Wednesday, April 16, 2008

National P.O.W./M.I.A. Recognition Day, 1987





From 5/1/1967 ( my first flight by myself as jet pilot ) to 9/18/1987 ( National P.O.W./M.I.A. Recognition Day ) is: 7445 days

From 3/3/1959 ( my birth date US ) to 7/21/1979 ( my wife and I are married ) is: 7445 days


http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=34727

Proclamation 5695 National P.O.W./M.I.A. Recognition Day, 1987

August 21st, 1987

By the President of the United States of America

A Proclamation



Now, Therefore, I, Ronald Reagan, President of the United States of America, do hereby proclaim Friday, September 18, 1987, as National P.O.W./M.I.A. Recognition Day. I call upon all Americans to join in honoring all former American prisoners of war, those still missing, and their families who have made extraordinary sacrifices on behalf of our country.










From 11/15/1966 ( Gemini 12 spacecraft splashdown and I was Gemini 12 spacecraft astronaut ) to 8/21/1987 ( Proclamation 5695 National P.O.W./M.I.A. Recognition Day, 1987 ) is: 7584 days

7584 = 3792 + 3792

From 3/4/1959 ( my birth date UK ) to 7/21/1969 ( I was Apollo 11 Eagle astronaut walking on Earth's moon ) is: 3792 days



From 11/28/1976 ( I launched from the Jupiter moon Callisto for Earth and home ) to 8/21/1987 ( Proclamation 5695 National P.O.W./M.I.A. Recognition Day, 1987 ) is: 3918 days

3918 = 1959 + 1959

'1959 March 3' ( my birth date US )


http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=34727

Proclamation 5695 National P.O.W./M.I.A. Recognition Day, 1987

August 21st, 1987


By the President of the United States of America

A Proclamation

Perhaps no American could cherish our country's liberty more dearly than those who have defended it and in doing so have paid the price of capture and imprisonment. We take solemn inspiration and resolve from the sacrifices of brave Americans who have endured captivity for their allegiance to our beloved land and our ideals. Their dignity, faith, and valor remind us of the allegiance we owe our Nation and its defenders.

We also take inspiration from the courage of the families of those who remain missing or unaccounted for. The fortitude they display in the face of uncertainty is heroic, like the acts of those whose fates they seek to learn. We as a Nation will not rest in our efforts to secure the release of any U.S. personnel who may still be held against their will, to obtain the fullest possible accounting of those still missing, to repatriate all recoverable American remains, and to relieve the suffering of the families.

The P.O.W./M.I.A. issue will continue to be a matter of the highest national priority until it is resolved. To symbolize our national commitment, the P.O.W./M.I.A. Flag will fly over the White House, the Departments of State and Defense, the Veterans Administration, and the Vietnam Veterans Memorial on September 18, 1987. It will also fly over the Vietnam Veterans Memorial on Memorial Day and Veterans Day.

To recognize the special debt of gratitude all Americans owe to those who sacrificed their freedom in the service of our country and to reaffirm our commitment to their courageous families, the Congress, by Senate Joint Resolution 49, has designated September 18, 1987, as "National POW/ MIA Recognition Day" and authorized and requested the President to issue a proclamation in observance of this occasion.

Now, Therefore, I, Ronald Reagan, President of the United States of America, do hereby proclaim Friday, September 18, 1987, as National P.O.W./M.I.A. Recognition Day. I call upon all Americans to join in honoring all former American prisoners of war, those still missing, and their families who have made extraordinary sacrifices on behalf of our country. I also call upon State and local officials and private organizations to observe this day with every appropriate ceremony and activity.

In Witness Whereof, I have hereunto set my hand this twenty-first day of August, in the year of our Lord nineteen hundred and eighty-seven, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and twelfth.

