Friday, November 03, 2023

Today is 11/03/2023





"Move the ball forward"

She really says that.

And *today* - this calendar-day 11/03/2023 - is the first time *I* chose to watch this episode









For All Mankind

"Into the Abyss"

Apple-tv streaming-video serial season 1 episode 5, 11/15/2019 (first watched by me today, 11/03/2023)

0:42:30

Molly Cobb, USA Apollo 15 lunar-astronaut: Face it. *We* are egomaniacal narcissists. I bet Columbus was... and Magellan. And they had to be to do what they did. I say here's to selfish pricks. Because we move the ball forward for mankind.









From 12/12/1899 ( USA patent US638920A granted to George F. Grant for the wooden golf tee ) To 12/14/2015 ( premiere USA TV series "The Expanse" ) is 42370 days

42370 = 21185 + 21185

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 11/3/2023 ( Today , Friday ) is 21185 days









from my private journal, as me, Kerry Burgess, typed after being released from the USA Veterans Affairs psychiatric hospital enduring many months sitting in a grungy two-computer room in a homeless shelter on the waterfront in downtown Seattle:

by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my private journal: July 24, 2006

If we could just figure out a better way to travel to orbit without these silly rocket boosters, we would be well on our way to exploring more of the solar system and other solar systems. There has got to be a cheap and safe way to cheat gravity. Sometimes I think I know how to do it, but I just can't remember.









"Leviathan Wakes" by James Corey, "The Expanse" series of novels, book 1

Chapter 1: Holden

[first lines]

A hundred and fifty years before, when the parochial disagreements between Earth and Mars had been on the verge of war, the Belt had been a far horizon of tremendous mineral wealth beyond viable economic reach, and the outer planets had been beyond even the most unrealistic corporate dream. Then Solomon Epstein had built his little modified fusion drive, popped it on the back of his three-man yacht, and turned it on. With a good scope, you could still see his ship going at a marginal percentage of the speed of light, heading out into the big empty. The best, longest funeral in the history of mankind. Fortunately, he'd left his plans on his home computer. The Epstein Drive hadn't given humanity the stars, but it had delivered the planets.










the-expanse_season1-ep1-2016_00h-01m-17s
the-expanse_season5-ep3-2020_00h-49m-52s



- by me, Kerry Wayne Burgess, posted by me: 3:27 PM Pacific-time USA Friday 11/03/2023