Friday, April 07, 2017

Time Machine




That was where I landed. The island where Jennifer Aniston was in the real world.

I tuned in tonight to this episode rebroadcast just at the cliff scene.





http://my.excite.com/tv/prog.jsp?id=EP000186930536&sid=82571&sn=FXXPHD&st=201704072030&cn=618

excite tv


The Simpsons (Repeat)

618 FXXPHD: Friday, April 7 8:30 PM [ 8:30 PM Friday 07 April 2017 Pacific Time USA ]

Sitcom, Animated

How I Wet Your Mother

When Homer's bed-wetting worsens, his family tries to infiltrate his dreams to find the source of the problem.

Cast: Dan Castellaneta, Julie Kavner, Nancy Cartwright, Yeardley Smith, Hank Azaria, Harry Shearer, Pamela Hayden, Tress MacNeille Director(s): Lance Kramer Executive Producer(s): James L. Brooks, Matt Groening, Al Jean

Original Air Date: Mar 11, 2012





http://my.excite.com/tv/prog.jsp?id=EP000186930564&sid=82571&sn=FXXPHD&st=201704072100&cn=618

excite tv


The Simpsons (Repeat)

618 FXXPHD: Friday, April 7 9:00 PM [ 9:00 PM Friday 07 April 2017 Pacific Time USA ]

Sitcom, Animated

Fabulous Faker Boy

Marge hires a beautiful piano instructor to help Bart explore his creative side; Homer loses his last two hairs.

Cast: Dan Castellaneta, Julie Kavner, Nancy Cartwright, Yeardley Smith, Hank Azaria, Harry Shearer, Pamela Hayden, Tress MacNeille Director(s): Bob Anderson Executive Producer(s): James L. Brooks, Matt Groening, Al Jean

Original Air Date: May 12, 2013










http://www.tv.com/shows/the-simpsons/how-i-wet-your-mother-2398925/

tv.com


The Simpsons Season 23 Episode 16

How I Wet Your Mother

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Mar 11, 2012 on FOX

Karma gets the best of Homer after he gets his friends in trouble, and as a result, his bedwetting problem worsens. The family goes on a mission to infiltrate his dreams to search for clues in his subconscious to determine the source of his problem. But just as things take a dangerous turn in the dream, a figure from Homer's past appears, and he is finally reassured that the fond memories of his mother Mona remain alive, giving him just the right amount of reassurance to cure him of his problem.

AIRED: 3/11/12










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: - Posted by H.V.O.M at 5:18 PM Sunday, March 04, 2012 - http://hvom.blogspot.com/2012/03/dont-try-to-adjust-your-set-we-are.html


This reminds me so much of a dream I had yesterday that I cannot help but to post here this observation because I just read this part and I wonder why I would have a dream now - why now - about something that seems so similar.

I mean, the issue is largely the same. It is about derivative works. How can I have a dream that is derivative of something that I have not read in months and why would I dream derivative details about that part? And why now?

The dream was yesterday I think. I have thought often about it and I have thought about writing it down somewhere but I never did, until now. I have been puzzling over whether is was associated somehow with the dream I awoke from this morning which was the second of two dreams, with the first probably more than two weeks ago, where I found myself falling a great distance and I knew there was no way I would survive the fall, in reality, but in the dream I did. As in the first dream, I was falling backwards towards the ground and I had fallen off, what seemed to be a mountain and I was in a pickup truck and the driver said something to me, which I do not recall now but his words were to the effect of "Oops" and as we fell straight down for what seemed to be at least a mile straight down I was thinking that whole way down and I had enough time to think about it and to begin to accept that I would splatter on the ground and, as with the first dream, I improbably began to see people standing on the ground come into my field of view so that meant I was only about three feet above the ground after falling for a mile or so and I knew the end was near. And then I knew the end was there. And then I sat up and looked around and there was nothing really scary about it. The fall was over and I was fine. I still remember how I felt glad afterwards that it was over. I dwell on that feeling more often as the day goes on today after having that dream this morning.

So anyway, in the dream I started off here to write about, I had that dream again about that house I used to own in South Carolina. This time, as with how certain details always vary, I was living there with a group of other people, which is a new detail. I didn't recall any of the people in the dream. So one person and I and digging a trench in the front yard that extends to the curb at the corner of the lot at the front yard. Then we are going to dig a trench that extends along the yard along the street in front of the house. At some point, I seem to be talking to someone about how there used to be a patch of juniper shrubs on each side on the inside of the circle driveway in front of the house. I was looking at it and the junipers were mostly gone and all that was left was some bare branches and I started to pull those up and removing them from the ground. I pulled up the first one and that was when I saw there was a hole in the ground. I started digging and I discovered what I thought over later was one of those big shipping containers and that was buried there. I found some stuff inside there and I think I forget some of the details now. Oh, right. Sports equipment. I saw maybe a bicycle. I definitely saw diving gear and a helmet for some deep diving gear. I remember I found a tiny FM radio of a type I remember owning long ago and it was about the size of a quarter but it was closer to cylindrical shape. A child was there near me then, who seemed to be part of the group living in the house with me, and I was showing her how the radio worked and I operated a slide lever on the side to turn on the radio. I might have found other stuff in there but I don't recall now. I do recall I found a stack of cash. It seemed to be all forty dollar bills though and after being awake for a while I started thinking that the color was wrong and that might now [ CORRECTION: might not ] have been United States currency.

Then I found a second container next to that one and that was to the right-hand side if you were standing in front of the house and looking towards the street. That one made me start thinking after being awake that it was not a large metal shipping container but just a small brick structure. I remember having a hard time reaching into the back to get all the items but now I am not certain if I am thinking of the third compartment I found that was to the right of the second compartment, as though they were stacked side-by-side and buried underground on the slope of that hill that was my property.

