Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Common Era




http://www.simpsonsarchive.com/episodes/1F13.html

Deep Space Homer [ The Simpsons ]

Original airdate in N.A.: 24-Feb-94


Bart: Wow, my father an astronaut. I feel so full of...what's the opposite of shame?

Marge: Pride?

Bart: No, not _that_ far from shame.

Homer: [quavering] Less shame?

Bart: [happy] Yeah...


Marge: You know, Homer, when I found out about this, I went through a wide range of emotions. First I was nervous, then anxious, then wary, then apprehensive, then...kind of sleepy, then worried, and then concerned, but now I realize that being a spaceman is something you have to do.

Homer: Who's doing what now?


The next day, Homer shows up for training eating a pink donut.


Homer: Well, here I am, right on time. I don't see Barney "Let's, crash the rocket into the White House and kill the President" Gumble...

Assistant: Actually, he's been here since sunrise.

[Barney works with a punching bag]

Barney: Hi Homer. Since they made me stop drinking, I've regained my balance and diction! Observe: [does backflips] "I am the very model of a modern major general, I've information vegetable, animal, and mineral."

Homer: Oh, that's nothing. Watch this: [does cartwheels] "There once was a man fron Nantucket, Whose --" [smashes into a wall]










From 9/27/1929 ( Ernest Hemingway "A Farewell to Arms" ) To 7/16/1963 ( Phoebe Cates the United States Army veteran and the Harvard University graduate medical doctor and the world-famous actress and the wife of my biological brother Thomas Reagan ) is 12345 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 8/21/1999 is 12345 days



From 2/24/1994 ( premiere US TV series episode "The Simpsons"::"Deep Space Homer" ) To 8/21/1999 is 2004 days

2004 = 1002 + 1002

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 7/31/1968 ( premiere US film "Hang 'Em High" ) is 1002 days



From 12/25/1991 ( as United States Marine Corps chief warrant officer Kerry Wayne Burgess I was prisoner of war in Croatia ) To 8/21/1999 is 2796 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 6/29/1973 ( Richard Nixon - Executive Order 11726 - Energy Policy Office ) is 2796 days



From 12/25/1991 ( as United States Marine Corps chief warrant officer Kerry Wayne Burgess I was prisoner of war in Croatia ) To 8/21/1999 is 2796 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 6/29/1973 ( Richard Nixon - Statement Announcing Additional Energy Policy Measures ) is 2796 days



From 12/25/1991 ( as United States Marine Corps chief warrant officer Kerry Wayne Burgess I was prisoner of war in Croatia ) To 8/21/1999 is 2796 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 6/29/1973 ( Richard Nixon - Memorandum Directing Reductions in Energy Consumption by the Federal Government ) is 2796 days



From 5/28/1957 ( premiere US film "A Face in the Crowd" ) To 3/16/1991 ( my first successful major test of my ultraspace matter transportation device as Kerry Wayne Burgess the successful Ph.D. graduate Columbia South Carolina ) is 12345 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 8/21/1999 is 12345 days



From 4/14/1929 ( William Grover-Williams wins the first ever Monaco Grand Prix ) To 11/18/1996 ( premiere US film "Star Trek: First Contact" ) is 24690 days

24690 = 12345 + 12345

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 8/21/1999 is 12345 days



From 5/12/1991 ( I was the winning race driver at the Formula One Monaco Grand Prix ) To 8/21/1999 is 3023 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 2/11/1974 ( premiere US film "Thieves Like Us" ) is 3023 days



From 1/9/1961 ( Dwight Eisenhower - Proclamation 3388 - Enlarging the Bandelier National Monument, New Mexico ) To 10/28/1994 ( premiere US film "Stargate" ) is 12345 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 8/21/1999 is 12345 days



From 1/9/1961 ( Dwight Eisenhower - Remarks at Opening Session of the White House Conference on Aging ) To 10/28/1994 ( premiere US film "Stargate" ) is 12345 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 8/21/1999 is 12345 days



