Saturday, February 23, 2013

This is for your step-mom, you little punk.





I don't really know where I'm going with this. But then I thought of that title for this note and the rest of these two lines seem less important, as I wrote everything else in these two lines before I thought of the title.

You can't fight them directly. You can't try to out-think them. They cause thoughts in your mind. Thoughts in your mind are caused by them. For some reason, I can distinquish the difference, when I want to.





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Thursday, February 09, 2006 3:51 PM

To: Kerry Burgess

Subject: Re: Sleep journal - 2/9/06


Kerry Burgess wrote:
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=foreign

foreign

Situated in an abnormal or improper place in the body and typically introduced from outside: a foreign object in the eye

relating to or originating in or characteristic of another place

not contained in or deriving from the essential nature of something

not belonging to that in which it is contained; introduced from an outside source


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 09 February 2006 excerpt ends]










http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/SGA_1.01_%22Rising_Parts_1_And_2%22_Transcript


STARGATE WIKI


SGA 1.01 "Rising Parts 1 And 2" Transcript



INT—ATLANTIS CONTROL ROOM

MCKAY
The shield is collapsing!

EXT—ATLANTIS OCEAN

[The city shakes free of the ocean bottom, knocking several of the inhabitants off their feet. It rises slowly.]

INT—ATLANTIS CONTROL ROOM

[People help each other to their feet. Grodin heads to the city's DHD.]

GRODIN
I'm dialing an address.

WEIR
(calling from below)
No, wait.

MCKAY
She's right.

EXT—ATLANTIS OCEAN

[The city continues to rise from the depths of the ocean.]

INT—ATLANTIS

SHEPPARD
We're moving!

EXT—ATLANTIS OCEAN, DAY

[The city breaks through the surface. Daylight streams through the windows as the city continues to reach for the sky.]

INT—ATLANTIS CONTROL AND GATE ROOM

[Everyone looks on in wonder at the light around them. Systems again turn on. Sheppard, Jinto, Weir, McKay, Grodin, and Ford move to a window. They watch as the lower portions of the city break through the surface.]

FORD
We're on the surface.

WEIR
I was hoping for another day. It looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 11/16/2006 7:30 PM


Why do I have specific “memories” about Pink Floyd? I “remember” driving a white car on a road through Oklahoma as we were coming back from visiting grandpa Fletcher. Melissa was in the front seat and Betty and Caitlin, probably Kayli too were sitting in the back. I was listening to Pink Floyd, a CD I guess, and told Melissa how much I enjoyed listening to them. Caitlin said she was tired of hearing them. Years earlier, Jim Shea, formerly of Hollywood, FL, had given me Pink Floyd’s “The Final Cut” CD for my birthday. I can “remember” thinking many times about how disappointing it was they didn’t still create new music.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pink_Floyd


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 16 November 2006 excerpt ends]





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Posted by H.V.O.M at 7:35 AM Monday, August 30, 2010


Pink Floyd "The Division Bell" (1994)





http://www.chron.com/CDA/archives/archive.mpl?id=1994_1194347

chron

Houston Chronicle Archives

`Division Bell' rings like Floyd, minus the edge

RICK MITCHELL Staff

MON 04/04/1994

HOUSTON CHRONICLE

The rock world has been turned on its ear in the seven years since Pink Floyd last released an album of new material.


Then again, Pink Floyd - a British band of geezers conceived in the psychedelic '60s and nurtured in the progressive-rock '70s - was already something of an anachronism when A Momentary Lapse of Reason was released in 1987. That album went on to sell more than 2 million copies.

Come to think of it, Floyd's magnum opus, Dark Side of the Moon, still sells about a million copies a year worldwide more than 20 years after its release.

So, however tempting it might be, it would be unwise to dismiss The Division Bell - due out Tuesday on Columbia Records - as irrelevant. There is a large segment of the rock audience for whom the "alternative" is still just that, and bands such as Floyd represent the proud remnants of the prog-rock mainstream.

For proof, just listen to Houston's so-called album-rock radio stations, which still play Dark Side of the Moon and/or The Wall on a daily basis.

Or ask any of the 40,000-plus fans who will be at Rice Stadium Tuesday night for the third date on Floyd's American tour in support of The Division Bell.


"What do you want from me?" Gilmour asks grumpily on the album's introductory track. "Do you think I know something you don't know?"


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 30 August 2010 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: http://hvom.blogspot.com/2012/04/ringing-of-division-bell-had-begun.html - posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 6:14 PM Pacific Time USA Tuesday 24 April 2012



The ringing of the division bell had begun. Stupid dummies.




In recent days I have started to feel a sense of confidence that a plague of cannibalistic zombies is *not* the fate of this planet.

I still feel that 100% of the population of this region (minus me and one other person - as figures for the duration and that does not include certain figures that I alone will ensure escape while I remain) will become zombies.

But, as I have thought for many years, and that I think of again specifically in recent days, the nature of the zombies is they are simply automatons.

Their objective? I am not certain.

I think of a lot of things.

With no exception I think they will congregate into downtown Seattle.

