This Is What I Think.

Tuesday, September 01, 2026

Today is 09/01/2026





by me, Kerry Burgess, 08/29/2026 6:31 PM

That was a perfect example.

I was frocked to rating and rank as Fire Controlman Petty Officer Third Class before my arrival to the training curriculum.

First was Basic Electricity and Electronics School in Orlando from February 1986 to April 1986. One of the very first days there, because I was already a Petty Officer, I was charged with marching the other attendees over to an auditorium for a speech by the CO, the same guy that was there in 1984. He made a point of leaving the stage and as he continued speaking, walked down the aisle and stood at the end of the aisle where I was sitting and he stood there a few moments staring directly at me. When I got back to the barracks, the Petty Officer in the office told me to get a haircut and that I should know better. Later, the Petty Office in charge of my learning group was glaring at me momentarily after he came back from leave and I would guess that was because I had again forgotten to get a haircut. Not that I was deliberately avoiding it.

By May 1986, I was in Great Lakes in North Chicago and we had regular uniform inspections. I remember the resigned sound a Petty Officer First Class - a student changing rate to FC - made as we stood next to each other in line and when I got the best grade of all and that was better than his, for the inspection. My haircut was so tight that my girlfriend had complained to me about one time, because of something I said about her.

And yet, my performance review is only a 3.6 (on a scale up to 4.0) while I attended school at Great Lakes.

At my graduation from basic training in 1984, I pointed out my pride in my uniform and of how the shine on my boots was always the best. Thedia made a disparaging comment about it and that demonstrated her life as a peasant. My pride in my polished boots was the only part she could understand, her being a peasant. She could not understand or grasp how that translated into my pride in all my work, work at anything better that she never had any ambition for.










_DSC00609
2016_nk20_dscn3035_









IMDb

Stargate SG-1

S7.E22

Lost City: Part 2

Episode aired Mar 19, 2004

With Jack having the knowledge of the Ancient repository once again in his mind, he and Daniel attempt to unearth the location of the lost city of the Ancients









by me, Kerry Burgess: 02/23/07 6:29 PM

I have been puzzling for a while about a "memory" from being in school at Great Lakes. The instructor was talking about the names of the Great Lakes proper and he told us that the names form the acronym H.O.M.E.S. After he explained that the acronym represented the names of the lakes, Huron, Ontario, Michigan, Erie, and Superior, he said "Now you'll never forget the names of the Great Lakes" or he said words to that effect. What puzzles me is why I even "remember" learning such a useful tip in the context of that class.










2026-08-27_1-1









by me, Kerry Burgess: 11/13/2006 9:18 PM

http://www.reagan.utexas.edu/archives/speeches/1986/51786a.htm

Radio Address to the Nation on Armed Forces Day

May 17, 1986

My fellow Americans:

We're broadcasting live today from Fort Myer, a military installation just outside Washington. And before me at this moment, looking tall and impressive, are members of the honor guard of the five branches of the military service: the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, and Coast Guard. These proud units appear at special ceremonies and are always on hand to help me greet foreign heads of state at the White House. And believe me, the leaders of other nations have often commented on the snap, the polish, and the soldierly bearing of these troops. In fact, I sometimes think a few of our visitors are a little envious of ``The Gipper,'' as our uniformed sons and daughters pass by in review. Well, okay, in my case, our uniformed grandsons and granddaughters. [Laughter]

But today we're all on hand at Fort Myer to celebrate a very special date in America's official calendar: Armed Forces Day. Today we set aside a few moments to pay tribute to the millions of Americans serving their nation in the cause of freedom all over the globe. Many of them are listening to me now, and as Commander in Chief I want to remind each of you in uniform how grateful your country is to you. Let me assure you that the millions of Americans going about their usual Saturday schedule and listening now join me in saying to you, ``Thanks -- thanks for being there, for keeping our homes and children safe, for keeping America free and at peace.''

Now, I know you here with me and most members of the armed services listening at the moment aren't in your dress uniforms, and maybe -- and I'm sure it only happens every now and then -- your shoeshines aren't quite as bright as the ones I'm looking at here. But I know the sense of military professionalism, love of country, and commitment to freedom is just as strong. It's because of that patriotism and professionalism that you've left your homes and communities to become part of an extraordinary military tradition. Unlike so many other traditions, America's military history has been largely one not just of great battlefield victories but victories in the name of something beyond conquest or self-interest.









