I am Kerry Burgess. This is what I think.
If this is the first blog-post by me you're reading then you are galactically uninformed.
This Is What I Think.
Sunday, July 26, 2026
Today is 07/26/2026
IMDb
Event Horizon (1997)
Quotes
D.J.: I wasn't going to tell you this. I've been listening to the distress signal, and I, um, think I made a mistake in the translation.
[Plays the distress signal]
Miller: Go on.
D.J.: I thought it said "liberate me" - "save me." But it's not "me." It's "liberate tutemet" - "save yourself." And it gets worse.
[Plays the distress signal again]
D.J.: There - I think that says "ex inferis." "Save yourself... from Hell." Look, if what Doctor Weir tells us is true, this ship has been beyond the boundaries of our universe, of known scientific reality. Who knows where it's been, what it's seen... or what it's brought back with it?
Miller: From Hell? You don't believe in that kind of stuff, do you?
D.J.: Whoever sent that message, he sure believed in Hell.
IMDb
Event Horizon (1997)
Quotes
Miller: Smitty have you seen... anything unusual at all?
Smith: No, I haven't seen anything and I don't need to see anything sir but I can tell you... this ship is fucked.
Dr. Weir: Well, thank you for that scientific analysis, Mr Smith.
[smirks]
Smith: Yeah, well you don't exactly have to be a scientist to figure it out, do ya?
[grabs Dr. Weir by his uniform]
Miller: [pulls Smith away] All right, all right!
Smith: You break all the laws of physics and you seriously think there wouldn't be a price?
crazies img4 .jpg, from internet - The Crazies (2010)
IMDb
Weapons (2025)
Quotes
Marcus: [Gladys deliberately slashes her hand open] Why did you do that?
Gladys Lilly: Well it was an accident, of course.
[Shows her bloody hand]
Gladys Lilly: Wow, that's really bleeding!
DSC04820
DSC04821
DSC04822
IMDb
Weapons (2025)
Quotes
Gladys Lilly: [to Alex] You'll need to feed your parents. There's soup in the cabinet. Tomorrow you'll get some more.
by me, Kerry Burgess, 07/10/2026
Still trying to figure out how it all went so wrong.
From 12/1/1964 ( premiere USA TV series episode "World War One"::"D-Day at Gallipoli" ) To 8/8/2025 ( ) is 22165 days
From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 7/10/2026 ( ) is 22165 days
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/movies/articles/aunt-gladys-prequel-details-weapons-174146026.html
Yahoo! News
Mandatory
Aunt Gladys Prequel Details Make Weapons Look Like Horror’s Next Big Franchise
Evolve Editors
Fri, July 24, 2026 at 10:41 AM PDT 2 min read
scheduled to arrive in theaters on September 8, 2028.
BATTLESTAR GALACTICA
4X09 - THE HUB (tv series episode)
ORIGINAL AIRDATE (SciFi): 06-JUN-2008
(from internet transcript)
Baltar: Because I know God. You need God, Laura. Really, you'd be a different woman. I know God, therefore I know myself. Truth is... I was harboring the most awful, desperate guilt. A heavy, dark... Unimaginable, soul-breaking guilt. Now it's gone. Now it's gone, it's been transformed. Into ... I have been transformed.
Roslin: What was your guilt about?
Baltar: I have no guilt.
Roslin: What was your guilt about?
Baltar: I gave the access codes to the Cylons. They wiped out most of humanity. Of course, I didn't know that's what I was doing at the time, exactly, but that's what I did. And when I realized what I had done, the magnitude... In that moment, I was saved. I was loved. By God.
Baltar: Pythia talks about the flood that wiped out most of humanity. Nobody blames the flood, a flood is a force of nature. Through the flood, mankind is rejuvenated, born again. I was another flood, you see. I blamed myself. I blamed myself. But God made the man who made that choice. God made us all perfect. And in that thought, all my guilt flies away... Flies away, like a bird. I can give you that peace, Laura, that freedom. Pray with me. Pray with me.
Roslin: Okay.
From 2/10/1963 ( ) To 12/17/2025 ( by me, Kerry Burgess, referenced here below ) is 22956 days
From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 9/8/2028 ( ) is 22956 days
From 10/15/1999 ( ) To 9/8/2028 ( ) is 10556 days
10556 = 5278 + 5278
From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 4/15/1980 ( premiere USA TV "Guyana Tragedy: The Story of Jim Jones" ) is 5278 days
From 10/15/1999 ( ) To 9/8/2028 ( ) is 10556 days
From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 9/27/1994 ( premiere USA TV series episode "Frasier"::"The Unkindest Cut of All" ) is 10556 days
From 10/15/1960 ( premiere USA TV series episode "The Brothers Brannagan"::"Delayed Payment" ) To 9/8/2028 ( ) is 24800 days
24800 = 12400 + 12400
From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 10/15/1999 ( ) is 12400 days
Stargate SG-1
"Past and Present"
TV-series season 3 episode 11, 10/15/1999
KE'RA
Tell me of Linea.
DANIEL
Well, uh, basically, we met her on a visit to another planet, during which we were imprisoned, unjustly, and Linea helped us escape.
KE'RA
Surely there is nothing wrong with that, if you were imprisoned unjustly.
DANIEL
Well, she was imprisoned justly. It was only after we escaped that we learned this nice, older lady we thought Linea was, was in fact a very, very bad, older lady, who had committed terrible crimes.
KE'RA
What crimes?
DANIEL
She created a plague that almost wiped out an entire people. They called her the Destroyer of Worlds.
IMDb
The Crazies (2010)
Quotes
[first lines]
Becca Darling: Um, Dr. Dutton, my aunt's in town.
