Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Ashdown




This is the first time in recent days I have looked at these photos since probably at least 20 years ago.

I was looking on classmates.com at the 1983 yearbook in recent weeks but only a couple days ago did I think to check for the other years.

Lisa Waller.

I think she is who I fondly remember best from my 10th grade year, other than my usual small circle of friends. She was a senior that year.

I have been trying to remember more about her.

She broke up with me. I remember that.

I guess that's why she broke up with me: because there's nothing else to remember.

Taken me a long time to figure out I was scared of pretty girls I liked.

I mean, Jesus. By that time I was 16 years old. I was in my second year at Ashdown Arkansas since we had moved there from DeQueen.

We had moved to Ashdown because Thedia had gotten married again.

I sit here now and counted off that was her 5th marriage. There was Joseph Burgess first. Then James, Dale, Randy, and by then Denzil. So that was only five. I always tend to think there was seven by then, but no, I think that's right.

So I had learned very well by that time that people I cared about couldn't be trusted.

She was widowed once. Dale Parker was electrocuted one day, 1976 I think, while I sat inside the house where we lived with his parents as I sat there alone in house watching cartoons on television. I came outside to find the rest of the family in the driveway and his step-father trying to revive him, after they all had returned home to find him unconscious on the ground. He had been trying to install a trailer hitch on Thedia's VW "bug" car and the power drill electrocuted him as he was lying there under the car on the wet ground. Dale Parker was the only step-father I can recall ever raising a hand to me. Gave me a spanking one day because I was being childish.

So anyway, I remember that photo with us meeting the congressman. I remember that was in the local newspaper and I believe that was the same photo.

I think that's Lisa Waller standing to my right and with her back to the camera. I remember the group of us laughing when we got back in Bettie Hill's car and when she started the engine and what we heard when the radio powered on.

I recall she told me she accepted the offer for that class specifically because I was in it.



































10800_DSC01655.JPG



http://www.classmates.com/yearbooks/Ashdown-High-School/218656?page=70

classmates


1982 Ashdown High School Ashdown, AR










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: July 27, 2006


It looks like Ramon had attended F-16 training at Hill Air Force base, which is listed as 30 miles north of Salt Lake City, Utah.

http://www.hill.af.mil/main/library/newcomer/index.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/STS-107
Ilan Ramon...gained experience in flying the A-4, F-16 and Mirage III-C aircraft, which included time training at Hill Air Force Base in Utah.


DAMN DAMN DAMN that teacher in high school.....she was the instructor for that TARGETS class I've written about....her name was Mrs. Hill!


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 27 July 2006 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: August 8, 2006


Several key instruments mounted on the wall of the doctors examining room at the VA had brand names of "Welch Allyn" on them. I have seen similar equipment but never noticed the name. According to USNA 82 page, the middle name of Thomas Ray is Allyn. I have wondered several times why it is spelled that way. Since this all is fantasy, it's one of those weird little clues that pop up in certain places.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 08 August 2006 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: July 30, 2006


After they released me from the VA last year, I stumbled around in that senior citizens home, trying to find something to do, the very first magazine I picked up to read was a National Geographic edition from 1981 that described STS-1.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 30 July 2006 excerpt ends]










http://www.subzin.com/search.php?title=36+Hours&title_id=M44173d96&search_sort=Popularity&type=All&pag=43

SUBZIN


36 Hours (1965)

01:09:52 You know, of course, I'm gonna have to turn you over to the bullyboys.

01:09:58 I didn't think you were gonna send me back to Lisbon.

01:10:02 That man who was here, Schack?

01:10:07 He ain't from the village. He's a Standartenführer, SS.

01:10:11 He seems rather innocuous.

01:10:14 So does Himmler.

01:10:17 I'm sure by now one of my trusted staff has told him about your attempt to escape.

01:10:23 He shouldn't be too long now.

01:10:25 You think you're in a tight spot? You got company.

01:10:33 I'm sorry I have to turn you over to Attila the Hun.

01:10:36 I appreciate your concern, but why?

01:10:41 You see, this is only fiction.

01:10:44 I wrote it to make the six years seem real to you.

01:10:47 I got another record, a thicker one than this.

01:10:50 Everything we could find out about you from the day you were born.

01:10:54 I studied it for months.

01:10:56 I got to know you as well as I know Cyrano, David Copperfield, Robinson Crusoe.

01:11:03 I came to the conclusion you're a hell of a guy.

01:11:05 Feel like I'm turning in one of my best friends.

01:11:08 Well, you've got your job to do, I've got mine.



http://www.subzin.com/search.php?title=36+Hours&title_id=M44173d96&search_sort=Popularity&type=All&pag=44

SUBZIN


36 Hours (1965)

01:11:13 I have the strangest feeling.

01:11:17 I'm almost sorry I messed it up for you.

01:11:19 - It was important to you, wasn't it? - Yeah.

