Thursday, July 07, 2016

In Theory




http://www.excite.com/tv/prog.jsp?id=EP000039860099&s=201607071100&sid=64492&sn=BBCAHD&st=201607071100&cn=647

excite tv


Star Trek: The Next Generation (Repeat)

647 BBCAHD: Thursday, July 7 11:00 AM [ 2:00 PM Thursday 07 July 2016 Pacific Time USA ]

Science fiction, Fantasy, Adventure

In Theory

While the Enterprise explores a nebula with unusual properties, Data becomes involved in a romantic liaison with a crew member.

Cast: Patrick Stewart, Jonathan Frakes, Brent Spiner, Gates McFadden, Marina Sirtis, LeVar Burton, Michael Dorn Director(s): Patrick Stewart Executive Producer(s): Gene Roddenberry, Rick Berman

Original Air Date: Jun 03, 1991










http://www.chakoteya.net/NextGen/199.htm

In Theory [ Star Trek: The Next Generation ]

Stardate: 44932.3

Original Airdate: 3 Jun, 1991

[ Opening lines ]

Captain's log, stardate 44932.3 The Enterprise is preparing to enter the Mar Oscura, an unexplored dark matter nebula. Commander Data is modifying several new photon torpedoes for an experiment designed to elicit more information about this unusual phenomenon.

[Torpedo bay]

DATA: The initial dispersal pattern should not be more than seven kilometres in diameter. Jenna?

JENNA: Oh, er, six point eight kilometres.

DATA: That should suffice. Is there something occupying your thoughts, Jenna? You seem somewhat subdued today.

JENNA: I bumped into Jeff again in the turbolift this morning. He asked me to dinner.

DATA: What was your response?

JENNA: I told him I'd think about it.

DATA: As you requested, I will now remind you of the reasons you decided to end your relationship with Jeff.

JENNA: I guess I asked for this. Go ahead.

DATA: You objected to the fact that he seemed unwilling to set aside sufficient time for you. You said he was unresponsive, that he never did the little things. You disliked the sound he made when he ate his soup.

JENNA: Okay, okay. I remember.

DATA: This is the third time I have refreshed your memory. Do you wish to rescind our agreement?

JENNA: No. No, it's for my own good. It's just so easy to forget. Hand me the sequencer.

DATA: Throughout history, many lovers have suffered the same difficulty. Anne Boleyn was quite distressed that Henry the Eighth preferred the company of his huntsmen over that of his wife.

JENNA: Since when did you develop an interest in romantic historical figures?

DATA: Six weeks ago, when you and Jeff dissolved your relationship, I saw an excellent opportunity to study that aspect of human intimacy. As your friend, it is my responsibility to be supportive in times of need.

JENNA: That's very sweet, Data.










http://www.chakoteya.net/NextGen/199.htm

In Theory [ Star Trek: The Next Generation ]

Stardate: 44932.3

Original Airdate: 3 Jun, 1991


[Torpedo bay]

JENNA: Sometimes in the summer we'd go on cookouts. Just my little brother and me, and mother. She was hopeless without a replicator. We didn't care.

DATA: Children often do not develop discerning palettes until well beyond adolescence.

JENNA: It's wasn't that. It's just that we felt so good being together, you know, as a family. We didn't have much of that after my father died. so those times were really special. I wish we were back there now, you and I.

DATA: The unidirectional nature of the time continuum makes that an unlikely possibility.

JENNA: That what I love about you, Data. You make me laugh. I don't know why I keep falling for the wrong man. Why can't I fall for somebody like you. You're perfect.

DATA: That is not true. I have no human feelings.

JENNA: But you give me so much. You spend time with me when I was lonely, you encouraged me when I'm down. No man has ever been kinder to me. Those are the things that matter. I'd better be going. With your permission, Commander.

DATA: Permission granted.

(she gives him a kiss on the cheek)

JENNA: I don't know if you're aware of this, but you're very handsome.










From 7/16/1963 ( Phoebe Cates ) To 2/13/1989 ( premiere US TV series episode "Star Trek: The Next Generation"::"The Measure Of A Man" ) is 9344 days

From 11/2/1965 ( the birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA of Kerry Burgess ) To 6/3/1991 is 9344 days





http://www.tv.com/shows/star-trek-the-next-generation/in-theory-19085/

tv.com


Star Trek: The Next Generation Season 4 Episode 25

In Theory

Aired Unknown Jun 03, 1991 on CBS

AIRED: 6/3/91










http://www.tv.com/shows/star-trek-the-next-generation/the-measure-of-a-man-19022/

tv.com


Star Trek: The Next Generation Season 2 Episode 9

The Measure Of A Man

Aired Unknown Feb 13, 1989 on CBS

Stardate: 42523.7 When Data's rights as a sentient individual are placed under trial, Starfleet forces Riker into a position where he must prove that Data is only an Android.

