Friday, December 29, 2023

Today is 12/29/2023





"The Changeling" (1967) [ Star Trek ]

SULU: Captain, shields just snapped on. Something heading in at multiwarp speeds.

KIRK: Evasive manoeuvres









IMDb

The Munsters

Munster Masquerade

Quotes

The Raven: [squawks] At the sound of the tone, the time is eight o' nine. Ne'ermore, ne'er more.

Eddie Munster: Why don't you pipe down?









Star Trek: Voyager "Caretaker" TV-series premiere, 1996

(from internet transcript

[Federation Penal Settlement, New Zealand]

(Inmates are busy constructing something. They all wear ankle-tags. One young man is up a piece of scaffolding using a laser-like device.)

JANEWAY: Tom Paris? Kathryn Janeway. I served with your father on the Al-Batani. I wonder if we could go somewhere and talk.

PARIS: About what?

JANEWAY: About a job we'd like you to do for us.

PARIS: I'm already doing a job for the Federation.

JANEWAY: I've been told the Rehab Commission is very pleased with your work. They've given me their approval to discuss this matter with you.

PARIS: Well then, I guess I'm yours.









Star Trek: The Next Generation - "Family" - tv series Season 4 Episode 2 - 10/01/1990

(from internet transcript)

ROBERT Picard: The gallant Captain out of control. Mind if I ask you a question? What the devil happened to you up there?

Jean-Luc PICARD: Is this brotherly concern?

ROBERT: No. Curiosity. What did they do to you?

PICARD: You know what happened.

ROBERT: Not precisely. I gather you were hurt. Humiliated. I always thought you needed a little humiliation. Or was it humility? Either would do.










2024-04-21_1









From 10/1/1990 ( premiere USA TV series episode "Star Trek: The Next Generation"::"Family" ) To 4/21/2024 ( IN THE FUTURE: ) is 12256 days

12256 = 6128 + 6128

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 8/13/1982 ( premiere USA film "Fast Times At Ridgemont High" ) is 6128 days









Star Trek - "Metamorphosis" - tv series Season 2 Episode 9 - 11/10/1967

(from internet transcript)

MCCOY: Jim, what about that war on Epsilon Canaris Three?

KIRK: Well, I'm sure the Federation can find another woman somewhere who'll stop that war.










s-l1200 .jpg, from internet









Star Trek: The Next Generation - "Family" - tv series Season 4 Episode 2 - 10/01/1990

(from internet transcript)

Jean-Luc PICARD: You don't know, Robert. You don't know. They took everything I was. They used me to kill and to destroy, and I couldn't stop them. I should have been able to stop them! I tried. I tried so hard, but I wasn't strong enough. I wasn't good enough. I should have been able to stop them. I should! I should!

ROBERT Picard: So, my brother is a human being after all. This is going to be with you a long time, Jean-Luc. A long time. You have to learn to live with it.









From 4/13/1967 ( premiere USA TV series episode "Star Trek"::"Operation - Annihilate!" ) To 4/21/2024 ( IN THE FUTURE: ) is 20828 days

20828 = 10414 + 10414

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 5/8/1994 ( premiere USA TV miniseries "Stephen King's The Stand"::miniseries premiere episode "The Plague" ) is 10414 days









"Operation: Annihilate!" [ Star Trek ]

Original Airdate: Apr 13, 1967

(from internet transcript)

MCCOY: Jim, did you know who that woman was?

KIRK: Yes. You were right a while back. My brother Sam lives on Deneva. He's a research biologist. That woman sounded like his wife Aurelan.

[Transporter room]

KIRK: Set your phasers on stun. We're going to beam directly into the capital city. Alert status. Mister Spock.

SPOCK: Lieutenant Uhura has had no further response to our signals. Sensors report the expected number of humans on the planet surface. However, they are strangely quiet. Very little activity.

KIRK: I'll want a complete transcript of everything that happens down there, Yeoman.

ZAHRA: Yes, sir.

KIRK: Let's go. Energise.

[Planet surface]

(Kirk, Spock, McCoy, Scott, the Yeoman and two security guards beam into an open area with grass, formal ponds and sculpture in front of a concrete and glass-fronted building.)

