Thursday, February 25, 2010

The Queen (2006)




http://my.excite.com/tv/prog.jsp?id=MV001789820000&sid=31556&sn=AMCP&st=201002211500&cn=67

The Queen (2006)

67 AMCP: Sunday, February 21 3:00 PM

2006, PG-13, ***1/2, 01:41, Color, English, United Kingdom,

Queen Elizabeth II (Helen Mirren) and Prime Minister Tony Blair (Michael Sheen) try to reach a compromise in determining the royal family's public reaction to Princess Diana's death.

Cast: Helen Mirren, Michael Sheen, James Cromwell, Helen McRory, Alex Jennings, Roger Allam, Sylvia Syms, Mark Bazeley, Earl Cameron, Tim McMullan, Paul Barrett, Gavin Park Director(s): Stephen Frears Producer(s): Andy Harries, Christine Langan, Tracey Seaward Executive Producer(s): Franýois Ivernel, Cameron McCracken, Scott Rudin










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0289043/quotes

Memorable quotes for

28 Days Later... (2002)


Selena: Do you think he saw us this time?










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0436697/releaseinfo

Release dates for

The Queen (2006)


Italy 2 September 2006 (Venice Film Festival)

UK 15 September 2006

USA 29 September 2006 (New York Film Festival)










From 7/23/1973 ( I passed the Multistate Bar Examination ) to 11/9/1985 ( Prince of Wales and Princess of Wales at White House ) is: 4492 days

From 7/16/1963 ( my wife ) to 11/2/1975 ( I launched from Earth by myself to intercept Comet Lucifer in the outer solar system ) is: 4492 days


http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=38040&st=&st1=

Ronald Reagan

XL President of the United States: 1981 - 1989

Toasts at a White House Dinner for the Prince and Princess of Wales

November 9th, 1985

The President. Your Royal Highnesses, Sir Oliver and Lady Wright, and Ambassador and Mrs. Price, ladies and gentlemen, Nancy and I are deeply honored to welcome the Prince and Princess of Wales to the White House. Permit me to add our congratulations to Prince Charles on his birthday, just 5 days away, and express also our great happiness that we have been able to have this affair with Princess Diana, here on her first trip to the United States—that we should be able to share in that first trip.

In his 1941 address before a Joint Session of the United States Congress, Prime Minister Churchill remarked, "I cannot help reflecting that if my father had been American and my mother British, instead of the other way around, I might have got here on my own." [Laughter] But Your Royal Highnesses, the reception you've received here suggests that if you had been American, you might well have gotten to this house on your own. [Laughter]

Our two countries are bound together by innumerable ties of ancient history and present friendship. Our language, our law, our democratic system of government, our fierce belief in the God-given right of men to be free—all of these we owe to you. We've stood together through two great world conflicts. Today we go on, shoulder to shoulder, in an alliance to protect freedom and democracy.

This evening we've gathered on a happy occasion, a celebration of the "Treasure Houses of Britain," perhaps the most magnificent exhibition ever mounted and five centuries of British achievement, five centuries of elegance, beauty, and charm; I should add, wit. When Nancy and I toured the exhibition, we were struck by a settee from Balmoral Castle, constructed almost entirely of deer antlers. I've been wondering ever since whether something like that could be done with cattle horns out on the ranch. [Laughter] But one misadventure in the corral one day has taught me that it might be more painful than pleasant, so— [laughter] . The "Treasure Houses of Britain" truly is a great gift from the houses' owners, the British people, and you, the exhibition's patrons. I speak for all Americans when I say a heartfelt "thank you."

Your Royal Highnesses, in the eyes of my countrymen, you and your family hold a place of high honor; your devotion to duty commands our esteem. Americans join our British cousins in looking upon you with affection and respect. And in that same 1941 address, Winston Churchill said: "It is not given to us to peer into the future. Still I avow my hope and faith, sure and inviolate, that in the days to come, the British and American people will, for their own safety and for the good of all, walk together in majesty, in justice, and in peace." And today that noble hope is a glorious reality.

Would you please join me in a toast to Her Majesty, the Queen. To the Queen.










