Monday, March 23, 2015

White Tree




http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=12-monkeys-2015&episode=s01e09

Springfield! Springfield!


12 Monkeys

Tomorrow


The Red Forest, did you find it? I don't Oh, no, no, you don't you don't know yet.










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/movie_script.php?movie=contact

Springfield! Springfield!


Contact (1997)


From as long as I can remember,
I've been searching for...
...something...
...some reason why we're here.
What are we doing
here? Who are we?
If this is a chance to find out
even a part of that answer...
I don't know, I think
it's worth a human life.
Don't you?
You're an incredibly
brave woman, Ellie.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: - posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 5:26 PM Pacific Time Seattle USA Monday 25 March 2013 - http://hvom.blogspot.com/2013/03/a-prescient-sleeping-dream-about.html


A prescient sleeping dream about a rebroadcast.



Last night I was trying to think about what purpose that would serve in the first place.

If I was going to use some kind of super-power to predict what I would see on television later that day then what is the point of that?

But that makes perfect sense. That perfect sense becomes even more perfect when I consider that was a rebroadcast of an episode I had never watched before. I wasn't even aware of it. I think they had a new episode last week but I didn't watch that one either.

So I found myself thinking about how much effort I put into trying to prove my dreams about NCIS episodes are prescient and then yesterday it strikes me that there was no way they could have adapted that episode to the posting I made earlier in the day.

I mean, come on. If they had changed it then thousands and thousands of puerile "The Simpsons" dongles would be burning up the internet with "The Worst Rebroadcast Ever" blog postings today. The internet would have crashed from their infantile rants.

So Fox could have scheduled predictably the date for that rebroadcast but that doesn't explain that powerful sleeping dream I had.

I looked it up. That sap-bearing tree in my sleeping dream was the bald cypress. I recognized the base of the tree. I don't recall ever before in real life cutting the wood of the Taxodium distichum but presumably that bald cypress tree is similar to the conifer pine tree in terms of the sap from its wood. You cut branches off and sticky sap oozes from the surface.

I can time-travel forward in time all I want to, I started thinking last night. My current state does not preclude forward time-travel. I just can't go backwards yet in time until certain conditions have been met. But I can go forward. I can go forward all I want to. Then I come back and I tell certain people what I saw. That causes me to know what I know. The people who I tell what I know about the future are *not* the same people who are telling me now what I will tell them in the past which is my future.





http://my.excite.com/tv/prog.jsp?id=EP000186930549&sid=10387&sn=KCPQ&st=201303242000&cn=13


excite tv


The Simpsons (Repeat)

13 KCPQ: Sunday, March 24 8:00 PM [ Sunday 24 March 2013 ]

Sitcom, Animated

A Tree Grows in Springfield

To cheer Homer up, Lisa tries to win a MyPad for him; Ned finds a tree in the Simpsons' backyard with the word ``hope'' spelled out in the bark.


Original Air Date: Nov 25, 2012










http://www.cswap.com/1997/Contact/cap/en/2_Parts/b/00_41

Contact


:41:27
I'm okay to go.

:41:31
I'm okay to go.

:41:33
Initiate drop sequence.

:41:37
On my mark.

:41:40
10...

:41:41
...9...

:41:43
...8...

:41:46
...7...

:41:47
...6...

:41:49
...5...

:41:50
...4...

:41:51
...3...

:41:53
...2...

:41:54
I'm okay to go.

:41:59
Oh, God!

:42:10
Ellie to Control.

:42:12
Ellie to Control,
do you read me!

:42:19
Ellie to Control,
do you read me!

:42:27
I'll try...

:42:29
...to keep recording!

:42:31
I'm going through...

:42:33
...some kind of a tunnel!

:42:50
There's a light source ahead!

:42:52
Brilliant...

:42:53
...blue-white.

:42:56
Residual radiation?

:43:09
It's a star.

:43:10
I must have...

:43:12
...gone through a wormhole.

:43:19
It's Vega!

:43:31
I'm in another wormhole now!

:43:36
I had no idea!

:43:37
A series of them!

:43:41
They're alive.

:43:43
It's like...

:43:44
...some kind of a transit system.

:43:48
A subway!

:43:49
Oh, God!

:43:56
I have to keep talking.

:44:01
It's a triple...

:44:02
...no, a quadruple system.

:44:05
Beautiful!

:44:09
They're alive!

:44:18
Another wormhole!

:44:20
This one's much more violent!

