This Is What I Think.

Tuesday, September 29, 2026

Today is 09/29/2026






date-with-an-angel-1987_01h-15m-27s - Date With An Angel (1987)
date-with-an-angel-1987_01h-15m-29s - Date With An Angel (1987)









by me, Kerry Burgess, 09/29/2026

This news item was broadcast over antenna tv here in Spokane last night

The reporting news station in Seattle is the pretty-sister ugly-sister (depending on who reports it on tv) of KREM2 CBS Spokane

Reasons are present in my mind why I make this note.

One reason it reminds me of that grungy and clean homeless shelter I was in all those years ago when THIS ALL started for me and that continues through this day.

Another reason is she spoke "mongoloid" in the video they broadcast over tv.

You know what that means.



Those people at the mainstream-media news stations would have no way of knowing if conspiracy was the product of that media circus

Was the victim a willing participant of a conspiracy?

We will never know.

If she was then she would not admit it. I mean, if that's true then she is willing to painfully lose some flesh and blood due to biting teeth just to do her part.

What else could they try?



I know that area well of urban downtown Seattle.

That is near the area where I would travel from the homeless shelter in Pioneer Square for the bus.

Fairly certain that 7-11 was not there 20 years ago. Don't recall what was there. Only because the news article mentions the 7-11 do I know where to look for it on the map.

Perhaps most interesting is another reason:

See those benches against the wall and across the street?

When I was first homeless and was in that first homeless shelter - when I ignored the person I was positive was Microsoft Corbis Bill Gates standing near the entrance and I continued walking into the homeless shelter to sleep the night and eat the garbage they served us for food - those benches were where I sat through the cold day and was reading a paperback book.

I reference it in my early blog-posts:

Robinson Crusoe.



I wrote all the comments above before beginning my examination of Event Date variable 09/18/2026










2026-09-18_3-1










2023-11-23_1-1










2023-11-23_1-2

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Score_Group










star-trek-tos_season1-ep28_00h06m17s
star-trek-tos_season1-ep28_00h07m35s









by me, Kerry Burgess: H.V.O.M at 9:55 AM Wednesday, September 07, 2005

[titled by me:] So I got that going for me too.

[excerpt by me from novel:] I now began to consider seriously my condition, and the circumstance I was reduced to, and I drew up the state of my affairs in writing, not so much to leave them to any that were to come after me, for I was like to have but few heirs, as to deliver my thoughts from daily poring upon them, and afflicting my mind; and as my reason began now to master my despondency, I began to comfort myself as well as I could, and to set the good against the evil, that I might have something to distinquish my case from worse; and I stated it very impartially, like debtor and creditor, the comforts I enjoyed against the miseries I suffered, thus: -

Evil: I am cast upon a horrible desolate island, void of all hope of recovery. Good: But I am alive, and not drowned, as all my ship's company was.

Evil: I am singled out and separated as it were, from all the world, to be miserable. Good: But I am singled out, too, from all the ship's crew to be spared from death; and He that miraculously saved me from death can deliver me from this condition.

Evil: I am divided from mankind, a solitaire, one banished from human society. Good: But I am not starved, and perishing on a barren place, affording no sustenance.

Evil: I have no clothes to cover me. Good: But I am in a hot climate, where, if I had clothes, I could hardly wear them.

Evil: I am without any defence or means to resist any violence of man or beast. Good: But I am cast on an island where I see no wild beasts to hurt me, as I saw on the coast of Africa; and what if I had been shipwrecked there?

Evil: I have no soul to speak to, or relieve me. Good: But God wonderfully sent the ship in near enough to the shore, that I have gotten out so many necessary things as will either supply myself even as long as I live.

Upon the whole, here was an undoubted testimony, that there was scarce any condition in the world so miserable, but there was something negative or something positive to be thankful for in it; and let this stand as a direction from the experience of the most miserable of all conditions in this world, that we may always find in it something to comfort ourselves from, and to set in the description of good and evil, on the credit side of the account.

