Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Stargate: Universe




https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stargate_Universe

Stargate Universe

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Stargate Universe (often abbreviated as SGU) is a Canadian-American military science fiction television series and part of MGM's Stargate franchise. It follows the adventures of a present-day, multinational exploration team traveling on the Ancient spaceship Destiny several billion light years distant from the Milky Way Galaxy. They evacuated there and are now trying to figure out a way to return to Earth, while simultaneously trying to explore and to survive in their unknown area of the universe.










Stargate Universe - Subversion - television series Season 1 Episode 18 - Aired May 21, 2010 on Syfy

Episode Summary

Rush believes someone involved with the Destiny has been spying on them for the Lucian Alliance.

(from internet transcript)

***

YOUNG: You're up late.

(Nick paces around in front of his desk.)

RUSH: Yeah. I just had a very interesting dream.

YOUNG: Everyone thinks their dreams are interesting. Nobody else cares.

RUSH: Yeah, well you're gonna care about this one.










http://www.tv.com/shows/the-twilight-zone/the-eye-of-the-beholder-12626/trivia/

tv.com


The Twilight Zone Season 2 Episode 6

The Eye of the Beholder

Aired Nov 11, 1960 on CBS

QUOTES

(Opening Narration)

Narrator: Suspended in time and space for a moment, your introduction to Miss Janet Tyler, who lives in a very private world of darkness, a universe whose dimensions are the size, thickness, length of a swath of bandages that cover her face. In a moment we'll go back into this room and also in a moment we'll look under those bandages, keeping in mind, of course, that we're not to be surprised by what we see, because this isn't just a hospital, and patient 307 is not just a woman. This happens to be the Twilight Zone, and Miss Tyler, with you, is about to enter it.










posted by Kerry Burgess - H.V.O.M 04:51 AM Pacific Time Seattle USA Tuesday 21 May 2013 - http://hvom.blogspot.com/2013/05/hvom.html


H.V.O.M.



I am thinking of changing the title of my blog. The title "Homeless Veteran of Microsoft" made a lot of sense when I published my first post here on 30 August 2005.

After they kicked into that homeless shelter in Pioneer Square in downtown Seattle I deleted the content of my blog and that range was from 30 August 2005 to 24 September 2005. I didn't republish those postings but I still have text file backups of that worthless information from a time I was still hazed from that time the VA hospital doped me out of my mind.

All because I filed a police report.

Well, lately I have been given more thought to what that medical doctor told me in April 2004 when he told me I have a service-connected disability. I have always remembered that but only recently did I start giving some mental crunch to that phrase: service-connected disability.

Service-connected.

I remember sitting there in his office in that building in downtown Seattle, where I had passed the US Navy officer with the judge advocate general emblems on his tropical dress white uniform, uncommon for me to see a US Navy officer walking around in downtown Seattle and I've walked a lot on those sidewalks, and that doctor, I have been thinking again specifically recently, seemed to have been referring to a blog post I made on 15 September 2005 and that I titled "Series Finale." I wrote about getting hit on the back of the head by a group of thieves who wanted to steal the coins from my pocket.





Memorable quotes for

Mission: Impossible (1996)


Ethan Hunt: They're dead.

Eugene Kittridge: What? Who's dead?

Ethan Hunt: My team. My team is DEAD.





posted by Kerry Burgess - H.V.O.M at 9:10 PM Wednesday, May 11, 2011


Croatia





I woke up earlier today and I do not know recall the dreams I had while asleep but I have been thinking extensively since waking up, because I started thinking of it just after waking up, about an artificial memory I have of Tracie and I walking in the woods behind her house in South Carolina.

I was tired of this episode after about the first three minutes and was going to turn off the television but I was compelled strongly enough to continue watching it even though I found it uninteresting. After the final few minutes I can understand why I was compelled to continue watching it.

That artificial memory of walking through the woods was of me walking across a large tree that had fallen over a deep ravine and I walked across it and then back and just as I was about to return to where Tracie was standing, the bark of that dead tree slipped off the log and then I slipped off the log and landed hard on my side. Tracie thought my arm must have been injured because she saw it hit another smaller tree as I was falling down but my arm seemed okay afterwards. I had been thinking about that a lot today and wondering that has something to do with me in Croatia in 1991.

