Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Odyssey 5





I know for certain I had never watched anything about this tv-series "Odyssey 5" until a few days ago when I started watching it in sequence on the Crackle internet website

I just watched episode 4 and I might watch episode 5 tonight also.

There are only 19 episodes and it's not so bad so far.

Peter Weller adds a lot of credibility to the production.

They should have had him on the "Stargate SG-1" tv-series.





by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my private journal: 09/06/08 8:45 AM

I just remembered again that dream I had in Feb. 2004 about nuclear bombs destroying Seattle.

In that dream, I saw 2 mushroom clouds rising above Seattle and I guess I was in the Bellevue or Redmond area when I saw it.

I did not seem to be in any danger personally from the destruction but I could not understand why no one else was concerned.

09/06/08 8:48 AM

I cannot remember now if during the dream the people around me were still in motion or if it seemed that time had suddenly stopped in such a manner as I have described with that notion of hyper-reality.

09/06/08 8:50 AM

I do remember that I had that nightmare around that time in Feb. 2004 about how the alarm clock in my bedroom had seemed to stop and that I was terrified because I could not understand why time had stopped.

In these latest series of thoughts, there is a similar notion and that was how I was able to write down the numbers from the bombs while not being incenerated myself by the blasts.

The dream with the alarm clock was disconnected from all that though and it just seemed to be a nightmare about how time had stopped.

The dream about the bombs back then was disturbing mostly because I could not understand why no one else was concerned.





from my private journal, as me, Kerry Burgess, typed after being released from the USA Veterans Affairs psychiatric hospital enduring many months sitting in a grungy two-computer room in a homeless shelter on the waterfront in downtown Seattle:

From: Kerry Burgess

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Mon, February 27, 2006 12:52:14 PM

Subject: Sleep journal 2/27/06 There was a bunch of stuff in my dreams last night, but I only remember one part. I was also very tired when I woke up, but couldn't go back to sleep. The part of the dream I do remember is where I was walking down some stairs. It seemed to be outside, as in stairs leading down the outside of a building, a factory maybe. I am thinking it was at the end of something, a conclusion of something. I turned around after going down a couple of the stairs and was organizing some stuff, books maybe. I couldn't get them all together or something and I think I was going to have to make a second trip to bring them all down. Within the boxes and books, I pulled out a hat and put it on. It was a U.S. Navy Officer's cover.

Today I am also thinking back to that dream I had in my last days at Microsoft. I told a friend about it. I dreamed that someone had set off two bombs and I was watching the towering clouds from the explosions rising high into the atmosphere. I was baffled at how people were going around their normal business like nothing had happened. There was one person I recognized, a guy that was on the same team as I. I didn't understand why no one was concerned.





by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my private journal: February 27, 2007

There was that one dream about three years ago that was terrifying. I woke up and it seemed like forever that I had been standing out of bed and I just couldn’t shake that feeling of pure terror. There was something about the alarm clock. Something about the red numbers. Time had stopped and that was terrifying to me. And when I first jumped out of bed, it was as though there was a red glow on the open door to my bedroom as though there was a fire in the living room.





by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my private journal: Sleep journal 2/14/06

For the past couple of days I have been meaning to bring up again a dream that happened about two years ago that I believe was a foreign dream. I recorded it in my journal shortly after that but I have lost control of all my personal effects due to this situation. I remember waking up absolutely terrified. There was something terrifying about my digital alarm clock. It seemed that the numbers had stopped, that time itself had stopped. It was probably several minutes before I regained my senses. I don't know why I was so terrified.





From 5/14/1992 ( the Intelsat 6 successful rescue during US space shuttle first-flight Endeavour orbiter vehicle mission STS-49 AND from the thoughts in my conscious mind, coinciding with United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric doctor medical drugs: includes me Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps officer and United States STS-49 pilot astronaut and my 1st official United States of America National Aeronautics and Space Administration orbital flight of 4 overall ) To 6/21/2002 ( ) is 3690 days

3690 = 1845 + 1845

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 11/21/1970 ( Chandrasekhara Venkata Raman dead ) is 1845 days



From 1/16/1991 ( from the thoughts in my conscious mind, coinciding with United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric doctor medical drugs: the date of record of my United States Navy Medal of Honor as Kerry Wayne Burgess chief warrant officer United States Marine Corps circa 1991 officially the United States Apache attack helicopter pilot ) To 6/21/2002 ( ) is 4174 days

4174 = 2087 + 2087

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 7/21/1971 ( Richard Nixon, 37th President of USA: Letter Accepting the Resignation of Glenn T. Seaborg as Chairman of the Atomic Energy Commission ) is 2087 days