Robinson Crusoe - Daniel Defoe

[excerpt ends]



I was setting in some park in Seattle a couple months re-reading this book as well as strongly expecting that at any minute someone would walk up to me and give me the information I need to get back to my life. I realized this is another one of those passages that struck a chord with me long ago. And oddly enough, of everything I've read lately, this seems the most familar. While the circumstances are different, and aside from the superstition aspect, this passage really seems to capture the essence of my existence over the past two years. I would gladly trade places with Robinson Crusoe right now - he has it pretty sweet.

Just like Crusoe was describing, I can usually find some positive aspect to any negative situation. But I like to sometimes throw in some sarcasm to it, I find that helps me cope, especially in situations like this because I can't help but laugh to myself when I reflect on the ridiculousness of it all. A simple example is telling myself that being homeless is good because I get to catch up on my reading, so I got that going for me.

I am finding it hard though to find the 'good' lately in my deteriorating predicament. They are kicking me out of here in less than ten days. And while I hate being in this shelter, it is not this shelter I hate, I just hate being in a shelter. This is probably by far the best shelter around. It is definitely better than the other shelters I have been in this summer. And so my condition is only going to become worse when I leave here regardless of where I go. The only way it could get better is to get back to the life I was trying to create.

It would be easy for me to stay here. All I have to do is come up with some kind of measurable goal, such as something like getting back into running, something that will show some kind of progress, but that is only a secondary goal at this point. I know how to manage my life and live independently, I don't need a manager for my personal life. But that isn't really the issue, the issue of someone trying to manage my personal life in the context of this shelter. What I do need is for the people that have been spying on me to step forward and admit it. That is my only goal. That is the only objective I will focus on; finding out who it is. Nothing else matters.









by me, Kerry Burgess: posted by H.V.O.M at 10:48 PM Thursday, September 15, 2005

Series Finale

Well, it's almost that time. They're supposed to be kicking me out of here tomorrow. This will probably be my last post before I go off the air. They mentioned something about getting me into another shelter, but they haven't said anything else about it. They also said something about being in-patient at the VA again, but what is the point to that? I haven't heard anything in the past few days about any of it.

For the past few hours, I have been thinking of something that happened last time I was on the streets. I was sitting somewhere in Seattle reading Robinson Crusoe, knowing that people with answers were watching me and wondering why they aren't telling me anything, and then a bus went by me. As I looked up, a woman on the bus was looking at me. She was smiling or laughing, I'm not sure which one, it felt like she was laughing. I thought about that for a long time. I thought to myself about how she knew who I was. Why would she be laughing at me? She knows I am living a nightmare, the kind of nightmare people have in their sleep but don't even remember in the morning, and she is laughing at me. That was a new feeling to me, of people laughing at me like that, especially of someone laughing at my misfortune. Not to mention, laughing at me while I am in the middle of experiencing such misfortune, such epic misfortune. What is funny about someone having to stumble around through the dangerous streets waiting for that inevitable moment when some group sneaks up behind you late at night and hits you over the head for the change in your pocket? I thought at first that maybe it was just a coincidence, that it was just a random occurrence, but there has just been too much stuff like that happen. Eventually I would decide that she was laughing because she knew everything was going to be ok for me. She knew who I was and she knew I could weather this storm and be the better person for it in the end. That's what I hope for at least. That is what I continue to hope for though as I was expecting some improvement at any moment and I continue to expect that at any minute I will get the news that turns this all around and I can get back to my life. I just don't know. What a wretched existence this has become. I don't want to go back to the streets but I can't stand it here. If I just knew there was an end to all this, it would be so much easier to tolerate.









From 9/7/2005 ( ) To 9/18/2026 ( ) is 7681 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 11/13/1986 ( from The New York Times newspaper: Reagan Confirms Iran Got Arms; Calls Deals Vital; Secret Dealings Have Made Use Of Complex Net ) is 7681 days









To 11/20/1987 ( premiere USA film "Date with an Angel" ) From 1/4/1927 ( from Wikipedia retrieved 09/29/2026: Boris Rtcheouloff filed a patent application for "Means of recording and reproducing pictures, images and the like", the first means for magnetic recording of a television signal onto a moving strip. British patent no. 288,680 was granted in 1928, but the forerunner of videotape was never manufactured. ) is 22235 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 9/18/2026 ( ) is 22235 days









To 4/6/1967 ( premiere USA TV series episode "Star Trek"::"The City on the Edge of Forever" ) From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) is 520 days

1040 = 520 + 520

To 9/18/2026 ( ) From 11/13/2023 ( ) is 1040 days









https://www.king5.com

/article/news/crime/seattle-woman-awaiting-surgery-after-stranger-allegedly-bites-chunk-from-her-forehead

KING5 News Seattle

Seattle woman awaiting surgery after stranger allegedly bites chunk from her forehead

Police referred the downtown Seattle attack for a possible hate crime charge, but prosecutors have so far charged the suspect with second-degree assault.

