I am Kerry Burgess. This is what I think.
If this is the first blog-post by me you're reading then you are galactically uninformed.
This Is What I Think.
Wednesday, September 02, 2026
Today is 09/02/2026
by me, Kerry Burgess, 09/02/2026 01:02 AM
Completely for unrelated reasons, I recently made a reference to this 1986 item
Appears again because of what this news item from today caused me to think.
by me, Kerry Burgess, 02/18/2006
Anyway, I don't know why I need to record this in my journal, I think it is just a habit I picked up in my youth. When I don't feel my life is secure enough to actually go out and try to win over one of these young beauties, I can only sit here and express my desires in private. With no privacy though, it is highly humilating to think that I can't even express my desires in private. It is like a vicious cycle. I cannot go out and find someone to bring into my life because my life is stolen by anonymous tormentors and I can't even express my desires in private, as something of a consolation, because my privacy is stolen too by the anonymous tormentors. I feel envious of Taylor in The Planet of The Apes; the monkeys threw him in a cage, but at least they were considerate enough to through in Nova with him. I wish I had a Nova in my cage, but I wouldn't wish this lunacy on anyone
The last girl I was trying to win over was either from Vietnam or Thailand, I'm not sure which, I think she had family in each and/or had lived in both. And there have been others that I knew that were descended from other countries. I knew with a high-degree of certainly someone was interfering with my attempts to get to know her, and I could tell that people at Microsoft were involved somehow.
From 2/18/2006 ( by me, Kerry Burgess ) To 9/2/2026 ( Today , Wednesday ) is 7501 days
From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 5/17/1986 ( ) is 7501 days
by me, Kerry Burgess: 11/13/2006 9:18 PM
http://www.reagan.utexas.edu/archives/speeches/1986/51786a.htm
Radio Address to the Nation on Armed Forces Day
May 17, 1986
My fellow Americans:
We're broadcasting live today from Fort Myer, a military installation just outside Washington. And before me at this moment, looking tall and impressive, are members of the honor guard of the five branches of the military service: the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, and Coast Guard. These proud units appear at special ceremonies and are always on hand to help me greet foreign heads of state at the White House. And believe me, the leaders of other nations have often commented on the snap, the polish, and the soldierly bearing of these troops. In fact, I sometimes think a few of our visitors are a little envious of ``The Gipper,'' as our uniformed sons and daughters pass by in review. Well, okay, in my case, our uniformed grandsons and granddaughters. [Laughter]
But today we're all on hand at Fort Myer to celebrate a very special date in America's official calendar: Armed Forces Day. Today we set aside a few moments to pay tribute to the millions of Americans serving their nation in the cause of freedom all over the globe. Many of them are listening to me now, and as Commander in Chief I want to remind each of you in uniform how grateful your country is to you. Let me assure you that the millions of Americans going about their usual Saturday schedule and listening now join me in saying to you, ``Thanks -- thanks for being there, for keeping our homes and children safe, for keeping America free and at peace.''
Now, I know you here with me and most members of the armed services listening at the moment aren't in your dress uniforms, and maybe -- and I'm sure it only happens every now and then -- your shoeshines aren't quite as bright as the ones I'm looking at here. But I know the sense of military professionalism, love of country, and commitment to freedom is just as strong. It's because of that patriotism and professionalism that you've left your homes and communities to become part of an extraordinary military tradition. Unlike so many other traditions, America's military history has been largely one not just of great battlefield victories but victories in the name of something beyond conquest or self-interest.
https://www.nbcnews.com/world/asia/uss-abraham-lincoln-arrives-thailand-extended-iran-deployment-rcna595651
NBC News
USS Abraham Lincoln arrives in Thailand after extended Iran deployment
About 5,000 U.S. sailors and Marines are stopping in the resort city of Pattaya for a “rest and relaxation” break as they return home from a record-setting deployment in the Middle East.