:45:52
Some...

:45:54
...celestial event....

:45:57
No!

:45:59
No words!

:46:01
No words...

:46:04
...to describe it!

:46:08
Poetry!

:46:10
They should have sent...

:46:13
...a poet.





http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118884/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

Contact (1997)


Ellie Arroway: [Witnessing a celestial light show up close] Some celestial event. No - no words. No words to describe it. Poetry! They should've sent a poet.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 25 March 2013 excerpt ends]










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/movie_script.php?movie=the-day-the-earth-stood-still-2008

Springfield! Springfield!


The Day The Earth Stood Still (2008)


You could stop this, couldn't you?
If you wanted to.
I tried to reason with you.
I tried to speak with your leaders.
Those aren't our leaders.










http://www.snpp.com/episodes/4F02.html

Treehouse of Horror VII [ The Simpsons ]

Original airdate in U.S.: 27-Oct-96


Next is Bill Clinton, who they pull through the roof of the White House, still in bed.

Wha-wha-wha what's happening? Is it noon already?










http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=57240

The American Presidency Project

William J. Clinton [ RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 ]

XLII President of the United States: 1993 - 2001

Remarks on Arrival in Hope, Arkansas

March 12, 1999

I must say, I did not expect to see you here when I heard it was cold and rainy, and I am very grateful to you for coming. I want to thank all the Federal and State and local officials who came out to say hello to me there at the airport.

I'm delighted to be here. I want to just get out and shake hands with all of you and say again how very much I appreciate you coming out. I hope none of the kids get sick standing in this rain, and I hope it's something that when you dry off will always be a good memory for you.

I'd like to say just briefly to all the children that are here, you know, I'm coming home because we're going to dedicate the house that I lived in for the first 4 years of my life. And a lot of what I learned that was good, that I took with me for the rest of my life, I learned back then.










http://www.tv.com/shows/the-simpsons/sweet-seymour-skinners-baadasssss-song-1385/trivia/

tv.com


The Simpsons Season 5 Episode 19

Sweet Seymour Skinner's Baadasssss Song

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Apr 28, 1994 on FOX

Quotes


(After watching the clips of the home video)

Bart: Ha ha ha ha. They're going to eat this up at show and tell.

Marge: I'm not sure if I'm comfortable with the idea of your classmates laughing at our family's private moments. How would you like it if 20 years from now people were laughing at things you did?

Bart: Not likely. Come on, have a sense of humor about yourself. (Watches the clip of himself on the toilet saying "I'm a big boy today," then Lisa laughs) Uhhhh… I gotta find somethin' else quick.










From 5/12/1991 ( I was the winning race driver at the Formula One Monaco Grand Prix ) To 3/12/1999 ( RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 - Bill Clinton - Remarks at the Dedication Ceremony for the Clinton Birthplace in Hope ) is 2861 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 9/2/1973 ( J.R.R. Tolkien deceased ) is 2861 days



From 3/28/1941 ( Virginia Woolf deceased ) To 3/12/1999 ( RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 - Bill Clinton - Remarks at the Dedication Ceremony for the Clinton Birthplace in Hope ) is 21168 days

21168 = 10584 + 10584

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 10/25/1994 ( Susan Smith kills her two children and dumps them in her car in the John D. Long Lake near Union South Carolina ) is 10584 days



From 9/12/1959 ( premiere US TV series "The Deputy" ) To 1/19/1993 ( in Asheville North Carolina as Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess I was seriously wounded by gunfire when I returned fatal gunfire to a fugitive from United States federal justice who was another criminal sent by Bill Gates-Nazi-Microsoft-George Bush the cowardly violent criminal in another attempt to kill me the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) is 12183 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 3/12/1999 ( RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 - Bill Clinton - Remarks at the Dedication Ceremony for the Clinton Birthplace in Hope ) is 12183 days



From 3/23/1912 ( Wernher von Braun ) To 12/8/1978 ( premiere US film "The Deer Hunter" ) is 24366 days

24366 = 12183 + 12183

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 3/12/1999 ( RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 - Bill Clinton - Remarks at the Dedication Ceremony for the Clinton Birthplace in Hope ) is 12183 days



From 12/8/1978 ( premiere US film "The Deer Hunter" ) To 3/12/1999 ( RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 - Bill Clinton - Remarks at the Dedication Ceremony for the Clinton Birthplace in Hope ) is 7399 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 2/4/1986 ( premiere US TV series episode "Frontline"::"Growing Up Poor" ) is 7399 days



