Sunday, April 14, 2013

Black Label




http://www.chakoteya.net/StarTrek/6.htm

The Man Trap

Stardate: 1513.1

Original Airdate: Sep 8, 1966


KIRK: Your wife, Professor. Where is she? Your wife, Professor. Where is she?

CRATER: She was the last of her kind.

KIRK: The last of her kind?

CRATER: The last of its kind. Earth history, remember? Like the passenger pigeon or buffalo. Ooh! I feel strange.

KIRK: Just stunned. You'll be able to think in a minute.

SPOCK: The Earth buffalo. What about it?

CRATER: Once there were millions of them prairies black with them. One herd covered three whole states, and when they moved they were like thunder.

SPOCK: And now they're gone. Is that what you mean?

CRATER: Like the creatures here. Once there were millions of them. Now there's one left. Nancy understood.

SPOCK: Always in the past tense.

KIRK: Where's your wife? Where is she now?

CRATER: Dead. Buried up on the hill. It killed her.

KIRK: When?










http://www.cswap.com/1987/The_Untouchables/cap/en/25fps/a/01_35

The Untouchables


1:35:14
- What's this?
- Empty all your pockets, all of it.

1:35:18
- I've got a permit for that.
- Fine, let's see it.

1:35:24
- I'm not the one under indictment.
- Everything on the table.

1:35:31
- Let me see.
- Give him his gun back.

1:35:34
"To Whom It May Concern.
Please extend to the bearer,"

1:35:36
"Mr Frank Nitti, all possible
courtesy and consideration."

1:35:40
"William Thompson,
Mayor of the City of Chicago."

1:35:42
I'm sorry, Mr Ness,
you'll have to give it back.



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094226/trivia

IMDb


The Untouchables (1987)

Quotes


Ness: I'm going to see you burn, you son of a bitch, because you killed my friend!

Frank Nitti: He died like a pig.

Ness: What did you say?

Frank Nitti: I said your friend died screaming like a stuck Irish pig. Now you think about that when I beat the rap.

[He runs a comb through his hair and walks toward the door. Ness, enraged, grabs him from behind and pushes him past the door]

Frank Nitti: Hey... hey!

[Ness propels him toward the ledge]

Frank Nitti: *Hey!

[Ness pushes him off the roof. He falls, screaming]

Ness: Did he sound anything like *that*?



http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/T/Timecop_1994.html


Timecop


Captain Lyle Atwood,|you are charged with violations...
of T.E.C. Code 40.8,|subsection nine...
time travel with intent|to alter the future.
Charges are compounded by your current|status as a time enforcement officer.
Does the defendant|have any statement?
- Tell her.|- Something to say on your own behalf?
- Yes.|- No.
Then I will pass sentence|as mandated by our charter.
Say something.|Come on. Say something!
The defendant has been|found guilty...
Take care of yourself, Max.
And is sentenced to death,|immediately.
Poor bastard.
Tomorrow might've been|a brighter day.



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094226/trivia

IMDb


The Untouchables (1987)

Quotes


George Stone: [after Ness has pushed Nitti off the roof and gone back in the courthouse] Where is Nitti?

Ness: He's in the car.










http://www.online-literature.com/crane/redbadge


THE LITERATURE NETWORK


Stephen Crane


The Red Badge of Courage


http://www.online-literature.com/crane/redbadge/10/


THE LITERATURE NETWORK


Literature Network » Stephen Crane » The Red Badge of Courage » Chapter 10


The simple questions of the tattered man had been knife thrusts to him. They asserted a society that probes pitilessly at secrets until all is apparent. His late companion's chance persistency made him feel that he could not keep his crime concealed in his bosom. It was sure to be brought plain by one of those arrows which cloud the air and are constantly pricking, discovering, proclaiming those things which are willed to be forever hidden. He admitted that he could not defend himself against this agency. It was not within the power of vigilance.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096073/quotes

IMDb


Memorable quotes for

The Seventh Sign (1988)


David Bannon: How can one who cared so little for life give hope to the world?





http://heroeswiki.com/Annie

Heroes Wiki


Annie

Annie was Claire's roommate who was murdered by a member of the Sullivan Bros. Carnival and fellow college student, Rebecca Taylor.


Jump, Push, Fall

Claire doesn't believe Annie committed suicide and is shocked when an Arlington detective shows her Annie's suicide note as she clearly remembers there being no note the night before. The next day Claire tells Sandra that she told Annie's parents about the note. Gretchen meets with Claire and also believes that Annie would never have killed herself, and so the two plan a way to figure out what happened. Claire later throws herself out her window to test the theory and after regenerating, she determines that Annie apparently did commit suicide after all.





http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/D/Dances_With_Wolves_1990_CD1.html


Dances With Wolves


Tomorrow, I will ride out to the Indians.
I do not know the wisdom of this thinking,
but I've become a target,
and a target makes a poor impression.
I am through waiting.
What are you looking at?
[Woman Singing]
[Singing]
Ahem.
Son of a bitch.
No. Wait.
Wait!
Wait. Wait.
[Crying]
Wait.
You need help. You're hurt.
Aah!
Uh! Uh!
Let me--
You need help.
You need help.
Let me help you.
Let me help you.
You're hurt.
You're hurt.





http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/G/Gremlins.html


Gremlins


Patriotic little fellow, ain't he?
Waving the flag and everything.
Be careful, Frank! He might tear your arm off.
You want me to put the cuffs on him?
Tell me. How come a cute guy like this...
...can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?
You see, this is before it enters the pupal stage.
Plus, it multiplies with water.
- Get the kid some water. - I wouldn't do that.
Sheriff's office.
Yeah, speaking.
What?
Yeah, sure, we'll be right over.
What happened?
The Futtermans.
Something about a snowplow. A freak accident.
It's the creatures!
The creatures are making it look like an accident!