}}}}} JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Home

I've written several times of this experience in terms of that Star Trek:TNG episode where Capt. Picard is assimilated by the Borg. While I do not consider myself a "Trekkie", I like the Star Trek series because I am a fan in general of science fiction, and because I like any good story that captures my imagination. There was a follow-on episode to those episodes of where Picard is captured and it was titled "Family." While I typically like the episodes with more action, I always get a kick out this episode because Picard's brother reminded me so much of my sister, in terms of obvious sibling rivalry. I also found myself envying Picard's character for being able to go back to a home like that, where he has roots. I was watching a movie a few months ago based on John McCain's POW experiences and I was thinking of how a lot of it seemed similar. I was most interested in what it was like for him to come back home after his 6 years in captivity but the movie
seemed kind of light there. I also found myself envying McCain for his family, especially not only being third-generation Navy but a family of notable service to the Navy.

The original air date of this episode was October 1990, and my formal discharge from the Navy was May 1990. I'm not sure when I actually watched this episode though; probably around the 1994 time-frame. It reminds me of a pivotal point back in 1990. I was leaving the Navy and I had absolutely no idea what I was going to do. I had spent the last 6 months overseas so there had been no way to even do any interviews until I was actually out of the service. As luck would have it, a buddy of mine, who I had worked with on the USS Wainwright, recommended me to a company he was interviewing with and I got that job. I got out of the Navy on a Friday and I was working there that next Monday. Coincidentally, the same thing had happened six years earlier where I graduated high school on Friday and was in Navy boot camp the next Monday.

Synopsis

After taking the U.S.S. Enterprise to an Earth-orbiting spacedock for repairs, Picard, still recovering from the injuries he suffered at the hands of the Borg, returns for the first time in twenty years to the 19th century French village where he grew up. He is greeted warmly by his sister-in-law and nephew, both of whom he has never met. However, his meeting with his older brother Robert, who feels that Picard is arrogant, is filled with animosity.

Back in his village, Picard receives an offer from an old friend to head a project on Earth, and is shocked to find himself seriously considering the job. While Picard anguishes over the decision, his brother seizes the opportunity to torment him, telling him he has changed from the unflappable achiever he once was. The argument leads to a brawl that eventually leaves the sibling rivals laughing and covered in mud. They share a tender moment as Picard reveals the guilt he feels over his inability to fight the Borg after they kidnapped him.

As the U.S.S. Enterprise prepares to depart, it is apparent that more than just the starship was repaired. Worf shares a final tender moment with his parents, Wesley says goodbye to a father he finally feels he knows, and Picard, reconciled with his brother, begins his psychological recovery from his trauma with the Borg.

{{{{{










http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0436697/quotes

Memorable quotes for

The Queen (2006)


HM Queen Elizabeth II: Prime Minister.

Tony Blair: Good morning, Majesty. Sorry to disturb, but I was just wondering whether you'd seen any of today's papers?

HM Queen Elizabeth II: We've managed to look at one or two, yes.

Tony Blair: In which case my... next question would be whether you felt some kind of response...

[Queen Elizabeth puts Blair on speakerphone]

Tony Blair: ...might be necessary?

HM Queen Elizabeth II: No. I believe a few over-eager editors are doing their best to sell newspapers. It would be a mistake to dance to their tune.

Tony Blair: Under normal circumstances I would agree. But... well, my advisors... have been taking the temperature among people on the streets... and, well, the information I'm getting is that the mood is quite delicate.

HM Queen Elizabeth II: So, what would you suggest, Prime Minister - some kind of a statement?

Tony Blair: No, ma'am. I believe the moment for statements has passed.










}}}}} JOURNAL ARCHIVE: October 2, 2006

10/2/2006 4:56 PM


Along with that memory of the horse causing our tent to leak, I have another memory of camping out with my half-brother and step-brothers. We camped out in a field a long ways from my dad’s house. It was very cold that next morning and it was very painful because my feet were so cold. This memory may represent exercises and operations at the Artic or Antarctic poles, but I think it represents the Sheffield. I think we washed up on the shore of the Falklands and had to walk a long ways to find assistance. I looked up on weather.com and May and June are the coldest months. In my memory of that camping trip, I want to say it was either at one of the poles or it was in the Falklands. I lean towards the latter, because even though I want to say there was snow on the ground, I can’t see any in the image of that memory I see in my mind. I also want to say there was a lot of frost on the ground when were walking back, with me leading the way and the others in single file behind me, but I can’t visualize the frost.

