Saturday, November 25, 2023

Today is 11/25/2023






2023-10-14_1









"Wool" book 1 of the "Silo" series, by Hugh Howey, author

excerpts, page 21 of 1663, Amazon Kindle version

So Holston simply chose not to look. He walked through that place of his wife's ghostly struggle, where bad memories lay eternal, that scene of her sudden madness, and entered his office.









"Wool" book 1 of the "Silo" series, by Hugh Howey, author

excerpts, page 29 of 1663, Amazon Kindle version

Chapter 3

Three years earlier









"Wool" book 1 of the "Silo" series, by Hugh Howey, author

excerpts, page 30 of 1663, Amazon Kindle version

She paused and glanced down at the spread of paperwork around Holston

"I'm not passing judgment, not saying anyone was right or wrong or anything like that. I'm just suggesting that maybe the servers weren't wiped out by the rebels during the uprising. Not like we've always been told, anyway."

That got Holston's attention. The mystery of the blank servers, the empty past of the silo's ancestors, haunted them all. The erasure was nothing more than fuzzy legend.

"What do you think caused it," he asked his wife. "Do you think it was an accident? A fire or power outage?" He listed the common theories.

Allison frowned. "No," she said. She lowered her voice and looked around anxiously. "I think *we* wiped the hard drives. Our ancestors, I mean, *not* the rebels."



peered over her shoulder at the monitor.

"Are those dates?" he asked.

She nodded. "Just about every two decades, there's a major revolt. This report cataloged them. It was one of the files deleted during the most recent uprising. *Our* uprising.

She said *our* like either of them or any of their friends had been alive at the time. Holston knew what she meant, though. It was the uprising they had been raised in the shadow of, the one that seemed to have spawned them - the great conflict that hung over their childhoods, over their parents and grandparents. It was the uprising that filled whispers and occupied sideways glances.

"And what makes you think it was us, that it was the good guys who wiped the servers?"

She half turned and smiled grimly. "Who says we are the good guys?"

Holston stiffened. "Don't start. Don't say anything that might - "

"I'm kidding," she said, but it wasn't a thing to kid about. It was two steps from traitorous, from *cleaning*. "My theory is this," she said quickly, stressing the word *theory*. "There's generational upheaval, right? I mean, for over a hundred years, maybe longer It's like clockwork." She pointed at the dates. "But then, during the great uprising - the only one we've known about till now - someone wiped the servers. Which, I'll tell you, isn't as easy as pressing a few buttons









"Wool" book 1 of the "Silo" series, by Hugh Howey, author

excerpts, page 32 of 1663, Amazon Kindle version

"What tells me something," she continued, "is that there were uprisings every generation for all this time, but there hasn't been an uprising *since*." Allison bit her lip.

Holston sat up straight. He glanced around the room and allowed her observation to sink in. He had a sudden vision of his wife yanking his sleuthing bag out of his hands and making off with it.

"So you're saying that someone wiped out our history to stop us from repeating it?"

"Or worse." She reached out and held his hand with both of hers. Her face had deepened from seriousness to something more severe. "What if the reason for the revolts was right there on the hard drives? What if some part of our known history, or some data from the outside, or maybe the knowledge of whatever it was that made people move in here long, long ago - what if that information built up some kind of pressure that made people lose their marbles, or go stir-crazy, or just want *out*?"

Holston shook his head. "I don't want you thinking that way," he cautioned her.

"I'm not saying they were right to go nuts," she told him, back to being careful. "But from what I've pieced together so far, this is my theory."

Holston gave the monitor an untrusting glance. "Maybe you shouldn't be doing this," he said. "I'm not even sure *how* you're doing it, and maybe you shouldn't be."

"Honey, the information is there. If I don't piece it together now, somebody else will at some point. You can't put the genie back in the bottle."









From 8/18/1953 ( ) To 7/30/2011 ( "Wool" by Hugh Howey, author - book 1 of "Silo" series ) is 21165 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 10/14/2023 ( by me, Kerry Burgess, illustrated ) is 21165 days









https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/August_1953

August 1953

From Wikipedia

August 18, 1953

The second of the controversial Kinsey Reports, Sexual Behavior in the Human Female, was published in the US.









