This Is What I Think.

Saturday, November 05, 2016

Cocktail




http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/movie_script.php?movie=cocktail-1988

Springfield! Springfield!


Cocktail (1988)


Let's see how well you hack it
in the real world...
with an "F" in this course.
"F!"
Not a goddam thing any one
of those professors says...
makes a difference
on the street.
If you know that,
you're ready to graduate.
Maybe I'm just too old
to be a student.
Christ.
I've got to find something...
something to do.
Relax.
You're in the perfect job.
There's no better way to make it
than behind three feet of mahogany.
Within one square mile
of this saloon...
lies the greatest concentration
of wealth in the world.
Yes...
but how is a bartender...
gonna get his hands
on any of it?
A bartender is the aristocrat
of the working class.
He can make all kinds of moves
if he's smart.
There are investors out there.
There are angels.
There are suckers.
There are rich women with
nothing to do with their money.
You can stand in this bar
and you can be struck by lightning.
I've seen it happen.










http://www.chakoteya.net/movies/movie8.html

Star Trek: First Contact (1996)


COCHRANE: Go home.










[ See also: http://hvom.blogspot.com/2016/09/star-trek-first-contact-1996.html ]


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0117731/releaseinfo

IMDb


Star Trek: First Contact (1996)

Release Info

USA 18 November 1996 (Hollywood, California) (premiere)










http://www.vatican.va/roman_curia/secretariat_state/index_concordati-accordi_en.htm


AGREEMENTS OF THE HOLY SEE


Lateran Pact: Agreement between the Holy See and Italy (February 11, 1929)










http://www.chakoteya.net/movies/movie8.html

Star Trek: First Contact (1996)


[Enterprise-E engineering]

BORG QUEEN (OC): Are you ready?

DATA: Who are you?

BORG QUEEN (OC): I am the Borg.

DATA: That is a contradiction. The Borg have a collective consciousness. There are no individuals.

(the Borg Queen's head and shoulders descend from the ceiling)

BORG QUEEN: I am the beginning, the end, the one who is many.

(the head and shoulders lock into a cybernetic body and the Queen approaches Data)

BORG QUEEN: I am the Borg.

DATA: Greetings. ...I am curious, do you control the Borg collective?

BORG QUEEN: You imply disparity where none exists. I am the collective.

DATA: Perhaps I should rephrase the question. I wish to understand the organisational relationship. Are you their leader?

BORG QUEEN: I bring order to chaos.

DATA: An interesting, if cryptic response.

BORG QUEEN: You are in chaos, Data. You are the contradiction. A machine who wishes to be human.

DATA: As you seem to know so much about me, you must be aware that I am programmed to evolve and better myself.

BORG QUEEN: We too are on a quest to better ourselves. Evolving toward a state of perfection.

DATA: Forgive me. The Borg do not evolve. They conquer.

BORG QUEEN: By assimilating other beings into our collective, we are bringing them closer to perfection.

DATA: Somehow I question your motives.










http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/church/underthemilkyway.html

AZ

THE CHURCH

"Under The Milky Way"

Sometimes when this place gets kind of empty
Sound of their breath fades with the light
I think about the loveless fascination
Under the Milky Way tonight

Lower the curtain down in Memphis
Lower the curtain down all right
I got no time for private consultation
Under the Milky Way tonight

Wish I knew what you were looking for
Might have known what you would find

And it's something quite peculiar
Something that's shimmering and white
It leads you here despite your destination
Under the Milky Way tonight

Under the Milky Way tonight



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 11:25 PM Daylight Saving Time Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Saturday 05 November 2016