Those Bill Gates-George Bush anti-American terrorists started their attack, which we did not know was going to happen, by hitting me in the back of my head with, probably a rifle stock, and then Bill Gates-George Bush murdered the other United States Marines in my patrol, along with others in our patrol, and then they threw me into captivity. where I regained consciousness. They were going to make it look like an accident, that I had accidentally fallen down there and then died from exposure. They were going to come back in a few weeks and place my United States military issue rifle nearby and after I was dead.










http://www.tv.com/shows/the-twilight-zone/the-eye-of-the-beholder-12626/trivia/

tv.com


The Twilight Zone Season 2 Episode 6

The Eye of the Beholder

Aired Nov 11, 1960 on CBS

QUOTES

Nurse One: You ever see her face? Patient 307?

Nurse Two: Indeed I have. If it was mine, I'd bury myself in a grave somewhere.










Stargate Universe - Subversion - television series Season 1 Episode 18 - Aired May 21, 2010 on Syfy

(from internet transcript)

***

DESTINY.

TELFORD: You think I was brainwashed? I came to my senses. We freed billions of people from thousands of years of slavery all over our galaxy - and then we patted ourselves on the back and left them with little or no means for survival. What the hell did we think was going to happen?

YOUNG: This isn't you, David.

TELFORD: Wake up, Everett! You think the Lucian Alliance are just a bunch of criminals? Who made us judge and jury?

(He steps closer to Young.)

TELFORD: People will do what they have to do to survive. You should know that by now.

(He steps back to include Jack.)

TELFORD: We take whatever we want. We do whatever is good for us, regardless of the impact on other planets. What makes us so special?

O'NEILL: I know what makes me special.












stargate-universe_season1-ep19_00h09m33s.jpg







stargate-universe_season1-ep19_00h09m49s.jpg







stargate-universe_season1-ep19_00h09m52s.jpg










From 12/25/1991 ( as United States Marine Corps chief warrant officer Kerry Wayne Burgess I was prisoner of war in Croatia ) To 6/4/2010 is 6736 days

6736 = 3368 + 3368

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 1/22/1975 ( Gerald Ford - Remarks Upon Signing Instruments of Ratification of the Geneva Protocol of 1925 and the Biological Weapons Convention ) is 3368 days



From 5/4/2005 ( the incident at the police department City of Kent Washington State after my voluntary approach to report material criminal activity directed against my person and I am secretly drugged against my consent ) To 6/4/2010 is 1857 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 12/3/1970 ( premiere US TV series episode "The Immortal"::"Dead Man, Dead Man" ) is 1857 days



From 11/11/1960 ( premiere US TV series episode "The Twilight Zone"::"Eye of the Beholder" ) To 6/13/2005 ( in the dark of night at the University of Washington Medical School hospital in Seattle the sudden expiration of Kerry Burgess 1994-B and I exist today as Kerry Burgess 2013 ) is 16285 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 6/4/2010 is 16285 days



http://www.tv.com/shows/stargate-universe/incursion-1-1290810/

tv.com


Stargate Universe Season 1 Episode 19

Incursion (1)

Aired Jun 04, 2010 on Syfy

Episode Summary

Commander Kiva of the Lucian Alliance manages to board the Destiny and take several of the crew hostage.

AIRED: Jun 04, 2010










http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=5038

The American Presidency Project

Gerald Ford

XXXVIII President of the United States: 1974 - 1977

37 - Remarks Upon Signing Instruments of Ratification of the Geneva Protocol of 1925 and the Biological Weapons Convention.

January 22, 1975

Members of the Congress, Mr. Secretary, distinguished guests:

This is a very auspicious occasion. I am signing today the instruments of ratification of two important treaties that limit arms and contribute to lessening the horror of war.

The first, the Geneva Protocol, prohibits the use in war of lethal and incapacitating chemical and bacteriological weapons. Its ratification completes the process, I should say, which began nearly 50 years ago in 1925, when the United States proposed and signed the protocol.

The United States, I am glad to say, has always observed the principles and objectives of the protocol. The ratification today marks our formal commitment.

Although it is our position that the protocol does not cover riot control agents and chemical herbicides, I have decided that the United States shall renounce their use in war as a matter of national policy, except in a certain, very, very limited number of defense situations where lives can be saved. This policy is detailed in the Executive order that is being issued today.1

1 The President signed Executive Order 11850, renouncing certain uses of chemical herbicides and riot control agents in war, on April 8, 1975.

The second treaty that I am signing is the Biological Weapons Convention, which prohibits the development, production, and stockpiling of bacteriological weapons.

It is the first international agreement since World War II to provide for the actual elimination of an entire class of weapons--namely, biological agents and toxicants.

As evidence of our deep commitment to the objectives of this Biological Weapons Convention, we have already destroyed our entire stockpile of biological toxicant agents and weapons. Our biological warfare facilities have been converted to peaceful uses.

