Friday, July 22, 2011

Flying spirit




http://www.time.com/time/pacific/magazine/20010416/starship.html

TIME


TIME PACIFIC

April 16, 2001 | NO. 15

Starship

A floating fortress of warplanes and warriors, America's flagship is a mighty example of big-stick diplomacy

By STEVE WATERSON U.S.S. Constellation, Tasman Sea

A few kilometers out from the carrier, the twin-turboprop grumman c-2a Greyhound banks and dips as it lines up its approach. Two hundred and forty km east of Sydney, a month into its journey from San Diego to the Arabian Gulf, the 17-story-high U.S.S. Constellation is a reassuring sight, a dark mass against the gray expanse of the Tasman Sea. At least that's how it must appear to the pilots. To the cargo plane's rear-facing passengers, lacking windows to orient themselves, the maneuvers are detected by a nervous gyroscope in their stomachs as G-forces, like giant hands, first compress then lift them in their harnesses. The crewmen grin at their civilian visitors' discomfort. "You'll feel a bump as the tailhook catches," shouts Petty Officer Brian Anderson, "and as the aircraft stops you'll sink back into your seats." Rather mild words to describe the impact as the plane decelerates from more than 200km/h to rest in less than two seconds.

To the untutored eye, as the Greyhound's ramp is lowered, the 329-m flight deck of the Constellation ("Connie" to her crew) is a manic ballet of men and aircraft, danced to the scream copter rotors and spinning propellers. The smell of aviation fuel is carried on burning blasts of exhaust; specks of tire rubber sting exposed flesh as incoming fighters are snapped to a standstill by one of the four arrestor cables stretched across the deck.

Nine flights of ladders above, the choreographer of this apparent chaos stands alert but relaxed beside his swivel chair to the port side of the bridge, overlooking the bow catapult launcher, a broad circular wing mirror showing the planes landing behind him. He answers telephones, issues orders and corrections to his officers, all the while sustaining an enthusiastic running commentary for his guests.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 04/04/08 8:02 PM
I had a very lucid dream just before I woke up that I was trying to catch a airline flight to some place. I might have been trying to go home but I cannot remember any details from the dream, other than what I describe that suggest I was going home. Even the one detail that does suggest that I was going home does not really have the kind of emotional attachment to it that I would describe as suggestive of going home. The dream started off with something about a group of Native Americans that I cannot remember enough detail about to articulate, other than I seemed to walk through of group of Native Americans that were walking some place. There are some other details that I also cannot fully articulate but that I can visualize somewhat and it seems I was out fishing in a lake with some relatives and I caught a fish and it seemed to the only one we had caught. Then I heard someone that I could see say to who ever was listening that we should not eat the fish out of that lake.


[ JOURNAL ARCHIVE 4 April 2008 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 03/30/07 3:08 AM
A very detailed dream about being on a Luge course at an Olympic competition. I can remember that I made two timed runs through the course. I can remember very clearly the first part of the course going down a large hill and going very fast. But the weird part is that I was going backwards and that I had to make a 90-degree turn about half-way through the course, which was very tricky. There was a wall there at the turn that I would have hit if I hadn't got it right. I can remember making course adjustment to my sled as I was traveling backwards and approaching the turn that would be to my left as my back was to it and it was a turn that I couldn't even actually see. I can remember that my time was in the range of 13-something, which I guess means the course took me over 13 minutes. I had no idea if that was good enough time to earn a gold medal. Then I was back at the course start I guess to make a third run. But I didn't see any point to it so I went into some kind of nearby building to return my sled. But at that point, my sled was some kind of copper-colored rocket. There were three people in the room and one was


when we lived in that rented house on Dequincy in De Queen.


announcing my name over the PA but she kept getting my middle name wrong. First she called me Kerry Abner Burgess and then she called me Kerry Charlie Burgess, and she was saying something else but I think at the end, she just like the mike open and wasn't saying anything. I was at the start of the Luge course while she was talking and I was configuring my sled but now it included a chair from a kitchen table. It seemed that the chair would drag behind me on ropes. Instead of having the chair with its back flat to the ice while the legs were horizontal to the ice, the back of the chair was vertical to the ice while the legs were horizontal to the ice. Throughtout the dream, I have the indescribable sense of the blue sky, which I can almost visualize and which I could seen parts of the horizon of the sky and their is some indescribable notion connected to that visualization about jet aircraft.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 30 March 2007 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Posted by H.V.O.M at 7:40 PM Saturday, May 28, 2011


Vantage





In the recent hour I started to wonder about the interstate highway number for the town of George in Washington State. Although I have driven an automobile through that area several times in interstate highway I-90 I had no idea what was even the range of numbers for that interstate exit. I started to wonder if the interstate exit number was "13-something."