KIRK: There are almost a million inhabitants of Deneva. There's more than one hundred thousand in this city alone. Where is everyone?

SPOCK: They're here, Captain. In the buildings. Strangely quiescent.

KIRK: My brother's lab is over there. They signalled us once. There should be someone there. Let's find out what's happening.

SPOCK: Captain, several people approaching.

MEN: Go back! Get away! We don't want to hurt you! Go back! Get out of here. Go on, get away! Go away! Get out of here! We don't want to hurt you.









From 10/1/2017 ( premiere USA TV series "Extinct" ) To 4/21/2024 ( IN THE FUTURE: ) is 2394 days

2394 = 1197 + 1197

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 2/11/1969 ( ) is 1197 days










extinct-season1-ep4-2017_00h-35m-16s









Extinct (2017) s01e04

"Reunion"

(from internet transcript)

That's a really good impression.
I love playing with you, but I've got to find my friends, so I can't stay he- Who are you? I'm a nurse.
You were injured.
I gave you something for the pain.
Red Hawk, this is- Where's my radio? I already tried.
Red Hawk, Red Hawk, this is Viper 6.
Do you copy? Where are my men? There were four of us.
The others are in the corridor.
You're the only one that made it.









BYU TV

From Wikipedia

BYU TV (stylized as BYUtv) is a television channel, founded in 2000, which is owned and operated as a part of Brigham Young University (BYU).









by me, posted by me, Kerry Burgess: January 05, 2018 5:38 pm

Kerry Burgess updated his status.

"If God Let This Happen"

The most idiotic and superstitious words ever spoken by any of you monkeys - a.k.a. you idiotic Jesus Christ bible-thumpers and your fellow gullible chumps of all flavors of false hope religions - in the short span you have existed in the vast and deep history of this ancient rock we call Planet Earth.

Probably the only way the secret instigators of this production could get BYU television channel to present it, aptly programmed on Channel 232 on Comcast in my location.









by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: January 05, 2018 5:38 pm

Extinct

Channel 232 BYUTV

S1 Ep1 Pilot

5:00 - 6:00p [ 5:00 PM Friday 05 January 2018 Pacific Time USA ]

400 years after extinction, three humans are reborn on Earth under mysterious circumstances.









by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: January 19, 2018 8:53 pm

"Extinct"

No.

*You* were NOT dead.

Your previous copy *is* dead.

You're a copy who is now alive.









by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: January 6, 2020

RELEVANT to this line of thought, I have watched this morning the beginning of the 2003 "Riverworld".

Seen it before a few times and it is still just as lame as ever.

But it is relevant in regards to certain concepts.

Similar, is a neat little production "Extinct" from 2017









by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: January 6, 2020

I've described before notions about "Extinct" and how it seemed humorous it was, when I first saw it, on my tv Channel 232.

I'm certain those Jesus Christ bible-thumpers learned nothing from it.

As I've said before, a professor of theology is expert only in circular reasoning









by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: January 6, 2020

"Riverworld" and "Extinct"

Why those are relevant to my thoughts.

People, such as you, cowardly terrified of mortality, need some sort of childish fairy-tale "spirituality".

You're too cowardly to see the Universe with any other perception









by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: January 6, 2020

"Riverworld" is a very lame production but it explores some neat concepts.

Doesn't help any of us living now.

Those people are not the same people who died.

They're copies.

How many chemical molecules in your physical human brain would have to be copied to trick you









From 8/3/1998 ( "Rainbow Six" by Tom Clancy ) To 4/21/2024 ( IN THE FUTURE: ) is 9393 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 7/22/1991 ( premiere USA TV series episode "American Masters"::"A. Einstein: How I See the World" ) is 9393 days









"The Stand" (1994) tv-miniseries

(from internet transcript)

Dr. Dietz: Here's number one. The testing schedule we began earlier this week is going to resume, with your cooperation or without it. We got a hell of a mess on our hands here thanks to that imbecile, Campion. So I don't want you to get the idea you're a volunteer. You've been drafted.

Stu Redman: What about the folks I came in with?

Dr. Dietz: From Arnette? All dead. Which is why we can't afford--

Stu Redman: What did you do? What did you people do?









