Saturday, May 04, 2013

Baby squirrels can't jump at exit 107.




Damnedest thing today. During the 9 AM hour today I started hearing a low noise from outside my apartment patio door window.

After a few minutes I figured out there was a squirrel trapped on my patio.

My patio is sunken below ground level and the squirrel apparently couldn't jump back up to ground level and to freedom. Instead it started clawing on my patio door window.

Then I noticed there was a larger squirrel perched over the trapped squirrel. There is usually a cat sitting there on that ledge of my patio when I look outside at night.

What do I see more often in my sleeping dreams, cats or stairs? Definitely stairs. Ascending stairs, descending stairs, hallways, sometimes escalators, (myself standing in front of ascending escalator with another traveler at descending escalator as I hear him exclaim "Oh no!") more than escalators I see myself in an elevator pushing buttons and almost always never getting to the floor I want to go to. Cats show up in my sleeping dreams sometimes, probably not as often as stairs but I haven't been keeping count. Cats are usually looking at me. All those themes seem fairly new. I don't recall introspective details from ten years ago, for instance, about such detail in sleeping dreams.

So anyway I was going to ignore the squirrel for a while and see if it would free itself.

After a few more minutes I looked back through the venetian blinds and the smaller squirrel had stopped clawing my window and was just sitting quietly in the middle of the patio floor and looking up at the larger squirrel still at its post on the patio ledge.

I decided to toss out a piece of furniture on the patio toward the patio wall and see if the squirrel could use it to scale the concrete wall back to ground level.

I was concerned the squirrel would dart inside here to my apartment, but nope, it then started literally bouncing off the patio wall.

Apparently motivated by my movements as I unlocked the patio door and then started sliding back the patio door, watching the larger squirrel turn and flee out of my sight, and then sliding back the patio screen as I moved closer to the patio the squirrel was jumping up and down as it bounced itself off the concrete wall and then finally it made it up and over the ledge and back to ground level.

What is the significance of making that observation specifically today?

None that I know of. I have lived here for several years and that is the first time I have made that sort of observation.










http://www.imdb.com/video/hulu/vi1293352985

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

"The Outer Limits" - IMDb.com

"Decompression"

30 June 2000

Episode 13 Season 6

00:40:08


Senator Wyndom Brody: It worked!










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Sat, May 27, 2006 6:24:22 PM

Subject: Re: Journal May 27, 2006


That day I remember getting into the middle of a swamp with snakes dropping out of trees all around me must be from some battle. They were everywhere. I had seen plenty of snakes in my day, usally lying right in front of my path, but this one day was just insane. This one place I used to go squirrel, down in this heavily wooded creek in a valley was just crazy with snakes, but the squirrel hunting was the best around. I figured that was probably why the hunting was so good, because no one wanted to get in there with the snakes. Anyway, there at the end of that really bad day, I had to cross over this submerged wooden bridge. I couldn't even see the bridge because the water was so dark. I could just see myself dropping through the bridge into the water below, where it was writhing with snakes. The snakes represent either, or both, AAA flak or missiles. Marginally, there is some symbolism with Sidewinders, but these were cottonmouths. Maybe that is the distinction, they were just as deadly as Sidewinders, but were a different type.

There was good hunting in the front yard, they were red squirrels and I enjoyed those the most, but there wasn't many of them and that section of woods wasn't very expansive. In the back yard, with the creek and valley, there was a lot of room to explore, but there was only gray squirrels back there.

It was in the woods in front of the house that I figured out that if I swept away the leaves from a small area where my feet which be, I wouldn't have to wait as long for the red squirrels to start moving again. Before that, they always heard my feet rustling the leaves and wouldn't move.

Sometimes I would see a squirrel, gray I think, hopping around the tree in our front yard, but they usually stayed away.

We used to go to Sonic every day for lunch when I was in high school.

Damn. I killed a lot of squirrels. And I mean a LOT. Countless. I remember bringing home one day 6 of those red squirrels and there is something else in my memory that I just can't quite remember. The word 'special' comes to mind but I don't want to use it.

[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 27 May 2006 excerpt ends]










Did you know that exit 107 is at the intersection of I-26 and I-20 in Columbia South Carolina? I noticed that on the Google Streetview map during a weekday a few days ago.





http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/duranduran/thereflex.html

DURAN DURAN LYRICS

"The Reflex"

"You've gone too far this time"
But I'm dancing on the valentine
I tell you somebody's fooling around
With my chances on the dangerline
I'll cross that bridge when I find it
Another day to make my stand
High time is no time for deciding
If I should find a helping hand

[CHORUS]
So why don't you use it?
Try not to bruise it
Buy time don't lose it
The reflex is an only child he's waiting in the park
The reflex is in charge of finding treasure in the dark
And watching over lucky clover isn't that bizarre
Every little thing the reflex does
Leaves you answered with a question mark

I'm on a ride and I want to get off
But they won't slow down the roundabout
I sold the Renoir and the TV set
Don't want to be around when this gets out










http://www.imdb.com/video/hulu/vi1293352985

"The Outer Limits" - IMDb.com

"Decompression"

30 June 2000

Episode 13 Season 6

00:06:04


Senator Wyndom Brody: She was here. I saw her. I - I talked to her.

