This Is What I Think.

Tuesday, September 01, 2026

Today is 09/01/2026





by me, Kerry Burgess, 09/01/2026 9:58 PM

Various people have been doing stuff out there in the real world with the effect of capturing my attention.

One person in particular has an Instagram page. I do not check it daily. So I have no idea when the change to her content - relative to this observation today by me - actually occurred. Must have been in recent days, unknown to me the precise day. So I cannot check for what it causes me to think.

Because of my past work, I make a note about it that only people following my extensive blog-posts here on my blog might recognize the reference.










2026-08-28_1-3









https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0734699/

IMDb

The Twilight Zone

S2.E1

The Once and Future King/A Saucer of Loneliness

Episode aired Sep 27, 1986

"The Once and Future King": Elvis impersonator Gary Pitkin finds himself transported back to Elvis' time after a car accident.

"A Saucer of Loneliness": Shy, lonely Margaret receives a private message from a flying saucer.









The Twilight Zone

"A Saucer of Loneliness"

(from internet transcript)

(laughing) SOMETHING FUNNY? I USED TO DREAM ABOUT DOING THIS.
HOLDING THE WINE GLASS WITH BOTH HANDS AND PEEPING OVER THE RIM AT SOME MAN.
IT SOUNDS SILLY.
NO, NOT TO ME.
YOU'VE BEEN THROUGH A LOT LATELY, HAVEN'T YOU, WITH THE NEWSPAPERS AND TV? THEY JUST WON'T LEAVE ME ALONE.
THEY WANT TO KNOW WHAT IT SAID.
EVEN BEFORE ALL THIS, I USED TO NOTICE YOU WHEN I CAME INTO THE CAFE.
YOU DID? YEAH, I DID.
SO, WHAT DID IT SAY? IT WAS PRIVATE.
YOU CAN TELL ME.
PLEASE DON'T ASK ME THAT AGAIN.
I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT TO THE PAPERS.
IT MIGHT BE GOOD TO GET IT OFF YOUR CHEST.
EXCUSE ME, I'M NOT FEELING VERY WELL.
MARGARET, WAIT.
HOLD ON, MARGARET.
WHAT'S THE HARM? DAMN YOU! DAMN YOU ALL! I HATE YOU! NO, WAIT! PLEASE! PLEASE! LET ME GO! I GOT YOU.
NO! LET GO! YOU SAVED ME.
ARE YOU OKAY? YOU KNOW WHO I AM, DON'T YOU? YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT THE SAUCER SAID.










the-quiet-earth_00h07m00s - The Quiet Earth (1985)



- by me, Kerry Wayne Burgess, posted by me: 10:10 PM Pacific-timezone USA Tuesday 09/01/2026