Monday, January 24, 2022

De-aging Legend





Only about 12:30 PM today, here locally Pacific-time, did I become aware that NASA's James Webb Space Telescope today arrived to begin circling its parking-lot

I knew, of course, that was due to happen, just did not care about tracking the specific calendar-date, which I learned today is today, after I checked the NASA Twitter page just after noon today

Nothing automatically came to mind to check for in this work of personal, absolutely individual, genius work that I have personally and completely autonomously developed in the past 20 years since the VA hospital in Seattle.

Nothing formed in my mind so I decided to use a key-word search *based on* details that linger in my conscious mind from a sleeping-dream I had early this morning.

Don't know what it means or could mean.

So, this is the first part that I worked on to develop this content, this reference below to "Somewhere in the Night".

Seems especially apt after a moment's thought.

BUT THAT IS NOT WHY I decided to pursue that detail.

The reason - the only reason - is because of details I recall from a sleeping-dream and my search through my notes of a key-word.

The first part is the result of that search by me.

So, far, no other ideas have formed in my mind to search for and to include as content for this note.

Other possible vectors that may influence me today are that I might - might - watch more episodes of "Star Trek: Picard" later today, or not. I've watched the first three episodes and it's not so bad. The season-two begins in March. Also, I still have episodes of the 2002 "Odyssey 5" to continue and I might watch another later today, or not.

Sometimes, the content influences me to think of other stuff to check for.

And, the thing is, most of the people finding my page, for no personal reason associated with their own self, cannot think independently enough to comprehend the possible reasons for what I'm discovering.

Of those people at NASA, there might be one or two capable of independent thought, but they are not the sort of people who would follow my posts. *IF* anyone there was or is following my posts then is because I have referenced NASA.

They would not normally find the least bit of interest in my posts.

And that's true for the vast majority of people. Because I offer them nothing.

Some people might find interest here, but only because they are susceptible to nonsense.

There was a guy I read recently, can't recall his name, but he was something similar to "Multi-verse Guy" or some bullshit such as that.

They're susceptible to ridiculous nonsense because they cannot think independently, such as any "Star Wars" fan. They only want to escape their pathetic life. There's no interest in actually chipping away at the literal-universe of ignorance that the sky above your monkey-forehead has produced in the human-race for the past hundred-thousand years.

Lately, I've been thinking again about "The Matrix" from 1999

"The Matrix" could have been a good story but now is really just a joke.

One reason I'll never watch it again is because they moronically cast Keanu Reeves and he ruins any possibly good story such as "The Matrix"

I'm thinking about it again, with a sense of frustration, because no one will ever learn anything from that story and from any notion I explain using it for context.

The more I work here, the more I wonder about the possible existence of reality-artificial.

"The Matrix" has made that a ridiculous cliche that no person with critical-thinking skills will ever take seriously.

I once, contemplating my so-called Theory of Conspiracy or Synchronization, called this existence as "95% reality"

Electrons, photons, Evelyn's, climate-change-catastrophes - they're all complete fiction, subject to contradiction and revision

The majority of the people who might take interest in my page - with reasons not personally relevant to their own self - are incapable of independent thought and can only parrot notions

They can accept notions only in the most literal of terms

Ben Cortland isn't afraid of the water-trough, according to Richard Matheson, but he certainly does have his predictable fears.

Next, my mind conjures up the need to check for "Skyline".

So, I type in the numbers and let my original software-code present to me a set of associations, which I consider

After searching another notion, which may or may not be included here, I thought over that for a while and then another notion formed in my mind. Perhaps importantly, is the thoughts I remember in my conscious mind last night before I finally went to sleep for the night. A new sense of the profound to try to explain how this is affecting me personally: that is not some different version of me in the distant future communicating to me. That is *me*. In a sense, a different version, but in reality a direct line from here now to there then. A hundred years from now, or a thousand years from now. Sitting here now, seems completely impossible to take seriously.

That's why this location was important for all the years past.

A direct extension of me, communicating to myself in the distant past. Before the de-aging process begins, which is certainly not active in this present time.

