Thursday, January 30, 2014

"Buzz off."




1964 film "Father Goose" DVD video:

00:11:57


Walter Eckland: Frank, I'll sue you! I'll sue you! I'll sue the entire war!

Frank: Quite right, Walter! I'll be your witness!










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2013 10:06 AM

To: 'Chad Trammell'

Subject: RE: Vault


From 3/3/1959 (the birthdate in Hawaii of my biological brother Thomas Reagan ) to 5/1/1973 ( the graduation of my biological brother Thomas Reagan from the University of Oxford at Lincoln College includes law degree for my brother Thomas Reagan ) is 5173 days


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 27 February 2013 excerpt ends]










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/movie_script.php?movie=father-goose


Springfield! Springfield!


- Mr Eckland?
- Quiet, quiet. Want me to mess this up?

Mr Eckland?

Now, I know you've saved up a lot to say,
but would you mind spreading it out?

You're doing it wrong.
It's backwards.

No, it isn't. See, the
boat's upside down.

Do it this way so when
you turn it over, you...

How can I get anything done when
you're chattering all the time?

Besides, you should be working.
Go on.










http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0007142/quotes

IMDb

Quotes for

Rachel Green (Character)

from "Friends" (1994)


"Friends: The One Where Monica Gets a Roommate (#1.1)" (1994)


Rachel: Well, it was about half an hour before the wedding and I was in the room where we were keeping all the presents and someone had bought us this beautiful Limoges gravy boat. And I realized I was more turned on by this gravy boat than by Barry. And that's when it hit me how much Barry looks like Mr. Potato Head!










http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/franksinatra/ithadtobeyou.html

FRANK SINATRA

"It Had To Be You"


Why do I do, just as you say, why must I just, give you your way
Why do I sigh, why don't I try - to forget
It must have been, that something lovers call fate
Kept me saying: "I have to wait"
I saw them all, just couldn't fall - 'til we met
It had to be you, it had to be you
I wandered around, and finally found - the somebody who
Could make me be true, and could make me be blue
And even be glad, just to be sad - thinking of you
Some others I've seen, might never be mean
Might never be cross, or try to be boss, but they wouldn't do
For nobody else, gave me a thrill - with all your faults, I love you still
It had to be you, wonderful you, it had to be you










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/movie_script.php?movie=father-goose


Springfield! Springfield!


- You're not listening to me, are you?
- Hold it, hold it.

Hey, hey, hey! Come on! Beat it, scram!










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/movie_script.php?movie=father-goose


Springfield! Springfield!


Sir, there's a chap outside
who's pinching our petrol.

All coastal watching stations
are assigned, except...

- Matalava, sir.
- Except Matalava, sir.

I haven't been able to find
a replacement for Anderson.

I don't believe there's a civilian
left on the entire north coast.

We could have transferred George Dickens
if he hadn't got himself eaten that way.

You needn't make him sound
such a shirker, Stebbings.










http://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/article/22387717

Trove Digitised newspapers and more


Thursday 26 December 1946

The Argus (Melbourne, Vic. : 1848 - 1956)


Electronically Translated Text

Why may this text have mistakes?

How to correct this text?

No corrections yet

King s Message

Better Days Lie Ahead

' London (AAP)

THE Empire showed, the way to the world when the bombs were falling, and it can, by its discipline, endurance, and patience, show the way into peace, said King. George in his Christmas message.

"Better days lie ahead," the King said. "Our task is to mobilise the Christmas spirit and apply its power and heal- ing to our daily life."

The King spoke alone in his study at Sandringham, where a gold microphone was installed. The Queen, the Princesses, and Queen Mary listened to his words through a loud speaker.

Burdens

"The year that is passing has not been easy," said His Majesty. "Statesmen and poli- ticians have been burdened with the resettlement of a world shattered by global war.

"All of us, instead of getting some well-earned relaxation after years of intensive work, have had to put our shoulders to the wheels of industry and agriculture with redoubled vigour. Men and women re- turned from wartime service to conditions that were only slowly improving from wartime austerity, while the housewife, perhaps the most gallant figure of all, still bears many of the extra burdens she bore so bravely throughout the war.










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/movie_script.php?movie=father-goose


Springfield! Springfield!


You needn't make him sound
such a shirker, Stebbings.

What's that, sir? For want of a nail?
The war was...

Yes, I'm well aware
of that, sir.

Hello, hello, hello.

I think I may have
found our nail, sir.

A rusty one, I grant you, but they don't
come any sharper. Excuse me, sir.

Sir, that's the chap I
was telling you about.

Later, Stebbings.

Who is he, sir? Is he
someone I should know?

His name's Walter
Eckland, an American.










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/movie_script.php?movie=father-goose


Springfield! Springfield!


Did you hear what I was saying?

- No, what were you saying?
- About the coastwatchers.

Matalava will be in the centre of things
when the Japanese move towards New Guinea.

It's important work, Walter.

Damned important.
I'd like you to volunteer.

Oh, I'd love to, Frank,

but I've only just volunteered for
another important watching service,

the 'Watch Out For
Walter Eckland' service.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 5:17 PM Pacific Time somewhere near Seattle Washington USA Thursday 30 January 2014