From 5/15/1925 ( Nelson Appleton Miles dead ) To 3/3/1959 ( the birthdate in Hawaii of my biological brother Thomas Reagan ) is 12345 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 8/21/1999 is 12345 days



From 8/20/1942 ( Glenn Seaborg discovers plutonium ) To 6/7/1976 ( my biological brother Thomas Reagan the civilian and privately financed astronaut in deep space of the solar system in his privately financed atom-pulse propulsion spaceship this day was his first landing the Saturn moon Phoebe and the Saturn moon Phoebe territory belongs to my brother Thomas Reagan ) is 12345 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 8/21/1999 is 12345 days



From 8/13/1946 ( H.G. Wells deceased ) To 8/21/1999 is 19366 days

19366 = 9683 + 9683

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 5/7/1992 ( the first launch of the US space shuttle Endeavour orbiter vehicle mission STS-49 includes me Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps officer and United States STS-49 pilot astronaut ) is 9683 days



From 1/17/1991 ( the date of record of my United States Navy Medal of Honor as Kerry Wayne Burgess chief warrant officer United States Marine Corps circa 1991 also known as Matthew Kline for official duty and also known as Wayne Newman for official duty ) To 8/21/1999 is 3138 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 6/6/1974 ( Richard Nixon - Remarks at a Luncheon With Prince Fahd of Saudi Arabia ) is 3138 days



From 1/17/1991 ( RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 - the Persian Gulf War begins as scheduled severe criminal activity against the United States of America ) To 8/21/1999 is 3138 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 6/6/1974 ( Richard Nixon - Remarks at a Luncheon With Prince Fahd of Saudi Arabia ) is 3138 days



From 3/20/1952 ( premiere US TV series "Gang Busters" ) To 8/21/1999 is 17320 days

17320 = 8660 + 8660

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 7/19/1989 ( Bill Gates-Microsoft-George Bush kills 111 passengers and crew of United Airlines Flight 232 and destroys the United Airlines Flight 232 aircraft because I was a passenger of United Airlines Flight 232 as United States Navy Petty Officer Second Class Kerry Wayne Burgess and I was assigned to maintain custody of a non-violent offender military prisoner of the United States ) is 8660 days





http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=56423

The American Presidency Project

William J. Clinton

XLII President of the United States: 1993-2001

Remarks at a Reception for Hillary Clinton in Nantucket

August 21, 1999


The President. We met in 1971. I noticed her in a class we were in in law school. And I had just broken up with this girl I was going with. [Laughter] And I noticed her in this class, and the reason I noticed her in this class, to be honest, is that she attended it less frequently than I had. [Laughter] And she was an interesting, compelling looking woman, so I followed her out of this class. And I got right behind her, and I said, "No, this is nothing but trouble." And I turned around, and I walked off, didn't say a word to her.

And then I kind of stalked her around the law school for 2 or 3 weeks, and I'd get up, and I'd say, "No, this is nothing but trouble," and I would walk off. [Laughter] So one night I was in the Yale Law School library. Now, any of you who have ever seen it, it's a big sort of long, gothic room. It's a skinny, long room. I'm at one end; Hillary is at the other. And there was a guy—I still remember this guy's name; his name was Jeff Glekel—trying to talk me into joining the law journal.

And I said—and it was one of these affirmative action things; he wanted a token guy with an accent. [Laughter] And so he wanted some redneck on the law journal at Yale. You know, it seemed like it would be a good thing. And I kept telling him I didn't want to be on the law journal because I was going home to Arkansas to live and what the hell did I need to be on the law journal. [Laughter] And all the time I'm staring at Hillary who is at the other end of the room, with a book.

So in the middle of this guy's passionate entreaty for me to join the law journal, Hillary slams down the book, and she walks across the library, and she looks at me and says, "Look, you have been staring at me for weeks, and I've been staring back. So at least we ought to know each other's name. I'm Hillary Rodham. What's your name?" I couldn't remember my name. [Laughter]

Now, question number one, this woman has initiative—good in a Senator.