Sept. 1, 2026, 9:24 PM PDT / Updated Sept. 2, 2026, 12:59 AM PDT
By Mithil Aggarwal, Courtney Kube, Mosheh Gains and Nat Sumon
LAEM CHABANG, Thailand — The USS Abraham Lincoln aircraft carrier arrived Wednesday at a port in eastern Thailand, where thousands of U.S. sailors and Marines are disembarking for the first time in more than 280 days after a record-setting deployment in the Middle East.
The toll of the more than nine-month deployment, most of it spent supporting military operations in the U.S.-Israeli war with Iran, was visible on the carrier as it pulled into Laem Chabang Port in Chonburi province. Paint has worn off and the metal underneath is rusted on the 1,092-foot warship, which is one of the largest in the world.
The Lincoln is in Thailand for a four-day “rest and relaxation” stop on its way home to San Diego after having spent weeks in the headlines as the lengthy deployment raised concerns about supply shortages and the effect on sailors’ mental health.
The U.S. Navy confirmed the ship’s arrival in a statement, saying the Lincoln strike group arrived in Laem Chabang while the destroyer USS Frank E. Petersen Jr. docked in nearby Sriracha and the guided-missile cruiser USS Robert Smalls went to Map Ta Phut in neighboring Rayong province.
The Navy said it was the Lincoln’s first full port stop after 286 days at sea since the deployment began in November.
“Our arrival in Laem Chabang provides a well-deserved opportunity for our sailors and Marines to rest and recharge,” said Rear Adm. Robert E. Loughran, commander of Carrier Strike Group 3. “It also underscores the strong and enduring partnership and alliance between the United States and Thailand.”
About 5,000 sailors and Marines are expected to hit the streets of Pattaya, a nearby coastal resort city that is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Thailand. Each service member will get three “liberty days” and one day of duty aboard the ship, a U.S. military official said.
Upon the Lincoln’s arrival in the morning, service members could be seen working aboard the deck as loudspeakers played announcements about the process for disembarkation. A whistle could be heard ringing across the deck, a Navy tradition that signals coming ashore.
Around 1 p.m. local time (2 a.m. ET), service members began disembarking from the ship in civilian clothes, some carrying backpacks. One service member was carrying his golf clubs. Waiting for them across the way were dozens of Ford pickup trucks and buses lined up in columns to take them into town.
“Please be on your best behavior,” a commanding officer could be heard saying over loudspeaker.
From 6/3/1988 ( as me, Kerry Burgess, while enlisted paygrade E-5, designated Fire Controlman Petty Officer Second Class (FC2), with my personal participation and commendation my official enlisted US Navy documents includes: Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal 88Feb13 88Jun03, CF-division, Missile Plot - guided-missiles Fire Control Computers Complex (expert technician for all maintenance and operations, down to printed-circuit-board component level diagnosis and repair, UNIVAC digital-computers Mk152 Terrier System for, primarily, SM2-ER {Extended Range} Standard Missiles ordnance), USS Wainwright CG-28, US Navy, Operation Earnest Will, Middle East Force, including Operation Praying Mantis ) To 9/6/2026 ( Sunday ) is 13974 days
13974 = 6987 + 6987
From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 12/19/1984 ( as Kerry Wayne Burgess the undesignated paygrade E-3 seafarer US Navy I reported for permanent duty aboard USS Taylor FFG-50, US Navy, departing 02/11/1986 (for US Navy FC/A curriculum of training) as FC3 Kerry Wayne Burgess, US Navy ) is 6987 days
https://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/world/2026/09/02/uss-abraham-lincoln-seen-off-thai-port-after-months-at-sea
USS Abraham Lincoln seen off Thai port after months at sea
Outside one bar was a sign saying “Welcome all US military personnel. Thank you for your service”.
The mayor said buses have been laid on to transport the sailors from the ship to Pattaya and back until the carrier departs on Sunday.
- by me, Kerry Wayne Burgess, posted by me: 01:21 AM Pacific-timezone USA Wednesday 09/02/2026