This Is What I Think.

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Time travel




What I have to think about is whether I should tell people what I know when I start traveling backwards in time or whether I should not say anything about what I know about the future.

One notion I have thought about extensively is that if I tell people in 1932, for instance, about World War 2 then perhaps I *cause* World War 2 to happen because I relayed future information to people who do not know about the future. That is the basis for my counter-paradox theory. The counter-paradox causes World War 2 to happen because if it did not happen then how I would know about it.

The contradiction to that notion is that maybe I should tell people what I know because that gives them a fair chance to survive. They get the chance to change their ways and be a good person for once in their lives.

Along with those two notions I think about the nature of my travel backwards through time. I will not see the future so I won't know if I actually changed anything. For all I know, when I leave the time period in the year 1932, for example, and I travel backwards in time to an earlier time period, the World War 2 might not even happen in the future relative to that year 1932.