Friday, November 10, 2023

Today is 11/10/2023






2023-11-07_6

https://www.krem.com/elections









https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Dated_a_Robot

I Dated a Robot

From Wikipedia

"I Dated a Robot" is the fifteenth episode in the third season of the American animated television series Futurama

It originally aired on the Fox network in the United States on May 13, 2001.

After the crew sees an episode of The Scary Door, Fry decides to do all the things he always wanted to do, and the Planet Express crew obliges. After demolishing a planet, visiting the edge of the universe, and riding a dinosaur, one of his few remaining fantasies is to date a celebrity. Fry and Leela venture into the Internet to visit nappster.com and download a celebrity's personality. Fry downloads the personality of Lucy Liu into a blank robot, which begins projecting an image of her.

Fry and the Liu-bot begin dating, aided by her being programmed to like Fry. The other Planet Express employees, concerned about his relationship, show him the standard middle-school film that predicts the destruction of civilization if humans date robots. Unfortunately, Fry ignores the movie, and keeps making out with his Liu-bot.










2023-11-07_4










DSC09024 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, 11/07/2023
DSC09025 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, 11/07/2023
DSC09030 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, 11/07/2023
DSC09037 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, 11/07/2023
DSC09051 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, 11/07/2023
DSC09044 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, 11/07/2023
DSC09053 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, 11/07/2023
DSC09054 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, 11/07/2023









Futurama

"I Dated a Robot"

TV-series season 3 episode 15, 05/13/2001

(from internet transcript)

ZOIDBERG
It's funny. You live in the universe, but you never do these things til somebody comes to visit.

[The Edge Of The Universe. The ship approaches a black/white boundary.]

[The ship cruises towards the edge of space and lands in a parking space. The crew get out and walk to a wall seperating space from the nothingness after it. Fry puts some money in some binoculars and looks through them. He sees a Planet Express from a parallel cowboy universe wave. Our crew wave back.]

FRY
Far out! So, there's an infinite number of parallel universes?

FARNSWORTH
No, just the two.










DSC09056 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, 11/07/2023









From 10/6/1967 ( premiere USA TV series episode "Star Trek"::"Mirror, Mirror" ) To 11/7/2023 ( ) is 20486 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 12/4/2021 ( ) is 20486 days










2023-11-07_5









"Mirror, Mirror" [ Star Trek ]

Original Airdate: Oct 6, 1967

(from internet transcript)

MARLENA: I always thought that was funny, The great, powerful Captain Kirk who owes everything to some unknown alien scientist and a plundered laboratory.

KIRK: Well, if you don't take advantage of your opportunities

MARLENA: You don't rise to the command of a starship or even higher.

(She switches it on, and Spock is seen sitting at his table.)

MARLENA: That magnificent mind of his. But it can't protect him from this. I press it and he dies. Now?

(Kirk switches it off.)

MARLENA: You really mean it. It doesn't matter. If Spock fails his order, he'll be killed anyway.

KIRK: I'll see to it that the circumstances of his failure will clear him.

MARLENA: You're not even afraid of Starfleet Command. Can your scheme bring you that much power so quickly?









Futurama

"I Dated a Robot"

TV-series season 3 episode 15, 05/13/2001

LEELA
Wait, hold on. It is actually possible to meet any celebrity you want.

FRY
It is?

LEELA
Of course! You should read a blimp sometime.

[She points to a passing blimp advertising downloadable celebrities at nappster.com.]

FRY
Download a celebrity from the internet? What part of that do I understand?

LEELA
It's simple. You can download a celebrity's personality and appearance into a blank robot.

FRY
Hey, I have an idea. Let's do that!









Futurama

"I Dated a Robot"

TV-series season 3 episode 15, 05/13/2001

[Leela and Fry walk inside nappster.com.]

[Cut to: nappster.com.]

SALESMAN
Welcome to Nappster. Let's see what celebrities we've got in stock. Can I interest you in Gwyneth Paltrow?

FRY
Nah. I read in Newsweek that she drinks human blood.

SALESMAN
Then uh, how about Cleopatra? Who's beauty destroyed mighty empires.

FRY
I'd prefer someone from the era of shaved underarms. Do you have anything with a more Lucy Liu feel to it?

SALESMAN
Nah, nothing like that. Though we do have Lucy Liu. Only woman ever to be named People magazine's woman of the year twice. In 2003, and then again in 2063.

FRY
I'd like the 2003 model.

[An image of Lucy Liu appears.]

[Cut to: Planet Express: Farnsworth's Lab. Fry and Leela takes off their net helmets.]

FRY
Wahoo! I've found her! What do I do now?

FARNSWORTH
Download her. Let's just put a blank robot in the drive.

[He lifts a basic robot out of a box of ten and hands it to Fry. Fry puts it in the drive. Lucy Liu is downloaded from the net and she appears on the robot. Fry gasps.]

FRY
It worked!