RONALD REAGAN










From 7/16/1963 ( my wife ) to 12/10/1978 ( premiere US movie "Superman" ) is: 5626 days

5626 = 2813 + 2813

From 3/4/1959 ( my birth date UK ) to 11/15/1966 ( Gemini 12 spacecraft splashdown and I was Gemini 12 spacecraft astronaut ) is: 2813 days


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078346/releaseinfo

Release dates for

Superman (1978)

USA 10 December 1978 (Washington, D.C.) (premiere)










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 04/25/07 5:37 AM
It might be because I knew Phoebe Cates, but I can't remember.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 04/25/07 5:40 AM
So it would follow that there is a 3-3-3 connection with Phoebe Cates and me.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 04/25/07 5:44 AM
She was 3 years, 3 months, 30 days, old on 11/15/1966.










http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/splashdown

splashdown

1. the landing of a space vehicle in a body of water, esp. the ocean.
2. the exact place where such a landing is made.
3. the time of such a landing.










http://www.twiztv.com/scripts/battlestar/

http://www.twiztv.com/scripts/battlestar/season3/galactica-320.htm


BATTLESTAR GALACTICA
3X20 - CROSSROADS (2)
Original Airdate (SciFi): 25-MAR-2007



(Viper 3)

Apollo: Galactica, Apollo. I'm in Viper 3. I have a bogey at my ten. I'm gonna go check it out. [She appears and disappears.] Where'd he go? Where the frak did you go? [She zooms him.] What the frak?!

Starbuck, pulling up alongside: Hi, Lee.

Apollo: Kara?

Starbuck: Don't freak out. It really is me. [Chuckles.] It's gonna be okay. I've been to Earth. I know where it is. And I'm gonna take us there.










From 12/11/1972 ( I was Apollo 17 Challenger astronaut walking on the Earth's moon ) to 6/1/1982 ( Proclamation 4944—National P.O.W.-M.I.A. Recognition Day, 1982 ) is: 3459 days

'34-59' ( my birth date UK )



From 2/12/1973 ( Operation Homecoming begins and I was one of the C-141A pilots ) to 6/1/1982 ( Proclamation 4944—National P.O.W.-M.I.A. Recognition Day, 1982 ) is: 3396 days

From 3/3/1959 ( my birth date US ) to 6/19/1968 ( my 1st Medal of Honor and I am U.S. military fighter jet ace during Vietnam War ) is: 3396 days


http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=42591

Proclamation 4944—National P.O.W.-M.I.A. Recognition Day, 1982

June 1st, 1982


By the President of the United States of America

A Proclamation

Since the Revolutionary War, when General George Washington complained of the treatment accorded to captured soldiers of the Continental Army, the United States has recognized the uncommon hardships experienced by our soldiers held prisoner during times of war. Called upon to defend American ideals while undergoing extreme adversity in violation of fundamental moral standards and the international codes and customs for the treatment of prisoners of war, our soldiers have fulfilled their duty to their services and country.

Similarly, our country has recognized the acute suffering experienced by the families of our soldiers held captive or missing in action. The uncertainty these service families live with day-to-day surely touches the heart of every American.

The Congress has by Joint Resolution designated July 9, 1982 as National P.O.W. M.I.A. Recognition Day and on this day we should recognize the special debt owed to our fellow citizens who gave up their freedom and their families in the service of our country. We must also remember our still missing servicemen, for whose families, relatives and friends the anguish and bitterness of war are enduring aspects.

Our Nation must not forget and will continue to seek answers to their fates.

Now, Therefore, I, Ronald Reagan, President of the United States of America, do hereby designate July 9, 1982 as National P.O.W.-M.I.A. Recognition Day, a day dedicated to all former American prisoners of war, to those still missing, and to their families. I call on all Americans to join in honoring those who made the uncommon sacrifice of being held captive in war, and their loved ones.

I call upon State and local officials and private organizations to observe this day with appropriate ceremonies and activities.

In Witness Whereof, I have hereunto set my hand this 1st day of June, in the year of our Lord nineteen hundred and eighty-two, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and sixth.

RONALD REAGAN










From 3/4/1959 ( my birth date UK ) to 1/16/1969 ( President Lyndon Johnson presents Congressional Medals of Honor ) is 3 days, 45 weeks, 9 years

'34-59' ( my birth date UK )



From 3/4/1959 ( my birth date UK ) to 2/9/1964 ( my final day as competitor at Innsbruck Olympics where I won Olympic gold medals ) is: 1803 days

From 2/9/1964 ( my final day as competitor at Innsbruck Olympics where I won Olympic gold medals ) to 1/16/1969 ( President Lyndon Johnson presents Congressional Medals of Honor ) is: 1803 days


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:LyndonJohnson_MedalsAwarded.jpg

Image:LyndonJohnson MedalsAwarded.jpg


President Lyndon Johnson awarded Congressional Medals of Honor to the following servicemen on January 16, 1969. From Left to Right:

