Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Acceptance trials.




http://www.twiztv.com/scripts/battlestar

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

1-08 - Flesh And Bones 12/06/04


http://www.twiztv.com/scripts/battlestar/season1/galactica-108.htm

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

1X08 - FLESH AND BONE

Original Airdate: February 25, 2005 (USA)


Starbuck - This is worse than Galactica and I didn't think that was possible. What was that, "swimmin' in streams" or something?

Leoben - You mind? Mm. Thank you. Starving, haven't eaten in days.

Starbuck - Kinda bad programming, isn't it? I mean, why bother with hunger?

Leoben - Part of being human.

Starbuck - You're not human. How's your lunch?

Leoben - You know how it is. When you're starving, anything tastes good. Oh !

Starbuck - Did that hurt?

Leoben - Yeah, it hurt.

Starbuck - Machines shouldn't feel pain. Shouldn't bleed, shouldn't sweat.

Leoben - Sweat, that's funny, that's good.

Starbuck - See, now, a smart Cylon would turn off the ol' pain software about now. But I don't think you're so smart.

Leoben - Maybe I'll turn it off and you won't even know.

Starbuck - Hmm. Here's your dilemma, turn off the pain, you feel better but that makes you a machine, not a person. You see, human beings can't turn off their pain. Human beings have to suffer and cry and scream and endure because they have no choice. So the only way you can avoid the pain you are about to receive is by telling me exactly what I wanna know. Just like a human would.

Leoben - I knew this about you. You're everything I thought you would be. But it won't work, I won't tell you anything.

Starbuck - Maybe not. But then you'll know, deep down, that I beat you. That a human being beat you. And that you are truly no greater than we are. You're just a bunch of machines, after all.

Leoben - Let the games begin.