I am Kerry Burgess. This is what I think.
If this is the first blog-post by me you're reading then you are galactically uninformed.
This Is What I Think.
Friday, October 09, 2026
Today is 10/09/2026
https://www.yahoo.com/news/politics/articles/pentagon-pete-derails-navy-celebration-211829475.html
Yahoo! News
The Daily Beast
Pentagon Pete Derails Navy Celebration With Angry Meltdown
Sarah Ewall-Wice
Wed, October 7, 2026 at 2:18 PM PDT 3 min read
"There were a few folks in the media who tried to turn the USS Abraham Lincoln into some sort of symbol, a symbol of dysfunction or a symbol of low morale or a symbol of a failed mission," Hegseth complained. "And what I look at right here and when I talk to your leadership, and I have had a chance to talk to a number of you, I know it's the exact opposite."
But the former TV personality was not done whining about the press for reporting on the concerns that sailors' families had about the abysmal conditions and morale onboard as the deployment dragged on.
"They see success, and they see excellence, and they see difficulty and challenge that needs to be overcome, an extension, a challenging environment, and they want to point at it as a symbol of something that was missed or wrong," Hegseth ranted.
"Instead, what makes the U.S. military and the U.S. Navy and all these sailors different is that you adapt, and that you're resilient, and you overcome. You finish the mission nonetheless," Hegseth said. "Yes, it's hard."
original work by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts:
https://hvom.blogspot.com/2026/10/today-is-10082026.html
by me, Kerry Wayne Burgess, posted by me: 07:08 AM
Number 878: The Farthest Man From Home
I am Kerry Burgess. This is what I think.
If this is the first blog-post by me you're reading then you are galactically uninformed.
Thursday, October 08, 2026
Today is 10/08/2026
princess-in-chief Donald J. Trump
https://www.newsweek.com/after-trump-says-carrier-deployment-not-long-enough-mullen-warns-of-risks-12329235
Newsweek
After Trump Says Carrier Deployment Not Long Enough, Mullen Warns of Risks
Published August 16, 2026 at 04:33 PM EDT
After President Donald Trump faced some pushback when he dismissed concerns over the USS Abraham Lincoln’s record-setting deployment, former Joint Chiefs of Staff chair Admiral Mike Mullen warned on Sunday that prolonged time at sea poses serious risks to crew readiness and morale.
Trump told reporters Friday that the aircraft carrier’s more than eight months at sea was "not nearly long enough," pushing back against growing alarm from military families and lawmakers
From 4/9/1953 ( premiere USA TV series episode "The Ford Television Theatre"::"Just What the Doctor Ordered" ) To 3/15/2014 ( ) is 22255 days
From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 10/8/2026 ( Today , Thursday ) is 22255 days
From 6/27/2004 ( as me, Kerry Burgess, the amateur-competitor number 878, I successfully completed the Ironman Coeur d'Alene triathlon ) To 10/8/2026 ( ) is 8138 days
From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 2/13/1988 ( as me, Kerry Burgess, while enlisted paygrade E-5, designated Petty Officer Second Class Fire Controlman (FC2), with my personal participation and commendation my official enlisted United States Navy documents includes: Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal - 88Feb13 88Jun03, CF-division, Missile Plot - guided-missiles Fire Control Computer Complex (expert technician for all maintenance and operations, down to printed-circuit-board component level diagnosis and repair, UNIVAC digital-computers Mk152 Terrier System for, primarily, SM2-ER {Extended Range} Standard Missiles ordnance), USS Wainwright CG-28, United States Navy, Operation Earnest Will, Middle East Force, including Operation Praying Mantis ) is 8138 days
the-final-countdown-1980_01h-37m-59s - The Final Countdown (1980)
the-final-countdown-1980_01h-38m-01s - The Final Countdown (1980)
- by me, Kerry Wayne Burgess, posted by me: 10:43 AM Pacific-timezone USA Friday 10/09/2026

