This Is What I Think.

Thursday, October 08, 2026

Today is 10/08/2026





princess-in-chief Donald J. Trump



https://www.newsweek.com/after-trump-says-carrier-deployment-not-long-enough-mullen-warns-of-risks-12329235

Newsweek

After Trump Says Carrier Deployment Not Long Enough, Mullen Warns of Risks

Published August 16, 2026 at 04:33 PM EDT

After President Donald Trump faced some pushback when he dismissed concerns over the USS Abraham Lincoln’s record-setting deployment, former Joint Chiefs of Staff chair Admiral Mike Mullen warned on Sunday that prolonged time at sea poses serious risks to crew readiness and morale.

Trump told reporters Friday that the aircraft carrier’s more than eight months at sea was "not nearly long enough," pushing back against growing alarm from military families and lawmakers









From 4/9/1953 ( premiere USA TV series episode "The Ford Television Theatre"::"Just What the Doctor Ordered" ) To 3/15/2014 ( ) is 22255 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 10/8/2026 ( Today , Thursday ) is 22255 days









From 6/27/2004 ( as me, Kerry Burgess, the amateur-competitor number 878, I successfully completed the Ironman Coeur d'Alene triathlon ) To 10/8/2026 ( ) is 8138 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 2/13/1988 ( as me, Kerry Burgess, while enlisted paygrade E-5, designated Petty Officer Second Class Fire Controlman (FC2), with my personal participation and commendation my official enlisted United States Navy documents includes: Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal - 88Feb13 88Jun03, CF-division, Missile Plot - guided-missiles Fire Control Computer Complex (expert technician for all maintenance and operations, down to printed-circuit-board component level diagnosis and repair, UNIVAC digital-computers Mk152 Terrier System for, primarily, SM2-ER {Extended Range} Standard Missiles ordnance), USS Wainwright CG-28, United States Navy, Operation Earnest Will, Middle East Force, including Operation Praying Mantis ) is 8138 days









https://fox5sandiego.com/news/local-news/uss-abraham-lincoln-returns-to-san-diego/

USS Abraham Lincoln returns to US after record deployment

by: Rhea Caoile

Posted: Oct 8, 2026 / 05:00 AM PDT

SAN DIEGO (FOX 5/KUSI) — After spending about 10 months at sea, military service members on board USS Abraham Lincoln (CVN-72) are finally returning to the aircraft carrier’s homeport near San Diego on Thursday.

Serving as the flagship of Carrier Strike Group 3 during Operation Epic Fury, its 321-day deployment



https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrier_strike_group

Carrier strike group

From Wikipedia

A carrier strike group (CSG) is a type of carrier battle group of the United States Navy. It is an operational formation composed of roughly 7,500 personnel, usually an aircraft carrier, at least one cruiser, a destroyer squadron of at least two destroyers or frigates, and a carrier air wing of 65 to 70 aircraft. A carrier strike group, on occasion, also includes submarines, attached logistics ships and a supply ship.









from my private journal as Kerry Burgess: August 1, 2006

As I was riding the bus to the VA today, I remembered again, I think I thought of this late last night,

Since I thinking that actually occured to me, I wonder why I think sometimes about the drill going into my hand since the scars seem to support that it went through my hand, if that even happened at all. I told my doctor today that as the person I used to be, the memory is probably harder to relive than it was to actually live through. It's not really bothering me all that much but some times these things really give me a jolt. I would have gone insane if Microsoft had been successful in suddenly restoring all these memories back into my brain.



from my private journal as Kerry Burgess: 09/12/08 5:19 AM

I had some kind of dream about being on a bus but there only seemed to be one seat on the bus or something like that. That is confusing now that I think more about it after waking up. But that particular scene that I remember among many others I do not seemed to be heavy on aviation. There was dialog about a blue flight suit. There was dialog with air traffic controllers and there was some dialog about how the aircraft we were flying in was a bumblebee, although it was only referred to in the dream a a bee. After waking up, the flight suit reminds me of the Blue Angels flight suit



from my private journal as Kerry Burgess: 11/08/07 10:50 PM

I can't remember now all the details in the dream, but I had a very clear and detailed dream a few hours ago where I was wearing a NASA astronaut flight suit. I remember thinking about details of that flight suit. It was orange and I remember thinking that it was similar to a standard U.S. Navy flight suit but the astronaut flight suit had the metal collar on it for the pressurized helmet. There were other details I can't quite articulate now. I can still visualize myself wearing that flight suit and I was walking through the streets in a city but I don't recognize where I was. I can vaguely remember seeing some other people there. I don't recognize the city but it reminds me of walking through the streets of Seattle. There might be other details that I have forgotten.