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087363/quotes

IMDb


Memorable quotes for

Gremlins (1984)


Billy Peltzer: It's the creatures!

Sheriff Frank: [angered] Ah, the creatures.

Billy Peltzer: The creatures are making it look like an accident!





http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099348/fullcredits

IMDb


Full cast and crew for

Dances with Wolves (1990)


Mary McDonnell ... Stands With A Fist










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 14:24:34 -0700 (PDT)

From: "Kerry Burgess"

Subject: Re: Sleep journal 4/6/06

To: "Kerry Burgess"


Kerry Burgess wrote:

Details about my recent sleep are very fuzzy today. Can't remember for sure when I woke up. 3 am maybe. Or maybe shortly after midnight, can't really remember as I usually can. Remember dreaming something about driving my Jeep. Then I returned to it where it was parked in a parking lot after I was traveling through some passageways, hallways in a transit facility maybe. The only part I remember clearly is where a woman, I assume was my imaginary girlfriend asked me out for drinks or something.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 06 April 2006 excerpt ends]










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107798/releaseinfo

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Release dates for

The Pelican Brief (1993)

Country Date

USA 17 December 1993



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0212850/releaseinfo

IMDb


Release dates for

Caught in the Act! (1966)

Country Date

USA 13 May 1966 (Los Angeles, California)



http://www.chakoteya.net/StarTrek/21.htm

Tomorrow is Yesterday

Stardate: 3113.2

Original Airdate: Jan 26, 1967


[Sickbay]

MCCOY: Well, Jim, with the exception of a slight bruise or two, our Captain is as healthy as a proverbial horse. He'll be coming out of it in a minute or two.

KIRK: He tried to escape. I know how he feels, but I can't send him back with what he knows.

MCCOY: Jim, what if we can't go back? What do we do, sit up here and wait for our supplies to run out, our power to die? It has to eventually, you know. We certainly can't go back to Earth. It would be worse than the Captain being returned. There are four hundred and thirty of us, and that means four hundred and thirty chances of altering the future.

KIRK: Yes. But we're not in that position yet.

MCCOY: I'm glad to hear it.



http://www.orbital.com/SpaceLaunch/Pegasus/pegasus_history.shtml

Orbital

Pegasus

Pegasus Mission History

Flight # Launch Date Vehicle Payload Result


6 June 27, 1994 Pegasus XL STEP-1 Failure



http://www.chakoteya.net/StarTrek/21.htm

Tomorrow is Yesterday

Stardate: 3113.2

Original Airdate: Jan 26, 1967


SPOCK [OC]: Bridge to Captain Kirk.

KIRK: Kirk here. What is it, Mister Spock?

SPOCK [OC]: The aircraft has completely broken up, Captain. Shall we turn off the tractor beam?










http://www.chakoteya.net/movies/movie4.html

Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home


[Bird-of-Prey transporter room]

KIRK: Hello, Alice. Welcome to wonderland.
GILLIAN: Oh, it's true!
KIRK: Yes, it's true.
GILLIAN: What you said.
KIRK: Yes, it is. I'm glad you're here, but I must admit you picked a helluva time to drop in.



http://www.chakoteya.net/movies/movie4.html

Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home


KIRK: I can't go anywhere.
GILLIAN: What kind of spaceship is this?
KIRK: It's a spaceship with a missing man.










http://www.chakoteya.net/StarTrek/21.htm

Tomorrow is Yesterday

Stardate: 3113.2

Original Airdate: Jan 26, 1967


KIRK: Now you're sounding like Spock.

MCCOY: If you're going to get nasty, I'm going to leave.

KIRK: Could he be retrained to forget his family?










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Friday, October 19, 2007 Posted by H.V.O.M at 7:10 PM


She is wearing a blouse that looks just like a comforter I slept under for a lot of these years I have been deployed from home on this assignment.


http://gallery.phoebe-cates.com/v/current/70466003.jpg.html?g2_imageViewsIndex=1


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 19 October 2007 excerpt ends]



JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Friday, October 19, 2007 Posted by H.V.O.M at 7:10 PM


James Lapine directed the production, which began previews Feb. 9 and opened March 7.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 19 October 2007 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 14:24:34 -0700 (PDT)

From: "Kerry Burgess"

Subject: Re: Sleep journal 4/6/06

To: "Kerry Burgess"


Kerry Burgess wrote:

Details about my recent sleep are very fuzzy today. Can't remember for sure when I woke up. 3 am maybe. Or maybe shortly after midnight, can't really remember as I usually can. Remember dreaming something about driving my Jeep. Then I returned to it where it was parked in a parking lot after I was traveling through some passageways, hallways in a transit facility maybe. The only part I remember clearly is where a woman, I assume was my imaginary girlfriend asked me out for drinks or something. I told her we needed to keep it really casual though because all I had to wear was sweatpants. Kind of the downside to dating a homeless person I reflect now as I write this. She told me she would wear something with holes in it. I hope that was her in my dream, although the woman in the dream seemed to be someone unfamilar though. But I have noticed that happening with other people I know. They are represented, somehow, by a different person, but I think of them as someone specific. I feel like that is part of the manipulation. I have noticed something similar in real dreams, but I don't think it is the same here. I think they are disquising themselves in my dream for some reason. Anyway, if it really was her, she actually doesn't have to worry about dressing down if we were to go out. Of course, if I have my way, it would be a moot point because why would I want to go out with her when I am in such an ugly situation? At the minimum, I would want to be back to work so that I have regained some independence. And hey, next time you are in my dreams, dear imaginary girlfriend, how about wearing a bikini? Red would be good, or yellow maybe. That would be sweet!