Author: Sharon Yoo

Published: 5:41 PM PDT September 28, 2026

SEATTLE — A Seattle woman is awaiting surgery after she said a stranger used racial slurs, spit on her and bit a chunk from her forehead during an attack in downtown Seattle.

Diana Gonzalez said the attack happened Sept. 18 while she was on a break from work and walking toward a 7-Eleven on Third Avenue.

Gonzalez said a woman sitting on the street began throwing trash at her.

“Instantly she started yelling that I was an inferior race, ‘mongoloid,’ and ‘inferior race, inferior race,’” Gonzalez said.

Gonzalez said she initially kept her distance, but the encounter escalated when the woman spit on her. She said the woman then grabbed her and pulled her down.

“It’s not like she’s trying to hit me,” Gonzalez said. “She immediately bites me.” The bite tore away a portion of Gonzalez’s forehead.

Gonzalez said she stood up and realized blood was pouring down her face. People nearby came to help, bringing her gauze and other supplies while she called police.

“I had to get a tetanus shot. They did other tests. I had to get on antibiotics,” Gonzalez said. “I have to clean the wound daily with saline solution.”

She is now scheduled to undergo surgery Oct. 8.

Charging documents identify the woman accused of attacking Gonzalez as Kamilia Chadli. According to the documents, Chadli left the area after the encounter and was taken into custody about a block away.

Chadli has since been charged with second-degree assault. Police also referred the case to the King County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office for consideration of a hate crime charge because of the alleged racial comments.

Prosecutors have not filed a hate crime charge at this time. The office said such a charge could potentially be added later if prosecutors determine they can prove the required intent beyond a reasonable doubt.

For Gonzalez, the distinction is difficult, given what Chadli allegedly said immediately before the attack.

“It feels unfair because it seems racially motivated,” Gonzalez said.

Gonzalez said she understands prosecutors moving forward with the charge they believe they can prove, but she wants accountability and treatment that could prevent another attack.

“I would like for her to get a lengthy sentence with therapy or something,” Gonzalez said. “Something where she won’t reoffend.”

Chadli is being held at the King County Jail on $150,000 bail. She is awaiting a mental health evaluation before her next court appearance in October.

Ten days after the attack, Gonzalez said what happened still does not feel entirely real.

“Even now, as I’m telling the story, it feels like I’m just recounting something that happened to someone else,” she said. “It doesn’t feel like my reality.”

Gonzalez said support from friends, family, coworkers and others in the community has helped her as she prepares for surgery and continues to recover.

“I’ve been surrounded with a lot of love and support,” she said. “I really needed that at this time.”

Gonzalez is currently fundraising for her surgery as well as for lost wages.









https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/documents/fireside-chat-17

The American Presidency Project

Franklin D. Roosevelt

32nd President of the United States: 1933 ‐ 1945

Fireside Chat.

March 09, 1937

Last Thursday I described in detail certain economic problems which everyone admits now face the Nation. For the many messages which have come to me after that speech, and which it is physically impossible to answer individually, I take this means of saying "thank you."

Tonight, sitting at my desk in the White House, I make my first radio report to the people in my second term of office.

I am reminded of that evening in March, four years ago, when I made my first radio report to you. We were then in the midst of the great banking crisis.

Soon after, with the authority of the Congress, we asked the Nation to turn over all of its privately held gold, dollar for dollar, to the Government of the United States.

Today's recovery proves how right that policy was.