Jon Tarkman: Nobody is denying that you saw something, Senator.

Secret Service Agent Frank McKenna: So'd you talk to her?

Senator Wyndom Brody: I may have said something.

Secret Service Agent Frank McKenna: Did she say anything back?

Senator Wyndom Brody: I - I don't recall.

Jon Tarkman: Well, you know what? Perfectly understandable. The Senator here has been surviving on, like, two hours sleep tops, right, like the past week or so. You know, it's been, you know, one hell of a drill, right? I mean, I - I'm surprised to be honest that the guy is not seeing, you know, green elephants drinking banana daiquiris, okay?










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 12/26/06 9:50 PM
This looks like the map address of our house on Hicks Road. I am assuming there are different buildings now on our old lot, but I don't know when those images were taken. Some features that I recognize are that straight road directly to the south, which I remember as a dirt road. The dense forest on the west side of Hicks Road is recognizable. That pond in the field to the east and slightly north is recognizable, as well is the valley structure, with shallow gulley's, directly south of the pond. I "remember" walking through that area many times going into those woods to the east to hunt squirrels. I must have caught about 40 fish that first time I fished in that pond. I recognize that wooden bridge to the south of the house and it maps out to about a half-mile, as I "remember." I can see what seems to be the faint outline of a fence that surrounded our house.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 26 December 2006 excerpt ends]










http://www.tv.com/the-twilight-zone/stopover-in-a-quiet-town/episode/12736/recap.html

The Twilight Zone


Stopover in a Quiet Town


Bob and Millie Frazier are a young couple that have gone to a party and have become drunk. They wake up the next morning and find that they are not in their apartment, but in some stranger's house with their clothes still on from the party. They try to remember what happened, but they can't. Bob thinks that they probably wrecked and were knocked out and then someone brought them to the strange house. The only thing Millie remembers is that a strange shadow came over their car right before they "wrecked". When they go downstairs to see if anyone is there, they find an empty house. Bob tries the telephone, but when he picks it up it breaks off of the wall. Millie tries the drawers, but they are merely decorations, and the food in the refrigerator is fake. They hear a girl laughing and go outside to investigate. No one is to be seen outside. They try the next door neighbors' home, but no one is there either. The two then come up to a squirrel, but it suddenly falls off the branch and is stuffed. The couple tries to think of where everyone might be.










http://www.imdb.com/video/hulu/vi1293352985

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

"The Outer Limits" - IMDb.com

"Decompression"

30 June 2000

Episode 13 Season 6

00:38:02


Pilot: Ladies and gentlemen, we are making our final approach into Columbia Metro airport. Please take your seats and fasten your seatbelts. We should be on the ground in approximately six minutes.

The Stranger: When the plane crash-lands short of the runway you will be killed. Your legacy will be destroyed.

Senator Wyndom Brody: Michael, I - I think we need to rethink some of this.

The Stranger: If you are going to save yourself you must act now!

Senator Wyndom Brody: Individuals are important. One person can make a difference. But individuals do not take precedence over the common good. See, the people - the people need to know that we are all in this together.

The Stranger: What the public needs is you, Mr. President. Your country needs you. The future depends on you.

Senator Wyndom Brody: Unfortunately, people don't want to make a sacrifice anymore!










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 2006


The squirrels, thinking of first impressions, represent distance targets, not unlike distant aircraft


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 2006 excerpt ends]










http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/SGA_1.01_%22Rising_Parts_1_And_2%22_Transcript


STARGATE WIKI


SGA 1.01 "Rising Parts 1 And 2" Transcript [RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 ]


INT—WRAITH DINING ROOM

WRAITH QUEEN
What do you call yourself?

SUMNER
(with bravado)
Colonel Marshall Sumner, United States Marine Corps.

WRAITH QUEEN
(amused)
So little fear. Is it valor…or ignorance?

SUMNER
We travel through the Stargate as peaceful explorers.

WRAITH QUEEN
You must eat, yet you resist your hunger. Why?

SUMNER
Why have you taken my people prisoner?

WRAITH QUEEN
You trespassed upon our feeding ground.

SUMNER
(puzzled)
Feeding ground?

WRAITH QUEEN
All living things must eat. In this, I am sure we are similar. You feel hunger even now. I can sense it. Yet you resist. Why?

SUMNER
Why do you care?

WRAITH QUEEN
Hunger…is distasteful.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 10:24 AM Pacific Time Seattle USA Saturday 04 May 2013