The second thing I want to tell you is this: In 1973, after we had gone together for 2 years and we were very much in love, I was very ambivalent about Hillary coming home to Arkansas. She actually moved to Massachusetts for a while to work for the Children's Defense Fund. And I wanted her to go to New York or go home to Chicago because I thought she had such enormous potential for public service. I didn't want her to, of course; I wanted her to go with me. But I was so afraid I was, in effect, taking away from her life and from this country the most gifted person I had ever known up to that time.

Well, over 25 years later, I still haven't met anybody I thought was as gifted. And in 1993, when we moved to the White House, I said, "I want you to decide where you want to go and what you want to do when we get out of here. For 20 years we've gone where I wanted to go and done what I wanted to do, and I'll give you the next 20 years. And if I'm still alive after that, we'll fight over the rest." [Laughter]

And so all she is really doing today is what I thought for the benefit of the country and for the development of her own potential for service maybe she should have been able to do in 1973. I'm very glad she didn't do it then, and very glad she is doing it today.

Thank you very much.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0061747/quotes

IMDb


Hang 'Em High (1968)

Quotes


Marshal Dave Bliss: Some people call this hell, but you're still in Oklahoma Territory... Save your breath. I don't know who hung you or why, but if you're innocent, the judge will set you free. And if you're not, we'll have to take the trouble to hanging you again.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0061747/releaseinfo

IMDb


Hang 'Em High (1968)

Release Info

USA 31 July 1968 (premiere)



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0061747/fullcredits

IMDb


Hang 'Em High (1968)

Full Cast & Crew

Clint Eastwood ... Marshal Jed Cooper










From 5/7/1992 ( the first launch of the US space shuttle Endeavour orbiter vehicle mission STS-49 includes me Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps officer and United States STS-49 pilot astronaut ) To 2/24/1994 is 658 days

658 = 329 + 329

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 9/27/1966 ( Lyndon Johnson - Remarks to the Delegates to the Second National Conference of United States Marshals ) is 329 days



From 7/19/1989 ( Bill Gates-Microsoft-George Bush kills 111 passengers and crew of United Airlines Flight 232 and destroys the United Airlines Flight 232 aircraft because I was a passenger of United Airlines Flight 232 as United States Navy Petty Officer Second Class Kerry Wayne Burgess and I was assigned to maintain custody of a non-violent offender military prisoner of the United States ) To 2/24/1994 is 1681 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 6/10/1970 ( premiere US film "The Walking Stick" ) is 1681 days



From 4/18/1988 ( the United States Navy Operation Praying Mantis - my biological brother US Navy Fleet Admiral Thomas Reagan and I US Navy FC2 Kerry Wayne Burgess are both at the same time onboard the United States Navy warship USS Wainwright CG 28 when it evaded a Harpoon anti-ship missile from hostile Iran-Bill Gates-Microsoft-George Bush-Axis of Evil-Soviet Union-Communist forces but 2 United States Marine Corps aviators launched from USS Wainwright CG 28 killed this day ) To 2/24/1994 is 2138 days

2138 = 1069 + 1069

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 10/6/1968 ( premiere US film "The Charge of the Light Brigade" ) is 1069 days



[ See also: http://hvom.blogspot.com/2015/07/get-out-last-signal.html ]


http://www.tv.com/shows/the-simpsons/deep-space-homer-1381/

tv.com


The Simpsons Season 5 Episode 15

Deep Space Homer

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Feb 24, 1994 on FOX

AIRED: 2/24/94










http://www.nps.gov/people/nelson-miles.htm

National Park Service


Nelson Miles


QUICK FACTS

SIGNIFICANCE: Union general, post war commander in the Indian Wars

PLACE OF BIRTH: Westminster, MA

DATE OF BIRTH: August 8, 1839

PLACE OF DEATH: Washington, DC

DATE OF DEATH: May 15, 1925

PLACE OF BURIAL: Arlington, VA

CEMETERY NAME: Arlington National Cemetery

Nelson Appleton Miles was working as a crockery store clerk in the fall of 1861 when he organized a company of volunteers for the Union cause. He was elected its captain and rose rapidly through the ranks, serving with distinction at the Battles of Fair Oaks, Antietam, Fredericksburg, Chancellorsville, the Wilderness, Spotsylvania and Petersburg. He was wounded several times during these engagements and finally promoted to major general of volunteers in October 1865.