The final act in the process of ratifying this convention requires the deposit of the Instruments of Ratification in Washington, London, and Moscow, which will be done when the United Kingdom and the U.S.S.R. complete their respective ratification procedures.

Finally, I believe that these acts of ratification demonstrate the desire of our Nation to create and to contribute to a more peaceful world, and I pledge to you that I will continue in the search for new measures to promote that cause.

I congratulate the Members of the Senate, the Members of the House, and the American people for backing and supporting action of this kind. So, I will sign both.

Note: The President spoke at 12:39 p.m. in the East Room at the White House.










from the private journal of Kerry Burgess: 11/1/2006 3:14 PM
May 4, 2005, was the day I went to the Kent Police department for help. I named George W. Bush specifically as one of the people harassing me. The policeman didn’t ask me any questions. He dumped me off at the St. Francis hospital in Federal Way where the first thing they did was secretly drug my food. I found it very hard to restrain the urge to laugh shortly after I had eaten.










https://www.cia.gov/news-information/featured-story-archive/2014-featured-story-archive/a-look-back-25-years-since-the-fall-of-the-berlin-wall.html

CENTRAL INTELLIGENCE AGENCY

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA


A Look Back: 25 Years Since the Fall of the Berlin Wall

On November 9, 1989, after serving as the symbol of the Cold War for decades, the Berlin Wall fell. Its demise signaled the dawn of change not only in Eastern Europe, but the world.

The Berlin Wall started as a barbed wire fence built by the communist East German state (with approval from the Soviet Union) to stop the flow of refugees from East Berlin into West Berlin. For years, the CIA had predicted the East German government would take stern measures to stop border crossers but did not have tactical forewarning that a barrier would be put up starting on August 13, 1961. Stretching 96 miles long, the fence eventually evolved into the now familiar 12 foot high concrete wall, built in 45,000 separate sections, each four feet wide.

The Berlin Wall divided East Berlin and West Berlin for 28 years, from 1961 until November 1989. Typical for totalitarian states, the East German government declared the Wall to be a necessary defense against Western aggression. In reality, the Wall was intended to stop East Germans from seeking freedom in the West. In 1962, a second barrier was placed 100 yards back, creating a no-man’s land, widely known as the “death strip,” useless for defense against the West but clearly intended to prevent escape. It was booby-trapped with tripwires, offered no cover, and provided a clear field of fire to the watching guards. Even so, some 5,000 East Berliners escaped into the western half of the city. Tragically, an estimated 200 people died trying. Although the East German government always denied having a “shoot to kill” policy, the border guards were told to treat attempted defectors—even women and children—as criminals and stop them by whatever means necessary.

The Wall proved a propaganda disaster for the Soviet bloc as a whole. It became a powerful symbol of communist tyranny that Western leaders, starting with President John F. Kennedy, frequently denounced. In 1987, Ronald Reagan gave his famous speech at the Brandenburg Gate, at which he challenged Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev to “tear down this wall.”

Two years later, during the summer of 1989, communist Hungary removed its border restrictions with Austria, and in September, more than 13,000 East German tourists in Hungary escaped to Austria. Demonstrations broke out all over East Germany. The long-time leader of East Germany, Erich Honecker, who in January had predicted that the Berlin Wall would stand for “a hundred more years,” resigned on October 18, replaced by Egon Krenz. By November 4, 1989, the protests had increased significantly, with a million people gathered that day in Alexanderplatz in East Berlin. Meanwhile, the wave of refugees leaving East Germany for the West had increased through Czechoslovakia, tolerated by the new Krenz government and the communist regime in Prague.

To ease the complications, the Krenz government decided on November 9, 1989, to allow refugees and even private travelers to exit directly through crossing points between East Germany and West Germany, including West Berlin. The new regulations were to take effect the next day, on November 10, to allow time to inform the border guards. However, no one told the East German government spokesman, who had not been briefed on the situation but simply had been handed a note to announce that East Berliners would be allowed to cross the border with proper permission. He read the note aloud at the end of the conference and, when asked when the regulations would come into effect, he replied, “As far as I know, effective immediately, without delay.” Nobody, including the East German government, knew that on November 9, 1989, the Wall would start coming down.

Tens of thousands of East Berliners heard the spokesman’s statement live on East German television and soon flooded the checkpoints in the Wall, demanding entry into West Berlin. The surprised and overwhelmed border guards tried to call their superiors, but no East German official was willing to take personal responsibility for issuing orders to use lethal force. Faced with the swelling crowd, the guards finally yielded, opening the checkpoints and allowing people through with little or no identity checking. Ecstatic East Berliners were soon greeted by West Berliners on the other side in a celebration of freedom and reunion. As a result, November 9 is considered the date the Wall fell.

