Sunday, April 22, 2007

Final Mission

333 days - From the attack on the USS Stark FFG-31 to the attack on the USS Samuel B. Roberts FFG-58 was 333 days.

33 weeks, 4 days - After the USS Samuel B. Roberts FFG-58 was attacked, the “Star Trek: The Next Generation” episode, “Elementary, Dear Data,” that introduced the super-villain “Professor Moriarty” premiered 33 weeks, 4 days, later.

33 weeks, 3 days - George W. Bush took office 33 weeks, 3 days, before the 9/112001 attacks on the Pentagon and New York. There is clear evidence that George W. Bush is a traitor and was engaged in stealing my identity and intellectual property, as an accomplice of Microsoft-Corbis, even before he took office.

334 days - From the attack on the USS Cole DDG-67 to the 9/11 attacks on the Pentagon and New York was 334 days.

33 months, 4 days - From my first day working undercover at Microsoft on 12/7/98, which was also the day Bill Gates commented the U.S. government was trying to destroy Microsoft, to the 9/11 attacks was 33 months, 4 days.


Professor James Moriarty is a fictional character who is the best known antagonist (and archenemy) of the detective Sherlock Holmes. Widely considered to be the first true example of a supervillain, Moriarty is a criminal mastermind, described by Holmes as the "Napoleon of Crime". (T. S. Eliot would later use the same phrase, in homage, to describe Macavity in Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats.) Arthur Conan Doyle, the creator of Sherlock Holmes, lifted the phrase from a real Scotland Yard inspector who was referring to Adam Worth, a true-life (though non-violent) model for Moriarty.



That night I "remember" riding around town in Chad Trammel's car most certainly reflects the night I was shot down and became a POW in Libyan. We must have been shot down in the country of Chad and then the Libyans captured me on the ground. I have all kinds of details memories about that night. There was something about me moving my foot over to press down on the gas pedal as Chad was pressing down on the brake. I have wondered several times over the years what that was supposed to accomplish. I have been wondered if it had something to do with me, for some reason I can’t remember, operating the foot controls of the jet. There was also some kind of electronic contraption I was operating and that must certainly represent that I was the bombardier/ navigator in an A-6 Intruder or the equivalent role in an EA-6 Prowler. But since Chad's last name was Trammel, I would guess we were in an A-6 TRAM bomber. I remember that night on the town ended when I backed his car into Tom Withem's pickup. I don’t think those people exist in reality; rather they were all created as part of the fiction of my official federal uncover identity.

I have also been wondering if this all is connected to that “hanging chad” media circus that ushered George W. Bush into office. I am quite certain that my captors while I was a POW would leave me hanging with a noose around my neck until I passed out. I wondered for a while why I didn’t have any scars on my neck, but then I remembered that I did; it’s just that the cuts on my neck from the rope weren’t very deep and they faded over time. It was a long two months in that prison. And then I was out in the wilds of Africa for almost 400 days, living off the land, trying to make it back to the Navy.

Chads are paper particles created when holes are made in a paper, card or similar synthetic materials, typically computer punched tape or punch cards.

Chads were made famous in the highly contentious 2000 presidential election in the United States, where a majority in the U.S. Electoral College was determined in Florida by the counting of punch card ballots. Voters leaving incompletely-punched holes resulted in partially-punched chads, where one or more corners were still attached, or dimpled chads (also known as pregnant chads) where all corners were still attached, but an indentation appeared to have been made.


This episode titled “Final Mission,” premiered 3 years, 359 days, after 11/25/1986. That date 11/25/1986 is when I think my family had a funeral service for me, thinking I had been killed in the deserts of Africa. In my symbolic and artificial memories, it is the day my step-brother was killed when he crashed his red pickup a few miles down the road from where he had dropped me off at our parents house. In reality, that probably represents that the pilot of the A-6 Intruder I was in ordered me to eject after we had been hit by anti-aircraft fire but then he was able to eject because he was trying to keep the aircraft stable for my ejection. The jet spun out of control and crashed with him still in it.

Star Trek: The Next Generation
Final Mission

Production: 183
Season: 4
Episode: 9
Air Date: 11.19.1990
Stardate: 44307.3

Picard summons Wesley Crusher to the Bridge, where he informs the youngster that he has been accepted to Starfleet Academy. He further honors Wesley by asking him to accompany him on a final mission to help mediate a dispute on Pentarus V. When the U.S.S. Enterprise is called to investigate another nearby crisis, Picard and Wesley proceed alone, traveling with a representative of the planet, Dirgo, in his dilapidated shuttle. En route, the shuttle fails, forcing an emergency landing on a desert-like moon. Upon learning Dirgo is not traveling with water, Picard positions a makeshift arrow in the sand to indicate their direction and heads toward a mountain range for shelter.

Back on board the U.S.S. Enterprise, the crew learns that the shuttle is missing, but cannot aid in the search because they are involved in an emergency mission of their own, removing an ancient waste vessel that is leaking radiation from the atmosphere of a nearby planet. Meanwhile, Picard, Wesley and Dirgo reach the mountains, where Wesley locates a water fountain inside a cavern. Upon discovering a force field that stands between them and the water, an impatient Dirgo begins firing at the force field, summoning an electrical sentry that begins moving toward them. Dirgo fires at the sentry, triggering a rock slide. As the boulders hurl toward Wesley, Picard pushes him out of the way, and is severely injured in the process.



As I was watching this episode last night, during the scene described below, I said to myself that it reflects the perils of chivalry. Then the thought occurred to me that this scene incorporates a lesson I learned personally in Vietnam during the war.

"All Our Yesterdays" is a third season (and the penultimate) episode of Star Trek: The Original Series, first broadcast March 14, 1969 and repeated on August 5, 1969. It is episode #78, production #78, written by Jean Lisette Aroeste, and directed by Marvin Chomsky. It guest-stars Mariette Hartley as Zarabeth.

Overview: Kirk, Spock and McCoy are trapped in the past on a world threatened by a supernova.

Meanwhile, Kirk arrives in an alleyway at a point in Sarpeidon's history reminiscent of Earth's Charles II era. He manages to rescue a disheveled-looking woman from being assaulted by sword-bearing nobles. Kirk chases the assailants away, but then discovers the "maiden in distress" is really a thief that was attempting to cut the man's purse.

He offers to have McCoy treat the woman's wounds, but on looking where he came from, sees only a stone wall. Kirk steps back to the alley but cannot locate the time portal. He discovers he can still talk to McCoy and Spock but cannot get to them.