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 6 April 2006 excerpt ends]










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0410297/quotes

IMDb


Memorable quotes for

The Lake House (2006)


Henry Wyler: Do you have a girlfriend?

Alex: Uh, you're going to think I'm crazy.










http://articles.latimes.com/1989-07-16/news/vw-5791_1_club-scene


Los Angeles Times


Women Who Man Club Doors Decide Who's In, Out

July 16, 1989 JEANNINE STEIN Times Staff Writer


In the too-trendy world of L.A. nightclubs, getting behind the ropes can make or break an evening out. Those who work the door hold the fate of all club-goers in their hands, determining with a flick of a hand who gets in and who stays out.

It's not a task for the faint-hearted and it's usually the domain of beefy guys named "Tiny" or Italian-suited men with moussed hair. The job description is alternately given as "being thrown to the wolves," "on the firing line" or "in the trenches."

On the Front Lines

But, if club war is hell, that hasn't stopped a few women from working the front lines.

When Djenat James worked at Nipper's, the exclusive champagne bar on Rodeo Drive, she got used to the shocked looks from men unaccustomed to finding a young woman running the door. "Sometimes when a man's standing there saying, 'No, you can't come in,' sometimes they'll take it easier from a woman," she says. "But then a lot of times they'd look at me and say, 'Get your superior.' And I'd say, 'You're looking at her.' It was always a shock, especially with the men, to see a woman doing this."

Caroline Clone recalls the time Richard Dreyfuss came to her club, Palette, one night when she was working the door. The actor didn't have enough money for the cover charge, and Clone told him to "go in and find your friends and leave your ID (at the door) because we have a policy," she recalls. "My staff was just laughing at me. I do not recognize celebrities."

Some Men Show No Respect

"Some men (who come to the club) don't have any sort of respect for women," says Janelle Thibodaux, who works the VIP door at the Apartment at the Stardust Ballroom. "Men don't seem to have any problem with pushing you out of the way or grabbing you. They think I'm this little girl, so I'll just walk right up the stairs and grab them by the shirt collar, and that kind of catches them by surprise."

British-born Caroline Clone is the principal owner of Palette, born a hip West Hollywood restaurant in the early '80s and reborn recently as a nightclub with a Caribbean restaurant on the way.

And although she oversees a large staff, she makes sure she's never far from the front lines herself.

"It's nice to check in and get back down there," she says over lunch at a West Hollywood cafe. "The last thing they expect is to see the owner of the club doing this. But I never want to lose touch with what's going on, and I want to let my staff see that I support them and that I can do it too. I've done every job there is to do in a nightclub."

The 30-year-old Clone (an adopted last name) cut her teeth on the British punk club scene when she was 16, deejaying at clubs like Louise's and Billy's, where the Sex Pistols reigned and she could dye her hair blue without anyone minding.

She came to the United States in 1980 to pursue a career in film costuming and fashion design, but found she missed the club scene. "I call it club addiction," she says. "Once you've been behind the scenes at a show, you can't forget it."

On a dollar bet she threw a bash at a local club that was a phenomenal success, and she was off again.

When she took over Palette earlier this month, she vowed that there would be no "snotty" attitude at her club, which has different theme nights throughout the week, some nights catering to a gay clientele.

'Check Everyone's ID'

"When I'm working with a new person, I never put them straight on the door," she explains. "They have to come in and train for three or four weeks; otherwise it's like throwing them to the wolves, literally. The first night I'll baby-sit them for the first part of the night. It's very, very important that they check everyone's ID."

Of the ability to work a door, "You can always tell if somebody's got it," Clone continues. "I don't want a tough, snotty kind of person. You've got to be able to size somebody up in 30 seconds, and if they're too stoned or don't look like they're going to mix in, you try to persuade them to come another night. Like if your mum and dad showed up and they think it's ballroom dance night, we're not going to take their money."

Abuse From Patrons

While working the door at various clubs, Clone has taken her share of abuse from patrons who don't seem to care that she's a woman, letting out strings of epithets, demanding to be let in while intoxicated, threatening discrimination suits. She also deals with police officers who field occasional complaints from neighbors about the noise.

Palette keeps an open-door policy with guests; there is no picking and choosing from a mob outside.

But the latest in club exclusivity is being on the VIP list, meaning you know the club owner (or know someone who knows the club owner) and don't have to pay to get in. "I think the picking and choosing has been replaced by this VIP list," Clone says. "It's become increasingly important to people."










