Friday, February 09, 2024

Today is 02/09/2024






the-omega-man-1971_00h-19m-46s
the-omega-man-1971_00h-19m-52s










2024-02-09_bluetreeny_1

https://www.instagram.com/p/C3INefsMaKQ/









Stargate (1994)

DANIEL: I-I mean, I've been able to show a fully developed writing systems appeared in the first two dynasties, you know, which you know, almost as if it was based on an even earlier prototype.

[Catherine backs away. Daniel and the lone remaining man look around the now empty room.]









From 4/16/1990 ( premiere USA TV series "Working Girl" ) To 2/9/2024 ( ) is 12352 days

12352 = 6176 + 6176

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 9/30/1982 ( premiere USA TV series "Cheers"::series premiere "Give Me a Ring Sometime" ) is 6176 days



From 1/8/1966 ( US Navy USS Wainwright CG-28 began active service ) To 2/9/2024 ( ) is 21216 days

21216 = 10608 + 10608

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 11/18/1994 ( premiere USA film "Star Trek Generations" ) is 10608 days



From 8/23/1960 ( Dwight Eisenhower, 34th President of USA: Proclamation 3365 - Modification of Trade Agreement Concessions on Cotton Typewriter-Ribbon Cloth ) To 2/9/2024 ( ) is 23180 days

23180 = 11590 + 11590

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 7/27/1997 ( premiere USA TV series "Stargate SG-1" ) is 11590 days



From 3/8/1988 ( as me, Kerry Burgess, while enlisted paygrade E-5, designated Petty Officer Second Class Fire Controlman (FC2), my official enlisted US Navy documents includes: Terrier MK 152 guided-missiles Fire Control Computers Complex Operator (UNIVAC digital-computers Mk152 Terrier System for, primarily, SM2-ER {Extended Range} Standard Missiles ordnance) - CF-division, Missile Plot, USS Wainwright CG-28, US Navy, following my graduation Naval Missiles School, Dam Neck, Virginia ) To 2/9/2024 ( ) is 13121 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 10/5/2001 ( premiere USA film "The American Astronaut" ) is 13121 days









Stargate SG-1 - tv series premiere Season 1 Episode 1 - 07/27/1997

(from internet transcript)

CARTER: This is just incredible.

As the group heads down the steps of the temple, the camera pulls back to show an overhead view of the temple entrance and steps jutting out from the sand at the base of a pyramid-shaped structure.

Dissolve to another shot of the desert, then cut to a darkened hallway. Three natives with torches lead the way inside a different building. Daniel comes next, followed by O'Neill, Carter and Kawalsky with flashlights.

JACKSON: So, I - I figured that there had to be more to this place, so I started exploring, um, this area around the town and the pyramid at first. And after about a month, I found this place. Uh, Captain Doctor, you're going to love this.

Carter shines her flashlight around, although the central brazier provides enough light. The chamber is huge, lined by bird-headed statues alternating with cartouches of hieroglyphics. At the far end of the room is a gleaming symbol - the Eye of Ra.

CARTER: Oh, my God. This is amazing. This is the archaeological find of the century.

She shines the light on the nearest section of hieroglyphics, moving to get a closer look. O'Neill and Daniel follow.

O'NEILL: Daniel, you had a chance to translate this yet?

JACKSON: I think so.

O'NEILL: What's it say?

JACKSON: Well, uh, it - it doesn't say anything. Actually, it's sort of a chart, more of a map.

O'NEILL: Of?

JACKSON: Well, I haven't been able to analyze all of it. I mean... (gesturing around the chamber) look at it. It would take my whole life.

O'NEILL: Well, Daniel, we don't have that long. What's it a map of?

JACKSON: Well... the cartouches seem to be separated clearly into groupings. Each grouping is attached to the others by a series of lines, and each grouping contains seven symbols, so you can see where this is going, of course.

O'NEILL: Tell us anyway.

JACKSON: All of the symbols are on the Stargate in the Abydos chamber. I've also managed to chart some of them in the Abydos sky, or at least pretty close. Jack, I think this is a map of a vast network of Stargates, Stargates that are - are all over the galaxy.

CARTER: Uh, I don't think that can be, Doctor.

JACKSON: Why not?

CARTER: Well, because after Colonel O'Neill and his team came back, my team tried hundreds of symbol permutations using Earth as the point of origin, and it never worked.

JACKSON: Well, I tried the same here and it didn't work either. But I figured the destinations I tried are either destroyed or... buried, but some of them somewhere must still exist.

CARTER: I don't think so.

JACKSON: Then where did your Ra lookalike come from? (as Carter is speechless) I - I don't pretend to know anything about astrophysics, but couldn't the planets change? I mean, uh... drift apart or something like that to throw this map off?

CARTER: I knew I'd like you.

JACKSON: You mean I'm right?

CARTER: According to the expanding universe model, all bodies in the universe are constantly moving apart.

JACKSON: So in the thousands of years since the Stargate was built -

CARTER: All the coordinates could have changed.

JACKSON: But why does it still work between Abydos and Earth?

CARTER: Abydos is probably the closest planet in the network to Earth. I mean, the closer they are, the less the difference in relative position due to expansion. The further away, the greater the difference.In a few thousand more years, it won't work between Earth and Abydos either.

JACKSON: Unless you can adjust for the displacement.

CARTER: Right. Now with this map as a base, that should be easy. All we have to do is correct for Doppler shift.

Standing apart from the two of them, Kawalsky and O'Neill look on, unable to comprehend the technobabble.

CARTER: Then I should be able to arrive at a computer model that will predict the adjustments necessary to get the Gate working again.

KAWALSKY: Okay. So what did we just figure out?










baby-sister-1983_00h-49m-44s



- by me, Kerry Wayne Burgess, posted by me: 1:53 PM Pacific-time USA Friday 02/09/2024