All people are free in the United States of America. Until the billionaires discover you have something they want and they cannot pay money to buy.

Then your individual rights become meaningless.

And every other USAmerican wants someone else to risk all to fight for their own rights and that they will never fight to protect for others.





"Homer's Paternity Coot" (01/08/2006) - The Simpsons

Kent Brockman: Kent Brockman here atop mount Springfield, where the melting ice cap has revealed a discovery so gruesome, we'll give you a moment to get the children out of the room. That's long enough. Here it is. A frozen mailman somehow buried in ice several decades ago. For further analysis, here's the one scientist who's always home when we call, professor John Frink.

Professor Frink: Based on the ice core samples and the size of the mailman's bell-bottoms-- just measure that there-- we have determined he was frozen sometime in the 1960s.






DSC06090





Somewhere in the Night (1946)

George Taylor: (wounded in hospital thinking to himself with his jaw wired shut) I won't let them know I can't remember. I won't let them dig him up!

(later)

US Marine Corps sergeant: Taylor, George W.

US Marine Corps staff sergeant: Hello, Taylor. Sit down. You're now in the process of being separated from the armed forces of the United States. You feel you have a right to know answers to a lot of questions about yourself and how you'll fit into civilian life. Those questions need not necessarily be restricted to the G.I. Bill of Rights employment, insurance and such. Oh, by the way. Before I forget. Your seabag, it's been located. Any change in your civilian address?

George Taylor: My civilian address.

US Marine Corps sergeant: I could ask one of the boys to drop it off.

George Taylor: I'll, uh - Maybe I'd better pick it up myself.

US Marine Corps sergeant: Well, why wait around? It might be this afternoon, it might be a couple of days. I imagine you'll be wanting to get back to Los Angeles. We could have it delivered to the, uh... Martin Hotel. Will you be going back there?





From 5/30/1946 ( premiere US film "Somewhere in the Night" ) To 8/21/2002 ( premiere US film "One Hour Photo" ) is 20537 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 1/24/2022 ( TODAY, Monday ) is 20537 days



From 11/12/2010 ( premiere US film "Skyline" ) To 1/24/2022 ( ) is 4091 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 1/14/1977 ( premiere US TV series pilot "Fantasy Island" ) is 4091 days



From 2/13/1896 ( The Board of Trustees officially change the name of the College of New Jersey to Princeton University ) To 7/29/2008 ( video premiere USA: "Stargate: Continuum" ) is 41074 days

41074 = 20537 + 20537

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 1/24/2022 ( ) is 20537 days



From 5/2/2014 ( for me personally as Kerry Burgess - my first day in new-construction Phase II apartment at complex I've lived beginning 09/27/2013 ) To 1/24/2022 ( ) is 2824 days

2824 = 1412 + 1412

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 9/14/1969 ( premiere US TV series "The Bold Ones: The New Doctors" ) is 1412 days



From 3/16/1991 ( from the thoughts in my conscious mind, coinciding with United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric doctor medical drugs: my first successful major test of my ultraspace matter transportation device as Kerry Wayne Burgess the successful Ph.D. graduate and possibly the date of the secret, doctorate-degree credential from Princeton University, I can only theorize, struggling to understand ) To 1/24/2022 ( ) is 11272 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 9/12/1996 ( NASCAR champion Jeff Gordon is the first racecar driver to speak at Princeton University, giving a talk on “the human side of engineering” in the parking lot between the Engineering Quad and Bowen Hall ) is 11272 days



https://twitter.com/NASA/status/1485677058105778178

Twitter

NASA Webb Telescope

@NASAWebb

Launched: Dec. 25, 2021. First images: Expected in Summer 2022. Follow along as the world's most powerful space telescope gets ready to #UnfoldTheUniverse!

Today’s the day: @NASAWebb is arriving at its destination! Wondering what comes next? Hear from mission experts:

3pm ET (20:00 UTC): #NASAScience Live episode. Submit questions using #UnfoldTheUniverse

4pm ET (21:00 UTC): Media telecon

10:13 AM Jan 24, 2022



https://twitter.com/NASAWebb/status/1485695028622209032

Twitter

NASA Webb Telescope

@NASAWebb

Launched: Dec. 25, 2021. First images: Expected in Summer 2022. Follow along as the world's most powerful space telescope gets ready to #UnfoldTheUniverse!