Navy Lt. Clyde E. Lassen, Ft. Myers, Florida
Marine Maj. Stephen W. Pless, Newnan, Georgia
Air Force Lt. Col. Joe M. Jackson, Newnan, Georgia
Army S/Sgt. Drew D. Dix, Pueblo, Colorado










From 7/20/1969 ( I was Apollo 11 Eagle astronaut landing on Earth's moon ) to 7/9/1982 ( National P.O.W.-M.I.A. Recognition Day ) is: 4737 days

From 7/16/1963 ( my wife ) to 7/4/1976 ( I successfully diverted the comet in the outer solar system ) is: 4737 days



From 10/9/1971 ( I am board-certified surgeon ) to 7/9/1982 ( National P.O.W.-M.I.A. Recognition Day ) is: 3926 days

3926 = 1963 + 1963

'1963 July 16' ( my wife )


http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=42591

Proclamation 4944—National P.O.W.-M.I.A. Recognition Day, 1982

June 1st, 1982


By the President of the United States of America

A Proclamation



Now, Therefore, I, Ronald Reagan, President of the United States of America, do hereby designate July 9, 1982 as National P.O.W.-M.I.A. Recognition Day, a day dedicated to all former American prisoners of war, to those still missing, and to their families. I call on all Americans to join in honoring those who made the uncommon sacrifice of being held captive in war, and their loved ones.










From 10/9/1971 ( I am board-certified surgeon ) to 7/19/1985 ( National P.O.W./M.I.A. Recognition Day ) is: 5032 days

From 3/3/1959 ( my birth date US ) to 12/11/1972 ( I was Apollo 17 Challenger astronaut walking on the Earth's moon ) is: 5032 days


http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=38835

Proclamation 5356—National P.O.W./M.I.A. Recognition Day, 1985

June 27th, 1985


By the President of the United States of America

A Proclamation

Since the Revolutionary War, America's men and women have made unselfish sacrifices to defend freedom. In each of America's wars, America's prisoners of war have faced extraordinary hardships and overcome them through extraordinary sacrifices. The bravery, suffering, and profound devotion to duty of our P.O.W.s and M.I.A.s have earned them a preeminent place in the hearts of all Americans. Their heroism is a beacon to follow forever. Their spirit of hope and commitment to the defense of freedom reflects the basic tenets of our Nation.

This country deeply appreciates the pain and suffering endured by families whose fathers, sons, husbands, or brothers are today still missing or unaccounted for. These families are an example of the strength and patriotism of all Americans. We as a people are united in supporting efforts to return the captive, recover the missing, resolve the accounting, and relieve the suffering of the families who wait. We accept our continuing obligation to these missing servicemen. Until the P.O.W./M.I.A. issue is resolved, it will continue to be a matter of the highest national priority. As a symbol of this national commitment, the P.O.W./M.I.A. Flag will fly over the White House, the Departments of State and Defense, the Veterans' Administration, and the Vietnam Veterans Memorial on July 19, 1985, and over the Vietnam Veterans Memorial on Memorial Day and Veterans Day.

By Senate Joint Resolution 87, the Congress has designated July 19, 1985, as "National P.O.W./M.I.A. Recognition Day." On this day, we recognize the special debt all Americans owe to our fellow citizens who gave up their freedom in the service of our country; we owe no less to their families.

Now, Therefore, I, Ronald Reagan, President of the United States of America, do hereby proclaim Friday, July 19, 1985, as National P.O.W./M.I.A. Recognition Day. I call on all Americans to join in honoring all former American prisoners of war, those still missing, and their families who have endured and still suffer extraordinary sacrifices on behalf of this country. I also call upon State and local officials and private organizations to observe this day with appropriate ceremonies and activities.

In Witness Whereof, I have hereunto set my hand this 27th day of June, in the year of our Lord nineteen hundred and eightyfive, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and ninth.

RONALD REAGAN










http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=35638&st=&st1=

Proclamation 5788—National Former Prisoners of War Recognition Day, 1988

April 1st, 1988


It is truly fitting that America observe April 9 in recognition of our former prisoners of war; that date is the 46th anniversary of the day in 1942 when U.S. forces holding out on the Bataan Peninsula in the Philippines were captured. Later, as prisoners of war, these gallant Americans were subjected to the infamous Bataan Death March and to other inhumane treatment that killed thousands of them before they could be liberated. In every conflict, brutality has invariably been meted out to American prisoners of war; on April 9 and every day, we must remember with solemn pride and gratitude that valor and tenacity have ever been our prisoners' response.