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075860/trivia

IMDb


Close Encounters of the Third Kind (1977)

Quotes


Roy Neary: I know this sounds crazy, but ever since yesterday on the road, I've been seeing this shape. Shaving cream, pillows... Dammit! I know this. I know what this is! This means something. This is important.





http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075860/trivia

IMDb


Close Encounters of the Third Kind (1977)

Quotes


Air Traffic Controller: AirEast 31, do you wish to file a report of any kind to us?

AirEast Pilot: [over radio] I wouldn't know what kind of report to file, Center.





http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075860/trivia

IMDb


Close Encounters of the Third Kind (1977)

Quotes


Jillian Guiler: [on the police inquiring about her missing son] They asked me if I'd seen any strangers in the neighborhood.





http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075860/trivia

IMDb


Close Encounters of the Third Kind (1977)

Quotes


Roy Neary: Is that it? Is that all you're gonna ask me? Well I got a couple of thousand goddamn questions, you know. I want to speak to someone in charge. I want to lodge a complaint. You have no right to make people crazy! You think I investigate every Walter Cronkite story there is? Huh? If this is just nerve gas, how come I know everything in such detail? I've never been here before. How come I know so much? What the hell is going on around here? Who the hell are you people?










http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/SGU_2.09_%22Visitation%22_Transcript


STARGATE WIKI


SGU 2.09 "Visitation"


TJ
I, uh, I wanted to talk to you about something. I…I have a memory.

CAINE
(with irony)
Well, lucky you.

TJ
A vivid memory that I visited you on the planet…with my daughter.

CAINE
Your daughter?

TJ
When we first arrived at the planet, I was pregnant, remember?

CAINE
(surprised)
I do remember.

TJ
It was winter, and you were living in cabins. You told me that they were provided by the aliens who created the planet.

CAINE
(mystified)
I told you?

[TJ becomes teary-eyed.]

TJ
And that my daughter was safe, and you would take care of her.

CAINE
(kindly)
Um, I don't remember anything like that, Tamara. I'm sorry. I wish I did.

TJ
It was so real.










http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/SGU_2.09_%22Visitation%22_Transcript


STARGATE WIKI


SGU 2.09 "Visitation"


INT—SHUTTLE

[Young enters; Rush, Scott, Volker and Brody are inside.]

YOUNG
What do you think?

RUSH
Well, it appears to be completely restored.

SCOTT
Brand spankin' new, more like it.

RUSH
Every part, every system, every square inch of this thing's in perfect factory condition.

BRODY
Even has that new shuttle smell!

YOUNG
(not amused)
Again, how?

RUSH
I don't know, but it could be invaluable to the mission.

YOUNG
So, nothing to be concerned about, no ticking time-bombs, alien transmissions?

SCOTT
No, sir. At least, not yet, anyway.

YOUNG
Let's keep looking.





http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/SGU_2.09_%22Visitation%22_Transcript


STARGATE WIKI


SGU 2.09 "Visitation"


CAINE
Well, I'd like to hear more.

RUSH
(annoyed)
Oh, why bother? Call it God's will, and you needn't give it another thought.

CAINE
He must have brought us here for a reason. He must have saved us for a reason.

RUSH
Yeah, saved from what? Do you remember? I mean, the burning bush spoke to Moses. Gabriel, was it, spoke to Abraham? Yet you — you've returned here with no proof of your savior one way or the other.

CAINE
(becoming angry)
I'll leave you to your work.

[Caine starts to leave.]

RUSH
Let me ask you.

[Caine turns around.]

RUSH
(approaching Caine)
The shuttle was restored to its original condition by the aliens who sent you here — better than it was before, even.

CAINE
Well, that sounds to me more like the work of God than aliens.

RUSH
Well, if this shuttle has been restored so perfectly, then why weren't all of you? I mean, Norris wasn't born with astigmatism, was he? Mr. Chan surely had a full head of hair at one time.





http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/SGU_2.09_%22Visitation%22_Transcript


STARGATE WIKI


SGU 2.09 "Visitation"


YOUNG
You know, not one of them remembers a damn thing about the planet or how they got here.

TJ
Well, Caine believes that's God's way of telling them they've been reborn.

YOUNG
Was that before or after He gave them amnesia?

TJ
The others think that maybe the aliens discovered them and returned them to us as an act of benevolence.

YOUNG
Well, that's nice.

TJ
You're not buying it.

YOUNG
Nah. These aliens are too damned powerful. Building planets, rebuilding shuttles. They could-they could squash us like ants if they wanted to.

TJ
That scares you?

YOUNG
Yes. But what scares me even more is the feeling I got when I looked them in the eye.

TJ
I thought it was just me.

YOUNG
I should be welcoming them with open arms, but I can't be in a room with any of them for more than a minute before I want to get the hell away.





http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/SGU_2.09_%22Visitation%22_Transcript


STARGATE WIKI


SGU 2.09 "Visitation"


VAL
Honestly, my memory of it is just now coming back to me in pieces.

ELI
Hey, at least it's coming back!

VAL
Flashes. Just moments, you know? In fact, um, the strangest memory came back to me when I was sitting here.

ELI
What?

VAL
(laughing)
I'd be embarrassed to say it.

ELI
Well, now I have to know!

VAL
Um, skinny-dipping. There's a lake…

ELI
Yeah, no. I've heard about it already. People were doing that before you guys decided to stay.

VAL
(nodding)
Ah, that's right.

