This Is What I Think.

Monday, September 12, 2011

Ashdown




Now I am confused about when we went to that big country and western night club in Texarkana when I was back in Ashdown Arkansas in August 1994 for my high school class reunion.

So let's see. The very first event was at the Fish Bowl restaurant near Lake Millwood outside of Ashdown.

What did we do after that? Did we go to that first bar in Texarkana? Maybe. I remember I was riding with Chad at some point and that must have been before we went to the big country and western bar. He commented about how good his cigarette was as we rode out of Ashdown and past the Wal Mart store turning left towards Texarkana.

But I just a few minutes ago started thinking that I was riding with him in his SUV and we had left the actual class reunion at the junior high school we went to and we went straight to that country and western nightclub. I don't know. That makes no sense. I followed that other former United States Navy sailor over there to that nightclub.

Maybe we went there twice and I do not now recall that detail.

There at the country and western nightclub is where the reserved table for Denzil was that one night.

We were also in that country and western nightclub where that former postal clerk of the United States Navy told me goodbye and that she was leaving because she was sick. I remember that because a few days later I had driven back to my apartment in Charlotte North Carolina and I was very sick by that point with influenza symptoms.










"Space: Above And Beyond" [ RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 ]

"Stay With The Dead"

3 December 1995

Episode 10 DVD video:


Dr. Kanellos: Hypervigilance, intrusive recollections. Intense psychological distress. These are all symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder. We needn't let him suffer like this, Colonel. There are procedures that we can do that can help -

US Marine Corps Lieutenant Colonel T.C. McQueen: Electroconvulsive therapy.

Dr. Kanellos: It's helped veterans of the A.I. Rebellion. Actually, it's recommended by the V.A.

US Marine Corps Lieutenant Colonel T.C. McQueen: Then something must be wrong with it.

Dr. Kanellos: A fiber-optic laser scalpel is inserted into the posterior commissure. Then a paraldehyde solution is very carefully administered -

US Marine Corps Lieutenant Colonel T.C. McQueen: You destroy his long-term memory.

Dr. Kanellos: But consider the alternative, Colonel. Deterioration - until his condition erupts into manic violence or suicide. I'd like to believe we've come a long ways since the 20th century.

US Marine Corps Lieutenant Colonel T.C. McQueen: Doctor. I've known men - friends - who've gone through this. They're never the same. They don't remember their own families.

Dr. Kanellos: It's like a gangrenous leg. We wish we didn't have to amputate but it's more important to save the patient.

US Marine Corps Lieutenant Colonel T.C. McQueen: He won't remember the 58th.

Dr. Kanellos: They're dead, Colonel. They're not going to hold it against him at the 10th reunion.