That is clear from the words of then-Captain Jeremiah Denton, USN, when he and other U.S. prisoners of war were freed in 1973 after years of captivity in North Vietnam. "We are honored to have had the opportunity to serve our country under these difficult circumstances," Captain Denton said. Implacable and incredible courage, endurance, faith, and patriotism were behind those words—eloquent and immortal testimony to the spirit of America's Armed Forces in the Vietnam War and throughout our history.

The term "difficult circumstances" referred to nothing less than physical and mental torture, starvation, disease, separation from loved ones, and deprivation of medical treatment—an ordeal that for some, in every conflict, did not end until death. To their brave families we offer solace and salute. To our former prisoners of war who endured so much, we say that with your example and with God's help we will seek to meet the standards of devotion you have set; we will never forget your service or your sacrifice.

The Congress, by Public Law 100-269, has designated April 9, 1988, as "National Former Prisoners of War Recognition Day" and authorized and requested the President to issue a proclamation in observance of this event.

Now, Therefore, I, Ronald Reagan, President of the United States of America, do hereby proclaim April 9, 1988, as National Former Prisoners of War Recognition Day, and I urge all Americans to observe this day of remembrance with appropriate ceremonies and activities.

In Witness Whereof, I have hereunto set my hand this first day of April, in the year of our Lord nineteen hundred and eightyeight, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and twelfth.

RONALD REAGAN










From 10/11/1976 ( Public Law 94-479, General Of The Armies, approved by President Gerald Ford ) to 9/12/1988 ( Proclamation 5858—National P.O.W./M.I.A. Recognition Day, 1988 ) is: 4354 days

4354 = 2177 + 2177

From 3/4/1959 ( my birth date UK ) to 2/17/1965 ( I am active duty U.S. Navy SEAL ) is: 2177 days


http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=36355

Proclamation 5858—National P.O.W./M.I.A. Recognition Day, 1988

September 12th, 1988


By the President of the United States of America

A Proclamation

From America's earliest hours as a free Nation, we have known that the cost of liberty is steep. The bill has been paid in full by the courageous members of our Armed Forces. We owe a great debt to all who have served so faithfully and sacrificed so much for our land. Among their ranks are former prisoners of war and those still missing in action, including men known to be alive after the end of hostilities. We will never forget these gallant Americans, or their brave families, or our obligations to them.

We have a deep moral responsibility in this regard—a duty to make every possible effort to account for and return missing Americans to their homeland and to their loved ones. Until the P.O.W./M.I.A. issue is resolved, this issue stays, and will stay, among our Nation's highest priorities.

Similarly, our country has recognized the prolonged and acute suffering of the families of those who remain missing or unaccounted for. We pledge again our unflagging determination to obtain the fullest possible accounting of those still missing, to repatriate all recoverable American remains, and to relieve the suffering and uncertainty of their families.

We will also continue our intelligence efforts to confirm reports of Americans still held in captivity in Southeast Asia. Each of these reports is investigated thoroughly, and both the Executive branch and the Congress scrutinize them. We have not yet been able to confirm such reports; but, if we do, I have pledged to take decisive action to return our men. We have raised this issue repeatedly in negotiations with governments involved, despite their denials.

Our search for the truth is bound up closely with our heritage as a Nation that respects the inherent dignity and worth of every individual. Our liberty is secure because every life is precious to us; we, therefore, can write no final chapter to the story of those who answered their country's call and did not return. They gave without limit, and we owe them, and their families, no less.

To symbolize our continuing national commitment, the P.O.W./M.I.A. Flag will fly over the White House, the Departments of State and Defense, the Veterans Administration, the Selective Service System headquarters, and the Vietnam Veterans Memorial on September 16, 1988. It will also fly over the Vietnam Veterans Memorial on Memorial Day and Veterans Day.

In recognition of the special debt of gratitude all Americans owe to those who sacrificed their freedom in the service of our country and to their courageous families, the Congress, by House Joint Resolution 453, has designated September 16, 1988, as "National POW/MIA Recognition Day" and authorized and requested the President to issue a proclamation in observance of this occasion.