From 2/23/2007 ( by me, Kerry Burgess, referenced above ) To 8/27/2026 ( ) is 7125 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 5/6/1985 ( as Kerry Burgess my official US Navy documents includes: Navy Occupation/Training History: PHONE TALKER/MESSENGER, USS Taylor FFG-50, US Navy ) is 7125 days









From 4/18/1988 ( as me, Kerry Burgess, while enlisted paygrade E-5, designated Fire Controlman Petty Officer Second Class (FC2), from my official enlisted US Navy records: during USA Armed Forces Expeditionary Operation Earnest Will with my personal participation and commendation - CF-division, Missile Plot - guided-missiles Fire Control Computers Complex (operator and advanced technician, UNIVAC digital-computers Mk152 Terrier System for, primarily, SM2-ER {Extended Range} Standard Missiles ordnance) - aboard the USS Wainwright CG-28 US Navy the United States Operation Praying Mantis ) To 8/27/2026 ( ) is 14010 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 3/12/2004 ( premiere USA TV series episode "Stargate SG-1"::"Lost City - Part 1" ) is 14010 days









https://apnews.com/article/lake-ontario-canada-america-trump-trade-war-3ac58dca0ca83c15605d4dbff146b28a

AP

Trump signs order renaming Lake Ontario as ‘Lake America’ in the United States

By MICHELLE L. PRICE and WILL WEISSERT

Updated 3:57 PM PDT, August 27, 2026

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump said Thursday he is renaming Lake Ontario to be known as “Lake America” in the United States as he escalates his trade war with Canada.

The Republican president signed an executive order directing the Interior Department to update the lake’s name in the U.S. geographic naming service. Trump cannot force Canada to follow along, however.










2026-08-27_donald-j-trump-is-crybaby









Stargate SG-1

"Lost City - Part 1"

TV-series season 7 episode 21, 03/12/2004

(from internet transcript)

DANIEL
Why wouldn't we want to gain access to the greatest repository of knowledge in the known universe, once and for all finding the lost city of the Ancients, and use their technology to save the entire galaxy from the evil oppression of the Goa'uld?

O'NEILL
Well, there's that.

REYNOLDS
From the mission file I've read, it's one of those things that whips up from the wall, grabs your head and rearranges your brain, right?

DANIEL
Sort of.

REYNOLDS
Sort of?

CARTER
It basically downloads the entire library of Ancient knowledge into a person's mind. That massive amount of data then slowly unspools into your brain, eventually taking over your consciousness completely.

DANIEL
Except it wasn't meant for a physiology as primitive as ours.

O'NEILL
Easy fella.

[Daniel puts up his hand and mouths "sorry" to O'Neill.]

HARPER
I thought the report said you almost died last time, Sir.

[O'Neill looks slightly surprised by that comment.]

TEAL'C
The Asgard removed the information from O'Neill's before he was lost to us.

O'NEILL
So, why don't we just shoot Thor a call, get him standing by as back up.

CARTER
We tried Sir, he's not responding.









by me, Kerry Burgess, February 27, 2007

I was the phone-talker for the CO of Wainwright during Special Sea and Anchor Detail.









http://www.navsource.org/archives/01/57v.htm

NavSource Online

Interior Communications

The 1JV circuit

This was the primary maneuvering and docking circuit and connected the captain with such stations as the forward and after engine rooms, the forecastle, the fantail, the different mooring stations and the after steering station.

Over this circuit the captain communicated with everyone who had anything to do with the movement of the ship, direction or speed.










the-silo-series_pg-753-of-1663_1-1









by me, Kerry Burgess: Journal May 27, 2006

They lined up all the girls at the start of the dance and told me to pick who I wanted to dance with. I still remember thinking about how she just seemed the right choice.









Star Trek - "Metamorphosis" - tv-series Season 2 Episode 9, 11/10/1967

KIRK: How is she, Doc?

MCCOY: No change.

NANCY: Small thanks to the Starfleet.

MCCOY: Now really, Commissioner, you can't blame the Starfleet.

NANCY: I should've received the proper inoculations ahead of time.










fast-times-at-ridgemont-high-1982_00h-53m-45s - Fast Times at Ridgemont High (1982)
fast-times-at-ridgemont-high-1982_00h-53m-48s - Fast Times at Ridgemont High (1982)









by me, Kerry Burgess, 08/29/2026 7:27 PM

If you do not understand this galactically significant detail THEN WHY THE HELL ARE YOU HERE!

BECAUSE YOU ARE AN IMBECILE!

Go back to abusing Flock cameras for your own personal gain.

Morons.










1981-07-23_2-1



https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacob_Frey

Jacob Frey

From Wikipedia [retrieved again 08/29/2026]

Jacob Lawrence Frey (born July 23, 1981)



since 2018 as the 48th mayor of Minneapolis



Sanctuary city status

In January 2025, after the University of Minnesota said it would comply with Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), Frey told the media that the City of Minneapolis would not aid in identifying undocumented immigrants and that the MPD would not aid ICE. In March 2025, Frey said that Minneapolis would remain a sanctuary city for undocumented immigrants.










DSC02060 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess










DSC02606 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess










DSC04632 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, 05/11/2018 Spokane



- by me, Kerry Wayne Burgess, posted by me: 09:58 AM Pacific-timezone USA Tuesday 09/01/2026