But when, almost two years later, it came before the Supreme Court its constitutionality was upheld only by a five-to-four vote. The change of one vote would have thrown all the affairs of this great Nation back into hopeless chaos. In effect, four Justices ruled that the right under a private contract to exact a pound of flesh was more sacred than the main objectives of the Constitution to establish an enduring Nation.

In 1933 you and I knew that we must never let our economic system get completely out of joint again- that we could not afford to take the risk of another great depression.










star-trek-tos_season1-ep28_00h19m11s










star-trek-tos_season1-ep28_00h31m34s









Star Trek

"The City on the Edge of Forever"

Original Airdate: Apr 6, 1967

(from internet transcript)

KIRK: Time we faced the unpleasant facts.

SPOCK: First, I believe we have about a week before McCoy arrives, but we can't be certain.

KIRK: Arrives where? Honolulu, Boise, San Diego? Why not Outer Mongolia, for that matter?

SPOCK: There is a theory. There could be some logic to the belief that time is fluid, like a river, with currents, eddies, backwash.

KIRK: And the same currents that swept McCoy to a certain time and place might sweep us there, too.

SPOCK: Unless that is true, Captain, we have no hope. Frustrating. Locked in here is the place and moment of his arrival, even the images of what he did. If only I could tie this tricorder in with the ship's computers for just a few moments.










star-trek-tos_season1-ep28_00h34m23s
star-trek-tos_season1-ep28_00h34m33s
star-trek-tos_season1-ep28_00h34m35s
star-trek-tos_season1-ep28_00h34m47s









excerpt from my private journal as Kerry Burgess: 07/03/09 8:44 AM

I was thinking for an extended period over several days about how the portal opened into the basement of that house, which wasn't really a basement unless you looked at the house from the front because the house was on a sharp incline and from the front of the house it appeared to be a two-story house but if you walked down the slope to the back of the house then the basement appears as the bottom of a three-story house and the basement level opens onto a patio under the deck that is attached to the main level above the bottom level.









excerpt from my private journal as Kerry Burgess: 07/03/09 8:35 AM

Over the course of several days, I had a line of extended thought that sounds very similar to this. It was when I was writing about that "Cylon Projection" one time recently. I was imagining that a portal not unlike the "Monolith" would appear and when I stepped through it I would be transported to that house I "remember" owning in Greer, SC. I couldn't leave the house because it was the only physical location in that dimension and I was physically transported from this environment to that environment in some other dimension and I would have to step back through the portal to work here in this environment but it was a good diversion where I could relax and even eat better food on a regular basis.









http://my.excite.com/tv/prog.jsp?id=EP000189960005&sid=24533&sn=SCIFIP&st=200907030930&cn=58

The Twilight Zone (Repeat)

58 SCIFIP: Friday, July 3 9:30 AM

Science fiction, Fantasy, Suspense

The World Next Door

An inventor (George Wendt) finds a secret door in his basement and journeys into a parallel life.

Original Air Date: Oct 18, 1986









excerpt from my private journal as Kerry Burgess: 07/03/09 9:00 AM

I was even pressing on the walls a few days ago to see if there was some kind of hidden portal that was virtually impossible to see unless you knew precisely what to look for.









From 7/3/2009 ( ) To 9/18/2026 ( ) is 6286 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 1/18/1983 ( ) is 6286 days









https://caselaw.findlaw.com/court/us-supreme-court/464/417.html

FINDLAW

SONY CORP. v. UNIVERSAL CITY STUDIOS, INC. 464 U.S. 417 (1984)

United States Supreme Court

SONY CORP. v. UNIVERSAL CITY STUDIOS, INC. (1984)

No. 81-1687

Argued: January 18, 1983 Decided: January 17, 1984

Petitioner Sony Corp. manufactures home video tape recorders (VTR's), and markets them through retail establishments, some of which are also petitioners. Respondents own the copyrights on some of the television programs that are broadcast on the public airwaves. Respondents brought an action against petitioners in Federal District Court, alleging that VTR consumers had been recording some of respondents' copy-righted works that had been exhibited on commercially sponsored television and thereby infringed respondents' copyrights, and further that petitioners were liable for such copyright infringement because of their marketing of the VTR's.



- by me, Kerry Wayne Burgess, posted by me: 03:11 AM Pacific-timezone USA Tuesday 09/29/2026