Now, Therefore, I, Ronald Reagan, President of the United States of America, do hereby proclaim Friday, September 16, 1988, as National P.O.W./M.I.A. Recognition Day. I call upon all Americans to join in honoring all former American prisoners of war, those still missing, and their families who have made extraordinary sacrifices on behalf of our country. I also call upon State and local officials and private organizations to observe this day with every appropriate ceremony and activity.

In Witness Whereof, I have hereunto set my hand this twelfth day of September, in the year of our Lord nineteen hundred and eighty-eight, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and thirteenth.

RONALD REAGAN










From 7/20/1969 ( I was Apollo 11 Eagle astronaut landing on Earth's moon ) to 9/16/1988 ( National P.O.W./M.I.A. Recognition Day ) is: 6998 days

6998 = 3499 + 3499

From 7/16/1963 ( my wife ) to 2/12/1973 ( Operation Homecoming begins and I was one of the C-141A pilots ) is: 3499 days


http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=36355

Proclamation 5858—National P.O.W./M.I.A. Recognition Day, 1988

September 12th, 1988

By the President of the United States of America

A Proclamation



Now, Therefore, I, Ronald Reagan, President of the United States of America, do hereby proclaim Friday, September 16, 1988, as National P.O.W./M.I.A. Recognition Day. I call upon all Americans to join in honoring all former American prisoners of war, those still missing, and their families who have made extraordinary sacrifices on behalf of our country.










From 3/4/1959 ( my birth date UK ) to 11/26/1976 ( my first landing Jupiter moon Callisto ) is: 6477 days

From 2/9/1964 ( my final day as competitor at Innsbruck Olympics where I won Olympic gold medals ) to 11/3/1981 ( Proclamation 4882—National Family Week ) is: 6477 days



From 7/16/1963 ( my wife ) to 11/26/1976 ( my first landing Jupiter moon Callisto ) is: 4882 days



http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=43204&st=&st1=

Proclamation 4882—National Family Week

November 3rd, 1981

By the President of the United States of America

A Proclamation

The family is the basic unit of our society, the heart of our free democracy. It provides love, acceptance, guidance, support, and instruction to the individual. Community values and goals that give America strength also take root in the home. In times of change and challenge, families keep safe our cultural heritage and reinforce our spiritual foundation.

As the mainstay of our national life, family life must be preserved. When a family needs external assistance to help it to perform its unique role, this assistance should not interfere with the family's fundamental responsibilities and prerogatives. Rather, aid should be supportive and purposeful in strengthening the family's stability, self-sufficiency and permanence.

National Family Week is a time to be thankful for the family as a national heritage and resource. It is a time to recommit ourselves to the concept of the family—a concept that must withstand the trends of lifestyle and legislation. Let us pledge that our institutions and policies will be shaped to enhance an environment in which families can strengthen their ties and best exercise their beliefs, authority, and resourcefulness. And let us make our pledge mindful that we do so not only on behalf of individual family members, but for America.

Now, Therefore, I, Ronald Reagan, President of the United States of America, in accordance with Senate Joint Resolution 4, do hereby proclaim the week beginning November 22, 1981, as National Family Week. I call upon the people of the United States to observe this week with appropriate activities in their homes and communities.

In Witness Whereof I have hereunto set my hand this 3rd day of November, in the year of our Lord nineteen hundred and eighty-one, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and sixth.

RONALD REAGAN










From 11/28/1976 ( I launched from the Jupiter moon Callisto for Earth and home ) to 11/22/1981 ( National Family Week ) is 59 months, 3 weeks, 4 days

'59-34' ( my birth date UK )


http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=43204&st=&st1=

Proclamation 4882—National Family Week

November 3rd, 1981

By the President of the United States of America


Now, Therefore, I, Ronald Reagan, President of the United States of America, in accordance with Senate Joint Resolution 4, do hereby proclaim the week beginning November 22, 1981, as National Family Week. I call upon the people of the United States to observe this week with appropriate activities in their homes and communities.