What I do recall about the second container is that I pulled out a large platter of what seemed to be barbecued chicken portions. The metal platter reminds of what you might see in a large restaurant where a lot of the portions are being cooked at one time. The scenery is contradictory in my mind as I try to visualize and I seemed to have been pulling out other portions of various types of animals that were cooked for meals. The whole scene left me with an unappetizing notion about that food. Especially since it seemed to have been sealed in there for a few decades.

I forgot what all I found in the third container, and I think I am thinking of details about the third container but this all less clear now. I remember clearly pulling out a book that had "Senator" printed on it and I think there was person's name on it too, but I don't recall those details now.

The point of all this is that at some point, I feel certain after I discovered the containers and their contents, I was handed a piece of paper that was legal size and it had some similar to a manila folder page behind it, although it wasn't the standard manila folder color and it was the size of legal paper too, although slightly larger, and I think it was bluish-green.

I don't recall the precise words on that legal-size sheet of paper but the message was that some delivery company had attempted to deliver a parcel to me and they had left the parcel, or letter, or registered letter, or something that I don't really recall, at the house of my neighbor, which I shared a property line with, on the right-hand side from the front of my house and looking toward the street.

According to the details I became aware of in the dream, the occupant of that house was "Houck." That was the guy's name. I heard some dialog, including my own, about pronouncing his name as "Hawk."

As best I recall now from the dream, that sheet of paper informed me, of which there was a great more detail than could be associated with such a message, that the delivery company had attempted to deliver a package to my house but I wasn't there so they left it at the house of my neighbor, "Houck."

I looked over there at that house and all the lights were off. The message indicated, I don't recall the precise details, that the package was something from the AT&T company, and I have been left with the sense since being awake and after thinking about it quite a few times that it was some kind of promotional item from them and looking at the lights being off at that house, I thought of how trying to find out if anyone was home so I could get the package did not seem overly important at that time.

A few years ago, I would have wrote here about one other detail that in the context of the dream that the narrator had told me in that foreign dream that "Houck had something for me." I cannot now recall if that was precisely the words I had the sense of from the dream but that seems close enough. That sense was also present that what ever it was that had been left for me at that house wasn't all that important and for some reason I think that is just some kind of message in itself that was being communicated to my by means that I don't fully understand at this time.

I think that was the ending of the dream. I thought about it a lot because that was another dream about that house I used to own in Greer South Carolina.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 04 March 2012 excerpt ends]










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=the-simpsons&episode=s23e16

Springfield! Springfield!


The Simpsons

How I Wet Your Mother


Well, perhaps I can help. You see, I have invented a device that allows you to enter someone else's dreams and explore their subconscious. So we can go inside Homer's sleeping mind and find out why he's wetting the bed? Uh, yes. In fact, I just used it to cure another Springfielder of his particular obsession. Normal Stu likes normal things! Hmm. (Homer snoring) (continues snoring) We're actually entering Dad's dreams? Yes, yes. You see, it's the only way you can uncover the psychological trauma that is causing your father's secret shame. Why does Maggie have to go? What am I, a babysitter?! (click) (sigh) So no school for me. (whooshing, zapping) (grunting) (chuckles) Hey, guys, whatcha doing in my dream? Trying to fix your broken brain. My brain's fine. In my dreams, I'm an intermediate skier! (Maggie sucking pacifier) (sinister laughter) Ski patrol! Everybody be cool! It's Death! I recognize him from 40th birthday cards. (Death chuckling) Homie, this might be a clue.





http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=the-simpsons&episode=s23e16

Springfield! Springfield!


The Simpsons

How I Wet Your Mother


(Death chuckling) Homie, this might be a clue. What's in that coffin could be behind your nighttime oopsies. You wet the bed?! Oh great! Now Death knows! (whimpering) (screams) What do you see? Uh, nothing, typical dream nonsense. (all screaming) Relax. Everyone knows that if you die in a dream, you just wake up. (phone rings) Oh, uh, actually, because I neglected to install the latest Adobe Acrobat update, if you die in the dream, you die in real life. (gasps) Incidentally, I've also proven that Hell is real, and everyone goes there. Frink out. (all screaming) (screaming) Wait a minute, I can't die. (roaring) Mommy. (screaming resumes) Listen, everyone. We should fall asleep in this dream. One minute at this level equals two hours one dream level below. Wait, dreams have rules? Everything has rules, Bart. Not me, when I hit the dance floor. (making goofy noises) Ooh-ooh-ooh! Ah-ah-ah! (snoring) (belches) Bart! Can the chatter and fetch me a baloney sandwich. Why don't you fetch it yourself, man. Bart's making faces! Shut up, you kids, and bring me baloney. (grunting) Wait nicely. Simpson family? Now, I believe that to solve Homer's problem, he must face what's inside the coffin. Forget it, Doc. What if that's my marriage in there? Marriage, shmarriage.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: - posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 10:26 PM Pacific Time somewhere near Seattle Washington USA Friday 18 April 2014 - http://hvom.blogspot.com/2014/04/inception-2010.html

Posted by Kerry Burgess

FRIDAY, APRIL 18, 2014

Inception (2010)


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 18 April 2014 excerpt ends]










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=the-simpsons&episode=s23e16

Springfield! Springfield!


The Simpsons

How I Wet Your Mother


(screaming) Uh, we're goona be here a long time. Oh Death, you're a life saver. Thank you, Death. May I ask, what's taken so long with Larry King? I am not Death. Mom?! Grandma So your alive? No. But I live on in Homer's dreams. Just like my hair. It's Jennifer Aniston's



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 9:58 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Friday 07 April 2017