Saturday, January 14, 2012

Time before time before time.




As many of you dullards should know already, the actress Mary Steenburgen is the romantic interest of "Doc Brown" in the 25 May 1990 film the racketeering production "Back to the Future III" and she portrays a main character of that production.

In that 1978 film "Time After Time," set in San Francisco California, as is the 26 November 1986 film the racketeering production "Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home," which she is not an actress in, she portrays in the 1978 film "Time After Time" an employee of an England-based bank and she is introduced first because she is in charge of foreign currency conversion and that is where "H.G. Wells" in that film goes around to searching for "John." She is introduced in the scenes as "H.G. Wells" looks to a photo of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II that is on the wall of the bank, which is on a day following when he seems to be cold because he has to sleep in the park because he has no money.

The dialog has already established a lot of drama associated with the character "John." He is the one "H.G. Wells" goes back in time for to find. "H.G. Wells" has already explained that he doesn't have the nerve to actually time-travel in the machine he created. Only after "John" secretly travels away with it does "H.G. Wells" make his first time travel trip, which is possible only because "H.G. Wells" put a key device in his pocket on his person and because he retained that key device on his person, the time-travel machine returned to the location where it started from, as the dialog established.

Also, as I was watching "H.G. Wells" make his first time-travel journey in his machine he created I started thinking that I have seen that film before. Nothing else is familiar about that film but after the special effects I saw associated with the time-travel machine I started thinking that is a forgettable film that I remember the special effects.

I also think now about echoes. Those are echoes of information I discuss with people in the past.

In the future, relative to this present day, I time-travel to the past and I discuss with certain people my observations from the future.

But there are more observations I will make between today and that day I actually jump back to the past.

Those observations in the future of today is the information that is echoed in some of those productions.

I struggle now to make sense of it in the very same sense I know that I will someday time-travel to the past.










1978 film "Time After Time" DVD video:

00:38:53


John Leslie Stevenson: Bless my soul.

H.G. Wells: May I come in?

John Leslie Stevenson: Certainly, certainly. You were literally the last person on earth I expected to see. You've given me quite a turn. Now that I think of it there was no way of preventing the machine from returning I haven't the key.

H.G. Wells: No.

John Leslie Stevenson: You do manage to find the nerve after all - after I tested your machine for you. And how did you manage to track me down once you got here? That was brilliant. We must add detective to your list of accomplishments. You're a regular Sherlock Holmes.