Judy Dutton: Um hmm...
Becca Darling: And she's sick too.
Judy Dutton: Phew, I'm going to need you to stay late tonight. You know, you should probably text your aunt - Scotty - and tell him you can't make it to the baseball game tonight.
IMDb
The Crazies (2010)
Quotes
David Dutton: You know what?
Russell Clank: What?
David Dutton: We're in trouble.
1963-02-10_1-1
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0724630/
IMDb
The Ed Sullivan Show
S16.E20
Episode #16.20
Episode aired Feb 10, 1963
Bill Dana in character as "C.I.A. Spy Jose Jimenez".
IMDb
The Right Stuff (1983)
Quotes
Gonzalez: You know, Mr. Shepard, me and my friends think your Jose Jimenez imitation is A-OK. But what you're doing with it is B-A-D.
Alan Shepard: [being escorted to the toilet while holding in a barium enema] Tell me something, Mr. Gonzalez. You ever have any explosions doing this?
Gonzalez: All the time. It's a mess.
Alan Shepard: Tell me something else, Mr. Gonzalez. How am I doing?
Gonzalez: I think you're going to make it, man. I think you're going to be an astronaut.
http://hvom.blogspot.com/2025/12/today-is-12172025-post-5.html
by me, Kerry Wayne Burgess, posted by me: 10:07 PM
Number 878: The Farthest Man From Home
I am Kerry Burgess. This is what I think.
If this is the first blog-post by me you're reading then you are galactically uninformed.
Wednesday, December 17, 2025
Today is 12/17/2025, Post 5
by me, Kerry Burgess, 12/17/2025 10:04 PM
Just finished viewing this title on HBO Max
Noticed it a few other times before today with no real interest in viewing it. Decided to view it tonight because I realized tonight the digital-clock element was in the most recent new episode of The Simpsons. Can't think of any other detail that links those two
This is actually a very good production. I liked it. Made me wonder - as often happens - what *I* was doing that same day
Especially because I had no idea of any specific details about it until just a few moments ago and I discovered the purely random details I thought of that same day
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt26581740/releaseinfo/
IMDb
Weapons
Release info
United States August 8, 2025
IMDb
Weapons (2025)
Quotes
Narrator: This is a true story that happened in my town. So this one Wednesday is like a normal day for the whole school, but today was different. Every other class had all their kids, but Mrs. Gandy's room was totally empty. And do you know why? Because the night before, at 2:17 in the morning, every kid woke up, got out of bed, walked downstairs, and into the dark... and they never came back.
- by me, Kerry Wayne Burgess, posted by me: 10:07 PM Pacific-timezone USA Wednesday 12/17/2025
[excerpt ends December 17, 2025]
From 5/15/1984 ( officially accepted for enlistment US Navy on 05/21/1983 for the Advanced Electronics Field, as Kerry Wayne Burgess I began active service for an enlistment period of six years as US Navy enlisted seafarer as scheduled for this day ) To 9/8/2028 ( ) is 16187 days
From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 2/26/2010 ( premiere USA film "The Crazies" ) is 16187 days
From 5/15/1984 ( Ronald Reagan, 40th president of USA federal government 1981-1989: Proclamation 5194 - Missing Children Day, 1984 ) To 9/8/2028 ( ) is 16187 days
From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 2/26/2010 ( premiere USA film "The Crazies" ) is 16187 days
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/movies/articles/aunt-gladys-prequel-details-weapons-174146026.html
Yahoo! News
Mandatory
Aunt Gladys Prequel Details Make Weapons Look Like Horror’s Next Big Franchise
Evolve Editors
Fri, July 24, 2026 at 10:41 AM PDT 2 min read
Zach Cregger is working on a prequel to the Weapons franchise featuring Amy Madigan's character Aunt Gladys, potentially expanding the supernatural cinematic universe.
Zach Cregger's upcoming Aunt Gladys prequel is a great idea for the future of the Weapons franchise. The mystery surrounding Amy Madigan's villainous character could potentially introduce the audience to a new supernatural cinematic universe. This would, in turn, possibly make the acclaimed horror franchise the next big thing for Warner Bros Pictures.
Titled Gladys, the Weapons prequel is currently being written by Cregger and Zach Shields. Cregger won't be directing the film, but is expected to serve as one of its producers. After winning an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress, Amy Madigan will reprise her award-winning role as Aunt Gladys, who was introduced in the first movie as a witch who uses voodoo to control people. The upcoming film is scheduled to arrive in theaters on September 8, 2028.
Why Aunt Gladys prequel could open new possibilities for the Weapons franchise
According to Cregger's most recent update, the Gladys movie will feature "a lot of twists and turns and mysteries and crazy things" just like what we've seen from the first installment. The Resident Evil director is confident that they have "an amazing story" for the Weapons prequel. Since Aunt Gladys was kept as a mystery for most of the movie, Cregger and Shields have the opportunity to take her story in different directions. Delving into her origin story means that we'll get to see how the villain became an evil witch who kidnaps children to keep herself alive.
One of the interesting directions that Cregger could go is introducing other characters like her. Since Aunt Gladys is a witch, it's most likely that she isn't the only one who can do what she does in the Weapons universe. It would also be exciting if Cregger decided to feature different kinds of witches or powerful entities, including ones who don't resort to destroying other people's lives just to stay alive. Her origin story could potentially open up to a new supernatural world, which will give the franchise limitless possibilities to explore. However, it's still up to Cregger whether he wants to expand the Weapons franchise into Warner Bros.'s next horror cinematic universe, or keep it contained to preserve the original's uniqueness.
- by me, Kerry Wayne Burgess, posted by me: 7:32 PM Pacific-timezone USA Sunday 07/26/2026