Immediately following the war, he was appointed commander of the District of Fort Monroe where he oversaw the incarceration of Jefferson Davis. He then departed for the West where, as a Colonel and later General in the Regular Army, he was involved in numerous campaigns against Native American bands resisting their confinement on government reservations. In 1890, Miles was promoted to Major General and two years later awarded the Medal of Honor for his actions at Chancellorsville in 1863.



http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/general-nelson-miles-is-born/print

HISTORY


AUGUST 08, 1839 : GENERAL NELSON MILES IS BORN

Nelson Miles, one of the most successful but controversial officers in the Plains Indian Wars, is born on a farm in Massachusetts.

Unlike many of his future colleagues in the army officer corps, Miles was not born into a life of privilege. As a teen, Miles worked as a clerk, spending his few moments of leisure pursuing a disciplined program of self-improvement through lectures, night school, and reading. When a war between the states seemed imminent in 1860, he concentrated his efforts on studying military tactics. He joined the Union Army as soon as the conflict erupted, and his gift for making effective tactical use of terrain won him rapid advances in rank.

In 1869, Miles assumed command of the 5th Infantry at Fort Hays, Kansas, and began his career as an Indian fighter. Miles was a courageous and bold officer, with an outstanding ability to organize and supply a large army. He was also arrogant and pompous, and he shamelessly maneuvered to advance his own career at the expense of his fellow officers. He considered many of his colleagues incompetent fools—especially those who had graduated from West Point-and was equally disliked in return.

Following the disastrous defeat of Custer’s 7th Cavalry at the Little Big Horn in late June 1876, Miles was given the task of running down the offending Sioux and Cheyenne Indians. Miles proved a highly effective opponent, craftily mixing threats of force with offers of good treatment if the hostile Indians agreed to surrender. Eventually, Miles succeeded in winning the surrender of thousands of Plains Indians.

Miles most celebrated victory came in 1886, when he secured the peaceful surrender of Geronimo and a small band of renegade Apache warriors. Although many other officers had played a role in encouraging Geronimo’s surrender, Miles characteristically accepted full credit for winning the surrender of the last hostile Indian in the U.S. He was less eager to accept blame for the massacre of at least 200 Indians at Wounded Knee four years later. Although Miles was not at Wounded Knee and regarded the massacre as an unforgivable blunder, the soldiers who participated had been under his command.

After 1895, Miles left the West and was appointed to a variety of prestigious posts in Washington, D.C. He eventually achieved the rank of lieutenant general before retiring. When the United States entered World War I, he volunteered to resume active duty. The war department tactfully declined to give the 77-year-old retired warrior a position. He died on May 15, 1925










http://www.grand-prix-monaco.com/formula1monaco/

GRAND PRIX OF MONACO


Grand Prix of Monaco


Grand Prix of Monaco The Monaco Grand Prix is a mythical race and all pilots dream to win on the circuit of the Principality.

It is the slowest and the most difficult of all circuits in the Formula 1 World Championship.

Winning in Monaco has to earned as the slightest error is fatal in the streets of the Principality..

William Grover-Williams won the first Grand Prix of Monaco. There after great names followed such as Schumacher, Senna, Prost, Fangio, Graham Hill.