{{{{{



}}}}}JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Saturday, September 03, 2005

Chechaquo

http://www.online-literature.com/short.php/101

But all this--the mysterious, far-reaching hairline trail, the absence of sun from the sky, the tremendous cold, and the strangeness and weirdness of it all--made no impression on the man. It was not because he was long used to it. He was a new-comer in the land, a chechaquo, and this was his first winter. The trouble with him was that he was without imagination. He was quick and alert in the things of life, but only in the things, and not in the significances. Fifty degrees below zero meant eighty odd degrees of frost. Such fact impressed him as being cold and uncomfortable, and that was all. It did not lead him to meditate upon his frailty as a creature of temperature, and upon man's frailty in general, able only to live within certain narrow limits of heat and cold; and from there on it did not lead him to the conjectural field of immortality and man's place in the universe. Fifty degrees below zero stood for a bite of frost that hurt and that must be guarded against by the use of mittens, ear-flaps, warm moccasins, and thick socks. Fifty degrees below zero was to him just precisely fifty degrees below zero. That there should be anything more to it than that was a thought that never entered his head.

{{{{{










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/To_Build_a_Fire

To Build a Fire

"To Build a Fire" is a short story by American author Jack London. The famous version of this story was published in 1908.










http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=38784&st=&st1=

Ronald Reagan

XL President of the United States: 1981 - 1989

Remarks Announcing the Establishment of the Blue Ribbon Commission on Defense Management

June 17, 1985

Ladies and gentlemen, during the past 4 years we have made great progress in rebuilding our national defense and in confronting the challenge of effective defense management. Credit rightly goes to our civilian defense leadership, particularly Defense Secretary Caspar Weinberger. It also goes to our men and women in uniform and to the American people for their support in our efforts.

We've accomplished a great deal, and we have much to be proud of, but there's still a great deal left to do. When our administration began its activities, the problem of defense management we knew would be demanding and difficult, almost as difficult as I had getting that sentence out. [Laughter] There were various barriers to efficient management, including legislative barriers, that stubbornly defied our efforts to remove them. And that's why I appointed an individual with unmatched management credentials when I appointed Cap Weinberger. And while overseeing our much-needed buildup of our defensive strength, Cap has done a tremendous job at ferreting out waste and fraud. That's one of the reasons why you hear about it in the news.

But a public misconception has developed from all of this, a misconception born, at least in part, of a drumbeat of propaganda and demagoguery that denies the real accomplishment of these last 4 years. The situation reminds me of the old saying, "Don't clean the skeletons out of the closet. They'll accuse you of murder."










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1256303/

"Navy NCIS: Naval Criminal Investigative Service"

Collateral Damage (2008)

Original Air Date: 11 November 2008 (Season 6, Episode 7)

Plot: A bank at Quantico is robbed. As the team investigates they find that money may not have been the main objective. They must determine what the robbers were really after. Gibbs is asked to evaluate a new agent by the Director.

Rey Valentin ... Dwayne Wilson



http://www.tv.com/ncis/collateral-damage/episode/1235871/trivia.html

NCIS

Season 6, Episode 7

Collateral Damage

Air Date

Tuesday November 11, 2008

Quotes

Tony: So why an NCIS agent?

Wilson: To protect and serve my country.

(Tony laughs)

Tony: Come on. Dwayne, I'm trained in the art of extracting the truth. You can't snow me.

Wilson: I can't?

Tony: No. You can't.










http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/avenue

avenue

a suburban, usually tree-lined residential street.










http://www.cswap.com/2005/Batman_Begins/cap/en/2_Parts/a/00_46

Batman Begins


:46:45
It's Wayne Enterprises, Mr. Earle.
I'm sure they'll call back.

:46:48
Bruce? You're supposed to be dead.

:46:50
I'm sorry to disappoint.

:46:52
-I need you to take a look at this.
-Have you seen him yet?

:46:55
-Who?
-Wayne.

:46:57
It's been all over the news.
He's back.