ELI
What about when you were alone? You must have checked out the obelisk, right?

VAL
Uh, I don't, um…

ELI
It was there the whole time.

[She wipes at her nose, which has started bleeding.]

VAL
Uh, I …

ELI
Whoa. Oh, your nose is bleeding.

[She starts gasping in panic, as if her head is causing pain.]

VAL
Oh, what's happening?

[She stands up, grabbing her face and screaming.]

ELI
We need help over here.

[She screams and falls to the floor. Her ears are bleeding as well now.]

ELI
Somebody get help!

[As Eli kneels beside her, she writhes and screams in agony.]





http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/SGU_2.09_%22Visitation%22_Transcript


STARGATE WIKI


SGU 2.09 "Visitation"


TJ
It was a severe head trauma. As bad as if she was struck with a sledgehammer. There's nothing anyone could have done.

[TJ places a sheet over Val's body.]

CAINE
What happened?

YOUNG
Nothing. She just grabbed her head, and her nose started to bleed.

CAINE
Are you sure?

WRAY
She was just talking with Eli in the Observation Room. There were witnesses.

YOUNG
She was already dead when we got there.

TJ
And still, there's evidence of skull fracture, hemorrhage, brain swelling…

CAINE
I don't understand.

YOUNG
Neither do we.

TJ
Something caused this. A blunt force injury doesn't happen spontaneously.

WRAY
Something that happened on the planet?

CAINE
I don't know. I wish I did, I swear.

WRAY
Look, this might be a long shot, but I'd like to put you and the others from the shuttle under hypnosis; see if I can stimulate memories from your subconscious.

YOUNG
Did the IOA teach you that?

WRAY
Yeah, they did.

YOUNG
Anything else I should know about?

WRAY
(smiling)
That I was a little over-qualified for H.R.?





http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/SGU_2.09_%22Visitation%22_Transcript


STARGATE WIKI


SGU 2.09 "Visitation"


INT—DESTINY INFIRMARY

[TJ covers Peter's body.]

TJ
This time the symptoms are consistent with dehydration and hypothermia.

YOUNG
You said the hypnosis was working? He was starting to remember?

WRAY
Yeah, the last thing he remembered was Val died on the planet.

TJ
Well, based on the condition of his body, I would say Peter died on the planet too — from extreme exposure.

WRAY
But he said Val died months ago, before the winter.

TJ
Months ago? What if they're dying again…in order?





http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/SGU_2.09_%22Visitation%22_Transcript


STARGATE WIKI


SGU 2.09 "Visitation"


CAINE
It's so cold. We lost power days ago. Something vital has broken and none of us know how to fix it. It's airtight, so we have to leave the door ajar, or we'll suffocate. We still have some food, and Peter has made some candles to keep us warm. They provide enough light to read and share our evening meal.

[As he speaks, scenes of life on the shuttle are shown. Everyone is ill and suffering.]

WRAY
Peter's still with you?

CAINE
In his heart, he's already left us. I try to tell him…

INT—INSIDE SHUTTLE ON EDEN PLANET

CAINE
It'll be all right, Peter.

PETER
No, it won't be all right. Nothing will be all right.

INT—WRAY'S QUARTERS

CAINE
But by morning he's gone.

EXT—EDEN PLANET, NIGHT

[Caine staggers out of the shuttle and into the still-rating snowstorm.]

INT—WRAY'S QUARTERS
WRAY
(upset)
Okay, um…

[Wray takes a seat.]

WRAY
It's the last night; the night before you woke up inside the shuttle and Destiny was there.

CAINE
Yes. I remember.

WRAY
Tell me what you see.

INT—INSIDE SHUTTLE ON EDEN PLANET

[Caine is huddled in the cold.]

INT—WRAY'S QUARTERS

CAINE
It's very dark. There's no pain, just-just the cold.

WRAY
Who else is there with you?

CAINE
(pained)
Ah…

INT—INSIDE SHUTTLE ON EDEN PLANET

[Crew-members are sitting where they froze to death.]

INT—WRAY'S QUARTERS

WRAY
What?

CAINE
They're all dead. Frozen.

INT—INSIDE SHUTTLE ON EDEN PLANET

[The rest of the crew has also frozen to death.]

INT—WRAY'S QUARTERS

CAINE
I'm alone.

WRAY
What are you doing?

CAINE
Nowhere for me to go… Nothing to do now but pray.

INT—INSIDE SHUTTLE ON EDEN PLANET

[Caine sits alone, nearly dead himself.]

INT—WRAY'S QUARTERS

[Caine comes out of his trance.]

CAINE
Next thing I remember is waking up on the shuttle and seeing Destiny out the window.

YOUNG
Is that all?

CAINE
I wish I had more answers for you.

YOUNG
Me, too.

[He starts to leave, but Caine's voice makes him stop.]

CAINE
But, you won't have to drop me off at the next planet, Colonel. I expect I'll be dead before you come back out of FTL.

WRAY
You don't know that.

CAINE
Yes, I do. Because now I remember something that…no one ever should… I'm already dead.

INT—ELI'S QUARTERS

[James walks in holding a kino.]

JAMES
Eli. You leave this in the shuttle?

ELI
No, why?

JAMES
Well, somebody did.

[She tosses the kino to him and leaves.]

INT—DESTINY INFIRMARY

[TJ is covering the bodies of Caine's people. Caine enters with Young and Wray.]