From 2/17/1965 ( I am active duty U.S. Navy SEAL ) to 11/12/1982 ( Proclamation 4999—National Family Week, 1982 ) is: 6477 days

From 3/4/1959 ( my birth date UK ) to 11/26/1976 ( my first landing Jupiter moon Callisto ) is: 6477 days


http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=41987

Proclamation 4999—National Family Week, 1982

November 12th, 1982

By the President of the United States of America

A Proclamation

The family has always been the cornerstone of American society. Our families nurture, preserve and pass on to each succeeding generation the values we share and cherish, values that are the foundation for our freedoms. In the family we learn our first lessons of God and man, love and discipline, rights and responsibilities, human dignity and human frailty.

Our families give us daily examples of these lessons being put into practice. In raising and instructing our children; in providing personal and compassionate care for the elderly; in bringing the handicapped into the mainstream of community life; in maintaining the spiritual strength of religious commitment among our people—in these and other ways, America's families make immeasurable contributions to America's well-being.

Today, more than ever, it is essential that these contributions not be taken for granted and that each of us remember that the strength of our families is vital to the strength of our Nation. Recognizing that the family is a national heritage and resource, the Congress, by Senate Joint Resolution 190, has requested that the week of November 21 through 27, 1982, be designated as National Family Week.

Now, Therefore, I, Ronald Reagan, President of the United States of America, do hereby proclaim the week of November 21 through 27, 1982, as National Family Week. I applaud the countless mothers and fathers who have committed their lives to supporting families, whether by working in the marketplace to provide financial support or by working in the home to raise children. I also applaud those who, through adoption and foster care, have gone the extra mile to provide families for those who otherwise would have none.

I invite the Governors of the several States, the chief officials of local governments and all our citizens to observe this week with appropriate ceremonies and activities. During a week in which we will also observe Thanksgiving Day, I especially invite all Americans to give thanks for the family relationships with which we have been blessed.

In Witness Whereof, I have hereunto set my hand this 12th day of Nov., in the year of our Lord nineteen hundred and eightytwo, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and seventh.

RONALD REAGAN










From 2/5/1964 ( I was Olympic gold medalist at Innsbruck Olympics again on this day ) to 11/21/1982 ( National Family Week ) is: 6864 days

From 7/16/1963 ( my wife ) to 5/1/1982 ( my graduation and commissioning U.S. Naval Academy Class of 1982 ) is: 6864 days


http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=41987

Proclamation 4999—National Family Week, 1982

November 12th, 1982

By the President of the United States of America


Now, Therefore, I, Ronald Reagan, President of the United States of America, do hereby proclaim the week of November 21 through 27, 1982, as National Family Week. I applaud the countless mothers and fathers who have committed their lives to supporting families, whether by working in the marketplace to provide financial support or by working in the home to raise children. I also applaud those who, through adoption and foster care, have gone the extra mile to provide families for those who otherwise would have none.










From 12/24/1968 ( I was Apollo 8 spacecraft astronaut in orbit of Earth's moon ) to 6/7/1976 ( the Saturn moon Phoebe belongs to me ) is: 2722 days

From 6/7/1976 ( the Saturn moon Phoebe belongs to me ) to 11/20/1983 ( National Family Week ) is: 2722 days



http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=40730

Proclamation 5126—National Family Week, 1983

November 4th, 1983


By the President of the United States of America

A Proclamation

The family and family life are central to our American heritage. Family bonds give us an anchor in the past, as well as hope for the future. It is within the family that tradition is created, individuals grow, and faith is nurtured. Through family living, we discover who we are, how to interact with our fellowman, and the values that make a free society possible.

Families perform the daily tasks that sustain and renew us, including raising children and caring for the elderly. Families not only provide better health but also serve the special needs of the handicapped. In particular, those who have opened their homes through adoption and foster care deserve special thanks for offering the gift of family life to our Nation's less fortunate children.

Today, amid new pressures and needs, America is relearning the importance of its families. For instance, success in the national fight against drug and alcohol abuse must begin with a strong and united family. We are newly aware that the family cannot be taken for granted, and that the support of a family can never truly be replicated.

In recognition of the importance of the family as an essential unit of our free and orderly society, the Congress, by Senate Joint Resolution 45, has authorized and requested the President to designate the week beginning on November 20, 1983, as "National Family Week."

Now, Therefore, I, Ronald Reagan, President of the United States of America, do hereby proclaim the week of November 20 through November 26, 1983, as National Family Week. I applaud the men and women who uphold our families in many ways, as parents, grandparents, as the daughters and sons of older Americans.

