This Is What I Think.

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Asheville




1994 film "Star Trek Generations" DVD video:

00:59:36


Dr. Soran: Welcome, Captain. You must think me a madman.

Starfleet Captain Jean-Luc Picard: The thought had crossed my mind.

Dr. Soran: I know why you're here. You're not entirely confident you can shoot down my probe. So you've come to dissuade me from my horrific plan. Good luck. Now, if you'll excuse me, Captain, I'm rather busy.

Starfleet Captain Jean-Luc Picard: Soran! Ahhh! [ falls down to the ground ]

Dr. Soran: Do be careful, Captain. That's a fifty gigawatt force field. I wouldn't want to see you get hurt.










1994 film "Star Trek Generations" DVD video:

01:04:12


Starfleet Captain Jean-Luc Picard: You don't have to do this, Soran. I'm sure we can find another way of getting you into this Nexus.

Dr. Soran: I've spent eighty years looking for another way. Believe me, this is the only one.

Starfleet Captain Jean-Luc Picard: What you're about to do, Soran, is no different from when the Borg destroyed your world. They killed millions too. Including your wife - your children.

Dr. Soran: Nice try. You know, there was a time when I wouldn't hurt a fly.










http://www.britannica.com/facts/10/40957345/June-13-1940-Paris-is-declared-an-open

Encyclopædia Britannica


Look back at the Britannica Calendar of Events to find out what happened in the year 1940:

June 13, 1940 - Paris is declared an open city in order to prevent its destruction by the Germans. (source: The Britannica Archive)