01:11:24 Oh, not the securing of information. That was a recent development.

01:11:29 It started with these sick kids being sent back from the Russian front.

01:11:33 Battle fatigue, complete mental breakdowns.

01:11:37 Some of them were catatonics.

01:11:38 Wouldn't move a muscle, wouldn't speak a word.

01:11:41 I've seen a few soldiers like that.

01:11:43 I couldn't get through to them.

01:11:45 I tried chemical hypnotics, shock, everything.

01:11:50 Finally, I sedated them.

01:11:51 When they came to, I convinced them it was two years later and the war was over.

01:11:56 They lost their fear of being sent back and recovered.

01:11:59 When they could take it, I told them the truth and had them transferred to desk jobs.

01:12:05 And most of them stayed well.

01:12:11 Then, as with most well-intentioned things...

01:12:13 ...someone saw some real, solid, corrupt possibilities in it...

01:12:18 ...and it became perverted.

01:12:24 You wanna have one last drink together?



http://www.subzin.com/search.php?title=36+Hours&title_id=M44173d96&search_sort=Popularity&type=All&pag=45

SUBZIN


36 Hours (1965)

01:12:26 I have a feeling I'm gonna need it.

01:12:29 You don't know what sort of thing he has in mind for me, do you?

01:12:33 They all have their favorite techniques.










http://www.e-reading.org.ua/bookreader.php/80261/King_-_The_Stand.html


Stephen King

The Stand - The Complete & Uncut Edition


Chapter 38


George McDougall lived in Nyack, New York. He had been a teacher of high school mathematics, specializing in remedial work. He and his wife had been practicing Catholics, and Harriett McDougall had borne him eleven children, nine boys and two girls. So between June 22, when his nine-year-old son Jeff had succumbed to what was then diagnosed as “flu-related pneumonia,” and June 29, when his sixteen-year-old daughter Patricia (and oh God she had been so young and so achingly beautiful) had succumbed to what everyone—those that were left—was then calling tube-neck, he had seen the twelve people he loved best in the world pass away while he himself remained healthy and feeling fine. He had joked at school about not being able to remember all his kids’ names, but the order of their passing was engraved on his memory: Jeff on the twenty-second, Marty and Helen on the twenty-third, his wife Harriett and Bill and George, Jr., and Robert and Stan on the twenty-fourth, Richard on the twenty-fifth, Danny on the twenty-seventh, three-year-old Frank on the twenty-eighth, and finally Pat—and Pat had seemed to be getting better, right up to the end.

George thought he would go mad.

He had begun jogging ten years before, on his doctor’s advice. He didn’t play tennis or handball, paid a kid (one of his, of course) to mow the lawn, and usually drove to the corner store when Harriett needed a loaf of bread. You’re putting on weight, Dr. Warner had said. Lead in the seat. No good for your heart. Try jogging.

So he had gotten a sweatsuit and had gone jogging every night, for short distances at the start, then longer and longer ones. At first he’d felt self-conscious, sure that the neighbors must be tapping their foreheads and rolling their eyes, and then a couple of the men that he had only known to wave to when they were out watering their lawns came and asked if they could join him—probably there was safety in numbers. By that time, George’s two oldest boys had also joined in. It became a sort of neighborhood thing, and although the membership was always evolving as people dropped in and dropped out, it stayed a neighborhood thing.

Now that everyone was gone, he still jogged. Every day. For hours. It was only when he was jogging, concentrating on nothing more than the thud of his tennis shoes on the sidewalk and the swing of his arms and his steady harsh respiration, that he lost that feeling of impending madness. He could not commit suicide because as a practicing Catholic he knew that suicide was a mortal sin and God must be saving him for something, so he jogged. Yesterday he had jogged for almost six hours, until he was completely out of breath and almost retching with exhaustion. He was fifty-one, not a young man anymore, and he supposed that so much running was not good for him, but in another, more important way, it was the only thing that was any good.

So he had gotten up this morning at first light after a mostly sleepless night (the thought that played over and over in his mind was: Jeff-Marty-Helen-Harriett-Bill-George-Junior-Robert-Stanley-Richard-Danny-Frank-Patty-and-I-thought-she-was-getting-better) and put on his sweatsuit. He went out and began to jog up and down the deserted streets of Nyack, his feet sometimes gritting on broken glass, once leaping over a TV set that lay shattered on the pavement, taking him past residential streets where the shades were drawn and also past the horrible three-car crash at the Main Street intersection.

He jogged at first, but it became necessary to run faster and faster to keep the thoughts behind him. He jogged and then he trotted and then he ran and finally he sprinted, a fifty-one-year-old man with gray hair in a gray sweatsuit and white tennis shoes, fleeing up and down empty streets as if all the devils of hell were after him.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: - posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 8:53 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Sunday 05 October 2014 - http://hvom.blogspot.com/2014/10/homeless-veteran-killed-dead-by.html


Homeless Veteran killed dead by Microsoft



T.A.R.G.E.T.S.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094933/quotes

IMDb


D.O.A. (1988)

Quotes


Mrs. Fitzwaring: How did you know about Nick?