I invite the Governors of the several States, the chief officials of local governments and all our citizens to observe this week with appropriate ceremonies and activities. During a week in which we will also observe Thanksgiving Day, I especially invite all Americans to give thanks for the family relationships with which we have been blessed.

In Witness Whereof, I have hereunto set my hand this 4th day of November, in the year of our Lord nineteen hundred and eighty-three, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and eighth.

RONALD REAGAN










From 12/14/1972 ( I was Apollo 17 Challenger astronaut walking on the Earth's moon ) to 11/15/1984 ( Proclamation 5281—National Family Week, 1984 ) is: 4354 days

4354 = 2177 + 2177

From 3/4/1959 ( my birth date UK ) to 2/17/1965 ( I am active duty U.S. Navy SEAL ) is: 2177 days


http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=39429

Proclamation 5281—National Family Week, 1984

November 15th, 1984

By the President of the United States
of America

A Proclamation

Strong families are the foundation of society. Through them we pass on our traditions, rituals, and values. From them we receive the love, encouragement, and education needed to meet human challenges. Family life provides opportunities and time for the spiritual growth that fosters generosity of spirit and responsible citizenship.

Family experiences shape our response to the larger communities in which we live. The best American traditions echo family values that call on us to nurture and guide the young, to help enrich the lives of the handicapped, to assist less fortunate neighbors, and to cherish the elderly. Let us summon our individual and community resources to promote healthy families capable of carrying on these traditions and providing strength to our society.

National Family Week gives us a chance to honor families and to renew our commitment to the family strength that gives people the ability to withstand external influences and maintain their individual integrity. We should take this occasion to commend the loyalty family members show one another in facing the adversities as well as the joys of life together. And let us especially honor those Americans who, through adoption or foster care, have extended their families as centers of love and life to those in need of true family support.

The Congress, by Senate Joint Resolution 211, has designated the week of November 18 through November 24, 1984, as "National Family Week" and authorized and requested the President to issue a proclamation in observance of this week.

Now, Therefore, I, Ronald Reagan, President of the United States of America, do hereby proclaim the week of November 18 through November 24, 1984, as National Family Week. I invite the Governors of the several states, the chief officials of local governments, and all Americans to observe this week with appropriate ceremonies and activities. As we celebrate this Thanksgiving Week, I also invite all Americans to give thanks for the many blessings that they have derived from their family relationships and to reflect upon the importance of maintaining strong families.

In Witness Whereof, I have hereunto set my hand this fifteenth day of November, in the year of our Lord nineteen hundred and eighty-four, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and ninth.

RONALD REAGAN










From 7/21/1969 ( I am one of the Apollo 11 astronauts walking on the Earth's moon ) to 11/21/1986 ( Proclamation 5576—National Family Week, 1986 ) is: 6332 days

From 3/4/1959 ( my birth date UK ) to 7/4/1976 ( I successfully diverted the comet in the outer solar system ) is: 6332 days


http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=36753

Proclamation 5576—National Family Week, 1986

November 21st, 1986


By the President of the United States of America

A Proclamation

Family life and the life of freedom are interdependent. In the arena of the family, children learn the most important lessons they will ever receive about their inherent dignity as individuals. They learn as well about the social and religious traditions that unite generation to generation, and they begin to acquire the values for which their ancestors sacrificed so much for freedom.

The centrality of the family is acknowledged even by those forces that would weaken or destroy it. Totalitarian societies see in the family a natural enemy, a bulwark of basic loyalties and inherited ideals that places allegiance in relationships that precede the claims of the state. Corrosive influences such as illegal drugs and pornography seek to substitute for the permanent bonds of family life a transient and ultimately false sense of happiness and fulfillment. Against these forces the family can often seem helpless and ineffective, but experience shows that it is in being tested that the strength of the family finally reveals itself. After all, the family has been with us from the dawn of human history, and there is no reason to believe that it will not endure.

National Family Week affords all Americans the opportunity to frankly face and assess the quality of family life in our Nation and to reflect on what each of us can do as a father, daughter, mother, son, or grandparent—as a member of a family-to strengthen this divine institution. Better yet, let us undertake this reflection as families and as a family of free people. As Chesterton said, "The family is the test of freedom." Let us make this another test America refuses to fail.

The Congress, by Public Law 99-94, has authorized and requested the President to issue a proclamation in observance of "National Family Week."

