Tuesday, March 07, 2017

Titanic (1997)




http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=7454

The American Presidency Project

Jimmy Carter

XXXIX President of the United States: 1977 - 1981

Statement on the Appointment of the New Members of the Intelligence Oversight Board

May 5, 1977

I am announcing the appointment of Mr. Thomas L. Farmer, of Washington, D.C., and Gov. William Scranton and Senator Albert Gore as the new members of the important Intelligence Oversight Board. Mr. Farmer will serve as Chairman.

This board reports directly and exclusively to me. It is empowered to receive information directly from individual members of the intelligence community and receives periodic required reports from the Inspectors General and General Counsels of the community.

In announcing this appointment, I want to take this occasion to thank Ambassador Robert Murphy, Mr. Leo Cherne, and Mr. Steve Ailes for distinguished service as members of the first Intelligence Oversight Board. They have rendered very important service to the Nation.

At the same time I am abolishing the President's Foreign Intelligence Advisory Board, which had previously been monitoring the quality of intelligence. The National Security Council system and the intelligence community themselves, as structured in this administration, plus the creation of the new Senate Committee on Intelligence, as well as the contemplated House committee, can now effectively review and assess foreign intelligence activities.

Farmer is a partner in the law firm of Prather, Seeger, Doolittle, Farmer, and Ewing in Washington. He is a founding member, director, and general counsel of the Overseas Development Council. He is also a member of the International Committee of the National Chamber of Commerce of the United States and chairman of its Task Force on Foreign Investment in the United States; a member of the Monetary Policy Group and the Economic Policy Group of the Atlantic Council; and a member of the Council on Foreign Relations.

From 1964 to 1967, Farmer was General Counsel of the Agency for International Development and Special Counsel to President Johnson's Special Representative for South East Asian Economic Development. From 1954 to 1964, he was an associate in the law firm of Simpson, Thacher & Bartlett. From 1951 to 1954, he was an intelligence officer for the Central Intelligence Agency. He worked on John F. Kennedy's Presidential campaign in 1959 and 1960.

Albert Gore is chairman of the Island Creek Coal Co., a director of the Occidental Petroleum Co., and was U.S. Senator from Tennessee from 1953 to 1970.

William Scranton is a former Governor of Pennsylvania and U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations.










From 5/5/1977 ( Jimmy Carter - Statement on the Appointment of the New Members of the Intelligence Oversight Board ) To 12/14/1997 is 7528 days

7528 = 3764 + 3764

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 2/22/1976 ( The Point Of No Return - my biological brother Thomas Reagan the civilian and privately financed astronaut in his privately financed nuclear-pulse propulsion spaceship survived a catastrophic collision with a meteor and at extreme personal risk to himself he continues the mission as planned to intercept and divert the Comet Lucifer in the outer solar system ) is 3764 days



From 5/5/1977 ( premiere US TV series pilot "The Love Boat" ) To 12/14/1997 is 7528 days

7528 = 3764 + 3764

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 2/22/1976 ( The Point Of No Return - my biological brother Thomas Reagan the civilian and privately financed astronaut in his privately financed nuclear-pulse propulsion spaceship survived a catastrophic collision with a meteor and at extreme personal risk to himself he continues the mission as planned to intercept and divert the Comet Lucifer in the outer solar system ) is 3764 days





http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120338/releaseinfo

IMDb


Titanic (1997)

Release Info

USA 14 December 1997 (Los Angeles, California) (premiere)










From 2/22/1976 ( The Point Of No Return - my biological brother Thomas Reagan the civilian and privately financed astronaut in his privately financed nuclear-pulse propulsion spaceship survived a catastrophic collision with a meteor and at extreme personal risk to himself he continues the mission as planned to intercept and divert the Comet Lucifer in the outer solar system ) To 4/4/2008 is 11730 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 12/14/1997 ( premiere US film "Titanic" ) is 11730 days



[ See also: http://hvom.blogspot.com/2017/02/stargate-sg-1_20.html ]
[ See also: http://hvom.blogspot.com/2017/03/titanic-1997.html ]


http://www.tv.com/shows/battlestar-galactica/he-that-believeth-in-me-1167752/

tv.com

Battlestar Galactica Season 4 Episode 1

He That Believeth in Me

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Apr 04, 2008 on Syfy

AIRED: 4/4/08










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 04/06/08 6:34 AM
I look at the career of my wife, actress Phoebe Cates, and think to myself how I directed her career as a study of an audience that has difficulty understanding the difference of fiction and reality. And of course, that is why, according to the movie, the "Linda Barrett" character went to live with her professor of Abnormal Psychology. Takes one to know one, so goes the saying.


I also think of how I planned, as her husband, to direct her career with the future in mind. I knew that years in the future, many of her colleaques in the movie industry, after finding out who her real husband is, other than the public fiction I created to protect our privacy, would look back at her career and recognize the career of an artist and an actress and especially, someone with a lot to smile about.


I look at her career and think to myself how her career represents my life after surviving the mission to divert the comet in 1976. I had faced death many times before I left Earth on 11/2/1975 but until the catastrophic damage to my spaceship on 2/22/1976, I had never stared into the face of certain death for so long as I did until my first landing on the Jupiter moon Callisto. After 9 months of watching my oxygen supply run out and knowing that it would run out before I got back to Earth, even though I could have aborted my mission and returned to Earth for repairs and then resume my mission to intercept the comet that was much closer to the Earth by the time I got back to it, my discovery of oxygen on the Jupiter moon Callisto was quite the relief and when I got back to Earth, every day I saw Phoebe and after we got married, I was reminded of how grateful I was to have survived the ordeal and she is life to me and everything that is beautiful in the world. I would look at her every day and think of her as my reward and think to myself that it had been and is all worth it. My last day on Earth before I left on 11/2/1975 was sitting outside with her to watch the sun rise. My concern for her safety was the driving factor in my determination to succeed in my mission to divert the comet in 1976.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 06 April 2008 excerpt ends]










http://www.twiztv.com/scripts/battlestar/season4/galactica-401.htm

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

4X01 - HE THAT BELIEVETH IN ME

ORIGINAL AIRDATE (SciFi): 04-APR-2008


(Hangar)

(Investigating Starbuck's Viper, which looks brand new.)

Chief, to Adama: I had my crew clean it up. There's not a ding or a scratch on it. It's got the same tail number as the one she flew out on. But I've been fixing up that old bird since day one, and this thing looks like it's been rolled off the showroom floor.

Roslin: So it's not the same ship.

Chief: Unless she found a hell of a body shop out there, no, ma'am, it's not.

(Tory and Tigh stare.)

Chief: Admiral, it's just not the outside either. This is the data from the nav computer... There isn't any. It's blank. There's no record of where this ship has been.

Roslin: Okay. Put her in the brig.

Apollo: What? So some things don't add up, and we're back to thinking she's a Cylon? What about Cottle's test?

Tigh: Cottle's test doesn't prove anything.

Tory: Even if her DNA's the same, she could still be a Cylon.

Roslin: She could've been one from the beginning.

Tigh: Baltar's Cylon detector was a crock. It failed to ID Boomer.

Roslin: I know how you feel about her, Bill, but that is exactly what the Cylons could be counting on here.

Adama: Then we're back where we started from.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 8:46 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Tuesday 07 March 2017