AIRED: 2/13/89










http://www.chakoteya.net/NextGen/135.htm

The Measure Of A Man [ Star Trek: The Next Generation ]

Stardate: 42523.7

Original Airdate: 13 Feb, 1989


[Ready room]

PICARD: Come.

(Data enters)

DATA: You sent for me, sir?

PICARD: Data, please sit down. Well, we have a problem.

DATA: I find myself in complete agreement with that assessment of the situation, sir.

PICARD: Your service to this ship has been exemplary. I don't want to lose you.

DATA: I will not submit to the procedure, sir.

PICARD: Data, I understand your objections, but I have to consider Starfleet's interests. What if Commander Maddox is correct, there is a possibility that many more beings like yourself could be constructed.

DATA: Sir, Lieutenant La Forge's eyes are far superior to human biological eyes. True? Then why are not all human officers required to have their eyes replaced with cybernetic implants? (Picard looks away) I see. It is precisely because I am not human.

PICARD: That will be all, Mister Data.

(Data leaves)

PICARD: Computer, pull all relevant information with regard to Starfleet regulations on the transfer of officers.

COMPUTER: Working.

[JAG office]

PHILLIPA: My God, twice in as many days.

PICARD: I need your help.

PHILLIPA: An historic moment.

PICARD: I have been trying to make sense of this gobbledygook, but it's beyond me. The fact is, my android officer, Data, is being transferred compulsorily to be made part of a highly dangerous, ill-conceived experiment, and I want it stopped.

PHILLIPA: He can refuse to undergo the procedure, but we can't stop the transfer.

PICARD: Once this Maddox has got control of Data, anything could happen. I don't trust that man.

PHILLIPA: We agree to certain risks when we join Starfleet.

PICARD: Yes. Acceptable risks, justified risks, but I can't accept this. It's unjustified. It's unfair. He has rights.

PHILLIPA: All this passion over a machine?










http://www.chakoteya.net/NextGen/135.htm

The Measure Of A Man [ Star Trek: The Next Generation ]

Stardate: 42523.7

Original Airdate: 13 Feb, 1989


MADDOX: Resigned? You can't resign.

DATA: I regret the decision, but I must. I am the culmination of one man's dream. This is not ego or vanity, but when Doctor Soong created me he added to the substance of the universe. If by your experiments I am destroyed, something unique, something wonderful will be lost. I cannot permit that, I must protect his dream.

MADDOX: And so must I. But keep packing, because one way or the other, you will be reporting.










http://www.chakoteya.net/NextGen/135.htm

The Measure Of A Man [ Star Trek: The Next Generation ]

Stardate: 42523.7

Original Airdate: 13 Feb, 1989


MADDOX: How have you been, Data?

DATA: My condition does not alter with the passage of time, Commander.

PICARD: The two of you are acquainted?

MADDOX: Yes, I evaluated Data when it first applied to the Academy.

DATA: And was the sole member of the committee to oppose my entrance on the grounds that I was not a sentient being.

PICARD: What exactly will this work entail?

MADDOX: I am going to disassemble Data.

[Observation lounge]

PICARD: All right, explain this procedure.

MADDOX: Ever since I first saw Data at the entrance evaluation at the Starfleet Academy, I've wanted to understand it. I became a student of the works of Doctor Noonien Soong, Data's creator, and I've tried to continue his work. I believe I am very close to the breakthrough that will enable me to duplicate Doctor Soong's work and replicate this. But as a first step I must disassemble and study it. Data is going to be my guide.

PICARD: Data?

DATA: It sounds intriguing.

RIKER: How will you proceed?

MADDOX: I will run a full diagnostic on Data, evaluating the condition of its current software. I will then dump its core memory into the starbase mainframe computer and begin a detailed analysis of its construction.










http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000121/bio

IMDb


Phoebe Cates

Biography

Date of Birth 16 July 1963, New York City, New York, USA

Birth Name Phoebe Belle Cates










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Friday, October 19, 2007 Posted by H.V.O.M at 7:10 PM


She is wearing a blouse that looks just like a comforter I slept under for a lot of these years I have been deployed from home on this assignment.


http://gallery.phoebe-cates.com/v/current/70466003.jpg.html?g2_imageViewsIndex=1


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 19 October 2007 excerpt ends]










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0072856/quotes

IMDb


Death Race 2000 (1975)

Quotes


Frankenstein: What'd you expect, another pretty face?



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 1:37 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Thursday 07 July 2016