From 11/17/1994 ( premiere USA film "Star Trek Generations" ) To 10/14/2023 ( ) is 10558 days

10558 = 5279 + 5279

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 4/16/1980 ( premiere USA TV "The Body Human: The Body Beautiful" ) is 5279 days










star-trek-generations_00h18m26s









Star Trek Generations (1994)

(from internet transcript)

PICARD: Will, ...just imagine what it was like. No engines. No computers. Just the wind and the sea and the stars to guide you.

RIKER: Bad food, brutal discipline. ...No women!

COMM VOICE: Bridge to Captain Picard.

PICARD: Picard here.

COMM VOICE: There's a personal message for you from Earth.










star-trek-generations_01h35m44s
star-trek-generations_01h37m42s
star-trek-generations_01h37m44s










DSC03321 -1









From 9/29/2019 ( ) To 10/14/2023 ( ) is 1476 days

1476 = 738 + 738

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 11/10/1967 ( premiere US TV series episode "Star Trek"::"Metamorphosis" ) is 738 days










DSCN8000 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, 09/29/2019









Star Trek - "Metamorphosis" - tv series Season 2 Episode 9 - 11/10/1967

(from internet transcript)

KIRK: Oh, and excuse me, Assistant Federation Commissioner Hedford.

COCHRANE: Ma'am. You're food to a starving man. All of you. Hey, that's a nice ship. Simple and clean.









(From the doorway, the three see a swirly thing which then disappears. Cochrane comes in with a tray of drinks.)

KIRK: What was that?

COCHRANE: Well, sometimes the light plays tricks on you. You'd be surprised what I've imagined I've seen around here sometimes.









From 2/14/1969 ( premiere USA TV series episode "Star Trek"::"Requiem for Methuselah" ) To 10/14/2023 ( ) is 19965 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 7/1/2020 ( ) is 19965 days









Other posts by me, Kerry Burgess, on this calendar-day 07/01/2020 topic
Quote Tweet
CIA
@CIA
Jul 1
We lied about our husbands jobs, stalled inquisitive policemen, befriended minister's wives, kept our ears open at parties, and worried in silence alone. We were the CIA wives. You never knew us.










star-trek-tos_season3-ep19_00h05m54s
star-trek-tos_season3-ep19_00h08m12s
star-trek-tos_season3-ep19_00h08m14s









by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: July 1, 2020

Some of the scenes that have stayed with me after waking earlier is a scene in a bank

Then there was a scene in a used-car parking lot

A woman was with me in the bank

She was there in the parking lot but I can't visualize that part any more. Earlier scenes have faded

The scene in the used-car parking has faded somewhat and the earlier part is impossible for me to articulate

The first part I remember is that I had some sort of master-key-device to unlock the ignition and other vehicle locks that was used by the workers

I don't recognize anything about that special device from real life

There was a vehicle to my left that I cannot now describe, other than it had been of some interest to me for some reason

What I do remember specifically is that I had unlocked, perhaps secretively, another vehicle and one that I liked.

Seemed to be a red-color Chevrolet pickup-truck of unknown model-year

The powerful engine, when started, appealed to me and my masculinity, I guess.

I took note of the devices in the back of the truck

This part may be an influence caused by my enthusiasm for the Space Engineers computer-game that still has me intoxicated with it

In the back of the truck was various devices that cause me to think of the components

Components I install on my various space-ships. Antennas, ore-detector, gyroscope

In my sleeping-dream, I saw none of those things but that's what I'm thinking of after waking

Also, one other scene has stayed with me

After I cranked up the powerful-sounding engine, the odometer began spinning wildly

I was amazed to count-up that the numbers exceeded 2 million miles

I think it was the final scene with the aliens and I was watching from a different swimming-pool, watching it all









by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: May 10, 2023

excerpts

https://poetry.com/poem/30347/evelyn-hope

"Evelyn Hope"

by Robert Browning

IV.

No, indeed! for God above
Is great to grant, as mighty to make,
And creates the love to reward the love:
I claim you still, for my own love's sake!









WarGames (1983)

Jennifer: What's so special about playing games with some machine?

David Lightman: Oh, no... No, it's not just some machine.









by me to Real Love Sex Dolls:

March 16 2021 @ 11:56 PM

Order #34489

You said: I just placed the order a few minutes ago. Can I make that request now that the order has gone through? I would like to have it manufactured without the anal orifice if it's not too late Can you update the order for me?