From 12/20/1994 ( in Bosnia as Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps captain this day is my United States Navy Cross medal date of record ) To 3/12/1999 ( RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 - Bill Clinton - Remarks at the Dedication Ceremony for the Clinton Birthplace in Hope ) is 1543 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 1/23/1970 ( premiere US film "Bloodthirsty Butchers" ) is 1543 days



From 8/17/1943 ( Robert De Niro ) To 12/24/1976 ( premiere US film "The Town That Dreaded Sundown" ) is 12183 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 3/12/1999 ( RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 - Bill Clinton - Remarks at the Dedication Ceremony for the Clinton Birthplace in Hope ) is 12183 days



From 3/16/1991 ( date hijacked from me:my first successful major test of my ultraspace matter transportation device as Kerry Wayne Burgess the successful Ph.D. graduate Columbia South Carolina ) To 3/12/1999 ( RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 - Bill Clinton - Remarks at the Dedication Ceremony for the Clinton Birthplace in Hope ) is 2918 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 10/29/1973 ( premiere US film "The Homecoming" ) is 2918 days



[ See also: http://hvom.blogspot.com/2014/04/always-with-smooth-talk.html ]


http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=57241&st=&st1=

The American Presidency Project

William J. Clinton [ RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 ]

XLII President of the United States: 1993 - 2001

Remarks at the Dedication Ceremony for the Clinton Birthplace in Hope

March 12, 1999

Thank you very much. Thank you, Mr. Mayor. My friend Tilmon Ross, thank you for the prayer. And Joe, thank you for the introduction.

I have to say that I'm here with mixed feelings. This is the coldest March 12th in the last 100 years in Hope, Arkansas. [Laughter] You have totally destroyed the case I have been making for global warming for the last 5 years. [Laughter]

You know, we were out at the airport and the Congressman, the State officials, the judge, the county officials, the city board, everybody came out there, and it was worse there than it is here, believe it or not. It was raining a whole lot harder; the wind was blowing. And there must have been 600 people out there— all those school kids—I'm sure I made a lot of money for the hospitals in the area. [Laughter] There will be people being treated for flu for 3 or 4 weeks after this. But I was very moved. And in a funny way, the rain makes this day more poignant for me.

I'd like to thank the young people who sang from the Hope and Yerger Choirs. I want to thank my good friends who are here from the State Legislature, and Jimmie Lou Fisher, Mark Pryor, and Gus Wingfield and Charlie Daniels, our State officials who came. I don't know if Congressman Dickey is still here—he was at the airport—I thank him. I thank all the people who had anything to do with this, the people on the foundation and those who gave their money and time, those who gave memorabilia and memories.

I'd like to thank all the members of my family who are here. I'd like to say a special word of appreciation because my brother and sister-in-law and my little nephew came all the way from California to be with us today, and they're over there. And I'm glad they're here.

I would like to thank all the people from Arkansas who came down here and who have been a part of my administration, but I have to single out my good friend Mack McLarty. He and Donna Kay came down and, as all of you know, he's been an integral part of every good thing that's happened since I've been President. And I want to thank him and thank them for coming down with me today.

And I'd like to thank—a lot of people from Arkansas came, but I'd like to say a special word of thanks to Bob Nash, because I'm going to Texarkana when I leave here and he's from there. Thank you, Bob. He also has the worst job in the White House, because he supervises my appointments, which means when I appoint somebody I write them a letter and they're happy; and when I disappoint them, which is about a 10:1 ratio, Bob has to tell them. [Laughter]

I want to thank Beckie Moore and Joe Purvis and my longtime friend Rose Crane for all the work they've done and along with the foundation board. The three of them just gave me a tour of the house. I saw the old pictures and the toys and everything, and I'm just stunned by the work that has been done.

There are so many more people I'd like to thank: Brent Thompson—the architects—Stan Jackson; all of you who rescued this old place. Last time I was here before you started working on it was in 1990, and I thought when I walked through the front door it would come down around my ears. And I cannot tell you how moved I am by this.

It's cold and it's windy and it's rainy and I won't keep you long, but I would like to say a few things that I worked on last night and this morning. A poet once wrote, "The accent of one's birthplace lingers in the mind and in the heart, as it does in one's speech." Well, so many accents of Hope linger in my mind and my heart.