2006 film "Superman Returns" DVD movie:

01:38:04


THE WALL COMES DOWN!!


WHERE HAS HE GONE?










http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0436697/quotes

Memorable quotes for

The Queen (2006)


Alastair Campbell: They, er, sent a copy of the Queen's speech. Might want to scrape the frost off it first... Oh, I phoned them with a couple of suggestions, to make it sound like it came from a human being.

Tony Blair: Yeah, all right, Alastair.

Alastair Campbell: Well, at least the old bat's finally agreed to visit Diana's coffin.

Tony Blair: You know, when you get it wrong, you really get it wrong! That woman has given her whole life in service to her people. Fifty years doing a job SHE never wanted! A job she watched kill her father. She's executed it with honor, dignity, and, as far as I can tell, without a single blemish, and now we're all baying for her blood! All because she's struggling to lead the world in mourning for someone who... who threw everything she offered back in her face. And who, for the last few years, seemed committed 24/7 to destroying everything she holds most dear!










}}}}} JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Thursday, May 25, 2006 3:11:36 PM

Subject: Journal May 25, 2006


I'm feeling more comfortable, confident even, that this stuff I am remembering is true. There is still something I am missing though. I suspect that it is something I have to figure out, to remember, to recognize, on my own. It is something I will know when I see. For a while, sometime ago, I was thinking to myself something about how this wasn't over til "the bat lady sings," but I don't know what that means precisely, other than a variation of the well-known phrase. I feel the answer is somewhere in my memory, if I could just grasp it. I felt like I almost remembered something last night, something I wrote more about in my notes, but not sure if I will put it in here. I can't remember that thought now, but it was some kind of family choice, and that half-remembered choice was reflected in something later, but I can't remember.

{{{{{










http://www.cswap.com/1994/Star_Trek:_Generations/cap/en/25fps/a/00_29

Star Trek: Generations


:29:50
Gentlemen. Something new
from Frocas Three.

:30:01
What?

:30:03
This beverage has produced
an emotional response.

:30:07
- What are you feeling?
- I am uncertain.

:30:12
I've had little experience with emotion
and can't articulate the sensation.

:30:18
- Emotion?
- I'll explain later.

:30:25
- It looks like he hates it.
- Yes, that is it.

:30:31
- I hate this.
- Data, I think the chip is working.

:30:38
- I hate this. It is revolting.










}}}}} JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Wed, March 22, 2006 6:08:18 PM

Subject: IT STILL GODDAMNED CONTINUES!!!!!!!!!!


l;kg;kljf';ljk';lsd.,/mcx.,mgh vm,. ml';b r'
s;kn
pasegfokgn;.,hl,/jk.lghortoytonolyo0-349-f9-jyh,l7,l; l;mkfvw',[l,jh.n f'ptiyme
o5yw[m[igh[ptyoijum569-]\2t]-sd
''k;op
fglsditjjl'knd;mll;tjiiruie849pwe9yr-9zeh
[kseth l';sdfh'l;,su';pisfug;mierayspionuarew'ponrsz
[pomidyj;ijmngduinh

{{{{{










[ Microsoft-Corbis the International Terrorist Organization against the United States federal government actively instigates insurrection and subversive activity against the United States federal government with all Microsoft-Corbis staff partners employees contractors lawyers managers of any capacity as severely treasonous political and criminal accomplices and that are active unlawful obstructions, combinations, or assemblages, or rebellion against the authority of the United States that actively make it impracticable to enforce the laws of the United States in the United States and in the Severely Treasonous and Criminally Rebellious State of Washington by the ordinary course of judicial proceedings ]


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Blair

Tony Blair

Anthony Charles Lynton Blair (born 6 May 1953) is a British Labour politician who served as the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom from 2 May 1997 to 27 June 2007. He had been the Member of Parliament for Sedgefield from 1983 to 2007 and Leader of the Labour Party from 1994 to 2007; he resigned from all these positions in June 2007.

Tony Blair was elected Leader of the Labour Party in the leadership election of July 1994, following the sudden death of his predecessor, John Smith.