Home, home on Lagrange! We successfully completed our burn to start #NASAWebb on its orbit of the 2nd Lagrange point (L2), about a million miles (1.5 million km) from Earth. It will orbit the Sun, in line with Earth, as it orbits L2.

https://blogs.nasa.gov/webb/2022/01/24/orbital-insertion-burn-a-success-webb-arrives-at-l2

#UnfoldTheUniverse

Animation: Webb Pan Past at L2 Point

This animation illustrates the location of Webb's destination, the second Lagrange point: It shows Earth in the mid-ground, and the Sun in the background.

11:24 AM Jan 24, 2022






One_Hour_Photo_movie .jpg, from internet





https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0265459/releaseinfo

IMDb

One Hour Photo (2002)

Release Info

USA 21 August 2002 (limited)

Full Cast & Crew

Robin Williams ... Seymour Parrish





https://blogs.princeton.edu/mudd/2015/02/this-week-in-princeton-history-for-february-9-15/

Mudd Manuscript Library Blog

News from the Princeton University Archives & Public Policy Papers Collection

This Week in Princeton History for February 9-15

Posted on February 9, 2015 by April C. Armstrong *14

February 13, 1896 - The Board of Trustees officially change the name of the College of New Jersey to Princeton University.





https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9420278/quotes

IMDb

Star Trek: Picard (TV Series)

The End Is the Beginning (2020)

Quotes

Jean-Luc Picard: You were the XO of a heavy cruiser?

Cristóbal Rios: The ibn Majid. You never heard of it because it doesn't exist. Starfleet erased it from the records.

Jean-Luc Picard: Do I detect a certain bitterness towards Starfleet? You must know that Starfleet and I long since have parted ways.

Cristóbal Rios: If you say so. I really don't give a damn.

Jean-Luc Picard: Oh, really? I see this ship is impeccably maintained, every bolt, and clasp, and fitting in place. Everything stowed in regulation Starfleet order. I don't know what happened to you, Rios, or the ibn Majid, but five minutes on this ship, and I know precisely what I'm looking at. You are Starfleet to the core. I can smell it on you.

Cristóbal Rios: That's just my tragic sense of life. Raffi warned me you were a speechmaker.






Roman_bronze_copy_of_Myron’s_Discobolos,_2nd_century_CE_(Glyptothek_Munich) .jpg, from internet

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discobolus





From 2/28/1956 ( Dwight Eisenhower, 34th President of USA: Remarks on Receiving Statue Presented by President Gronchi on Behalf of the Italian People ) To 7/19/1989 ( the United Airlines Flight 232 crash in Sioux City Iowa and from the thoughts in my conscious mind, coinciding with United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric doctor medical drugs: the end of Kerry Burgess - *me* - the natural human being cloned from another human being {Thomas Reagan} ) is 12195 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 3/24/1999 ( ) is 12195 days



From 4/13/1917 ( Woodrow Wilson, 28th President of USA: Executive Order 2594 - Creating Committee on Public Information ) To 1/22/1984 ( Apple Corporation's tv-advertisement during Super Bowl 18 ) is 24390 days

24390 = 12195 + 12195

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 3/24/1999 ( ) is 12195 days



From 11/22/1996 ( premiere US film "Star Trek: First Contact" ) To 3/24/1999 ( ) is 852 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 3/3/1968 ( premiere US TV series episode "Mission: Impossible"::"The Phoenix" ) is 852 days



From 7/4/1963 ( premiere US film "The Great Escape" ) To 11/22/1996 ( premiere US film "Star Trek: First Contact" ) is 12195 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 3/24/1999 ( ) is 12195 days



From 3/3/1959 ( the birthdate in Hawaii of my biological brother Thomas Reagan ) To 7/22/1992 ( George Bush, 41st President of USA: Executive Order 12812 - Declassification and Release of Materials Pertaining to Prisoners of War and Missing in Action ) is 12195 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 3/24/1999 ( ) is 12195 days