In the days and weeks that followed, people came to the Wall with sledgehammers to chip off souvenir pieces. The first concrete section of the Wall was removed on the 12th. By June 13, 1990 the wall was officially dismantled, and on October 3, 1990 East and West Germany were reunified. The collapse of the Soviet Union would soon follow.

While it is often repeated by some that the CIA and the US Intelligence Community (IC) missed the fall of the Soviet Union, assessments from the time tell a different story. With the demise of the Berlin Wall and the Soviet system in crisis, the CIA in 1989 assessed the Soviet Union under Gorbachev would not survive. In 1990, the IC released a National Intelligence Estimate (NIE), in which it stated, “the Soviet Union as we have known it is finished.(PDF)” (The NIE is an assessment by as many as 17 government agencies and departments regarding a national, regional or transnational issue of high importance, such as the Soviet Union, and is normally briefed to the President and other very senior officials). By the spring of 1991, the CIA warned of a future coup against Gorbachev, how it would take place, and the likelihood of the Soviet Union’s collapse—all accurate predictions of what happened soon after. On December 25, 1991, Gorbachev resigned and the Soviet Union ceased to exist












4336__orig.jpg
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prisoner_of_War_Medal










Stargate Universe - Incursion (part 2) - television series Season 1 Episode 20 - Aired Jun 11, 2010 on Syfy

(from internet transcript)

***

WRAY: Commander Kiva, are you ready?

KIVA (over radio): We are.

(Camille looks back down the corridor to Young, who activates his own radio.)

YOUNG: Brody, open it.

(He walks away around the corner as Brody activates his console. The bulkhead doors slide open and Scott starts to lead the others inside.)

WRAY: Lieutenant.

(He turns back to her.)

WRAY: Thank you. I'll take it from here.

(Scott looks nervously at Dannic who is waiting nearby. Reluctantly, he clicks the safety onto his rifle and turns away, stepping back over to the other side of the bulkhead doors. Camille beckons to the Alliance prisoners and they pick up their supplies again and follow her inside the Alliance zone. Once they're all inside, Camille lifts her radio again.)

WRAY: OK, Mr. Brody.

(The bulkhead doors slide closed. Camille turns back to face Dannic who walks back to the corner and beckons to Kiva who comes around, followed by three Destiny crew members. The first two are civilians and the third is military. Camille frowns.)

WRAY: I asked for civilians.

KIVA: These are the two we had.

WRAY: We agreed on four for four.

(Kiva half turns and steps aside, and two Alliance men drag Rivers' body along the corridor towards Camille. She gasps in appalled horror as they dump him at her feet and then turn and walk away. Kiva looks down at his body for a long moment, then raises her eyes to Camille's.)

KIVA (flatly): Four.










from the private journal of Kerry Burgess: 2006


Oh, and there's a scar on my left hand that I have been wondering about but I don't feel like writing about. I remember it was after having to walk home through a bad neighborhood. I remember it was a nasty wound, bled a lot, something about nasty bandages. At first I thought it might be a bullet scar, but then I thought maybe someone had jammed a philips screwdriver between my knuckles. But there is no exit scar so I'm not sure what it means. Perhaps what ever did it didn't go down through my hand, rather went into my hand, towards my wrist and didn't exit. The oblong nature of the scar would support that possibility. It doesn't hurt though.

I was thinking about this time my clothes were filthy with salt. I remember that as a time on the Taylor but I am now wondering if it was dust, as in some kind of desert.


There is also a scar on the side of my right wrist that I remember from when I was in a day care center and was burned when some hot apple pie fell onto my hand.










posted by Kerry Burgess - H.V.O.M 11:02 AM Pacific Time USA Friday 13 July 2012 - http://hvom.blogspot.com/2012/07/in-thirteen-years-i-have-lived-in.html


In the thirteen years I have lived in the Seattle metro area I have never heard a prolonged thunderstorm as is happening right now.





I guess it has been going on for about one hour now. I have never before today heard thunder last more than one or two minutes.

The current sound of thunder is not continuous but it sounds like a normal thunderstorm during the summer that I remember from living in the southern United States.

I decided many hours ago today to watch this DVD video this morning and I had decided many hours ago, sometime around midnight thereabouts, to watch it at this current time I am watching the DVD.

