This Is What I Think.

Tuesday, September 01, 2026

Today is 09/01/2026





Stargate SG-1

"Past and Present"

TV-series season 3 episode 11, 10/15/1999

(from internet transcript)

O'NEILL
Linea is dead, right?










20161116_131220 .jpg, me, Kerry Burgess circa 1975, DeQueen trailer park, DeQueen, Arkansas









IMDb

Damien: Omen II (1978)

Quotes

Sergeant Neff: What were you trying to do, Damien? What were you trying to do?

Damien Thorn: I was just answering questions, Sergeant.

Sergeant Neff: You were showing off.

Damien Thorn: No, I just knew all the answers. Somehow I just knew them all.









Independence Day (1996)

Can you tell us anything useful about them?
-Oh, yeah. Well, I mean...
They're not all that dissimilar from us.
Breathes oxygen,
comparable tolerances to heat, cold.
Probably why they're interested in our planet.









Independence Day (1996)

Dr. Brackish Okun, Area 51 director scientist: She's a beaut, ain't she? As you can see from the repairs, we've been trying to put her back together since the late 1960s.

Thomas Whitmore, President of USA: Don't tell me, you've had this for 40 years and you don't know anything about 'em?

Dr. Brackish Okun, Area 51 director scientist: Oh, hell, no. No, no, no, no. We know tons about 'em. But the neatest stuff... The neatest stuff has only happened in the last few days. See, we can't duplicate their type of power so we've never been able to experiment. But since these guys started showing up, all the little gizmos inside turned on. The last 24 hours have been really exciting!









Independence Day (1996)

Marty Gilbert: A countdown... wait, a countdown to what David?

David Levinson: It's like in chess: First, you strategically position your pieces and when the timing is right you strike. They're using this signal to syncronize their efforts and in 5 hours the countdown will be over.

Marty Gilbert: And then what?









Stargate SG-1

"Past and Present"

TV-series season 3 episode 11, 10/15/1999

O'NEILL
Linea is dead, right?

CARTER
Well, if those two bodies that Ke'ra found really were the Vyun elders that Linea was experimenting on…

O'NEILL
Don't say it Carter.

CARTER
Sir, we wouldn't recognise her even if she walked in the front door.

O'NEILL
Don't, don't…

[He puts his hands to his ears and starts singing.]

CARTER
(loudly)
Sir, she has the knowledge of chemistry, the medical skills…

[She pulls his hands away from his ears.]

CARTER
I think we at least have to face the possibility that Ke'ra is Linea.

INT—BRIEFING ROOM, SGC

[Hammond
Then she's also a victim of the amnesia?]

O'NEILL
It fits.

DANIEL
It fits…well what about the body of the old woman they found after the Vorlix that fits Linea's description?

TEAL'C
Linea's first victim.

O'NEILL
Come on Daniel, you saw the test results. What more do you need?

FRAISER
Ke'ra's DNA is a perfect match for the samples I took from Linea last year. It's irrefutable.

DANIEL
Irrefutable? Ok, so let's just, uh, lock her up, throw away the key then. Or better yet, we could send her back to the prison where we found her.

O'NEILL
Linea, Daniel. She used to be Linea. We're lucky she didn't knock us off the first time around.

DANIEL
Let me ask you a question: Who would you trust with your life more than anyone else in the world? Don't worry, I won't be offended if you don't pick me. Could it be Teal'c?

O'NEILL
Sure.

DANIEL
Uh, Teal'c, just refresh my memory. What was your previous occupation?

TEAL'C
I was the First Prime of Apophis.

DANIEL
Right. Did a few nasty things back then?

O'NEILL
We see the subtle point you're trying to make.

DANIEL
No you don't. She is not the same person. She is not who she used to be. Let's not condemn her for who she may have been in the past.

HAMMOND
I think it would be prudent to keep her confined to her quarters until we can resolve the Vyuns' medical crisis. Colonel O'NEILL, perhaps you could inform her…?

DANIEL
(cutting him off)
I'll inform her.

[He walks out of the room.]

INT—KE'RA'S QUARTERS, SGC

[Ke'ra is brushing her hair, when she sees Daniel enter.]

KE'RA
(pleased)
Daniel.

[She touches him, but he doesn't reciprocate.]

KE'RA
What's wrong?

[She sees guards standing at her door.]

KE'RA
(cont'd)
We have work to do.

DANIEL
Nothing, there are…quarantine procedures that General Hammond is insisting on. He's uh…you have to stay here awhile.

KE'RA
But the effects of the Vorlix are not contagious.

DANIEL
I know.

KE'RA
Then why?

DANIEL
I can't tell you everything, but I can tell you that more happened during the Vorlix than just losing your memories.

KE'RA
Is that why there are now guards outside my door?

DANIEL
No, that's just standard procedure.

KE'RA
If you say so.



- by me, Kerry Wayne Burgess, posted by me: 10:40 AM Pacific-timezone USA Tuesday 09/01/2026