As for what they do there I have had some thoughts but I am not really that certain. I imagine they will need food to survive. Other times I imagine they will not need food. But I feel more confident they will. And I think about how since they are automatons then there will be an organization that will provide their basic necessities. As for what they will be doing during all that time, which sometimes I think could be as much as five years, then I am not as certain. What I am certain about is that I will be lurking around here during that time and there will be one day when I will know to stand on that hill in Queen Anne overlooking downtown Seattle. I think to myself about the difference between me and them. I think about how they probably are mesmerized into their lives. They are listening to the ringing of the division bell.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 24 April 2012 excerpt ends]










http://www.azlyrics.com/p/pinkfloyd.html


PINK FLOYD


album: "The Division Bell" (1994)

What Do You Want From Me
Poles Apart
A Great Day For Freedom
Wearing The Inside Out
Take It Back
Coming Back To Life
Keep Talking
Lost For Words
High Hopes





http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/pinkfloyd/highhopes.html


PINK FLOYD


"High Hopes"

Beyond the horizon of the place we lived when we were young
In a world of magnets and miracles
Our thoughts strayed constantly and without boundary
The ringing of the division bell had begun

Along the Long Road and on down the Causeway
Do they still meet there by the Cut

There was a ragged band that followed in our footsteps
Running before time took our dreams away
Leaving the myriad small creatures trying to tie us to the ground
To a life consumed by slow decay

The grass was greener
The light was brighter
With friends surrounded
The nights of wonder

Looking beyond the embers of bridges glowing behind us
To a glimpse of how green it was on the other side
Steps taken forwards but sleepwalking back again
Dragged by the force of some inner tide

At a higher altitude with flag unfurled
We reached the dizzy heights of that dreamed of world

Encumbered forever by desire and ambition
There's a hunger still unsatisfied
Our weary eyes still stray to the horizon
Though down this road we've been so many times

The grass was greener
The light was brighter
The taste was sweeter
The nights of wonder
With friends surrounded
The dawn mist glowing
The water flowing
The endless river

Forever and ever










http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/SGA_1.01_%22Rising_Parts_1_And_2%22_Transcript


STARGATE WIKI


SGA 1.01 "Rising Parts 1 And 2" Transcript


INT—WRAITH DINING ROOM

[Sumner is led to a large room. There is food set up on a table, including the head of a mastadge. The skeletal remains of Toran sit on a chair. Sumner recognizes him by his clothes. He warily looks around. There is a darkened ceiling with several interlocking triangular honeycombs. He starts at a noise and turns around. Behind his back a Wraith Queen leaps down to the floor. She has similar features to the male Wraith, but her hair is red. He feels her presence and turns to face her, frightened.]

WRAITH QUEEN
You must feel hunger by now.

[She snarls at him.]










http://www.chron.com/CDA/archives/archive.mpl?id=1994_1238196

chron Houston Chronicle Archives

Union, S.C., case prompts children's fears of murdering moms

LENA WILLIAMS New York Times

FRI 11/11/1994 HOUSTON CHRONICLE

The confessed killing of two little boys by their mother in Union, S.C., horrified the nation last week.

The incident may also have terrified youngsters across the country.

"Is Mommy going to kill me?" some children reportedly have been asking teachers, nannies, parents and older siblings in the wake of the deaths.





http://www.script-o-rama.com/movie_scripts/t/time-machine-script-transcript-wells.html


The Time Machine


Those animals run machines?
They are Morlocks.
- Have you ever seen the machines?
- No, only heard of them.
- Who told you?
- The rings.
- What sort of rings?
- Rings that talk.





http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/H/Hudsucker_Proxy_The.html


Hudsucker Proxy The


When you're dead, you stay dead.
You don't believe me, ask Waring Hudsucker.
Tough luck, kid.
You had a short climb up.
It's a long way down.
- You can't print that! - We are! She hits the streets tonight.
And she's dynamite!
But it's the bunk! Norville showed me his design for the whatsit the day I met him.
Buzz couldn't have invented it. Look at him, he's an imbecile.
Aren't you a broken record?





http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0370071/bio

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Biography for

Stephen Hawking

Date of Birth

8 January 1942, Oxford, Oxfordshire, England, UK

Birth Name

Stephen William Hawking





http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0590796/bio

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Biography for

Yvette Mimieux

Date of Birth

8 January 1942, Hollywood, California, USA

Birth Name

Yvette Carmen Mimieux





http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/pinkfloyd/keeptalking.html

PINK FLOYD


"Keep Talking"

For millions of years mankind lived just like the animals
Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination
We learned to talk

There's a silence surrounding me
I can't seem to think straight
I'll sit in the corner
No one can bother me
I think I should speak now
I can't seem to speak now
My words won't come out right
I feel like I'm drowning
I'm feeling weak now
But I can't show my weakness
I sometimes wonder
Where do we go from here

It doesn't have to be like this
All we need to do is make sure we keep talking

Why won't you talk to me
You never talk to me
What are you thinking
What are you feeling
Why won't you talk to me
You never talk to me
What are you thinking
Where do we go from here

It doesn't have to be like this
All we need to do is make sure we keep talking





http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110074/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

The Hudsucker Proxy (1994)


Norville: You know, for kids.










http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/SGA_1.01_%22Rising_Parts_1_And_2%22_Transcript


STARGATE WIKI


SGA 1.01 "Rising Parts 1 And 2" Transcript


INT—WRAITH DINING ROOM

WRAITH QUEEN
What do you call your world?

[Sumner does not answer. The queen approaches.]

WRAITH QUEEN
(hypnotic, echoing voice)
What do you call your world? What…do you call…your world?

[The echo repeats. Sumner struggles to resist.]

SUMNER
(strained)
Earth.

WRAITH QUEEN
It is not among our stars.

SUMNER
(with pained reluctance)
No.

WRAITH QUEEN
Tell me of Earth. How many more are there of your kind? Thousands? Millions?

[Sumner closes his eyes, wincing and shaking to resist her.]

WRAITH QUEEN
(triumphant)
More.

[Sumner opens his eyes, looking defeated. The queen is exultant.]

WRAITH QUEEN
Our feeding ground has not been so rich in ten thousand years.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 11:53 AM Pacific Time Seattle USA Saturday 23 February 2013