LIUBOT
You're one sexy man (mechanical voice) Philip J. Fry!









Futurama

"I Dated a Robot"

TV-series season 3 episode 15, 05/13/2001

She picks up Liu's jar and activates a pressure alarm. She replaces Liu's jar with that of Madeline Albright.

[Cut to: Nerd's Bedroom. Albright is downloaded onto a blank robot. There is a table and candles in the room.]

NERD
Uh, are you Lucy Liu?

ALBRIGHTBOT
Sure!










DSC09046 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, 11/07/2023










2023-11-07_3










2023-11-07_1 https://www.sciencenews.org/sn-magazine/october-18-1952









From 10/18/1952 ( ) To 11/7/2023 ( ) is 25952 days

25952 = 12976 + 12976

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 5/13/2001 ( premiere USA TV series episode "Futurama"::"I Dated a Robot" ) is 12976 days










2023-11-07_7

https://www.krem.com/article/news/politics/elections/spokane-election-results-mayor/293-a6ccc195-b0ed-4d0e-a2f4-a7012d427cbd









by me, Kerry Burgess, 11/07/2023 2:08 PM

After all these years, was only today - this calendar-day 11/07/2023 - that I heard this largely forgettable song by Aerosmith, a fairly mediocre performance group, and I thought to myself how it reminded me of something I wrote many years ago

Soooo... with that in mind, I had to then - after the fact of this new observation *today* - check my original work code-pattern and see what shows up in it

What does any of this prove, if anything?

Well, I do not know.

I just know that in the past, I have used this process - my orignal work - to find compelling patterns

Patterns that prove nothing

Or will it be considered "proof" in the future from now?

When the victor's write the history?









From: me, Kerry Burgess

Sent: Thursday, December 6, 2012 1:29 AM

To: Chad Trammell (Trammell Piazza Law Firm) (a buddy of mine from high-school in Arkansas)

Subject: The Time Machine

I've been thinking that is why I have to father children when I become a time-traveler.

You see, the human race is doomed to failure.

It's in our brain waves. Mind control.

Somehow by me traveling backwards through time do I create the possibility people can survive.



How many human beings existed before you, Chad?

A hundred billion?

They didn't have to worry actually about Armageddon. Why should you?



I've given a lot of thought in recent years to the real possibility of immortality.

The conclusion I have reached, regardless of immortality, is that human beings are not much more than light bulbs.

We have a sense of consciousness but so does a light bulb.

I think that I am immortal but I think it is a matter of perception. A copy of a copy is not the original copy and why does that matter to a human being? We take for granted that we lose consciousness while asleep every day so why is that different from being dead? That doesn't seem to be a new concept but I think of a line of thought that is new to me. That is why I was convinced for a while that I exist only in reality artificial. I think of my basic understanding of the human brain and the human brain is subject to only a certain degree of high technology. The human brain is capable of being duped by high technology. Our eyes sense the world and if not for senses we would have no idea about the world real.

The possibility that immortality is the equivalent of a light bulb that lasts forever doesn't seem very comforting to me. And yet we as human beings fall asleep every day and we welcome that transition every time.



Compare the difference of the 1898 book with the 1960 film and the 2002 film "The Time Machine."

Consider the possibility that proof of existence that a time-traveler exists.

Consider that I as the time-traveler influenced those works because of what you are aware of today in this year 2012.

Consider the fact that as I time-traveled always backwards I had no idea - no way of knowing for certain - that my actions were not causing the future to change.









From 12/6/2012 ( by me, Kerry Burgess ) To 11/7/2023 ( Tuesday ) is 3988 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 10/3/1976 ( premiere USA TV series "Quincy M.E." ) is 3988 days









by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my private journal: 04/09/07 4:32 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apocalypse

The word apocalypse in Greek means "unveiling". In John's apocalypse, the book of Revelation, he refers to the "unveiling" or "revelation" of Jesus Christ as Messiah. This term has been downgraded in common usage to refer to the end of the world. But it is more accurate to interpret the term "end of the world", as we see in the King James Version of the Bible, as the "end of the age". The word translated as "world" is actually the Greek word "eon" or "age".









album: "Get A Grip" (1993)

Aerosmith

"Livin' On The Edge"

There's something wrong with the world today
I don't know what it is
Something's wrong with our eyes
We're seeing things in a different way









album: "Get A Grip" (1993)

Aerosmith

"Livin' On The Edge"

We're livin' on the edge
Livin' on the edge
Livin' on the edge
Livin' on the edge

There's something wrong with the world today
The light bulb's getting dim
There's meltdown in the sky









album: "Get A Grip" (1993)

Aerosmith

"Livin' On The Edge"

Livin' on the edge
(Everybody, everybody)

Tell me what you think about your situation
Complication, aggravation is getting to you, yeah
If Chicken Little tells you that the sky is falling



- by me, Kerry Wayne Burgess, posted by me: 3:09 PM Pacific-time USA Friday 11/10/2023