We're not far from the site of the old sawmill where my grandfather worked as a night watchman and where, as a little boy, I used to go and spend the night with him, climbing the sawdust pile, and sleep in the back seat of his car. We're just minutes—I just drove by it— from the place on which his little grocery store stood, where I used to look up at the countertop and wish I could reach the jar of Jackson's cookies.

I still remember that my grandfather was the first person who taught me by his example to treat all people, without regard to their race, the same—and also without regard to their income, because he gave food to people without regard to whether they had a dime in their pockets.

We're not far from Miss Mary Purkins' kindergarten where I went with my friends Mack McLarty, Joe Purvis, Vince Foster, George Wright, and maybe some more people who are here today, and where I broke my leg in the first of many major mistakes I was to make in my life, jumping rope in my cowboy boots. [Laughter]

And we're not far from Rose Hill Cemetery, where my beloved mother, my grandparents, and my father, whom I knew only in my dreams and my mother's memory, lie now in eternal rest.

In this house, I learned to walk and talk; I learned to pray; I learned to read; I learned to count from the playing cards my grandparents tacked up on the kitchen windows which are directly behind us now.

Though I was only 4 when I left this place, it still holds very, very vivid memories for me, and I just relived a lot of them walking through the house. I remember we watched the house burn right across the street there, where the trucks are. I remember throwing a pocketknife into the ground in that backyard I shared with my friend Vince Foster. I remember hurrying down the stairs on Christmas morning and dragging my little toys across the living room floor; waiting outside on that sidewalk for my grandmother to walk home from work.

I remember watching the old telephone when it rang, always hoping that it was mother










http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/647786/Virginia-Woolf

Encyclopædia Britannica


Virginia Woolf

British writer

Virginia Woolf, original name in full Adeline Virginia Stephen (born January 25, 1882, London, England—died March 28, 1941, near Rodmell, Sussex)










http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/598643/JRR-Tolkien

Encyclopædia Britannica


J.R.R. Tolkien

English author

J.R.R. Tolkien, in full John Ronald Reuel Tolkien (born January 3, 1892, Bloemfontein, South Africa—died September 2, 1973, Bournemouth, Hampshire, England),










http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=57250

The American Presidency Project

William J. Clinton [ RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 ]

XLII President of the United States: 1993 - 2001

Remarks at a Dinner for Representative Max Sandlin in Texarkana

March 12, 1999


and remember, I'm not running for anything










http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=57250

The American Presidency Project

William J. Clinton [ RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 ]

XLII President of the United States: 1993 - 2001

Remarks at a Dinner for Representative Max Sandlin in Texarkana

March 12, 1999


You know, I wanted to be here tonight for a number of reasons. You know, I came home to Hope today, and we dedicated—we had a formal dedication of my—they call it my birthplace. I was actually born in a hospital, as near as I remember. [Laughter] But I lived there from the time I was born until I was 4 years old.










http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=57250

The American Presidency Project

William J. Clinton [ RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 ]

XLII President of the United States: 1993 - 2001

Remarks at a Dinner for Representative Max Sandlin in Texarkana

March 12, 1999


So now we've got this chance. Why? Because we've got a surplus and because you've got a President who is not running for office and is not afraid to tell you a few things you might not like to hear










http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=57250

The American Presidency Project

William J. Clinton [ RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 ]

XLII President of the United States: 1993 - 2001

Remarks at a Dinner for Representative Max Sandlin in Texarkana

March 12, 1999


civic leadership is important and you'll stay with it. I thank you for everything you've done for me in two races










http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=57250

The American Presidency Project

William J. Clinton [ RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 ]

XLII President of the United States: 1993 - 2001

Remarks at a Dinner for Representative Max Sandlin in Texarkana

March 12, 1999


and remember, I'm not running for anything










http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/how-the-clintons-went-from-dead-broke-to-rich-bill-earned-1049-million-for-speeches/2014/06/26/8fa0b372-fd3a-11e3-8176-f2c941cf35f1_story.html

The Washington Post


How the Clintons went from ‘dead broke’ to rich: Bill earned $104.9 million for speeches

By Philip Rucker, Tom Hamburger and Alexander Becker June 26, 2014

Over seven frenetic days, Bill Clinton addressed corporate executives in Switzerland and Denmark, an investors’ group in Sweden and a cluster of business and political leaders in Austria. The former president wrapped up his European trip in the triumphant Spanish Hall at Prague Castle, where he shared his thoughts on energy to a Czech business summit.

His pay: $1.4 million.