Coming to the Formula 1 Grand Prix in Monaco is an unforgettable moment that must be anticipated and prepared.



http://www.scotsman.com/sport/more-sport/motorsport/formula-one-uncovering-the-mystery-of-william-grover-williams-1-2321005

THE SCOTSMAN


Formula One: Uncovering the mystery of William Grover-Williams

by Richard Bath

Published on the 27 May 2012 02:46


Richard Bath discovers that the first winner of the Monaco GP was an amazing man who went on to be a spy and met a grim end – or did he?

WHEN you watch the Monaco Grand Prix this afternoon, spare a thought for an obscure figure called William Grover-Williams, the most remarkable Formula One driver you’ve probably never heard of. And if you are aware of the Englishman, then the chances are that all you’ll know of him is that he won the first Monaco Grand Prix, back in 1929.

Yet there is so much more to this man of mystery who enthralled his contemporaries and who remains an enigma to this day. A brilliant yet aloof motorsport figure in the Roaring Twenties and the depression era, during the Second World War he became a spy and Resistance fighter who ran a network of agents in Paris, helped by two fellow racing drivers. He remains a fêted French hero – and a controversial figure about whom the real truth may never be known.

The son of a French mother and well-to-do English horse breeder Frederick Grover, who had moved to Paris at the turn of the century, Willy Grover grew up in Monte Carlo, where his 15th birthday present was an Indian motorcycle, and where he learnt to drive in his sister’s boyfriend’s Rolls-Royce.

Mechanically gifted and obsessed with speed, he was soon winning motorbike races and rallies, lying about his age and competing as “W Williams” so that his mother wouldn’t find out. He was also becoming wealthy. Not only was he winning prize money but, when he fell in love with Yvonne Aubicq, the beautiful mistress of celebrated Irish artist Sir William Orpen, for whom Grover worked as a chauffeur in Paris, Orpen gave their marriage his blessing, plus a large house and his open-top Rolls-Royce. Grover was also gaining fame as a driver, especially after the 1927 French GP, when he pushed world champion Robert Benoist all the way in an underpowered Talbot. The following year he won the French GP at Montlhéry after talking his friend Ettore Bugatti into selling him a second-hand Bugatti at a knockdown price.

Grover and Yvonne were an impossibly glamorous pair. They would race their powerful his-and-hers Hispano-Suiza cars around Monte Carlo at breakneck speed and dance endlessly at its best clubs, while Willy was a champion tennis player and golfer. The other drivers were captivated. “Some said he was a wealthy sportsman because he drove a magnificent town car,” said F1 driver and rival René Dreyfus. “Others thought he was one of the livery men who hired his car and his services as a chauffeur to wealthy clients. No one knew for sure.”

His fame hit new heights in 1929 when he won the inaugural Monaco Grand Prix. The race, the brainchild of cigarette baron Anthony Noghès and supported by Prince Louis II and the leading Monégasque driver Louis Chiron, was a remarkable event. There had been races in Tripoli, Antibes, Cannes and Algeria but Monaco was different, not least because the winner collected 100,000 Francs, a small fortune. Despite being drawn on the second row of the grid in the ballot, Grover-Williams, in his Bugatti, dominated the race, averaging over 80kph and finishing the 100 laps in a little under four hours, over a minute ahead of Frenchman Georges Bouriano and red-hot German favourite Rudolf Caracciola in his 7.1-litre Mercedes.

Although he stopped racing in 1936 having won six grands prix, Grover was already rich. He had a house in Paris and a villa in the fashionable Riviera resort of La Baule and topped up his income by teaching new Bugatti owners how to handle their powerful cars. All of that was to change in 1939 when war broke out. Despite being born and raised in France, Willy answered England’s call and enlisted as a driver.

In 1940, Willy, driving for a British general, smoothly effected a hair-raising escape via Brittany after they got cut off from Dunkirk. Combined with his fluent French, it marked him out and, after an intensive Special Operations Executive training course, on 31 May, 1942 the 36-year-old, code-named Vladimir, was dropped into France to try to establish a new Resistance network ahead of D-Day after the Germans had smashed the previous one in late 1941.