TJ
They all died in their sleep.

CAINE
With symptoms of severe exposure?

TJ
Yeah. But I'm guessing whatever the aliens did to bring you back…it was only temporary.

WRAY
You're all just reverting back to the state they probably found you in.










http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/SGU_2.10_%22Resurgence%22_Transcript


STARGATE WIKI


SGU 2.10 "Resurgence"


[Varro is standing by the window. The door opens, and TJ comes in carrying a food tray.]

TJ
Hi. I, uh, brought you some lunch.

[TJ closes the door behind her and puts the tray on the table.]

VARRO
Great. Sitting around this room all day really works up an appetite.

TJ
Well, you can hardly blame the Colonel for confining you to quarters after what happened with Simeon.

VARRO
I understand, but you have to realize that Simeon was unstable.

TJ
And you knew, but you didn't tell us.

VARRO
Well, I thought I could control him.

[TJ sits down on the bed.]

TJ
But you couldn't.

VARRO
I know… Haven't seen you in a while.

TJ
I wanted to come by; I've just…been busy.

[Varro comes over and sits down next to TJ.]

VARRO
Your people, the ones who came back from the planet, they didn't have your child.

TJ
No. I was wrong about that. I was misled.

VARRO
Possibly.

TJ
There's no other explanation for it. This ship has demonstrated the ability to mess with people's minds. In my case, I guess it was trying to protect me










http://www.e-reading.org.ua/bookreader.php/80261/King_-_The_Stand.html


Stephen King

The Stand - The Complete & Uncut Edition


He began to understand the irrefutable fact of his coming death then, and he lay beside the Triumph and wept, his twisted leg under him. After that he was able to sleep a little.

The following day he was drenched by a pounding rainshower that left him soaked and shivering. His leg had begun to smell of gangrene, and he took pains to keep the Cold Woodsman sheltered from the wet with his body. That evening he had begun to write in the Permacover notebook and discovered for the first time that his handwriting was beginning to regress. He found himself thinking of a story by Daniel Keyes—“Flowers for Algernon,” it had been called. In it, a bunch of scientists had somehow turned a mentally retarded janitor into a genius… for a while. And then the poor guy began to lose it. What was the guy’s name? Charley something, right? Sure, because that was the name of the movie they made out of it. Charly. A pretty good movie. Not as good as the story, full of sixties psychedelic shit as he remembered, but still pretty good. Harold had gone to the movies a lot in the old days, and he had watched a lot more on the family VCR. Back in the days when the world had been what the Pentagon would have called a quote viable alternative unquote. He had watched most of them alone.

He wrote in his notebook, the words emerging slowly from the straggling letters:

Are they all dead, I wonder? The committee? If so, I am sorry. I was misled. That is a poor excuse for my actions, but I swear out of all I know that it is the only excuse that ever matters. The dark man is as real as the superflu itself, as real as the atomic bombs that still sit somewhere in their leadlined closets. And when the end comes, and when it is as horrible as good men always knew it would be, there is only one thing to say as all those good men approach the Throne of Judgment: I was misled.

Harold read what he had written and passed a thin and trembling hand over his brow. It wasn’t a good excuse; it was a bad one. Pretty it up however you would, it still smelled. Someone who read that paragraph after reading his ledger would see him as a total hypocrite. He had seen himself as the king of anarchy, but the dark man had seen through him and had reduced him effortlessly to a shivering bag of bones dying badly by the highway. His leg had swelled up like an innertube, it smelled like gassy, overripe bananas, and he sat here with buzzards swooping and diving on the thermals overhead, trying to rationalize the unspeakable. He had fallen victim to his own protracted adolescence, it was as simple as that. He had been poisoned by his own lethal visions.

Dying, he felt as if he had gained a little sanity and maybe even a little dignity. He did not want to demean that with small excuses that would come limping off the page on crutches.

“I could have been something in Boulder,” he said quietly, and the simple, awful truth of that might have brought tears if he hadn’t been so tired and so dehydrated. He looked at the straggling letters on the page, and from there to the Colt. Suddenly he wanted it over, and he tried to think how to put a finish to his life in the truest, simplest way he could. It seemed more necessary than ever to write it and leave it for whoever might find him, in one year or in ten.

He gripped the pen. Thought. Wrote:

I apologize for the destructive things I have done, but do not deny that I did them of my own free will. On my school papers, I always signed my name Harold Emery Lauder. I signed my manuscripts—poor things that they were—the same way. God help me, I once wrote it on the roof of a barn in letters three feet high. I want to sign this by a name given me in Boulder. I could not accept it then, but I take it now freely.

I am going to die in my right mind.

Writing neatly at the bottom, he affixed his signature: Hawk.

He put the Permacover notebook into the Triumph’s saddlebag. He capped the pen and clipped it in his pocket. He put the muzzle of the Colt into his mouth and looked up at the blue sky. He thought of a game they had played when they were children, a game the others had teased him about because he never quite dared to go through with it. There was a gravel pit out on one of the back roads, and you could jump off the edge and fall a heartstopping distance before hitting the sand, rolling over and over, and finally climbing up to do it all over again.

All except Harold. Harold would stand on the lip of the drop and chant, One… Two… Three! just like the others, but the talisman never worked. His legs remained locked. He could not bring himself to jump. And the others sometimes chased him home, shouting at him, calling him Harold the Pansy.