I looked it up on the map and it is not "13-something" and is instead exit 149. So I started to wonder if there was anything at the "13-something" mileposts and there it was. The interstate highway I-90 exit 136 is for Vantage Washington. This is the point where the Vantage Bridge crosses off the Columbia River. And then when you are driving on the interstate towards the town of George which isn't very far away, you cross the river and then you make an almost ninety turn to the north.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 28 May 2011 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Tuesday, May 9, 2006 6:01:15 PM

Subject: Right


I wonder if this is where that guy painting the picture was standing?

http://local.live.com/?v=2&sp=aN.47.619681_-122.348911


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 9 May 2006 excerpt ends]





http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=h&layer=tc&cbll=47.619176,-122.348985&panoid=-lfueBIXwUv3LKH8_yDIyw&cbp=12,354.84278861856137,,2,3.587035306919222&ll=47.619407,-122.349037&spn=0,359.99794&z=20

156 4th Ave N, Seattle, WA, United States





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: ----- Original Message ----

From: Kerry Burgess

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Wednesday, May 10, 2006 2:45:01 PM

Subject: Re: Finally


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 10 May 2006 excerpt ends]



JOURNAL ARCHIVE: ----- Original Message ----

From: Kerry Burgess

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Wednesday, May 10, 2006 2:45:01 PM

Subject: Re: Finally


the worst time is seeing the plane flying over and waiting..........


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 10 May 2006 excerpt ends]










http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/eagles/lifeinthefastlane.html

EAGLES LYRICS

"Life In The Fast Lane"


He was a hard-headed man
He was brutally handsome, and she was terminally pretty
She held him up, and he held her for ransom in the heart
of the cold, cold city
He had a nasty reputation as a cruel dude
They said he was ruthless, they said he was crude
They had one thing in common, they were
good in bed
She'd say, 'Faster, faster. The lights are turnin' red."
Life in the fast lane
Surely make you lose your mind, mm
Are you with me so far?

Eager for action and hot for the game
The coming attraction, the drop of a name
They knew all the right people, they took
all the right pills
They threw outrageous parties, they paid heavenly bills
There were lines on the mirror, lines on her face
She pretended not to notice, she was caught up
in the race

Out every evening, until it was light
He was too tired to make it, she was too tired
to fight about it

Life in the fast lane
Surely make you lose your mind
Life in the fast lane, everything all the time
Life in the fast lane, uh huh
Blowin' and burnin', blinded by thirst
They didn't see the stop sign,
took a turn for the worse

She said, "Listen, baby. You can hear the engine
ring. We've been up and down this highway;
haven't seen a goddam thing."
He said, "Call the doctor. I think I'm gonna crash."
"The doctor say he's comin', but you gotta pay him cash."
They went rushin' down that freeway,
messed around and got lost
They didn't care they were just dyin' to get off
And it was life in the fast lane
Life in the fast lane










[ Bill Gates-Microsoft-Corbis-Nazi the cowardly International Terrorist Organization violently against the United States of America federal government actively instigate insurrection and subversive activity against the United States of America federal government with all Bill Gates-Microsoft-Corbis-Nazi staff partners contributors employees contractors lawyers managers of any capacity as severely treasonous criminal accomplices and that are active unlawful obstructions, combinations, or assemblages, or rebellion against the authority of the United States that actively make it impracticable to enforce the laws of the United States in the United States and in the Severely Treasonous and Criminally Rebellious State of Washington by the ordinary course of judicial proceedings ]


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096487/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

Young Guns (1988)


Charley Bowdre: Hey, Chavez, how come they ain't killing us?

