Saturday, January 08, 2022

My Choices Made, vanishing paradoxically



by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: October 12, 2021

There's a new tv-series on NBC that for a while I've seen advertised, named "La Brea"

Seemed mildly interesting but I didn't know very much about it

Today, I watched the first two episodes

The story itself became very interesting to me

Then, they very soon explain where they are and that damp's my interest

Taking away the suspense, there is eventually a rebound in my interest, knowing where they are

The one guy, the former pilot, makes me think this element of the story is another stab at notions established in 2015 tv-series "The Whispers", reported so brilliantly by me personally

There's no other connection here to that story, other than something familiar with pilot guy

I'm sure I'll continue following the tv-series with the new episodes

I just noticed that there's a new episode later tonight, which I won't see until later, tomorrow probably, if I decide to watch it

Some points that seem important to note and that happened before I decided to watch it today, for the first time, of episodes that have been available for two weeks, but I chose only today to watch for first time

Couple observations that could not have caused me to decide today to watch the episodes and that's because I didn't know about the relevant details until I watched - after the fact - the episodes

Hours earlier - all morning - since 5 AM today, the local tv-news reported on visibility of the Aurora Borealis here locally in Spokane, which I didn't see

Also hours earlier, a line of thought formed in my conscious mind about the nature of Time

I began to think about being in the proximity of a gravitational-singularity, or Black Hole

For a moment, I began to think that I almost got it

That I got it, I got how time is relative

A bazillion years could pass at one place while at another, only a moment





https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0664392/?ref_=ttmi_tt

IMDb

Odyssey 5

The Choices We Make

Episode aired Jul 26, 2002

S1 E6





Rainbow Six (1998) - Tom Clancy

(from internet transcript)

CHAPTER 5

RAMIFICATIONS

"What went wrong?" Ding asked, suspecting he knew what the answer was.

"I spotted you looking around the corner, boy," Rainbow Six answered. "That alerted the bad guys."

"Shit," Chavez responded. "That's a program glitch. In real life I'd use the mirror rig, or take this Kevlar hat off, but the program doesn't let us. The flash-bangs would have gone in clean."

"Maybe," John Clark allowed. "But your score on this one is a B-minus."

"Gee, thanks, Mr. C," the Team-2 leader groused. "Next you gonna say our shooting was off?"

"Yours was, the machine says."





From 7/2/1938 ( premiere US film "Rainbow's End" ) To 1/8/2022 ( TODAY, Saturday ) is 30506 days

30506 = 15253 + 15253

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 8/7/2007 ( the fictional date setting pivotal to the story established in the 2002 tv-series "Odyssey 5" ) is 15253 days



From 5/28/1942 ( Stanley Prusiner ) To 8/3/1998 ( "Rainbow Six" by Tom Clancy ) is 20521 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 1/8/2022 ( ) is 20521 days



From 5/28/1942 ( premiere US film "My Favorite Spy" ) To 8/3/1998 ( "Rainbow Six" by Tom Clancy ) is 20521 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 1/8/2022 ( ) is 20521 days



From 12/17/2020 ( premiere of the CBS adaption of Stephen King's "The Stand" ) To 1/8/2022 ( ) is 387 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 11/24/1966 ( premiere US TV series episode "Star Trek"::"The Menagerie - Part II" ) is 387 days





https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Encephalopathy

Encephalopathy

From Wikipedia

Encephalopathy (from Ancient Greek: "brain" + "suffering") means any disorder or disease of the brain, especially chronic degenerative conditions. In modern usage, encephalopathy does not refer to a single disease, but rather to a syndrome of overall brain dysfunction





The Stand - complete edition, by Stephen King

(from internet transcript)

Chapter 1

“Clock went red,” the man on the floor grunted, and then began to cough, racking chainlike explosions that sent heavy mucus spraying from his mouth in long and ropy splatters. Hap leaned backward, grimacing desperately.

“Better roll him over,” Vic said. “He’s goan choke on it.”

But before they could, the coughing tapered off into bellowsed, uneven breathing again. His eyes blinked slowly and he looked at the men gathered above him.

“Where’s… this?”

“Arnette,” Hap said. “Bill Hapscomb’s Texaco.





The Menagerie, part 2 [ Star Trek ]

Original Airdate: 24 Nov, 1966

(from internet transcript)

[Talosian monitoring room]

TALOSIAN: Thousands of us are already probing the creature's thoughts, Magistrate. We find excellent memory capacity.

MAGISTRATE: I read most strongly a recent death struggle in which it fought to protect its life. We will begin with this, giving the specimen something more interesting to protect.

[Rigel 7]

VINA: Come on, we must hide ourselves. Come, come, hurry. It's deserted. There'll be weapons and perhaps food.

PIKE: This is Rigel Seven.

VINA: Please, we must hide ourselves.

PIKE: I was in a cage, a cell, in some kind of a zoo. I must still be there.

VINA: Come on.

PIKE: They've reached into my mind and taken the memory of somewhere I've been.

VINA: The Kaylar!

PIKE: It's starting just as it happened two weeks ago, except for you.

[Hearing room]

SPOCK: A brilliant deduction by Captain Pike, gentlemen. Yes, he was still inside his cell, but knowing that couldn't help him.

KIRK: The Talosians controlled his brain.

SPOCK: And could make him live any place, any time, any situation they wished.

- posted by me, Kerry Burgess 06:34 AM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Saturday 01/08/2022