He thought: If I could have brought myself to jump once… just once… I might not be here. Well, last time pays for all.

He thought: One… Two… THREE!

He pulled the trigger.

The gun went off.

Harold jumped.










http://www.chakoteya.net/Voyager/101.htm

Caretaker

Stardate: 48315.6

Original Airdate: January 16 1995


CARETAKER: Let's have some music!

(The old man starts playing and the farm folk dance. After a while -)

PARIS: The crew's scattered around this farm, Captain, but they're all accounted for.

JANEWAY: Move around. Scan the area. See if you can find anything that might be a holographic generator.

AUNT ADAH: Have some nice fresh corn on the cob. Fresh corn on the cob. Corn on the cob. Corn on the cob.

JANEWAY: Can you tell me why we're here?

AUNT ADAH: Oh, we don't mean you any harm. I'm sorry if we put you out. Why don't you just put your feet up and get comfortable while you wait?

JANEWAY: Wait for what?










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/C/Close_Encounters_of_the_Third_Kind.html


Close Encounters of the Third Kind


Hi.
Hi, how are you? You came here too?
Yes. Jillian Guiler.
Roy Neary.|Sorry about what happened.
-Good night!|-What?
Look at you.
You got the same burn.
Yeah, but it's better on you.|You got it all over at least.
I gotta tan the other side tonight.










http://www.drbanjo.com/instructional-petessonglyrics.php#day89


DrBanjo.com [ RETRIEVED 12 FEBRUARY 2013 ]


Pete's Song Lyrics


UNRECORDED PETE WERNICK LYRICS:

A DAY IN 89 (YOU NEVER KNOW), Pete Wernick

Not recorded

There's a movie that I've seen a lot
I've even seen it in my dreams
About a day out of my life
I remember all the scenes

Just a day in 89










http://articles.latimes.com/1989-07-16/local/me-5854_1_orange-county


Los Angeles Times


Commentary : A Man Who Died Could Have Been Saved: How Is It That He Wasn't?

July 16, 1989 JERE WITTER Jere Witter is a free-lance writer from Huntington Beach.

The kid in front of me squirmed and twisted a good deal. He was long and bony and his knees hurt him during the 40 minutes of kneeling. The men next to him were better padded. They had the big rounded shoulders of ex-fighters, now accustomed to heavy lifting, still in their work shirts, black men with Spanish names. They were brother-images to the man in the coffin.

Visible in the open casket under a veil of white gauze was the forehead of Juan Antonio Jimenez, age 43. He lay banked by flowers in a Westminster chapel, in one of those moments of rented luxury that are granted the poorest bereaved. And beneath the comfortable folds of his satin bedding lay the legs that had been infected with the gangrene that killed him.










http://www.tv.com/shows/stargate-universe/twin-destinies-1375316/


tv.com


Stargate Universe Season 2 Episode 12

Twin Destinies


Eli finds a way to use the Stargate to return to Earth, but Rush isn't convinced that the process is safe. The rest of the crew believes that Eli can do it... until another Rush travels from the future to warn them.


AIRED: 3/14/11





http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/SGU_2.12_%22Twin_Destinies%22_Transcript


STARGATE WIKI


SGU 2.12 "Twin Destinies"


TELFORD
So, what went wrong?

ALTERNATE RUSH
What are you talking about?

TELFORD
Not that I think you would kill them all deliberately—

[Alternate Rush stands up angrily.]

ALTERNATE RUSH
I tried to save them!

[Telford steps forward so the are standing face to face.]

TELFORD
You don't think I buy that story? Rush, valiantly keeping the 'gate open while the ship explodes all around him?

ALTERNATE RUSH
I don't care what you think.

TELFORD
It wouldn't be the first time you sabotaged the ship to make an ass out of me, would it? Last time we tried to dial Earth from inside a star comes to mind, among others. So, what went wrong?

ALTERNATE RUSH
The wormhole was unstable!

TELFORD
I'm talking about what really happened.

ALTERNATE RUSH
Their blood is on your hands, not mine.

TELFORD
(shouting)
They would have all made it home but you…
(prodding Alternate Rush in the chest)
…did something!

ALTERNATE RUSH
(shouting)
I was trying to buy them some time!

TELFORD
(shouting, still with his forefinger in Alternate Rush's chest)
Oh, and there is not a single person left alive to confirm—

[Alternate Rush shoves Telford away from him.]

ALTERNATE RUSH
(shouting)
Take your hands off of me!

[Telford stumbles backwards into the panel of tubes on the wall.]

ALTERNATE RUSH
(shouting)
You're the coward! You're the one that didn't believe in the mission! You're the one that killed them!

[Alternate Rush stops speaking when he realizes that something is wrong. He sees that Telford is stuck against the panel, his eyes wide, shuddering with the electricity coursing through him. Alternate Rush gasps and steps forward, holding out his hands as if to attempt to pull Telford free, but realizing he can't touch him safely. He puts his hands to his own face in horror.]

ALTERNATE RUSH
(into his hands)
Oh, no!

[Alternate Rush steps back as there is a loud pop and some sparks, then Telford's lifeless body falls to the floor. Wisps of smoke rise from the body.]










http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/SGU_2.12_%22Twin_Destinies%22_Transcript


STARGATE WIKI


SGU 2.12 "Twin Destinies"


YOUNG
Ladies and gentlemen, if I could have your attention, please. Doctor Rush would like to say a few words.