From 12/9/1917 ( Leo James Rainwater ) To 3/16/1991 ( from the thoughts in my conscious mind, coinciding with United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric doctor medical drugs: my first successful major test of my ultraspace matter transportation device as Kerry Wayne Burgess the successful Ph.D. graduate and possibly the date of the secret, doctorate-degree credential from Princeton University, I can only theorize, struggling to understand ) is 26760 days

26760 = 13380 + 13380

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 6/21/2002 ( ) is 13380 days



https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0287602

IMDb

Odyssey 5

Pilot

Episode aired Jun 21, 2002

S1 E1

Five astronauts are sole survivors of an inexplicable apocalyptic event that caused Earth to suddenly blow up. An alien AI construct that's investigating similar incidents arrives and sends them five years into the past to stop the event.

Top cast

Peter Weller as Chuck Taggart





https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/December_1917

December 1917

From Wikipedia

December 9, 1917

Born: James Rainwater, American physicist, recipient of the Nobel Prize in Physics for his research in atomic physics, in Council, Idaho (d. 1986); James Jesus Angleton, American intelligence officer, chief of CIA Counterintelligence from 1954 to 1975, in Boise, Idaho (d. 1987)



https://www.nobelprize.org/prizes/physics/1975/rainwater/facts/

The Nobel Prize

The Nobel Prize in Physics 1975

Leo James Rainwater

The Nobel Prize in Physics 1975

Born: 9 December 1917, Council, ID, USA

Died: 31 March 1986, Yonkers, NY, USA

Affiliation at the time of the award: Columbia University, New York, NY, USA

Prize motivation: "for the discovery of the connection between collective motion and particle motion in atomic nuclei and the development of the theory of the structure of the atomic nucleus based on this connection."

Prize share: 1/3

Work

According to modern physics, an atomic nucleus consists of nucleons - protons and neutrons. In earlier models the nucleus was depicted as being spherical, but this proved to be inaccurate. In 1950 James Rainwater postulated that the atomic nucleus can be distorted. The nucleons in the outer portions of the atomic nucleus move about in paths and interact with nucleons inside, causing the nucleus to be distorted. Independently of Rainwater, Aage Bohr arrived at the same theory and corroborated it through experiments in collaboration with Ben Mottelson in 1952 and 1953.





https://www.nobelprize.org/prizes/physics/1930/raman/facts/

The Nobel Prize

The Nobel Prize in Physics 1930

Sir Chandrasekhara Venkata Raman

The Nobel Prize in Physics 1930

Born: 7 November 1888, Tiruchirappalli, India

Died: 21 November 1970, Bangalore, India

Affiliation at the time of the award: Calcutta University, Calcutta, India

Prize motivation: "for his work on the scattering of light and for the discovery of the effect named after him."

Prize share: 1/1

Work

When light meets particles that are smaller than the light's wavelength, the light spreads in different directions. This occurs, for example, when light packets - photons - encounter molecules in a gas. In 1928 Venkata Raman discovered that a small portion of the scattered light acquires other wavelengths than that of the original light. This is because some of the incoming photons' energy can be transferred to a molecule, giving it a higher level of energy. Among other things, the phenomenon is used to analyze different types of material.





https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0287602/quotes

IMDb

Odyssey 5 (TV Series)

Pilot (2002)

Quotes

[everyone is waiting silently as the oxygen is slowly depleted]

Sarah Forbes: Shouldn't w - doesn't anybody... want to say anything?

Kurt Mendel: [after a long pause] Uh, I need to use the john.

Chuck Taggart: [smiles, chuckles quietly]

Kurt Mendel: [giggles]

Neil Taggart: [tries to hold back his laughter]

Kurt Mendel: [laughs louder]

Chuck Taggart: [laughs]

Neil Taggart: Okay, okay, c'mon. We're wasting oxygen.

[cracks up]

Sarah Forbes, Kurt Mendel, Chuck Taggart, Neil Taggart: [laughing loudly as Odyssey drifts out of the dust cloud]





by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me, July 17, 2018 10:07 pm

Kerry Burgess updated his status.

The SUPERSTITIOUS cowards are rolling out the THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS!

Don't let your Imaginary Friend hurt you again, DULLARDS!

Tinkle On, you Little Donkeys of Mediocrity, your Imaginary Friend With The Beard Who Lives In The Clouds is ALWAYS WATCHING YOU TINKLE!

Look behind as you sit there in the bathroom! He's WATCHING YOU TINKLE!



- posted by me, Kerry Burgess 10:54 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Wednesday 12/29/2021