posted by Kerry Burgess - H.V.O.M at 2:28 AM Wednesday, April 18, 2007

In another part of the dream, I was riding in the back of a metro bus. There were people on there I recognized from that past few years. I feel there is a lot to that part of the dream I cannot remember. One person indicated he heard I once had lipo-suction and I explained that I had actually had my memories suppressed. I think that detail about lipo-suction isn t about lipo-suction, rather it is just supposed to be a clue to remind me of a conversation I had with someone about 8 years ago and so I would remember that person even though I didn't see her in the dream. There was a lot to that part I cannot remember and I wish I could remember it all. One interesting part of the dream is that I would sometimes catch a reflection in the bus window glass that appeared to be a U.S. Navy pilot wearing a helmet and equipment as though he was sitting in the cockpit of an aircraft. I looked around to see where that reflection was coming from, but I never did see that person sitting there on the bus.









posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 05:28 AM Pacific Time somewhere near Seattle Washington USA Saturday 15 March 2014

You know what's confusing me? I thought about this for a couple minutes and my confusion must be from hallucinations. I would have sworn I wrote in my journal about the night I put the medals in her purse without her seeing me do it. Maybe I did write about it and now I can't find it again. I don't know. I can still visualize it. I think I am visualizing a series of thoughts from a few years ago, back in the year 2011. I keep seeing myself in Columbia in the year 1997 and I was recently promoted to lieutenant colonel and I was wearing the uniform of the United States Marine Corps and I still can visualize that line of thought of the last words I said to her when I put on my cover as I walked to the door and left and I went to Fort Jackson and I never came back.










kerry burgess ironman coeur dalene idaho 6-27-2004

From 9/11/2001 ( ) to 2/6/2004 ( as me, Kerry Burgess, my final day as full-time employee of Microsoft Corporation in Seattle beginning 12/07/1998 ) is 878 days









posted by Kerry Burgess - H.V.O.M ( my public blog Homeless Veteran of Microsoft ) at 12:23 PM - Monday, August 14, 2006

Scars

Lately I have also started to understand that scars on my body are not what I remember.

There is the scar on my hand that I used to think was from scraping it on concrete one night when I was drunk and could not drive so I had to go through a bad neighborhood while walking to my apartment 7 miles away from the bar I had been at. I have started thinking that the reality is that I was tortured as a POW and the scar is from someone using a power drill on my hand.

The scar on my right wrist isn't the burn I recieved from someone dropping hot apple pie on it when I was a kid in a day care center, rather...I'm not really sure what it is. I have been thinking it is a shrapnel wound from anti-aircraft artillery.

The big scar on my lower left leg is not the bug bite I remember. Rather it is a bullet wound that would seem to have remarkably missed by a fraction of an inch from shattering the bone. Just above that is a diagonal scar that looks like a knife scar. As soon as I thought of that, I remember a memory of someone injured where my mother worked and that the skin had been sliced down the bone of her shin and I remember thinking of how that must have hurt. I think that was actually a deflection mechanism to get me to forget that it was actually my shin that happened to and it was actually from me or someone else using a knife to cut out the bullet.

I don't know if it will be harder to relive those experiences again than it was to first experience them.









Posted by Kerry Burgess

MONDAY, NOVEMBER 13, 2017

Dawn of the Dead (2004)

That had happened in February 2004. There was a period of time between when I quit my job at Microsoft and the day my lease expired at my apartment in Redmond.

I went out for a regular bicycle exercise training for Ironman and the bicycle pedal, slick from rain, on my silver titanium Litespeed bicycle slipped out from under my cycling shoe cleat and instead of clipping onto my shoe the sharp edge of the clip made a long wide gash up the front of my lower leg. By the time I got back to my apartment after the 50 mile ride my sock was bloody from the blood dripping down to my foot. The scrape was visible for a long time. I can still now this day see the scar on my shin from that day in early February 2004.

I still now to this day remember that time as the last time I felt happy.



from the private journal of Kerry Burgess: 08/14/07 11:33 PM

Gambia is about 3000 miles from where I think I was at that time. It could have been like that guy who seemed to be examining the wound on my leg from my bicycle pedal. I rode my bicycle to CDA beach from Spokane Valley and a guy with a woman asked me to take their picture. I remember thinking I left my fingerprint on his camera and also that he seemed to be looking to see if my wound was infected.



from the private journal of Kerry Burgess: year 2006

There's a big scar on my right shin, but I remember that happening in those days after I quit Microsoft and the pedal on my bicycle flipped up and tore a huge gash in the flesh.










2006-08-14_1-1










DSC01054



- by me, Kerry Wayne Burgess, posted by me: 07:08 AM Pacific-timezone USA Thursday 10/08/2026