WarGames (1983)

Quotes

Malvin: I can't believe it, Jim. That girl's standing over there listening and you're telling him about our back doors?









MCCOY: Physically human but not human. These are earlier versions of Rayna, Jim. She's an android.

FLINT: Created here by my hand.



(Kirk is having a look around when Rayna enters and goes to a closed door)

KIRK: You left us. The room became lonely.

RAYNA: It is a thirst, a flower dying in the desert.

KIRK: What? What's in there?

RAYNA: I do not know. Flint told me never to enter. He denies me nothing else.









From 12/2/2017 ( ordered by me: "Evelyn" - named by vendor ) To 3/16/2021 ( ordered by me: "Hope" - cluelessly named by me after-the-fact and before checking this code-pattern ) is 1200 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 2/14/1969 ( premiere USA TV series episode "Star Trek"::"Requiem for Methuselah" ) is 1200 days



From 1/20/1928 ( from The Daily Princetonian publication, Princeton University: Osborn Confident Coming Asiatic Expedition Will Find Remains Of Earliest Shape Of Man ) To 6/3/1983 ( premiere USA film "WarGames" ) is 20223 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 3/16/2021 ( ) is 20223 days



From 6/30/1965 ( from Wikipedia on the global-internetwork: New York became the first state in the United States to require apartment building landlords to provide a peephole for all entrance doors for apartment units. ) To 3/16/2021 ( ) is 20348 days

20348 = 10174 + 10174

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 9/10/1993 ( premiere USA TV series pilot "The X-Files" ) is 10174 days



From 11/18/1996 ( premiere USA film "Star Trek: First Contact" ) To 3/16/2021 ( ) is 8884 days

8884 = 4442 + 4442

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 12/31/1977 ( premiere USA TV series episode "In Search of..."::"The Man Who Would Not Die" ) is 4442 days



From 6/5/1993 ( Princeton University, Commencement Week for Class of 1993, Graduate School reception ) To 3/16/2021 ( ) is 10146 days

10146 = 5073 + 5073

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 9/23/1979 ( premiere USA TV series "Trapper John, M.D." ) is 5073 days









"Requiem For Methuselah" [ Star Trek ]

Original Airdate: 14 Feb, 1969

SPOCK: How many other names shall we call you?

FLINT: Solomon, Alexander, Lazarus, Methuselah, Merlin, Abramson. A hundred other names you do not know.










DSC03397_ -2










2010-10-11_5









by me, Kerry Burgess - H.V.O.M at 6:31 PM Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Maybe tomorrow.

Nothing today. Maybe I'll hear something tomorrow.

[ quote: ] Epic poetry agrees with Tragedy in so far as it is an imitation in verse of characters of a higher type. They differ, in that Epic poetry admits but one kind of metre, and is narrative in form. They differ, again, in their length: for Tragedy endeavours, as far as possible, to confine itself to a single revolution of the sun, or but slightly to exceed this limit; whereas the Epic action has no limits of time.

The Poetics - Aristotle [end quote]









excerpts

https://hvom.blogspot.com/2023/11/today-is-11232023.html

by me, Kerry Wayne Burgess, posted by me at 8:22 PM

Number 878: The Farthest Man From Home

I am Kerry Burgess. This is what I think.

Thursday, November 23, 2023

Today is 11/23/2023

by me, Kerry Burgess, 11/23/2023 02:01 AM

I've got 2 more episodes of "Silo" to watch

[ excerpt ends - Today is 11/23/2023 ]









excerpts

by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: H.V.O.M at 2:20 PM Saturday, July 30, 2011

I had seen others like him and he was identifiable by the long overcoat he was wearing that was just a plain color of wool

[excerpt ends]









continuing updates

From 11/4/1986 ( as me, Kerry Burgess, my official enlisted US Navy documents includes: Date Completed - US Navy Fire Control Technician Class "A", Service School Command, Naval Training Center, Great Lakes, Illinois, - leading to permanent assignment until 1990 to CF-division, Missile Plot - guided-missiles Fire Control Computers Complex (UNIVAC digital-computers Mk152 Terrier System for, primarily, SM2-ER {Extended Range} Standard Missiles ordnance), USS Wainwright CG-28, US Navy, while enlisted paygrade E-5, designated Petty Officer Second Class Fire Controlman (FC2) ) To 7/30/2011 ( ) is 9034 days

