T. Woolley, The American Presidency Project https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/node/237376



- posted by me, Kerry Burgess 5:35 PM Pacific-time USA Saturday 01/22/2022