Thursday, November 02, 2023

Today is 11/02/2023





IMDb

The Final Countdown (1980)

Quotes

[shouts]

Commander Dan Thurman: Jesus, I must be dreaming!









The Lathe of Heaven (1980)

Dr. Haber: You know what they say: neurotics build castles in the sky. Psychotics live in them.

Heather LeLache (George Orr's lawyer): And psychiatrist's collect the rent.










see_s1e4-2019_00h-21m-43s









See

"The River"

Apple-tv streaming-video serial season 1 episode 4, 11/08/2019 (first watched by me today, 11/02/2023)

0:24:45

Maghra: The longer the journey, the more profound its challenges, the more it changes all who endure it. A journey like this one... Those of us who could survive it, I fear, would emerge on the other end of it unrecognizable to each other. What kind of answers will the House of Enlightment provide to any of us if we no longer recognize ourselves?









by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: 07/18/2023

A few hours ago, earlier today, a new line of thought formed in explanation

An explanation as to "why"

*Why* must this be the confusion that has been my life since the VA hospital in 2005-2006

The 'explanation' was my mind imagining a person living *literally* a thousand years

None of you monkeys out there can really imagine anything like that. You have only the wishful thinking of your meaningless and pathetic and pointless life.

I do not like the term 'immortal'.

It really has no established meaning.

Today, I imagined a person who could live literally for 1000 years in perfect health as a young man

The human brain simply cannot process information over such time period

So, what get's dropped?

Eventually it gets to the point where it seems to be pointless to live so long because you don't remember more than 100 years, if even that much. So what's the point?









From 11/10/1909 ( from Wikipedia: At a presentation to the Vienna Psychoanalytic Society, Dr. Isidor Sadger first described narcissism as a personality disorder ) To 11/10/1967 ( premiere USA TV series episode "Star Trek"::"Metamorphosis" ) is 21184 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 11/2/2023 ( Today , Thursday ) is 21184 days



From 2/28/1961 ( John F. Kennedy, 35th President of USA: Special Message to the Congress on the Federal Highway Program ) To 2/28/2019 ( debut of "Space Engineers" by Keen Software House ) is 21184 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 11/2/2023 ( ) is 21184 days



From 1/22/1883 ( USA patent filed, by Thomas Edison: Manufacture of Incandescing Electric Lamps ) To 1/22/1999 ( premiere USA TV series episode "Stargate SG-1"::"The Fifth Race" ) is 42368 days

42368 = 21184 + 21184

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 11/2/2023 ( ) is 21184 days










2023-11-02_1

https://patentimages.storage.googleapis.com/44/8d/3a/6a09559dd5ac33/US278417.pdf









See

"The River"

Apple-tv streaming-video serial season 1 episode 4, 11/08/2019 (first watched by me today, 11/02/2023)

0:39:46

Maghra: Tell me. What do you imagine it will be like?

Haniwa: What will what be like?

Maghra: "There, I'll build my kingdom", he says. We're all going to risk life and limb to get to this place. So, tell me. What do you imagine this kingdom will be like?

Haniwa: Well, I imagine... it will be... a place where we'll remember things. About what things were like for us once. About who we used to be. About... how to use that knowledge to make things better now.









Star Trek - "Metamorphosis" - tv-series Season 2 Episode 9, 11/10/1967

Episode Summary

When their shuttle is diverted to a planetoid, Kirk, Spock, and McCoy encounter Earth's Warp Drive pioneer, Zefram Cochrane, who appears to have survived there alone for 150 years.



KIRK: You'll find I have a very low tolerance level where the safety of my people are concerned. We find you out here, where no human has any business being. We were virtually hijacked in space and brought here. Now I'm not just requesting an explanation, Mister. I'm demanding one.

Zefram COCHRANE: All right. It was the Companion.

KIRK: The what?

COCHRANE: That's what I call it. As a matter of fact, Captain, I didn't crash here. I was brought here in my disabled ship. I was almost dead. The Companion saved my life.

SPOCK: You were injured?

COCHRANE: I was dying, Mister Spock.

KIRK: You seem perfectly all right now. What was the matter?

COCHRANE: I was an old man.

KIRK: You were what?

COCHRANE: Well, I don't know how it did it, but the Companion rejuvenated me, made me young again, like I am now.

SPOCK: I prefer to reserve judgment on that part of your story, sir. Meanwhile, would you please explain exactly what this Companion of yours is?

COCHRANE: I told you, I don't know what it is. It exists, it lives, and I can communicate with it.

MCCOY: That's a pretty far out story.

KIRK: Mister Cochrane, do you have a first name?

COCHRANE: Zefram.

KIRK: Zefram Cochrane of Alpha Centuri, the discoverer of the space warp?

COCHRANE: That's right, Captain.

MCCOY: But that's impossible. Zefram Cochrane died a hundred and fifty years ago.

SPOCK: The name of Zefram Cochrane is revered throughout the known galaxy. Planets were named after him. Great universities, cities.

KIRK: Isn't your story a little improbable, Mister Cochrane?









Stargate SG-1 - "The Fifth Race" - tv series Season 2 Episode 15 - 01/22/1999

(from internet transcript)

INT—SGC—DANIEL JACKSON'S OFFICE

[O'Neill is writing on a small note pad. Carter enters.]

CARTER You can only stare at a computer screen for so long. Colonel, that program you entered re-wrote massive amounts of the machine code.

[O'Neill throws out a helpless hand, but doesn't respond.]

DANIEL Jack seems to have completely lost the ability to speak anything but the alien language.

CARTER Really? Wow.

DANIEL But the good news is we seem to have more of the alien inscription translated. 'Noo ani anqueetus' - 'We are the Ancients'.

CARTER Who are the Ancients?










see_s1e2-2019_00h-22m-07s
see_s1e2-2019_00h-22m-32s
see_s1e2-2019_00h-22m-57s



- by me, Kerry Wayne Burgess, posted by me: 2:06 PM Pacific-time USA Thursday 11/02/2023