From 12/25/1991 ( from the thoughts in my conscious mind, coinciding with United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric doctor medical drugs: in non-aviator related duties boots on the ground as United States Marine Corps chief warrant officer Kerry Wayne Burgess I was prisoner of war in Croatia ) To 3/24/1999 ( ) is 2646 days

2646 = 1323 + 1323

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 6/17/1969 ( Richard Nixon, 37th President of USA: Remarks at the Presentation of the Young American Medals for Bravery and Service ) is 1323 days



From 12/9/1946 ( first powered flight of the United States and Bell Aircraft X-1 rocket-engine-powered aircraft ) To 3/24/1999 ( ) is 19098 days

19098 = 9549 + 9549

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 12/25/1991 ( from the thoughts in my conscious mind, coinciding with United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric doctor medical drugs: in non-aviator related duties boots on the ground as United States Marine Corps chief warrant officer Kerry Wayne Burgess I was prisoner of war in Croatia ) is 9549 days



From 5/14/1992 ( the Intelsat 6 successful rescue during US space shuttle Endeavour orbiter vehicle mission STS-49 includes me Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps officer and United States STS-49 pilot astronaut and my 1st official United States of America National Aeronautics and Space Administration orbital flight of 4 overall ) To 3/24/1999 ( ) is 2505 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 9/11/1972 ( premiere US TV series "The Rookies" ) is 2505 days



From 12/20/1994 ( from the thoughts in my conscious mind, coinciding with United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric doctor medical drugs: in non-aviator related duties boots on the ground in Bosnia as Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps captain this day is my United States Navy Cross medal date of record ) To 3/24/1999 ( ) is 1555 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 2/4/1970 ( premiere US film "Patton" ) is 1555 days



From 7/31/1961 ( the debut of the IBM Delectric typewriter ) To 12/20/1994 ( from the thoughts in my conscious mind, coinciding with United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric doctor medical drugs: in non-aviator related duties boots on the ground in Bosnia as Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps captain this day is my United States Navy Cross medal date of record ) is 12195 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 3/24/1999 ( ) is 12195 days



From 10/18/1954 ( premiere US TV series "Sherlock Holmes" & Texas Instruments announces the Regency TR-1 - the first commercial transistor radio ) To 3/8/1988 ( as me, Kerry Burgess, while enlisted paygrade E-5, designated Petty Officer Second Class Fire Controlman (FC2), my official enlisted United States Navy documents includes: Terrier MK 152 guided-missiles Fire Control Computer Complex Operator (UNIVAC digital-computers Mk152 Terrier System for, primarily, SM2-ER {Extended Range} Standard Missiles ordnance) - CF-division, Missile Plot, USS Wainwright CG-28, United States Navy, following my graduation Naval Missiles School, Dam Neck, Virginia ) is 12195 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 3/24/1999 ( ) is 12195 days



https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0133093/releaseinfo

IMDb

The Matrix (1999)

Release Info

USA 24 March 1999 (Westwood, California) (premiere)





https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Committee_on_Public_Information

Committee on Public Information

From Wikipedia

The Committee on Public Information (1917–1919), also known as the CPI or the Creel Committee, was an independent agency of the government of the United States under the Wilson administration created to influence public opinion to support the US in World War I, in particular, the US home front.

In just over 26 months, from April 14, 1917, to June 30, 1919, it used every medium available to create enthusiasm for the war effort and to enlist public support against the foreign and perceived domestic attempts to stop America's participation in the war. It is a notable example of propaganda in the United States.





https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0133093/quotes

IMDb

The Matrix (1999)

Quotes

Agent Smith: Did you know that the first Matrix was designed to be a perfect human world? Where none suffered, where everyone would be happy. It was a disaster. No one would accept the program. Entire crops were lost. Some believed we lacked the programming language to describe your perfect world. But I believe that, as a species, human beings define their reality through suffering and misery. The perfect world was a dream that your primitive cerebrum kept trying to wake up from. Which is why the Matrix was redesigned to this: the peak of your civilization. I say your civilization, because as soon as we started thinking for you it really became our civilization, which is of course what this is all about. Evolution, Morpheus, evolution. Like the dinosaur. Look out that window. You've had your time. The future is *our* world, Morpheus. The future is our time.