Dexter Cornell: I'm psychic.

Bernard: Good. Then you know what's going to happen to you.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 05 October 2014 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: - posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 8:53 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Sunday 05 October 2014 - http://hvom.blogspot.com/2014/10/homeless-veteran-killed-dead-by.html


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0053125/quotes

IMDb


North by Northwest (1959)

Quotes


Clara Thornhill: You gentlemen aren't REALLY trying to kill my son, are you?










http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=99351

The American Presidency Project

Barack Obama

XLIV President of the United States: 2009 - present

95 - Remarks on Presenting the National Medal of Arts and the National Humanities Medal

February 13, 2012

The President. Thank you, everybody. Please, please have a seat. Thank you. Thank you so much for joining us in this celebration of the arts and the humanities. Two outstanding public servants and ambassadors for the arts are here: Rocco Landesman—where's Rocco? There he is, right here—Chairman of the National Endowment of the Arts; and Jim Leach—where's Jim? Good to see you, Jim—the Chairman of the National Endowment for the Humanities.

We also have two good friends and Cochairs of the President's Committee on the Arts and the Humanities who are here: Margo Lions and George Stevens. And I also want to acknowledge one of our honorees who unfortunately could not make it. Ever the artist, Andre Watts had a concert to give in Salt Lake City. [Laughter] So give him a big round of applause in his absence.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 05 October 2014 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: - posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 8:53 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Sunday 05 October 2014 - http://hvom.blogspot.com/2014/10/homeless-veteran-killed-dead-by.html


JOURNAL ARCHIVE: November 06, 2007

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 11/06/07 2:44 AM
When I wake up, as I have on many occasions, and realize I am holding a knife in my hand, which I was not holding when I went to sleep, I wonder what I was dreaming about.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 6 November 2007 excerpt ends]
[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 05 October 2014 excerpt ends]










From 3/3/1959 ( the birthdate in Hawaii of my biological brother Thomas Reagan ) To 6/13/2005 is 16904 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 2/13/2012 is 16904 days



From 7/17/1959 ( premiere US film "North by Northwest" ) To 10/27/2005 ( George Bush announces the nomination withdrawal of Harriet Miers ) is 16904 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 2/13/2012 is 16904 days



From 1/17/1991 ( the date of record of my United States Navy Medal of Honor as Kerry Wayne Burgess chief warrant officer United States Marine Corps circa 1991 also known as Matthew Kline for official duty and also known as Wayne Newman for official duty ) To 2/13/2012 is 7697 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 11/29/1986 ( Cary Grant deceased ) is 7697 days



From 1/17/1991 ( RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 - the Persian Gulf War begins as scheduled severe criminal activity against the United States of America ) To 2/13/2012 is 7697 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 11/29/1986 ( Cary Grant deceased ) is 7697 days



[ See also: hvom.blogspot.com/2014/10/homeless-veteran-killed-dead-by.html ]


http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=99351

The American Presidency Project

Barack Obama

XLIV President of the United States: 2009 - present

95 - Remarks on Presenting the National Medal of Arts and the National Humanities Medal

February 13, 2012

The President. Thank you, everybody. Please, please have a seat. Thank you. Thank you so much for joining us in this celebration of the arts and the humanities.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077394/quotes

IMDb


Damien: Omen II (1978)

Quotes


Master Sergeant Daniel Neff: Mathematics good, Science very good, Military History fair, room for improvement.

Damien Thorn: Yes Sergeant.

Master Sergeant Daniel Neff: Physical Training is excellent. I hear you're quite a football player. Be proud of your accomplishments. Pride is alright when there's reason to be proud.

Damien Thorn: Yes Sergeant.

Master Sergeant Daniel Neff: I'm here to teach you but also I'm here to help you. Any problems you come to me. Don't be afraid, day or night, any advice. You understand?

Damien Thorn: Whatever you say Sergeant.

Master Sergeant Daniel Neff: We're gonna get to know each other. I see you're an orphan. Well, that's something we have in common.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077394/quotes

IMDb


Damien: Omen II (1978)

Quotes


Master Sergeant Daniel Neff: What were you trying to do, Damien? What were you trying to do?

Damien Thorn: I was just answering questions Sergeant.

Master Sergeant Daniel Neff: You were showing off.

Damien Thorn: No. I just knew all the answers. Somehow I knew them all.

Master Sergeant Daniel Neff: You mustn't attract attention.

Damien Thorn: I wasn't trying to. I just felt...

Master Sergeant Daniel Neff: The day will come when everyone will know who you are but that day is not yet.

Damien Thorn: What you mean who I am?



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 12:50 AM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Tuesday 10 November 2015