Tuesday, May 22, 2012

You got it backwards, brother.




I decided to watch again this early morning the DVD for the 1973 film "Soylent Green."

There is an irony about the people who will survive and only at the very last of the content I have thought about writing here did I decide to include this paragraph. I thought of this line of thought, as referenced in this paragraph several days ago and then didn't think more about it since. Sure, we survivors can tell ourselves, sitting around snugly in our warm sweaters, beautifully feeling glad we will never again need firearms, we are gods. But we think about what being "gods" really means. We weren't gods on the planet Earth. If we were gods then we would have succeeded.

I think this is the second time I have watched the DVD for the 1973 film "Soylent Green" although I'm not really certain. I know without looking it up in my journal that the first time I watched the DVD I referenced it in my blog that I had watched it for the first time. I thought of a lot of things as I watch it again tonight and among those is that it is kind of boring to watch again. I think of how "Charles" reminds me in physical appearance to my uncle back in the timeframe of that film. My memory of my uncle is nothing similar to that character "Charles" but the facial appearance, which probably also probably would not hold up to scrutiny of the actor compared to the person I knew, does still, regardless, make me think of my uncle from back in those days. When was that last time I saw him? Ah, yes, 1999. Funny. I can still visualize his newest wife in 1999 when we were in Antlers Oklahoma but I can't actually visualize him. I remember talking to his son the forest ranger who was a mathematics graduate.

My first thought was about that 1991 film "Terminator 2." The way I remember it, I was talking with him on the telephone, but perhaps in person, and he was asking me if robbing an automatic teller machine was possible, as referenced to that film. I remember that because, according to my memory, in March 1990 I started working at a job for a company that had a technical services contract with a bank named First Federal in Greenville South Carolina and one of primary functions was providing technical support for the automatic teller machines. There was weekly meetings were people reviewed the status of the computer systems, including the ATMs, and the operational status of the machines was measured in terms such as 99.995%. I remember that because there was dialog about how that translated into real numbers.

I didn't discover any new information that instigated this posting. I didn't check any dates and then decide to make this post. I didn't compute some new numbers that associates "Soylent Green" with my theories of my personal travel backwards in time. Maybe there are associations. I don't know at this time. I usually make this kind of report because I did discover information that is consistent with my personal activites traveling backwards through time. I just decided there is a common thread to all the information and I decided to make this observation. People with reasons generated that information in "Soylent Green." People with reasons.

Oh, yeah, and another thing. The title I choose for my postings are not usually decided in relation to the content of my posting. What does that mean? I don't create this content in a linear fashion. And by "linear fashion" I mean that means a line-by-line basis. You read one line and that follows to another line. I don't create the content line by line. I start off somewhere in the midst of the content and then I add content after that point and then I add content before that point and I keep do that and it is probably random the way I create the content for most of these postings.

Why does that matter??? I DON'T KNOW!!!!! WHO CARES!!!!










http://www.online-literature.com/crane/redbadge


THE LITERATURE NETWORK


Stephen Crane


The Red Badge of Courage


http://www.online-literature.com/crane/redbadge/10/


THE LITERATURE NETWORK


Literature Network » Stephen Crane » The Red Badge of Courage » Chapter 10


The simple questions of the tattered man had been knife thrusts to him. They asserted a society that probes pitilessly at secrets until all is apparent. His late companion's chance persistency made him feel that he could not keep his crime concealed in his bosom. It was sure to be brought plain by one of those arrows which cloud the air and are constantly pricking, discovering, proclaiming those things which are willed to be forever hidden. He admitted that he could not defend himself against this agency. It was not within the power of vigilance.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Friday, February 3, 2006 6:56:36 PM

Subject: Nice talking with you in the morning


http://q13.trb.com/news/kcpq-bio-lilyj,0,3625909.htmlstory?coll=kcpq-newsstaff-1

I think I am in love with Lily Jang. It seems crazy to even write that, with all things considered, but, well, what isn't crazy right now?


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 3 February 2006 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Friday, February 3, 2006 5:05:57 PM

Subject: You looking at me, punk?