On landing, the first people he contacted were his wife and his old friend and rival Robert Benoist, who had been a pilot in the First World War. They also enlisted another F1 driver, Jean-Pierre Wimille. Their aim was to recruit, equip and train an underground army ahead of the expected invasion.

After performing many low-level acts of sabotage, particularly at the Citroën factory, Grover and Benoist were eventually caught when they were betrayed by Benoist’s brother Maurice.

Benoist effected a remarkable exit from a car filled with four Gestapo men by flinging himself and one guard out of the moving car, then escaped from a flat surrounded by eight more Gestapo pursuers before eventually making it back to Britain.

Grover was not so fortunate. Tortured and sent to Sachsenhausen concentration camp, he was systematically beaten and starved, and his wife was later told that he had been executed by firing squad alongside legendary British agent Francis Suttill just weeks before the end of the war. Nor did Benoist or Wimille meet happy ends. Benoist returned to France twice before being captured in Paris in June 1944 and executed in Buchenwald. Wimille survived the war but died in a ball of flame during a practice run for the 1949 Buenos Aires Grand Prix.

Yet there are many who believe that Grover survived. One rumour had a mysterious man signing autographs at race meetings as “Williams”, another insisted he lived on as a grocer in Surrey.

Recently released government documents report that, in 1947, a man named Grover-Williams was relocated to the USA by MI6 officers in Berlin, which would fit with the testimony of SS officer Kurt Eccarius, who insisted that Grover-Williams was taken to Berlin in January 1945 and then to Rawicz prison camp in Poland just before it was overrun by the Red Army.

Some historians have speculated that he was used by MI6 from 1945 to 1947, pointing to a photograph of Sachenhausen apparently annotated in his handwriting. MI6 says it knows what happened to him but refuses to provide any more detail. Beatrice van Lith, Robert Benoist’s granddaughter, is convinced that Grover-Williams survived. Her research revealed that, in 1948, a man named Georges Tambal – who shared Willy’s birthday, had a gift for mechanics and who bore marks of severe beatings on his head – moved in with Willy’s wife Yvonne at her Evreux home, where locals said they lived like man and wife. Tambal said he’d come from America via Uganda, two places where Willy had family ties (he picked up two giraffes on the way, which he sold to a local zoo). Finally, when the mayor of Evreux asked Tambal to sign the register at the town hall, as required by law, he got a visit from the Gendarmerie ordering him to waive the requirement.

If Tambal was Willy, then his death would have been unusually poignant. Moving to Agen on Yvonne’s death in 1973, he died ten years later when he was knocked off his bike – by a German tourist driving a Mercedes.










http://www.si.com/sports-illustrated/photos/2015/05/27/viewfinder-2015-monaco-grand-prix

SPORTS ILLUSTRATED


VIEWFINDER: 2015 MONACO GRAND PRIX

Formula One's Monaco Grand Prix, held annually on the Circuit de Monaco, was first run on April 14, 1929, with the checkered flag going to William Grover-Williams. Over the years the race has become so prestigious that it, along with the Indianapolis 500 and the 24 Hours of Le Mans, is now a part of the Triple Crown of Motor Sports.



http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/archive/article/june-2012/79/history-revived-streets-monaco

MotorSport


Page 79, June 2012

History revived on the streets of Monaco

With its harbourside setting and aura of glamour, the Principality’s Grand Prix Historique is unmatched

The first Monaco GP was run on April 14, 1929 so that the Principality could establish an event that would enable the Automobile Club de Monaco to attain full International status.

Although the Monte Carlo Rally had been run since 1911, little of it took place within Monaco itself and the ACM only held National status. Antony Noghès, the son of the club’s founder Alexandre Noghès, instigated the race and took charge of the myriad of organisational duties.

