Monday, December 03, 2018

Space Pope



Today, 03 December 2018, was the day I finally got around to figuring out the manual focus feature of my best camera.

I was impressed by the camera operation in manual focus.

For a very long time I have fought with the automatic focus of my super-zoom camera for my brilliant photography of the sunrise and the sunset and my frustration one time got to point of wanting to smash it on the concrete at my feet.

The manual focus feature is very easy to use. But I hadn't given it much thought after the first time I tried it with my Sony Alpha camera. I had a cheap, low-quality lens I got from an Amazon seller, and along with it breaking my tripod, I was disheartened by the results of the images. So I continued fighting with the automatic focus. It works well but I still am not satisfied with the amateur quality of my digital photography images.

I wish I had gotten the manual focus figured out when the heaviest snowburst was occurring today. After a few minutes of trial and error I got it figured out but the heaviest snowfall had passed. 3 or 4 more feet of accumulated snowfall to go in these first few days of meteorological winter so maybe I'll get another chance. The inevitable deepening of the cold air will change the type of snowfall I see though, and these earliest events are probably the best I will get. With an above average temperature winter predicted who knows what will happen.

I sure do hate you all.







DSC00823.jpg - Kerry Burgess, 03 December 2018



DSC00826.jpg - Kerry Burgess, 03 December 2018



DSC00829.jpg - Kerry Burgess, 03 December 2018



DSC00831.jpg - Kerry Burgess, 03 December 2018




DSC00848.jpg - Kerry Burgess, 03 December 2018




DSC00852.jpg - Kerry Burgess, 03 December 2018



- posted by Kerry Burgess 8:01 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Monday 03 December 2018