I'm back online and I still hate you spying bastards.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 3 February 2006 excerpt ends]










[ Bill Gates-Microsoft-Corbis-Nazi the cowardly International Terrorist Organization violently against the United States of America actively instigate insurrection and subversive activity against the United States of America with all Bill Gates-Microsoft-Corbis-Nazi staff partners contributors employees contractors lawyers managers of any capacity as severely treasonous criminal accomplices and that are active unlawful obstructions, combinations, or assemblages, or rebellion against the authority of the United States that actively make it impracticable to enforce the laws of the United States in the United States and in the Severely Treasonous and Criminally Rebellious State of Washington by the ordinary course of judicial proceedings ]


http://www.twiztv.com/scripts/battlestar

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA [ RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 ]


http://www.twiztv.com/scripts/battlestar/season2/galactica-215.htm

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

2X15 - SCAR

Original Airdate (SciFi): 03/FEB/2006


BB: Who's Scar?

Duck: Not who. What. Toaster's top gun. Deadliest raider in the cylon fleet.

Jo Jo: Gimme break. Come on they're machines. one's the same as the next.

Yeah, that's what we thought till Captain thrace cut the brain out of one.

Hotdog: Scar's the best they got. Lotta pilots die going after that bastard.

BB: Why do they call him Scar?

Kat: You'll find out soon enough. He's got a taste for nuggets. Easy pickings.










http://www.twiztv.com/scripts/battlestar

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA [ RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 ]


http://www.twiztv.com/scripts/battlestar/season2/galactica-215.htm

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

2X15 - SCAR

Original Airdate (SciFi): 03/FEB/2006


Starbuck: Alll right, Scar, let's see how much you like playing chicken when you can't download, you bitch. How's it feel, you bastard? one of us is gonna have to break away first and it isn't gonna be me!










http://www.twiztv.com/scripts/battlestar

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA [ RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 ]


http://www.twiztv.com/scripts/battlestar/season2/galactica-215.htm

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

2X15 - SCAR

Original Airdate (SciFi): 03/FEB/2006


Galactica - Brig

Boomer: This guy's probably died and been reborn a dozen times. You may have faced him before.

Starbuck: So what, raiders reincarnate? Just like you?

Boomer: Yeah, just like me.

Starbuck: Great. What a frakkin' world.

Boomer: A raider's much like a trained animal, with the basic consciousness and survival instinct. But with the destruction of the resurrection ship, when they die, they're really dead. So, they're not gonna mount mass attacks where they could have major casualties.

Starbuck: Raiders reincarnate?

Boomer: Makes sense, doesn't it? It takes months for you to train a nugget into an effective viper pilot. And then they get killed. And their experience, their knowledge, their skill sets. They're all lost forever. So, if you could bring 'em back and put 'em in a brand new body, wouldn't you do it? 'Cause death then becomes a learning experience. How, uh-- how many pilots have we lost? I mean, have you lost?

Starbuck: You know, there are times when I look at you and I forget what you are. All I see is that kid that pooched her landings day after day. The kid that was frakkin' the chief and thinking she was getting away with it.

Boomer: Yeah, I remember. [Crying] You were like a big sister to--

Boomer reaches out to touch Starbuck on the leg. The marines promptly cock and raise their rifles to stop her.

Boomer: Kara, um-- be careful of Scar, okay? He's filled with rage.

Starbuck: About what?

Boomer: Dying's a painful and traumatic experience. Every time he's reborn, he's filled with more bitter memories. Scar hates you every bit as much as you hate him.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0054387/releaseinfo

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Release dates for

The Time Machine (1960)

Country Date

USA 17 August 1960





http://www.script-o-rama.com/movie_scripts/t/time-machine-script-transcript-wells.html


The Time Machine


Another night was coming, but
this night no Eloi needed to fear.
The underworld of the Morlocks
was gone...
...and so was the life of leisure
for the Eloi.
But then what of me?
I was imprisoned in a world...
...in which Ijust did not belong.
Are you sorry?
- Sorry? Sorry for what?
- That you have to stay?
Yes.
I could tell so much
to the people of my time.
I'd let them know...
...about the sorrow and happiness
that the future holds.
Maybe they could learn from it.
Or could they?