That lucrative week in May 2012 offers a glimpse into the way Clinton has leveraged his global popularity into a personal fortune. Starting just two weeks after exiting the Oval Office, Clinton has delivered hundreds of paid speeches, lifting a family that was “dead broke,” as wife Hillary Rodham Clinton phrased it earlier this month


Bill Clinton has been paid $104.9 million for 542 speeches around the world between January 2001, when he left the White House, and January 2013










http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=57250

The American Presidency Project

William J. Clinton [ RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 ]

XLII President of the United States: 1993 - 2001

Remarks at a Dinner for Representative Max Sandlin in Texarkana

March 12, 1999


I came here tonight because I like Max Sandlin and because I admire him and because he has already had an unusual impact for a person that hasn't been in the House any longer than he's been there and shown an unusual amount of personal courage and responsibility. And I will just give you three examples—[applause]—the other people also like him; otherwise my Congressman, former member of my administration, Marion Berry, the Congressman from eastern Arkansas, would not be down here tonight in the cold and the rain. You don't do that just out of some sense of obligation. And there are three reasons.

Number one, I want you to know he does his work for the district. On far more than one occasion, he has personally lobbied me about a specific issue relating to this district. That's part of his job. But you would be amazed at how many people—so has Marion Berry— [laughter]—but he took me to race 20 years ago, so he feels he has a right to. But you would be amazed how many people get around the President, and then they say, "Oh, I'd better not bother him with that. He's probably thinking about Kosovo." Well, I probably am. But the only reason I have a right to think about Kosovo is that people from Miller County and Bowie County gave me the vote to put me there to do it. And he never forgets that.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077416/quotes

IMDb


The Deer Hunter (1978)

Quotes


VC guard: MAU! MAU! DIDI MAU!










http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=57241&st=&st1=

The American Presidency Project

William J. Clinton [ RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 ]

XLII President of the United States: 1993 - 2001

Remarks at the Dedication Ceremony for the Clinton Birthplace in Hope

March 12, 1999


Though I was only 4 when I left this place, it still holds very, very vivid memories for me, and I just relived a lot of them walking through the house.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077416/releaseinfo

IMDb


The Deer Hunter (1978)

Release Info

USA 8 December 1978 (Los Angeles, California)










http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=57241&st=&st1=

The American Presidency Project

William J. Clinton [ RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 ]

XLII President of the United States: 1993 - 2001

Remarks at the Dedication Ceremony for the Clinton Birthplace in Hope

March 12, 1999


I was only 4 when I left this place










http://clintonlibrary.gov/william-j.-clinton-bio.html

The William J. Clinton Presidential Library [ RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 ]


William J. Clinton


Biography -- William J. Clinton

Bill Clinton was born William Jefferson Blythe III on August 19, 1946, in Hope, Arkansas, three months after his father died in an automobile accident. In high school, he took the name of his step father, Roger Clinton of Hot Springs, Arkansas.

Bill Clinton graduated from Georgetown University and was awarded a Rhodes Scholarship to Oxford. He received a law degree from Yale in 1973.


In 1975, Bill Clinton married Hillary Rodham, whom he had met while a law student at Yale.



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cambridge_Five

Cambridge Five

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Cambridge Five were a ring of spies, recruited in part by Soviet scout Arnold Deutsch in the United Kingdom, who passed information to the Soviet Union during World War II and at least into the early 1950s. Four members of the ring have been identified: Kim Philby (cryptonym: Stanley), Donald Duart Maclean (cryptonym: Homer), Guy Burgess (cryptonym: Hicks) and Anthony Blunt (cryptonym: Johnson); jointly they are known as the Cambridge Four.

The term "Cambridge" in the name Cambridge Five refers to the recruitment of the group during their education at Cambridge University in the 1930s. The four known members all attended the university, as did the alleged fifth man. Debate surrounds the exact timing of their recruitment by Soviet intelligence; Anthony Blunt claimed that they were not recruited as agents until they had graduated. Blunt, a Fellow of Trinity College, was several years older than Burgess, Maclean, and Philby; he acted as a talent-spotter and recruiter for most of the group save Burgess.

Several people have been suspected of being the "fifth man" of the group; John Cairncross (cryptonym: Liszt) was identified as such by Oleg Gordievsky, though many others have also been accused of membership in the Cambridge ring. Both Blunt and Burgess were members of the Apostles, an exclusive and prestigious society based at Trinity and King's Colleges. Cairncross was also an Apostle. Other Apostles accused of having been the "fifth man" or otherwise spied for the Soviets include Michael Whitney Straight, Victor Rothschild and Guy Liddell.