9034 = 4517 + 4517

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 3/16/1978 ( Spokane's The Spokesman-Review reports national-news: Writer on cloning attacks his critics ) is 4517 days










stargate-1994_00h11m04s
stargate-1994_00h11m12s









from my private journal, as me, Kerry Burgess, typed after being released from the USA Veterans Affairs psychiatric hospital enduring many months sitting in a grungy two-computer room in a homeless shelter on the waterfront in downtown Seattle:

From: Kerry Burgess {me}

Sent: Sunday, May 21, 2006 11:04 AM

To: Kerry Burgess {me}

Subject: Re: Journal May 21, 2006

Kerry Burgess wrote:

I think it was my first thought after waking up this morning that I used to date Julia Roberts a long time ago.

I also have these unexplained thoughts that I was a fighter pilot in the U.S. military, although I'm not sure which service, but I may have been in two different branches over time. I am also confused about thoughts that I may have been a helicopter pilot. What's next? A space shuttle pilot? Seems like a lot for someone that is only 40. And, while I am not sure when this divergence happened, I am reasonably certain it was before I turned 33. So I must have been a pretty busy guy. Especially because I have thoughts that I was some kind of mathmetician too. I have these thoughts too that I was captured by enemy forces at some point and tortured while in captivity.



by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my private journal: 9/26/2006 3:06 PM

As I was trying to go to sleep last night, I had a thought that I have a doctorate in computer science from Princeton.

and I had thoughts that I studied music as well at Princeton.



from my private journal, as me, Kerry Burgess, typed after being released from the USA Veterans Affairs psychiatric hospital enduring many months sitting in a grungy two-computer room in a homeless shelter on the waterfront in downtown Seattle:

by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my private journals: 9/28/2006 7:13 PM

This sounds very interesting. In my memory of taking Physics my Senior year at Ashdown, I remember being very interested in the class, but we didn’t cover such an interesting topic.

http://www.princeton.edu/main/about/present/

Ayan Chatterjee (left) and Mark Daly measure piano strings as part of a lab project for professor Pierre Piroué's freshman seminar on "Sound, Music and ... Physics."

9/28/2006 7:37 PM

I think I even have memories of the graduate degree process. I am not sure of the terms to describe the process.

9/28/2006 7:47 PM

I actually do remember... something... I can’t explain it. It feels that I am holding an unmarked, undistinguishable book that I don’t know the name of or the contents but I know I have read it already.

9/28/2006 8:34 PM

A few minutes ago I started thinking that maybe I started at Princeton University in 1972. I would have been 13 at the time as Thomas Ray. I remember that Kerry Burgess started first grade in 1972. But then I decided that I probably started Princeton earlier than 1972 and maybe 1972 was the year I completed my first major degree. Or 1972 doesn’t really mean anything in particular to Thomas Ray; rather it is there for continuity sake for the life of Kerry Burgess.



by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: H.V.O.M at 3:06 AM Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Salesman

Also, "Salesman." I saw that in a dream while sleeping recently. I saw myself going through an induction process in the United States Marine Corps and I woke up understanding that I was dreaming of my actual experience in 1990. I saw a document that indicated I was being inducted to the United States Marine Corps with the officer grade of Chief Warrant Officer 2. I saw in the dream another document associated with my induction and that document indicated I had been assigned the informal name "Salesman."









Star Trek - "Metamorphosis" - tv series Season 2 Episode 9 - 11/10/1967

(from internet transcript)

NANCY: What's happening? I demand to know.

KIRK: You already know as much as we do, Miss Hedford. Whatever that thing is outside, it's yanked us off course from the Enterprise.

SPOCK: Now on course nine eight mark one two, heading directly toward Gamma Canaris region.

MCCOY: Jim, we've got to get Miss Hedford to the Enterprise. Her condition.

KIRK: I know, Bones, but there's nothing I can do about it.

NANCY: I insist you make your scheduled rendezvous with the Enterprise.