https://www.cia.gov/library/center-for-the-study-of-intelligence/csi-publications/books-and-monographs/the-cia-and-the-u-2-program-1954-1974/u2.pdf


The CIA and the U-2 Program, 1954-1974


History Staff

Center for the Study

of Intelligence

Central Intelligence Agency


Chapter 4


183


THE FATE OF FRANCIS GARY POWERS


Downed U-2 pilot Francis Gary Powers underwent extensive interrogation at the hands of the Soviets. His instructions from the CIA on what to do in event of capture were meager, and he had been told that he might as well tell the Soviets whatever they wanted to know because they could get the information from his aircraft anyway Nevertheless, Powers tried to conceal as much classified information as possible while giving the appearance of cooperating with his captors. To extract the maximum propaganda value from the U-2 Affair, the Soviets prepared an elaborate show trial for Powers, which began on 17 August 1960 Powers continued to conceal as much information as possible










http://www.script-o-rama.com/movie_scripts/s/soylent-green-script-transcript-heston.html


Soylent Green


Mommy! Mommy!
- Hey. Sister. - Mommy!
Mommy! Mommy!
- Where's the priest?










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0759572/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

"Heroes"

Chapter One 'Genesis' (2006)


Peter Petrelli: It happened two more times. Look, sometimes I'm falling, sometimes I'm flying - sometimes you're in them!

Nathan Petrelli: I don't have time for this now.

Peter Petrelli: They're not just dreams, Nathan.

Nathan Petrelli: Hold this.

Peter Petrelli: I thought they'd go away, but they're not!

Nathan Petrelli: Jim, I need this back by six, please. Thanks.

Peter Petrelli: This morning, when I got out of bed, my foot hovered before it hit the ground - hovered!

Nathan Petrelli: [to assistant] Let me see the list.

Peter Petrelli: For a split second, like I was - like I was floating! I'm telling you, I-I think I can fly!

Nathan Petrelli: [hands clipboard to assistant] These all undecideds?

[to Peter]

Nathan Petrelli: Tell you what, you think you can fly? Why don't you jump off the Brooklyn Bridge, see what happens.

Peter Petrelli: Maybe, I ought to start with something a little lower, first, just like learning to walk.

Nathan Petrelli: You're serious?

Peter Petrelli: Oh, I'm serious.

Nathan Petrelli: You need to snap out of it, Peter. See a doctor, get some drugs, but do not pull a Roger Clinton on me, man. I'm eight points down in the polls!










http://www.script-o-rama.com/movie_scripts/s/soylent-green-script-transcript-heston.html


Soylent Green


Mommy! Mommy!
- Hey. Sister. - Mommy!
Mommy! Mommy!
- Where's the priest? - I think you'll find him over there.
Thorn. Father. th Precinct.
My name is Paul.
Have I done something?
No. I'm investigating the murder of Mr. William Simonson.
- Who do you say? - Simonson.
Quite an important man. A rich man.
I have no recollection.
- You talked to him. - Did I?
No doubt about it.
A rich man.
Yes. I remember.
We don't see rich people here anymore.
There isn't even enough room for the poor.
There's just too many.
Far too many.
- Fa... - My memory's eroded.
Chiefly. I assign space to people who need space.
Do you need some space?
I need to know what he said to you.
- Are you sure he's dead? - Yes.
- Really dead? - He's dead.
- What did he talk to you about? - Come back tomorrow. I'm very tired now.
Father.
Father. Did you hear his confession?
There should be a requiem mass. But there's no room.
- Should I make room? - This is very important.
I can't help you.
Forgive me. It's destroying me.
- What is? - The truth.
The truth Simonson told you?
- All truth. - What is it?
What did he confess?
Sweet Jesus.





- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 05:16 AM Pacific Time USA Tuesday 22 May 2012