I woke up from miserable sleep the last time I was asleep and I woke up thinking I should keep a journal to record the body count of the people I shot by gunfire in my sleeping dreams. I was dreaming of places I had never seen before. An entire family was out to get me. I saw a guy swear vengeance over the coffin with his dead father in it. They were all gunning for me. I saw myself shooting people. I remember thinking I needed to shoot them in the head because I only had so much ammunition. I saw myself hesitate because I didn't want to shoot him. I saw myself, from the perspective of my eyes, thinking about how the two shooters were there to draw my fire while someone else snuck up behind me. I saw myself running at the first shooter and I saw the gunbarrel up close as I ran at him. I don't recall if that is the point I woke up. There was other scenes of me shooting people that I have now largely forgotten. Oh, right. The guy on the horse. In another dream I had taken cover behind a wooden fence post and I vaguely recall a barbed wire fence. I felt a lot of gratification when I wheeled around and used my rifle, which wasn't a rifle in the dream but a long heavy duty flat-blade screwdriver I remember from my toolcase in the context of my memory of working on bank ATM's in the early 1990's, and with that rifle I saw myself shooting and hitting that guy on the horse at a fairly long distance and I saw what seemed to be a Budweiser beer bottle in his hand and center over his chest and I saw it explode as one of my bullets hit it.










Posted by Kerry Burgess - H.V.O.M at 5:10 PM Sunday, May 01, 2011


JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 12/02/06 10:18 PM
I have been wondering about a small scar on my abdomen. It could be a .22 caliber bullet wound judging by the size.





http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.223_Remington

.223 Remington


The .223 Remington is a sporting cartridge with almost the same external dimensions as the 5.56x45mm NATO military cartridge. The name is commonly pronounced either two-two-three or two-twenty-three.[citation needed] It is loaded with a 0.224-inch (5.7 mm) diameter, jacketed bullet, with weights ranging from 40 to 90 grains (2.6 to 5.8 g), though the most common loading by far is 55 grains (3.6 g). When loaded with a bullet that expands, tumbles, or fragments in tissue, this cartridge is capable of delivering devastating terminal performance. Proponents of the hydrostatic shock theory contend that this includes remote wounding effects known as hydrostatic shock.

While the external case dimensions are very similar, the .223 Remington and 5.56x45mm differ in both maximum pressure and chamber shape. The maximum and mean pressures for some varieties of the 5.56 mm (different cartridge designations have different standards) exceed the SAAMI maximums for the .223 Remington, and the methods for measuring pressures differ between NATO and SAAMI. The 5.56 mm chamber specification has also changed over time since its adoption, as the current military loading (NATO SS-109 or US M855) uses longer, heavier bullets than the original loading did. This has resulted in a lengthening of the throat in the 5.56 mm chamber. Thus, while .223 Remington ammunition can be safely fired in a 5.56 mm chambered gun, firing 5.56 mm ammunition in a .223 Remington chamber may produce pressures in excess of even the 5.56 mm specifications due to the shorter throat.










Posted by Kerry Burgess - H.V.O.M at 10:40 PM Friday, July 08, 2011


United States Marine Corps Warrant Officer Matthew Kline





I paused the video at the point of the dialog about the birth certificate. I sat here afterwards watching the video afterwards and wondering about how the "unpaid intern" dialog conforms to my theory about my time travel communications, because I was certain, as I sat here watching it, that I was not going to pause the video to reference that dialog. But now here now here I am.

The scar on my left hand is a bullet scar. I had to dig out the bullet with a small screwdriver I had in my pocket. Somebody, I think often was my brother, asked me why I did that with the screwdriver because that screwdriver probably caused more problems, since it was non-sterile, than just leaving the bullet in my hand and waiting for proper medical treatment.










http://www.tv.com/shows/the-immortal-1970/dead-man-dead-man-149508/

tv.com


The Immortal (1970) Season 1 Episode 10

Dead Man, Dead Man

Aired Thursday 10:00 PM Dec 03, 1970 on ABC

AIRED: 12/3/70










Stargate Universe - Incursion (part 1) - television series Season 1 Episode 19 - Aired Jun 04, 2010 on Syfy

(from internet transcript)

***

ICARUS TWO. Kiva's henchman bundles Rush into the Gateroom and shoves him towards Kiva and Varro. Rush is holding his left hand and is hunched over as if in pain.

KIVA: You're back.

(Rush looks down at a large bleeding cut on the back of his left hand.)

KIVA: That was me.

(Rush glowers at her.)

KIVA: I had to see whether you were faking.

RUSH (tetchily): Well, I wasn't.

KIVA: I apologise.

(She looks at him silently for several seconds until he gets the message.)

RUSH: Back to work, I know.



- posted by Kerry Burgess 10:16 AM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Tuesday 26 September 2017