Maclean and Burgess

All four were active during World War II, to various degrees of success. Philby, when he was posted in the British embassy in Washington, DC, after the war, learned that US and British intelligence were searching for a British embassy mole (cryptonym Homer) who was passing information to the Soviet Union, relying on material uncovered by VENONA.

Philby learned one of the suspects was Maclean. Realizing he had to act fast, he ordered Burgess, who was also on the embassy staff and living with Philby, to warn Maclean in England, where he was serving in the Foreign Office headquarters. Burgess was recalled from the United States due to "bad behaviour" and upon reaching London, warned Maclean.

In early summer 1951, Burgess and Maclean made international headlines by disappearing. Their whereabouts were unclear for some time and the suspicion that they had defected to the Soviet Union turned out to be correct, but was not made public until 1956 when the two appeared at a press conference in Moscow.

It was obvious they had been tipped off and Philby quickly became the prime suspect, due to his close relations with Burgess. Though Burgess was not supposed to defect at the same time as Maclean, he went along. It has been claimed that the KGB ordered Burgess to go to Moscow. This move damaged Philby's reputation, with many speculating that had it not occurred, Philby could have climbed even higher in the Secret Intelligence Service.



http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/campaigns/wh2000/stories/bush072899.htm


washingtonpost.com


At Height of Vietnam, Bush Picks Guard


By George Lardner Jr. and Lois Romano

Washington Post Staff Writers

Wednesday, July 28, 1999; Page A1

Fourth of seven articles

Two weeks before he was to graduate from Yale, George Walker Bush stepped into the offices of the Texas Air National Guard at Ellington Field outside Houston and announced that he wanted to sign up for pilot training.

It was May 27, 1968, at the height of the Vietnam War. Bush was 12 days away from losing his student deferment from the draft at a time when Americans were dying in combat at the rate of 350 a week. The unit Bush wanted to join offered him the chance to fulfill his military commitment at a base in Texas. It was seen as an escape route from Vietnam by many men his age, and usually had a long waiting list.










From 12/6/1943 ( premiere US film "In Old Oklahoma" ) To 10/26/1947 ( Hillary Rodham Clinton ) is 1420 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 9/22/1969 ( premiere US TV series pilot "The New People" ) is 1420 days



From 10/26/1947 ( Hillary Rodham Clinton ) To 2/27/1954 ( premiere US film "The Boy from Oklahoma" ) is 2316 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 3/6/1972 ( premiere US TV series pilot "The Delphi Bureau" ) is 2316 days



[ See also: http://hvom.blogspot.com/2014/04/back-to-archives-or-that-was-week-that.html ]


http://bioguide.congress.gov/scripts/biodisplay.pl?index=C001041

Biographical Directory of the United States Congress

CLINTON, Hillary Rodham, (1947 - )


CLINTON, Hillary Rodham, (wife of President William Jefferson Clinton), a Senator from New York; born on October 26, 1947










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/movie_script.php?movie=lord-of-the-rings-the-fellowship-of-the-ring-the

Springfield! Springfield!


Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, The (2001)


The Great Eye is ever-watchful.
It is a barren wasteland...
...riddled with fire, and ash
and dust.
The very air you breathe
is a poisonous fume.





http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/movie_script.php?movie=lord-of-the-rings-the-two-towers-the


Springfield! Springfield!


Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, The (2002)


The Black Gate is very close.
Orc blood.
These are strange tracks.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2518614/quotes

IMDb


The Simpsons (TV Series)

A Tree Grows in Springfield (2012)

Quotes


Homer Simpson: I never win anything. It'll probably be some jerk no one ever heard of.










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hope,_Arkansas


Hope, Arkansas

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


Hope is a city in Hempstead County in southern Arkansas, United States.










http://www.ktss.tv/

KTSS

Hope-Texarkana


KTSS is carried on these cable systems:

Hope, Prescott, Emmet, Spring Hill, Blevins, McCaskill, Saratoga, Fulton, Nashville, Mineral Springs, Murfreesboro, Delight, Antoine, Texarkana, Nash, Wake Village, Stamps, Lewisville, Buckner and Ashdown.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118884/quotes

IMDb


Contact (1997)

Quotes


Alien: You're an interesting species. An interesting mix. You're capable of such beautiful dreams, and such horrible nightmares.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 8:41 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Monday 23 March 2015