From 12/17/2020 ( premiere CBS adaption of Stephen King's "The Stand" ) To 4/21/2024 ( IN THE FUTURE: ) is 1221 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 3/7/1969 ( premiere USA TV series episode "Star Trek"::"The Savage Curtain" ) is 1221 days









"The Savage Curtain" [ Star Trek ]

Original Airdate: Mar 7, 1969

(from internet transcript)

SCOTT: It's a confrontation of some sort. Those are all figures out of history. Notoriously evil.









From 10/21/2022 ( premiere USA streaming-video serial Amazon Prime Video "The Peripheral" ) To 4/21/2024 ( IN THE FUTURE: ) is 548 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 5/4/1967 ( Lyndon Johnson, 36th President of USA: Special Message to the Congress Transmitting Reports on Incentive Awards to Military Personnel) is 548 days









by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: 12/27/2022 2:38 AM

What makes this seem compelling to me, a detail I've never seen that device commit before I first observed it on 12/26/2022, compelling because I had only hours earlier that same day, for the first time, read

"one spooky-ass Bible verse" in William Gibson's book, with other compelling observations reported here by me that calendar-day

I would like to think the savage human-race is ready for such intrique but I know you childish, superstitious shaved-ape-monkeys are not ready.



The Peripheral (The Jackpot Trilogy)

Chapter 79. The Jackpot

So now, in her day, he said, they were headed into androgenic, systemic, multiplex, seriously bad shit, like she sort of already knew, figured everybody did,



The Peripheral (The Jackpot Trilogy)

Chapter 79. The Jackpot

except for people who still said it wasn't happening, and those people were mostly expecting the Second Coming anyway.



The Peripheral (The Jackpot Trilogy)

Chapter 79. The Jackpot

So everything, however deeply fucked in general, was lit increasingly by the new, by things that made people blink and sit up, but then the rest of it would just go on, deeper into the ditch.



while Wilf told her it killed 80 percent of every last person alive, over about forty years.









The Peripheral (2022) s01e04

"Jackpot"

(from internet transcript)

We call it the Jackpot.
It wasn't one thing.
Or all at once.
It was everything together.
Building over time.
Even now, they're still arguing
about when it technically began.
It's started, though?
Already in my time?
Yes.









From 2/16/2020 ( premiere USA streaming video-serial Epix MGM+ "War of the Worlds" ) To 4/21/2024 ( IN THE FUTURE: ) is 1526 days

1526 = 763 + 763

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 12/5/1967 ( premiere USA TV series episode "The Invaders"::"The Believers" ) is 763 days









IMDb

The Invaders

The Believers

Quotes

Narrator: [Opening Narration] Finally, it has happened. A group of people have banded together - Believers who have seen, who know, what David Vincent knows: that alien beings have found their way here and that they must be destroyed. A group of Believers who, by their very nature, become the aliens' chief target for extinction.









IMDb

The Invaders

The Believers

Quotes

Narrator: [Epilog Narration] There are seven of them now - Believers aware of the presence of alien beings here, determined to destory them. Perhaps for us, it is the end of the beginning. Perhaps for the Invader, it is the beginning of the end.










war-of-the-worlds_season1-ep1-2020_00h-03m-55s
war-of-the-worlds_season1-ep1-2020_00h-04m-01s
war-of-the-worlds_season1-ep1-2020_00h-04m-06s
war-of-the-worlds_season1-ep1-2020_00h-04m-47s









From 9/24/1964 ( premiere USA TV series "The Munsters") To 3/14/2023 ( ) is 21355 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 4/21/2024 ( IN THE FUTURE: ) is 21355 days









https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2023

2023

From Wikipedia

14 March – OpenAI launches GPT-4, a large language model for ChatGPT, which can respond to images and can process up to 25,000 words.









From 2/24/2022 ( Putin sends his military into Ukraine and his generals to get killed ) To 4/21/2024 ( IN THE FUTURE: ) is 787 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 12/29/1967 ( premiere USA TV series episode "Star Trek"::"The Trouble with Tribbles" ) is 787 days



- by me, Kerry Wayne Burgess, posted by me: 08:08 AM Pacific-time USA Friday 12/29/2023