[ Microsoft-Corbis the International Terrorist Organization against the United States federal government actively instigates insurrection and subversive activity against the United States federal government with all Microsoft-Corbis staff partners employees contractors lawyers managers of any capacity as severely treasonous political and criminal accomplices and that are active unlawful obstructions, combinations, or assemblages, or rebellion against the authority of the United States that actively make it impracticable to enforce the laws of the United States in the United States and in the Severely Treasonous and Criminally Rebellious State of Washington by the ordinary course of judicial proceedings ]










http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0436697/quotes

Memorable quotes for

The Queen (2006)


Tony Blair: Will someone please save these people from themselves!










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0289043/taglines

Taglines for

28 Days Later... (2002)


His fear began when he woke up alone. His terror began when he realised he wasn't.










http://www.cswap.com/2000/Gladiator/cap/en/2_Parts/a/00_06

Gladiator


:06:20
Three weeks from now,
I will be harvesting my crops.

:06:24
Imagine where you will be,
and it will be so.

:06:29
Hold the line!
Stay with me!

:06:33
If you find yourself alone...

:06:35
riding in green fields
with the sun on your face...

:06:39
do not be troubled.

:06:42
For you are in Elysium,
and you're already dead!

:06:48
Brothers...

:06:51
what we do in life...

:06:53
echoes in eternity.










http://www.cswap.com/2002/Signs/cap/en/25fps/a/00_46


:46:37
There's a theory about
the c... the crop circles.

:46:40
They could be some kind of...

:46:43
some kind of landmark,

:46:46
visual mapping system
so they could navigate,

:46:49
coordinate...










http://www.cswap.com/2002/Signs/cap/en/25fps/a/00_32

Signs


:32:00
No, Dad!

:32:01
Don't do it!

:32:02
You'll lose the signal.

:32:05
Don't let go.

:32:09
It gets clearer
the higher you hold it.

:32:15
I got it.

:32:19
Bo, honey, I don't want
you climbing on the car.

:32:22
Come here.

:32:36
Stop!

:32:39
There's two of them talking.










http://www.tv.com/the-simpsons/homers-paternity-coot/episode/530755/trivia.html

tv.com

The Simpsons

Season 17, Episode 10

Homer's Paternity Coot

Air Date

Sunday January 8, 2006

Quotes

Homer: So this guy might be my real father. And his name starts with M… Moleman? Mr. Burns? (gasps) M. Night Shyamalan? That would be a twist worthy of his increasingly lousy films!





http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111280/quotes

Memorable quotes for

Star Trek: Generations (1994)


Scotty: Finding retirement a little lonely, are we?

Kirk: You know, I'm glad you're an engineer. With tact like that, you'd make a lousy psychiatrist.





}}}}} JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Thu, April 6, 2006 2:45:44 PM

Subject: Re: Imaginary friend

I was disappointed I got only an hour of my imaginary girlfriend this morning. The previous 3 days of 4 hours was spoiling me.

Damn I am one bored loser homeless guy.

I literally almost expect someone to stab me in the back with a knife when someone walks behind me on the street. I don't know why that has started bothering me. I feel like my thought processes are still pretty normal, but I do think about a lot of stuff, got nothing else to do.

{{{{{





}}}}} JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Tuesday, February 7, 2006 7:19:09 PM

Subject: Captain's sleep journal. Stardate: Febulousy

Can't remember anything I dreamt of last night. Just a very vague image, no, a memory of seeing an image. I can't remember the image, I just remember that I saw an image. Not sure if that is good or bad. Pretty damn lousy mood though. They keep telling me I going to get to kick the football this time, really, and I keep believing them.

{{{{{










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1349235/quotes

Memorable quotes for

"The Stand"

The Plague (1994)


Nick Andros: I can hear! I can talk!










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0289043/quotes

Memorable quotes for

28 Days Later... (2002)


Jim: And then I wake up today in hospital. I wake up, and I'm... I'm hallucinating or I'm...

Mark: What's your name?

Jim: Jim.

Mark: I'm Mark. This is Selena. OK, Jim. I've got some bad news.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0289043/taglines

Taglines for

28 Days Later... (2002)



Day 1: Exposure - Day 3: Infection - Day 8: Epidemic - Day 15: Evacuation - Day 20: Devastation










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0289043/taglines

Taglines for

28 Days Later... (2002)


The Days Are Numbered