KIRK: Miss Hedford, we'll do what we can, when we can. At the moment, we're helpless. You might as well sit back and enjoy the ride.










fast-times-at-ridgemont-high-1982_00h-53m-40s









from my private journal, as me, Kerry Burgess, typed after being released from the USA Veterans Affairs psychiatric hospital enduring many months sitting in a grungy two-computer room in a homeless shelter on the waterfront in downtown Seattle:

by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my private journals: From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Saturday, May 27, 2006 6:24 PM

To: Kerry Burgess

Subject: Re: Journal May 27, 2006

Went to Camp Couchdale in the summer of '81, after graduating 9th grade.

Met a girl named Phoebe, took her out on the lake in a boat and paddled around. We wrote letters for a long time afterwards.









"Metamorphosis" [ Star Trek ]

Original Airdate: Nov 10, 1967

NANCY Hedford, Federation Commissioner: How perceptive of you to notice I needed one.









From 11/10/1967 ( premiere USA TV series episode "Star Trek"::"Metamorphosis" ) To 8/13/1982 ( ) is 5390 days

5390 = 2695 + 2695

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 3/20/1973 ( premiere USA TV series pilot "Police Story" ) is 2695 days



From 6/7/1976 ( my biological brother Thomas Reagan the civilian and privately financed astronaut in deep space of solar system in his privately financed atom-pulse propulsion spaceship this day was his first landing the Saturn moon Phoebe, 27 days before beginning his strike to divert Comet "Lucifer", threatening extinction by death and destruction to all life on this planet Earth ) To 8/13/1982 ( ) is 2258 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 1/8/1972 ( premiere USA TV movie "The Astronaut" ) is 2258 days



From 1/3/1913 ( Thomas Edison gave the first demonstration of his new invention the kinetophone ) To 7/25/1946 ( the United States Operation Crossroads - Bikini Atoll - 2nd of 2 atomic bomb detonations and underwater detonation code-name Baker ) is 12256 days

12256 = 6128 + 6128

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 8/13/1982 ( ) is 6128 days



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083929/releaseinfo

IMDb

Fast Times at Ridgemont High (1982)

Release Info

USA 13 August 1982

Full Cast & Crew

Phoebe Cates ... Linda Barrett









https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8UFBV1f70I

YouTube

The Astronaut (Sci-Fi, Drama) ABC Movie of the Week - 1972

The Made-For-Television Movie

Original Airdate: January 8, 1972



https://prod-www.tcm.com/tcmdb/title/456884/the-astronaut#notes

TCM

THE ASTRONAUT

Aired in United States January 8, 1972



https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Astronaut_(1972_film)

The Astronaut (1972 film)

From Wikipedia

Original release January 8, 1972

Television coverage of Brice Randolph, the first astronaut on the surface of Mars, is interrupted, indicating the signal has been lost. Shortly afterward, Eddie Reese is recruited, and shown what happened after the TV signal was interrupted









https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068229/releaseinfo

IMDb

The Astronaut (1972 TV Movie)

Release Info USA 8 January 1972 ABC Movie of the week

Gail Randolph: [ slaps him ] Stop it! Stop looking at me with his face!









by me, Kerry Burgess: Journal May 27, 2006

They lined up all the girls at the start of the dance and told me to pick who I wanted to dance with. I still remember thinking about how she just seemed the right choice.









Fast Times at Ridgemont High (1982)

Linda Barrett: He's no high school boy.









Star Trek: First Contact (1996)

(from internet transcript)

[Montana woods]

(Cochrane, running away pursued by Riker and Geordi, is confronted by four guards)

GUARD #1: Doctor!

GUARD #2: Sir.

LAFORGE: Still looking for the bathroom?

Dr. Zefram COCHRANE: I'm not going back.









https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070551/

IMDb

Police Story

S1.E0

Episode aired Mar 20, 1973









Star Trek - "Metamorphosis" - tv-series Season 2 Episode 9, 11/10/1967

Episode Summary

When their shuttle is diverted to a planetoid, Kirk, Spock, and McCoy encounter Earth's Warp Drive pioneer, Zefram Cochrane, who appears to have survived there alone for 150 years.

(from internet transcript)










star-trek-tos_season2-ep9_00h10m59s










fast-times-at-ridgemont-high_00h51m46s









Star Trek Generations (1994)

(from internet transcript)

KIRK: Did we do it? ...Did we make a difference?

PICARD: Oh, yes



- by me, Kerry Wayne Burgess, posted by me: 03:04 AM Pacific-time USA Saturday 11/25/2023