"Dirty Steve" Stephens: Because we're in the spirit world, asshole. They can't see us.










From 3/10/1941 ( premiere US film "Flying Wild" ) To 8/10/1988 ( RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 - premiere US film "Young Guns" ) is 17320 days

17320 = 8660 + 8660

From 11/2/1965 ( date hijacked from me:my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 7/19/1989 ( Bill Gates-Microsoft-George Bush murders 111 passengers and crew of United Airlines Flight 232 and destroys the United Airlines Flight 232 aircraft because I was a passenger of United Airlines Flight 232 as United States Navy Petty Officer Second Class Kerry Wayne Burgess and I was assigned to maintain custody of a United States military prisoner ) is 8660 days





http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096487/releaseinfo

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Release dates for

Young Guns (1988)

Country Date

USA 10 August 1988 (Westwood, California) (premiere)










http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0001764/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Quotes for

Maj. Grant (Character)

from Die Hard 2 (1990)

Die Hard 2 (1990)


Grant: You're the wrong guy in the wrong place at the wrong time.

John McClane: Story of my life.










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Airlines_Flight_232

United Airlines Flight 232

United Airlines Flight 232 was a scheduled flight from Stapleton International Airport in Denver, Colorado, to O'Hare International Airport in Chicago, with continuing service to Philadelphia International Airport. On July 19, 1989, the DC-10 (Registration N1819U) operating the route crash-landed in Sioux City, Iowa, after suffering catastrophic failure of its tail-mounted engine, which led to the loss of all flight controls. 111 people died in the accident










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0033613/releaseinfo

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Release dates for

Flying Wild (1941)

Country Date

USA 10 March 1941



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0033613

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Flying Wild (1941)


A group of young men who work at an aviation factory begin to suspect that a doctor who runs an air ambulance service is secretly a spy transporting secret information from the plant to enemy agents.


Release Date: 10 March 1941 (USA)










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0033613/taglines

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Taglines for

Flying Wild (1941)


KID GANG WAR DECLARED ON FLYING SABOTEURS! Enemy spies try plane sabotage...but touch off the wrong flame when these kids get burned up for being fall guys...and turn on a little heat of their own!










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0033613/taglines

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Taglines for

Flying Wild (1941)


THEY'VE GONE 'Aero-Nuts'! First they slug the enemy agent pilot of their plane...and then worry how to pull it out of a tailspin!










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0372784/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

Batman Begins (2005)


Carmine Falcone: You're taller than you look in the tabloids, Mr. Wayne.

[one of Falcone's attendant bodyguards gives Bruce a rough going-over to check for weapons but comes up with nothing]

Carmine Falcone: No gun? I'm insulted! You could have just sent a thank-you note.

Bruce Wayne: I didn't come here to thank you. I came here to show you that not everyone in Gotham's afraid of you.

Carmine Falcone: Only those who know me, kid. Look around you: you'll see two councilmen, a union official, a couple off-duty cops, and a judge.

[points a gun at Bruce]

Carmine Falcone: Now, I wouldn't have a second's hesitation of blowing your head off right here and right now in front of 'em. Now, that's power you can't buy! That's the power of fear.

Bruce Wayne: I'm not afraid of you.

Carmine Falcone: Because you think you got nothing to lose. But you haven't thought it through. You haven't thought about your lady-friend down at the D.A.'s office. You haven't thought about your old butler. Bang!

[Falcone pulls the trigger, but the hammer falls on an empty chamber with a click; he puts the gun away]

Carmine Falcone: People from your world have so *much* to lose. Now, you think because your mommy and your daddy got shot, you know about the ugly side of life, but you don't. You've never tasted desperate. You're, uh, you're Bruce Wayne, the Prince of Gotham; you'd have to go a thousand miles to meet someone who didn't know your name. So, don't-don't come down here with your anger, trying to prove something to yourself. This is a world you'll never understand. And you always fear what you don't understand. Alright.

[Falcone gives his bodyguards a signal to remove Bruce; they take hold of him, and he struggles against their grip]

Carmine Falcone: Yeah, you got spirit, kid. I'll give you that.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100994/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

Young Guns II (1990)


William H. Bonney: Yoohoo. I'll make you famous!