Thursday, August 16, 2012

"Police Story: The Watch Commander"




http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/august/17/newsid_4537000/4537597.stm

BBC


ON THIS DAY 17 August


1998: Clinton admits Lewinsky affair

President of the United States Bill Clinton has admitted having an inappropriate relationship with former White House intern Monica Lewinsky.

In a televised address Mr Clinton told the American people that he took full responsibility for his actions.

He said: "Indeed I did have a relationship with Ms Lewinsky that was not appropriate. In fact, it was wrong."

Aides close to the president now hope the confession will bring an end to the investigation into Mr Clinton's affairs, brought by independent prosecutor Kenneth Starr.

Mr Starr's four-year inquiry began as an investigation into land deals by Hillary and Bill Clinton when he was governor of Arkansas.

It moved onto his personal life when Mr Starr began to investigate allegations that Mr Clinton had had sexual relations with Monica Lewinsky and then lied about it under oath in a sexual harassment case brought by Paula Jones in 1994.

'I misled the people'

The president's confession follows months of denial. On 26 January this year, Mr Clinton categorically denied having sexual relations with Miss Lewinsky.

Appearing serious and contrite, Mr Clinton told the American people: "I misled people, including my wife. I deeply regret that.

He concluded: "This matter is between me, the two people I love most - my wife and my daughter - and our God."

He said he had not come clean earlier because he was embarrassed but he denied he had asked anyone to lie about the relationship.

He also criticised Mr Starr and the investigation, which so far has cost £25m.



http://www.chron.com/CDA/archives/archive.mpl?id=1998_3076867


chron Houston Chronicle Archives


Clinton tells nation he was wrong / President admits improper behavior in Lewinsky case

JOHN C. HENRY, Houston Chronicle Washington Bureau Staff

TUE 08/18/1998 Houston Chronicle


WASHINGTON - With his presidency at risk, President Clinton reversed course Monday and acknowledged engaging in sex with former White House intern Monica Lewinsky, then apologized publicly for a relationship that he denied under oath earlier this year.

"I did have a relationship with Miss Lewinsky that was not appropriate. In fact, it was wrong," the president said in a televised address after more than four hours of grand jury testimony. But he said that he never urged anyone to lie or cover up the affair.

The president's admission, first made during the unprecedented testimony before a federal grand jury, apparently did not satisfy independent counsel Kenneth Starr, who is preparing a report for Congress outlining what could be impeachable offenses.



http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=19980818&slug=2767264


The Seattle Times


Tuesday, August 18, 1998

Clinton: `I Misled People' -- ''I Did Have A Relationship With Ms. Lewinsky That Was Not Appropriate.'' -- First Lady Says She's `Committed To Her Marriage'

By Peter Baker

The Washington Post

WASHINGTON - In a five-minute speech flavored more with anger than remorse, President Clinton acknowledged last night that he had had an inappropriate relationship with onetime intern Monica Lewinsky and deceived the American people about it, but he defiantly challenged independent counsel Kenneth Starr to stop "prying into private lives."










http://www.oldielyrics.com/lyrics/blood_sweat_tears/youve_made_me_so_very_happy.html


OldieLyrics


BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS

"You've Made Me So Very Happy"


I lost at love before
Got mad and closed the door
But you said "Try, just once more"
I chose you for the one
Now we're having so much fun
You treated me so kind
I'm about to lose my mind
You made me so very happy
I'm so glad you came into my life
The others were untrue
But when it came to loving you
I'd spend my whole life with you
'Cause you came and you took control
You touched my very soul
You always showed me that
Loving you is where it's at
You made me so very happy
I'm so glad you came into my life
Thank you, babe
Yeah, yeah
I love you so much you see
You're even in my dreams
I can hear you
I can hear you callin' me
I'm so in love with you
All I ever want to do is
Thank you babe, thank you babe
[Instrumental Interlude]
You made me so very happy
I'm so glad you came into my life
You made me so very happy
You made me so so, so very happy, babe
I'm so glad you came
Into my life
I want to thank you, girl
Every day of my life
I want to thank you
You made me so very happy










http://www.oldielyrics.com/lyrics/blood_sweat_tears/spinning_wheel.html


OldieLyrics


BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS

"Spinning Wheel"


What goes up must come down
Spinnin' wheel got to go 'round
Talkin' 'bout your troubles it's a cryin' sin
Ride a painted pony let the spinnin' wheel spin
You got no money and you got no home
Spinnin' wheel all alone
Talkin' 'bout your troubles and you never learn
Ride a painted pony let the spinnin' wheel turn
Did you find the directing sign on the
Straight and narrow highway
Would you mind a reflecting sign
Just let it shine within your mind
And show you the colors that are real
Someone is waiting just for you
Spinnin' wheel, spinnin' true










http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=52381&st=navy+cross

The American Presidency Project

William J. Clinton [ RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 ]

XLII President of the United States: 1993 - 2001 [ RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 ]


Remarks at the Funeral Service for Admiral Arleigh A. Burke in Annapolis, Maryland

January 4, 1996


Later, while serving under Admiral Marc Mitscher, Arleigh Burke pulled shipmates from the flaming aftermath of kamikaze attacks and helped plan the war's concluding battles at Philippine Sea, Leyte, Iwo Jima, and Okinawa. For that extraordinary heroism and grand vision, he earned the Navy Cross










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0050894/quotes

IMDb


Memorable quotes for

The Revenge of Frankenstein (1958)


Legless Patient: [shouts] How can I do me dance without me legs?

Slensky: Got to learn to sing!










http://www.snpp.com/episodes/4F02.html

Treehouse of Horror VII

Original airdate in U.S.: 27-Oct-96


The next morning, Marge and the kids watch a portable TV in the
kitchen.

Kent: Kent Brockman here, with Campaign '96: America Flips A Coin. At an appearance this morning, Bill Clinton made some rather cryptic remarks, which aides attributed to an overly tight necktie.

Kodos: I am Clin-Ton. As overlord, all will kneel trembling before me and obey my brutal commands. [crosses arms] End communication.

Marge: Hmm, that's Slick Willie for you, always with the smooth talk.





- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 9:10 PM Pacific Time USA Thursday 16 August 2012