Monday, January 31, 2022

Today is Monday, 01/31/2022, Post #2





Blade Runner (1982)

(from internet transcript)

Tyrell: I'm surprised you didn't come here sooner.









https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0743738/quotes

IMDb

The Waltons (TV Series)

The First Day (1974)

Quotes

Narrator: [narration as John 'John Boy' Walton, Jr. reading from his journal] When you're growing up, Septembers have a special feeling; another carefree summer is all too quickly ended and a new school year is about to begin. There was an extra excitement for me in the September of 1934. My years at Miss Hunter's school on Waltons Mountain were over, and I was ready to take those first faltering steps into the strange world outside. How vividly I recall the edgy excitement, the awful exilaration of preparing for my first day at Boatwright University. It was a day which showed me how little I knew about some things, and how well my parents had prepared me for others.









From 12/17/1947 ( first air-date WEWS-TV Cleveland, Ohio ) To 3/16/2004 ( from NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams: Nixon targeted Kerry for anti-war views ) is 20544 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 1/31/2022 ( ) is 20544 days



From 10/28/1963 ( premiere US TV series episode "The Outer Limits"::"The Man Who Was Never Born" ) To 1/31/2022 ( ) is 21280 days

21280 = 10640 + 10640

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 12/20/1994 ( from the thoughts in my conscious mind, coinciding with United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric doctor medical drugs: in non-aviator related duties boots on the ground in Bosnia as Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps captain this day is my United States Navy Cross medal date of record ) is 10640 days



From 6/25/1982 ( premiere US film "Blade Runner" ) To 1/31/2022 ( ) is 14465 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 6/10/2005 ( previously referenced by me, Kerry Burgess ) is 14465 days



From 12/9/2003 ( premiere US TV miniseries finale episode "Battlestar Galactica" ) To 1/31/2022 ( ) is 6628 days

6628 = 3314 + 3314

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 11/29/1974 ( premiere US TV movie "The Gathering Storm" ) is 3314 days



From 3/16/2013 ( the untimely demise of Kerry Burgess 2005, or something, and I exist today as Kerry Burgess 2013 ) To 1/31/2022 ( ) is 3243 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 9/19/1974 ( premiere US TV series episode "The Waltons"::"The First Day" ) is 3243 days









http://www.simpsonsarchive.com/episodes/3G04

Simpson Tide

Original airdate on FOX: 29-Mar-1998

The submarine surfaces. Homer opens the hatch and sticks his head out, only to see his ship surrounded by several others, all pointing guns at him.



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0701210/quotes

IMDb

The Simpsons (TV Series)

Simpson Tide (1998)

Quotes

Naval Captain: Attention, Homer Simpson: you have ten seconds to explain yourself before we open fire.

Homer Simpson: [into megaphone] Umm... it's my first day!

[Captain and crew laugh]

Homer Simpson: [to Spanish fleet] Es mi dia primero!

[Captain and crew laugh]

Homer Simpson: [to Chinese fleet] Pu gong quan chu chon gong tshoo!

[Captain and crew laugh]

Homer Simpson: [to S.S. Antarctica] Quack, quack, quack.

[penguins chuckle]









https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WEWS-TV

WEWS-TV

From Wikipedia

First air date December 17, 1947

WEWS-TV, virtual channel 5 (UHF digital channel 15), is an ABC-affiliated television station licensed to Cleveland, Ohio, United States. It has been owned by the Cincinnati-based E. W. Scripps Company since its inception.









http://www.nbcnews.com/id/4534274/ns/nbc_nightly_news_with_brian_williams/t/nixon-targeted-kerry-anti-war-views

NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams

Nixon targeted Kerry for anti-war views

White House tapes reveal then-president’s attempt to discredit Kerry during 1971 war protests, Senate testimony

By Brian Williams

Anchor & “Nightly News” managing editor

NBC News

updated 3/16/2004 6:59:03 AM ET

Colson: This fellow Kerry that they had on last week --

Nixon: Yeah.

Colson: -- hell, he turns out to be, uh, really quite a phony.

Nixon: Well, he is sort of a phony, isn't he?









http://articles.latimes.com/1994-12-21/news/mn-11473_1_bosnian-serb

Los Angeles Times

Carter Announces Bosnia Cease-Fire Agreement : Balkans: Truce begins Friday, he says after shaky start with rebel Serbs. Diplomats remain skeptical.

December 21, 1994 DEAN E. MURPHY TIMES STAFF WRITER

SARAJEVO, Bosnia-Herzegovina — The Bosnian Serbs and the Muslim-led Bosnian government have agreed to begin a cease-fire on Friday as a small first step toward ending the 32-month civil war, former President Jimmy Carter announced Tuesday.

The modest agreement--one of many proposed cease-fires over the course of the war--came after an unscheduled second round of meetings

"There will be a complete cease-fire in all of Bosnia-Herzegovina, including Bihac, to go into effect at noon on Dec. 23," Carter said. "This cease-fire is to be completely monitored, without interference, by UNPROFOR (U.N. Protection Force) troops, interposing themselves between the opposing military units wherever necessary."









Blade Runner (1982)

(from internet transcript)

Tyrell: I'm surprised you didn't come here sooner.

Batty: It's not an easy thing to meet your maker.










google-streetview_seattle_gas-works-park_1









Battlestar Galactica - tv miniseries - 12/08/2003, 12/09/2003

(from internet transcript)

(Ragnar)

(Leoben and Adama are walking deeper into the base. Leoben's looking increasingly ill.)

Adama: You all right?

Leoben: I'm fine, it's just something about this place...

Adama: What about this place?









Battlestar Galactica - tv miniseries - 12/08/2003, 12/09/2003

(from internet transcript)

(Ragnar Anchorage - Adama and Leoben are in some sort of room with lots of pipes and steam. Leoben is extremely pale and sweaty now.)

Leoben: What is it about this place? What's it doing to me?









by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me, excerpts: H.V.O.M at 11:40 AM Sunday, January 02, 2011

Stampede Pass

I must have been lying in bed for over four hours last night and could not fall asleep for that much time and longer because I started thinking during the night last night that Stampede Pass is where I materialized after the L-1011 Stargazer spiraled down from over forty thousand feet after breaking into pieces and then crashed with such force that it virtually vaporized on contact with that ground.

after I understood that my aircraft was unflyable because, for one reason, a wing had just broken off due to impact with debris from the Pegasus rocket that had just exploded in front of my windshield, I was turned around part ways in my seat as the pilot and I had my had outreached to shake the hand of Kerry Burgess and I spoke that flying with had been an honor but the aircraft was spinning too fast for us to shake hands. When I materialized at Stampede Pass I felt as though I had materialized about one inch or two above the ground and I found myself standing there in the woods on that dirt road with absolutely no idea where I was and I was standing there with my hand still reaching out to shake his hand.









album: "We Were Dead Before The Ship Even Sank" (2007)

MODEST MOUSE

"Fly Trapped In A Jar"

(from internet transcript)

Well it's probably been said,
That it's always been said,
That,

One wing isn't even enough,
It isn't even enough,
It isn't even enough,
It isn't even enough,
To leave,

One wing isn't even enough,
It wasn't even enough,
It wasn't even enough,
It wasn't even enough,



- posted by me, Kerry Burgess 8:17 PM Pacific-time USA Monday 01/31/2022