Now, Therefore, I, Ronald Reagan, President of the United States of America, do hereby proclaim the week of November 23, 1986, as National Family Week. I invite the Governors of the several States, the chief officials of local governments, and all Americans to celebrate this week with appropriate ceremonies and activities. Taking note that this observance coincides with the celebration of Thanksgiving, I ask that all Americans give thanks to God on that day for the blessings of family life in our Nation and for His continued favor on our people.

In Witness Whereof, I have hereunto set my hand this twenty-first day of November, in the year of our Lord nineteen hundred and eighty-six, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and eleventh.

RONALD REAGAN










From 2/17/1965 ( I am active duty U.S. Navy SEAL ) to 7/4/1976 ( I successfully diverted the comet in the outer solar system ) is: 593 weeks, 4 days

From 7/4/1976 ( I successfully diverted the comet in the outer solar system ) to 11/19/1987 ( Proclamation 5747—National Family Week, 1987 ) is: 593 weeks, 4 days

'59-34' ( my birth date UK )


http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=33715&st=&st1=

Proclamation 5747—National Family Week, 1987

November 19th, 1987

The destiny of America is shaped not only by events within the councils of government, industry, and finance, but also by the hand of God and the life and the love in each and every home in our Nation. America's families are a tremendous source of strength and faith and freedom for our children and our country, and during National Family Week we recognize this truth and pay glad tribute to the families of our land.

The family is a source of well-being, a place to give and receive love and to learn and live our traditions and the virtues and the values of responsibility, selflessness and self-reliance, loyalty, mutual respect, fairness, and the power of faith. In families we also come to know our inherent dignity and worth as individuals and to enjoy the Godgiven rights that are the basis of freedom.

We must remember during National Family Week, and especially during the Bicentennial of the Constitution, that freedom, the family, and the individual have everything to do with each other. That is a truth that the Founders of our country knew well. The more the integrity of the family is fostered—the more social and public policy influences that weaken the family are eliminated—the stronger is freedom and the healthier is society. Let us forever remember this personally and as a people, for the good of our families and the good of our country.

The Congress, by Public Law 100-166, has authorized and requested the President to proclaim the week of November 22 through November 28, 1987, as "National Family Week."

Now, Therefore, I, Ronald Reagan, President of the United States of America, do hereby proclaim the week of November 22 through 28, 1987, as National Family Week. I invite the Governors of the several States, the chief officials of local governments, and all Americans to celebrate this week with appropriate ceremonies and activities.

In Witness Whereof, I have hereunto set my hand this nineteenth day of November, in the year of our Lord nineteen hundred and eighty-seven, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and twelfth.

RONALD REAGAN















































http://www.navy.mil/management/photodb/photos/080415-N-8273J-415.jpg

080415-N-8273J-415 PERSIAN GULF (Apr. 15, 2008) Saluting Sailors on the flight deck, Chief of Naval Operations (CNO) Adm. Gary Roughead departs the Nimitz-class aircraft carrier USS Harry S. Truman (CVN 75). Roughead is visiting Naval Forces Central Command area of responsibility to strengthen international maritime partnerships as part of the "Cooperative Strategy for 21st Century Seapower." U.S. Navy photo by Mass Communication Specialist 1st Class Tiffini M. Jones



http://www.navy.mil/view_photos_top.asp

080415-N-8273J-415










http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0713975/

Maureen Reagan
Date of Birth: 4 January 1941

Daughter of actors Ronald Reagan and Jane Wyman.





http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0697611/

Prince Philip
Date of Birth: 10 June 1921

Spouse
Queen Elizabeth II










From 6/10/1921 ( His Royal Highness Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh ) to 1/4/1941 ( Maureen Reagan ) is: 7148 days


From 5/1/1967 ( my first flight by myself as jet pilot ) to 11/25/1986 ( I was M.I.A. in Africa ) is: 7148 days



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0162222/quotes

Memorable quotes for

Cast Away (2000)



Stan: We buried you. There was a coffin, a gravestone... the whole thing.

Chuck Noland: I had a coffin?

[Stan nods]

Chuck Noland: Well what was in it?










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: ----- Original Message ----

From: Kerry Burgess
To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Wednesday, May 10, 2006 2:45:01 PM

Subject: Re: Finally


the worst time is seeing the plane flying over and waiting..........