The Matrix (1999)

(from internet transcript)

After nine years... you know what I realize? Ignorance is bliss.

Then we have a deal.

I don't want to remember nothing. Nothing. You understand? And I want to be rich. You know, someone important. Like an actor.

Whatever you want, Mr. Reagan.

Okay. You get my body back in a power plant... reinsert me into the Matrix... I'll get you what you want.

Access codes to the Zion mainframe.

No. I told you, I don't know them. I can get you the man who does. Morpheus.





From 7/1/1960 ( premiere US TV series episode "The Twilight Zone"::"A World of His Own" ) To 5/12/1991 ( from the thoughts in my conscious mind, coinciding with United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric doctor medical drugs: disguised as McLaren driver Ayrton Senna, I was the winning race driver at the Formula One Monaco Grand Prix ) is 11272 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 9/12/1996 ( ) is 11272 days



From 10/28/1967 ( Julia Roberts ) To 9/12/1996 ( ) is 10547 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 9/18/1994 ( premiere US TV series episode "Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman"::"Madame Ex" ) is 10547 days



From 9/23/1992 ( premiere US TV series "Mad About You" ) To 9/12/1996 ( ) is 1450 days

1450 = 725 + 725

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 10/28/1967 ( Julia Roberts ) is 725 days



From 5/5/1960 ( the Soviet Union Premier Khrushchev announces that an American military plane had been shot down on 1 May 1960 over Soviet Union territory ) To 3/16/1991 ( from the thoughts in my conscious mind, coinciding with United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric doctor medical drugs: my first successful major test of my ultraspace matter transportation device as Kerry Wayne Burgess the successful Ph.D. graduate and possibly the date of the secret, doctorate-degree credential from Princeton University, I can only theorize, struggling to understand ) is 11272 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 9/12/1996 ( ) is 11272 days



From 6/29/1995 ( the Mir space station docking of the United States space shuttle Atlantis orbiter vehicle mission STS-71 includes me Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps officer and United States STS-71 pilot astronaut and my 3rd official United States of America National Aeronautics Space Administration orbital flight of 4 overall ) To 9/12/1996 ( ) is 441 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 1/17/1967 ( premiere US TV series "The Invaders" ) is 441 days



https://blogs.princeton.edu/mudd/2014/09/this-week-in-princeton-history-for-september-8-14/

Mudd Manuscript Library Blog

News from the Princeton University Archives & Public Policy Papers Collection

This Week in Princeton History for September 8-14

Posted on September 8, 2014 by April C. Armstrong *14

September 12, 1996 - NASCAR champion Jeff Gordon is the first racecar driver to speak at Princeton University, giving a talk on “the human side of engineering” in the parking lot between the Engineering Quad and Bowen Hall.





http://history.state.gov/historicaldocuments/frus1964-68v14/d26

U.S. DEPARTMENT OF STATE

OFFICE of the HISTORIAN

Khrushchev has also shown a penchant for clever stratagems designed to entrap and confuse opponents and to increase pressures on them to grant concessions. His exploitation of the U–2 incident was intended to produce a storm of protests against US policy and to embarrass President Eisenhower on the eve of the Paris summit conference. Khrushchev confined his initial announcement of the shoot-down to bare details and then sat back to await the expected disavowal from Washington. After the US issued the cover story of a missing NASA research U–2, Khrushchev announced that he had withheld information that the pilot and aircraft were in Soviet hands, “because had we told everything at once, the Americans would have invented another version; just look how many silly things they have said.”





from my private journal, as me, Kerry Burgess, typed after being released from the USA Veterans Affairs psychiatric hospital enduring many months sitting in a grungy two-computer room in a homeless shelter on the waterfront in downtown Seattle:

From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Sunday, May 21, 2006 11:04 AM

To: Kerry Burgess

Subject: Re: Journal May 21, 2006

Kerry Burgess wrote:

I think it was my first thought after waking up this morning that I used to date Julia Roberts a long time ago.

