Saturday, April 18, 2015

"The Last Picture Show"




JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Posted by H.V.O.M at 9:53 PM Sunday, February 26, 2012


Yeah. That's the future for two of us. I am the one that is about a mile or two from the strike.





Watching again now that scene in the 2004 television miniseries DVD "Battlestar Galactica" I am thinking again now that strike itself does not hit me. I am not instantly vaporized by the strike. I am on the fringe of the blast of the atomic explosions, I think consistently about an incident over which I have no control over and that I am there simply as a spectator in effect and I cannot figure out how to end this sentence except for the fact that I can only control that I showed up at the right time when something very wrong was going down in that area


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 26 February 2012 excerpt ends]










http://www.chakoteya.net/StarTrek/58.htm

The Paradise Syndrome [ Star Trek: The Original Series ]

Stardate: 4842.6

Original Airdate: Oct 4, 1968


MIRAMANEE: We've been waiting for you to come to us.










http://www.chakoteya.net/StarTrek/58.htm

The Paradise Syndrome [ Star Trek: The Original Series ]

Stardate: 4842.6

Original Airdate: Oct 4, 1968


ELDER: the Wise Ones who planted us here will send a god










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Friday, December 21, 2012 1:08 AM


Subject: RE: Revolution

My latest theory is the notion again that I *do* have a paranormal sense that allows me to know when I am about to be ambushed or when Microsoft al Qaida is about to mount another large attack on the civilian population.

The thing is, I know all that and I show up anyway.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 21 December 2012 excerpt ends]










http://www.chakoteya.net/StarTrek/58.htm

The Paradise Syndrome [ Star Trek: The Original Series ]

Stardate: 4842.6

Original Airdate: Oct 4, 1968


KIRK: I'm happy. I'm so happy. If it weren't for the dreams, my mind would be completely at peace.

MIRAMANEE: I thought you no longer had the dreams, that you no longer saw the strange lodge which moves through the sky.

KIRK: They've come back. They were gone for a while, but they've come back, and I see faces, too. Very dim. I feel I should know know them. I feel my place is with them, not here. I don't deserve this happiness.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 01/13/08 4:01 AM
There was also an element in that dream, I think at the point where I was supposed to do the fly-by of Lily Jang, that I realized I had let myself gain too much altitude. I think I was having trouble by that time with reading the instrument panel, because it all had become sort of blurry, and I didn't realize I had been drifting upwards for too long. I am not certain what I did after that point but I can recall vaguely that I was still flying.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 01/13/08 4:04 AM
I can still sort of visualize the lights on the highway and other reference points I used to navigate my way along to the point I was supposed to fly over.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 01/13/08 4:05 AM
I didn't seem to gain a tremendous amount of altitude, so I don't know what that means. I would say that I might have gained 100 feet of altitude, which seems unimportant for that kind of fly-by so I don't understand that element of the dream.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 01/13/08 4:09 AM
I stomped on the left foot pedal, but I seemed to roll to the right. I am not certain if that is correct or not. I want to say that if I stomped on the left pedal, then I would have done a snap-roll to the left.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 01/13/08 4:10 AM
Or maybe that is correct.

The left foot pedal would raise - I think it would raise - the left aileron, which I think is on the tail, or maybe it would raise the flap on the trailing edge of the left wing. When that control surface is raised, it seems....now that I think it though, I think the aircraft would roll in that direction. The control surface catches the air and creates a drag on that side of the aircraft, which causes it to change attitude on that side. Something like that. I feel slightly confused.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 01/13/08 4:14 AM
The part about the longitudinal axis sounds correct, in terms of what I am trying to describe.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aileron

Ailerons are hinged control surfaces attached to the trailing edge of the wing of a fixed-wing aircraft. The ailerons are used to control the aircraft in roll. The two ailerons are typically interconnected so that one goes down when the other goes up: the downgoing aileron increases the lift on its wing while the upgoing aileron reduces the lift on the other wing, producing a rolling moment about the aircraft's longitudinal axis.


Modern military aircraft may have no ailerons on the wings at all, and combine roll control with an all-moving tailplane. This is a taileron or a rolling tail.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 01/13/08 4:19 AM
In a roll, slower than a snap roll, which I think of as a very quick roll, the rudder would be used to keep the aircraft centered on its original heading. The roll would cause the aircraft to drift to one side or the other, which I think is known as yaw.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flight_control_surfaces

Longitudinal axis

The longitudinal axis passes through the plane from nose to tail. Rotation about this axis is called bank or roll. Bank changes the orientation of the aircraft's wings with respect to the downward force of gravity. The pilot changes bank angle by increasing the lift on one wing and decreasing it on the other. This differential lift causes bank rotation around the longitudinal axis. The ailerons are the primary control of bank. The rudder also has a secondary effect on bank.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 01/13/08 4:25 AM
http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/duranduran/rio.html

DURAN DURAN LYRICS

"Rio"


With a step to your left and a flick to the right you catch that mirror way out west


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 13 January 2008 excerpt ends]









































http://science.ksc.nasa.gov/shuttle/missions/sts-71/images/high/KSC-95EC-0915.jpg










http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=19970216&slug=2524353

The Seattle Times


Sunday, February 16, 1997


Astronauts making the mission's second spacewalk Friday night discovered a surprising number of cracks and tears in Hubble's thin, outer insulation, as well as holes punched into the solar panels by micrometeorites.










http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/shuttle/shuttlemissions/archives/sts-82.html

NASA


Space Shuttle

STS-82


Mission: Second HST Servicing

Space Shuttle: Discovery

Launch Pad: 39A

Launched: February 11, 1997 3:55:17 a.m. EST

Landing Site: Kennedy Space Center, Florida

Landing: February 21, 1997, 3:32 a.m. EST


Mission Duration: 9 days, 23 hours, 37 minutes, 9 seconds

Orbit Altitude: 360 statute miles


Mission Highlights

STS-82 demonstrated anew the capability of the space shuttle to service orbiting spacecraft as well as the benefits of human spaceflight. A six-member crew completed servicing and upgrading of the Hubble Space Telescope (HST) during four planned extravehicular activities (EVAs) and then performed a fifth unscheduled space walk to repair insulation on the telescope.

HST deployed in April 1990 during STS-31. It was designed to undergo periodic servicing and upgrading over its 15-year lifespan, with first servicing performed during STS-61 in December 1993. Hawley, who originally deployed the telescope, operated the orbiter Remote Manipulator System arm on STS-82 to retrieve HST for a second servicing at 3:34 a.m. EST, Feb. 13, and positioned it in the payload bay less than half an hour later.

Relying on more than 150 tools and crew aids, Lee and Smith performed EVAs 1, 3 and 5, and Harbaugh and Tanner did EVAs 2 and 4. EVA 1 began at 11:34 p.m. EST, Feb. 13, and lasted six hours, 42 minutes.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0036941/releaseinfo

IMDb


I'm from Arkansas (1944)

Release Info

USA 31 October 1944



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 11:15 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Saturday 18 April 2015