The first event was won by British driver William Grover-Williams










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0050371/releaseinfo

IMDb


A Face in the Crowd (1957)

Release Info

USA 28 May 1957 (New York City, New York)










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0117731/releaseinfo

IMDb


Star Trek: First Contact (1996)

Release Info

USA 18 November 1996 (Hollywood, California) (premiere)



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0117731/fullcredits

IMDb


Star Trek: First Contact (1996)

Full Cast & Crew

James Cromwell ... Zefram Cochran










http://www.chakoteya.net/movies/movie8.html

Star Trek: First Contact (1996)


TROI: It unites humanity in a way no one ever thought possible










Corporate Whore.










From 11/13/1992 ( premiere US film "Dracula" ) To 12/15/2000 is 2954 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 12/4/1973 ( Richard Nixon - Toasts of the President and President Ceausescu of Romania ) is 2954 days



[ See also: http://hvom.blogspot.com/2015/06/background-of-principal-subjects.html ]


http://www.nytimes.com/2000/12/16/nyregion/hillary-clinton-book-advance-8-million-is-near-record.html

The New York Times


Hillary Clinton Book Advance, $8 Million, Is Near Record

By DAVID D. KIRKPATRICK

Published: December 16, 2000

Senator-elect Hillary Rodham Clinton agreed last night to sell Simon & Schuster a memoir of her years as first lady, for the near-record advance of about $8 million.










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=the-simpsons&episode=s05e12

Springfield! Springfield!


The Simpsons

Bart Gets Famous


I didn't do it.

- [ Cricket Chirping ]










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0072274/releaseinfo

IMDb


Thieves Like Us (1974)

Release Info

USA 11 February 1974










http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/530808/Glenn-T-Seaborg

Encyclopædia Britannica


Glenn T. Seaborg

Glenn T. Seaborg, in full Glenn Theodore Seaborg (born April 19, 1912, Ishpeming, Mich., U.S.—died Feb. 25, 1999, Lafayette, Calif.), American nuclear chemist best known for his work on isolating and identifying transuranium elements (those heavier than uranium). He shared the 1951 Nobel Prize for Chemistry with Edwin Mattison McMillan for their independent discoveries of transuranium elements. Seaborgium was named in his honour, making him the only person for whom a chemical element was named during his lifetime.


Seaborg, together with Arthur C. Wahl and Joseph W. Kennedy, produced and identified the second known transuranium element, plutonium (atomic number 94), on Feb. 23, 1941, in Room 307 of Gilman Hall, which is now a National Historic Landmark. (McMillan had discovered the first transuranium element, neptunium [atomic number 93], the previous year at Berkeley.) In addition to plutonium, best known for its use as a fuel in certain types of nuclear reactors and as an ingredient in some nuclear weapons


The early studies of plutonium were carried out on a tracer scale with amounts too small to be weighed. The first visible amount of plutonium (about a millionth of a gram of plutonium fluoride) was isolated by Seaborg, Burris B. Cunningham, and Louis B. Werner on Aug. 20, 1942.










https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nantucket


Nantucket

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nantucket is an island 30 miles (50 km) south of Cape Cod, in the American state of Massachusetts.


History


English settlement

Nantucket's settlement by the English did not begin in earnest until 1659


Herman Melville commented on Nantucket's whaling dominance in Moby-Dick, Chapter 14: "Two thirds of this terraqueous globe are the Nantucketer's. For the sea is his; he owns it, as Emperors own empires". The Moby-Dick characters Ahab and Starbuck are both from Nantucket.










https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bandelier_National_Monument


Bandelier National Monument

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bandelier National Monument is a 33,677-acre (13,629 ha) United States National Monument in New Mexico preserving the homes and territory of the Ancestral Puebloans. Most of the pueblo structures date to two eras, in total from 1150 to 1600 CE.










http://www.azlyrics.com/m/modestmouse.html

AZ

MODEST MOUSE

album: "This Is A Long Drive For Someone With Nothing To Think About" (1996)



http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/modestmouse/spacetravelisboring.html

AZ

MODEST MOUSE

"Space Travel Is Boring"

Won herself a pass to some far off moon
It was second class but what's to lose



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 1:02 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Tuesday 22 December 2015