I also have these unexplained thoughts that I was a fighter pilot in the U.S. military, although I'm not sure which service, but I may have been in two different branches over time. I am also confused about thoughts that I may have been a helicopter pilot. What's next? A space shuttle pilot? Seems like a lot for someone that is only 40. And, while I am not sure when this divergence happened, I am reasonably certain it was before I turned 33. So I must have been a pretty busy guy. Especially because I have thoughts that I was some kind of mathmetician too. I have these thoughts too that I was captured by enemy forces at some point and tortured while in captivity.





https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0734553/quotes

IMDb

The Twilight Zone (TV Series)

A World of His Own (1960)

Quotes

Rod Serling: We hope you enjoyed tonight's romantic story on The Twilight Zone. At the same time, we want you to realize that it was, of course, purely fictional. In real life, such ridiculous nonsense could never...

Gregory West: Rod, you shouldn't!

[Gregory interrupts Rod Serling. He walks over to his safe and pulls out a tape marked Rod Serling]

Gregory West: I mean, you shouldn't say such things as "nonsense" and "ridiculous!"






movie03_2122 .jpg, from internet


movie03_2129 .jpg, from internet


movie03_2134 .jpg, from internet


movie03_2136 .jpg, from internet





http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/Stargate:_Continuum_Transcript

STARGATE WIKI

Stargate: Continuum (07/29/2008)

EXT—SPACE NEAR EARTH

[Ba'al's fleet exits hyperspace inside the orbit of Earth's moon. There are dozens if not hundreds of ships.]

INT—COMMAND ROOM, BA'AL'S MOTHERSHIP

[Ba'al addresses all of his System Lords: Ra, Camulus, Yu, Cronus, Nirrti, as Qetesh looks on from her throne chair. Teal'c stands near Ba'al.]

BA'AL
There it is, my friends. This little world in the middle of nowhere, lost and forgotten until now.

QETESH
Thanks to our Lord Ba'al, it is ours to enslave and pillage as we please.

NIIRTI
It is an abomination they have been allowed to breed to such numbers.





BA'AL
Their Stargate has been buried for centuries, and was subsequently involved in an… unfortunate boating accident. Hence, they have been completely cut off from us. They know nothing of the Goa'uld.

CAMULUS
Nevertheless, they are far too many to control.

QETESH
We'll just blast them to the brink of extinction.

BA'AL
That will not be necessary.

QETESH
But it would be enjoyable.

NIIRTI
I agree.

BA'AL
(smiling, chiding)
You are all so stuck in your ways. If we were to wipe them out by the billions, the survivors would despise us for all eternity. I know something of these people. I have studied them for some time. If we give them cause to fight, they will fight to the bitter end, but if we promise them a grand future, if we offer them our loving kindness, then I assure you, my friends, they'll fall for it completely.





https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1564585/quotes

IMDb

Skyline (2010)

Quotes

Oliver: All right. Let's say we make it out of the building... across the marina, down the docks, we even find your friend's boat and everything. Then what?

Jarrod: We get the hell away from here!

Oliver: Where to? Catalina? Down the coast?

Jarrod: Anywhere but here! Any place is better than staying here!

Oliver: How do you know? How do you know those things will not follow us? How do you know this isn't happening all over the world?





https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1564585/quotes

IMDb

Skyline (2010)

Quotes

[last lines]

Elaine: Jarrod?





I Am Legend (1954)

by Richard Matheson

Chapter 17

"Well, what about Cortman?" she asked

He looked at her blankly. "Cortman?"

"You were going to tell me something about him and the cross."

"Oh. Well, one night I got him in here and showed him the cross."

"What happened?"





I Am Legend (1954)

by Richard Matheson

Chapter 17

"When I showed him the cross," he said, "he laughed in my face."

She nodded once.

"But when I held a torah before his eyes, I got the reaction I wanted."

"A what?"

"A torah. Tablet of law, I believe it is."

"And that... got a reaction?"

"Yes



- posted by me, Kerry Burgess 5:25 PM Pacific-time USA Monday 01/24/2022