[Everybody looks up at him, expectantly.]

RUSH
My friends…

[Everyone looks around uncomfortably at the word "friends".]

RUSH
Well, yes, perhaps that's, uh, an overstatement. But we are, at least, shipmates who have, up until now, shared great adversity. I know a lot of you, probably most of you, also share the hope of going home. It is a fact that the conditions inside a star bode very poorly for the sustained viability of a wormhole, and I owe it to you all to tell you that.

[Eli, standing at the front of the gathered crew, looks angry.]

TELFORD
Stop trying to scare people and get on with this.

RUSH
The Ancients did not devote the efforts of an entire generation to build this ship on a whim. Neither was Destiny named on a whim. Over a million years ago, the Ancients discovered the complex structure buried deep within the background radiation. The fingerprints of an intelligence that existed very near the beginning of time itself. Destiny was launched in search of that intelligence. Who knows how close we are to finding it. How close we are to learning, in the Ancients' words, "the destiny of all things." I don't pretend to know when that's going to be, in which stars it will happen, or even how that will change our view of the universe. I only know that Destiny has come this far and if we abandon her now, there'll be no coming back. All of that knowledge will be lost, forever. I believe this journey is the reason I'm here, but I can't hope to do it alone. I ask you to come with me.

YOUNG
Now, I, uh, I believe that those of you who want to go home deserve that chance. But I joined Stargate Command for a reason so, I too am willing to stay aboard. What we are looking for are ten volunteers, so I am asking: those of you who want to be here, please step forward.

[Greer steps forward immediately and goes to stand behind Young. Volker considers for a moment, exchanges a look with Brody and Park, then steps forward, followed by TJ, Chloe, Scott and James, Varro and two other Lucian Alliance members, another Marine then, finally, Eli, somewhat bitterly. Telford steps up onto the stairs on the opposite side of the room to Rush.]

TELFORD
All, right, listen to me! You've already accomplished the damn mission! Our goal was to investigate the ninth chevron address and you've done that. Now, I do not deny that there once was a mission, but if it was as important as Rush claims it to be, they sure as hell couldn't expect us to do it. There is no noble voyage to save the universe or to meet God or whatever it is that Rush has sold you on! There is only the day that this ship dies.

YOUNG
David. We don't know that.

TELFORD
I've got a good mind to try to take you all back by force.

GREER
Good luck with that.










http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/SGU_2.13_%22Alliances%22_Transcript


STARGATE WIKI


SGU 2.13 "Alliances"


SCOTT
It's a pretty big ship. Anywhere in particular you'd like to start?

MICHAELS/WRAY
I'd like to start by clearing something up.

[The stop to listen.]

MICHAELS/WRAY
Given recent events, I would like to know once and for all if we're closing the book on the feasibility of dialing within a star.

YOUNG
I'm not the man you should be asking.

[Rush approaches from an adjacent corridor and begins to overhear; he remains out of sight.]

MICHAELS/WRAY
Your first order of business was supposed to be to get these people home.

YOUNG
Presumably without killing them.

MICHAELS/WRAY
If I'm not mistaken, all of our people signed off it.

[She looks to Covel.]

COVEL/GREER
Numbers were good. But, it's true, conditions inside a star are unpredictable. It's just unfortunate that the other Destiny was lost before anyone had a chance to go over the logs.

SCOTT
We need those spare parts. There wasn't a lot of time.

MICHAELS/WRAY
It's understandable. Unfortunately it means we have no idea what really happened.

YOUNG
You're assuming the other Rush was lying.










http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/SGU_2.13_%22Alliances%22_Transcript


STARGATE WIKI


SGU 2.13 "Alliances"


TJ
Colonel, Varro would like to speak with you.

VARRO
Tamara told me what happened. I realize I'm probably the last person you want to talk to right now, but I think I can help.

YOUNG
How?

VARRO
I can tell you how to defuse that bomb.










http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/SGU_2.12_%22Twin_Destinies%22_Transcript


STARGATE WIKI


SGU 2.12 "Twin Destinies"


ALTERNATE RUSH
What do you think?

RUSH
I think it's not on the list.

[Alternate Rush goes and takes the cover off the panel.]

ALTERNATE RUSH
It'll double the amount of weapons that we can bring online.

RUSH
(to Park)
Do we even have time for this?

PARK
(into radio)
Colonel, we've come across a piece of equipment that could significantly increase our weapons capability, but we're up against the clock.

TELFORD
(over radio)
For that, we should risk it.

ALTERNATE RUSH
(removing his shoulder pack)
For once, he agrees with me.

[Alternate Rush start to attempt to remove one of the tubes.]

RUSH
Look, I'll go and I'll bring back the proper tools. Be careful not to touch the damaged one. About a thousand volts running through that.

ALTERNATE RUSH
(testily)
Do you think I might know that?










http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/SGU_2.12_%22Twin_Destinies%22_Transcript


STARGATE WIKI


SGU 2.12 "Twin Destinies"


TELFORD
Didn't mean to sneak up on you. This is it?

ALTERNATE RUSH
Yeah. The others took the parts we had back to the gateroom. My younger self is coming back to help



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 3:49 PM Pacific Time Seattle USA Sunday 14 April 2013