Monday, October 16, 2023

Today is 10/16/2023, Post #4





by me, Kerry Burgess, 10/16/2023

I was glad to see this listed on Amazon Prime

Nicolas Cage is great in roles such as this

And he doesn't disappoint here as Count Dracula

Today - this day 10/16/2023 - is when I decided to watch it for the first time









IMDb

Renfield (2023)

Quotes

Mark: Hi! You here for the meeting? Well, come on down!

Renfield: No! NO!

[a man dressed in all black with a cane and top hat enters the room]

Dracula: Some call me the Dark One. Others, the Lord of Death. To most, I am... Dracula!

Mark: Okay, obviously we dealing with a little bit more than narcissism here.









IMDb

Renfield (2023)

Quotes

Dracula: I want happy couples, unsuspecting tourists, a handful of nuns, a... a busload of cheerleaders.

Renfield: A busload of cheerleaders?

Dracula: A busload of cheerleaders will get me back to full power like that.

[snaps fingers]

Renfield: Do you mean female cheerleaders?

Dracula: Don't make it a sexual thing!

Renfield: No, no. I did not say it was.

Dracula: You know it's not the gender I'm concerned with. I eat boys, I eat girls. It's the purity!









IMDb

Renfield (2023)

Quotes

Carol: How is my life? My life is like a never-ending hallway of funhouse mirrors, but all the clowns are me.









IMDb

Renfield (2023)

Quotes

Dracula: There are some experiences worse than death, Renfield. Such as spending the remaining years of your miserable life knowing all the depravity you've witnessed in the last century will be nothing compared to the the suffering I'm going to unleash on this world. The world you chose over mine. When I'm finished, the entire human race, everyone you cared about, will suffer. Because you betrayed me.









From 2/14/1977 ( from Princeton Weekly Bulletin publication, Princeton University: New Book By Jaynes On Origin Of Consciousness Is Sure To Spark Controversy ) To 10/16/2023 ( Today , Monday ) is 17045 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 7/3/2012 ( ) is 17045 days










2023-10-16_3









Renfield (2023)

Renfield: I thought going to Europe to make some big deal with a Count would give us the life we deserved. Or, um, what I thought I deserved.









From 9/5/2017 ( premiere USA "It" ) To 10/16/2023 ( ) is 2232 days

2232 = 1116 + 1116

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 11/22/1968 ( premiere USA TV series episode "Star Trek"::"Plato's Stepchildren" ) is 1116 days









IMDb

It (2017)

Quotes

Pennywise: I bet I can cheer him up! I'll give him a balloon. Do you want a balloon too, Georgie?

Georgie: I'm not supposed to take stuff from strangers.

Pennywise: Oh! Well, I'm Pennywise, the dancing clown. "Pennywise?". "Yes?", "Meet Georgie". "Georgie, meet Pennywise".

[Georgie laughs]

Pennywise: Now we aren't strangers. Are we?

Georgie: What are you doing in the sewer?









"The Origin of Consciousness in the Breakdown of the Bicameral Mind"

by Julian Jaynes, author

Chapter 1

Even in the conscious period there was the tradition that gods were men of a previous age who had died. Hesiod speaks of a golden race of men who preceded his own generation and became the "holy demons upon the earth, beneficent, averters of ills, guardians of mortal men." Similar references can be found up to four centuries later, as when Plato refers to heroes who after death become the demons that tell people what to do.









https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demon

Demon

From Wikipedia

The original Ancient Greek word daimōn did not carry negative connotations, as it denotes a spirit or divine power. The Greek conception of a daimōn notably appears in the philosophical works of Plato, where it describes the divine inspiration of Socrates.









Renfield (2023)

Renfield: You know, that's His greatest power. He looks into your eyes and finds what you think you need to make your life whole. Your dreams and your desires and your... greed. Your shame.









From 7/26/2023 ( the UFO Congress hearing ) To 10/16/2023 ( ) is 82 days

82 = 41 + 41

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 12/13/1965 ( premiere USA film "A Thousand Clowns" ) is 41 days









IMDb

Renfield (2023)

Quotes

Mark: And thank you for bringing us back from the other side! Having seen things we can't unsee. And knowing things we can't unknow. Good session, everyone!









IMDb

Renfield (2023)

Quotes

Renfield: My name is Robert Montague Renfield and I am a co-dependent but I no longer feel like a victim.









"The Origin of Consciousness in the Breakdown of the Bicameral Mind"

by Julian Jaynes, author

Chapter 3

The Failure of the Gods

This loosening of the god-man partnership perhaps by trade and certainly by writing was the background of what happened. But the immediate and precipitate cause of the breakdown of the bicameral mind, of the wedge of consciousness between god and man, between hallucinated voice and automaton action, was that in the social chaos the gods could not tell you what to do.



- by me, Kerry Wayne Burgess, posted by me: 9:01 PM Pacific-time USA Monday 10/16/2023