Saturday, October 21, 2023

Today is 10/21/2023





by me, Kerry Burgess, 10/21/2023

Mentioned before that I would probably get around someday to binge-watch over a few days the new season of the Appletv serial "Invasion"

Thought about it several times before, then decided today - this calendar-day 10/21/2023 - to begin watching it. The final episode of season 2 streams next Wednesday, the 25th.

Then I started looking around, paused it now in the first few minutes of the first episode because of the scene with the helicopter and Mitsuki, the relevance not obvious here from an earlier post I made here recently.

So I started looking about and the first idea was because of some notes I made to myself earlier in the day today, because of an article I read that is dated today.

That day 02/18/2013 was the conclusion of the first real break I ever took from my blog. And it was killing me to not post anything. I had stopped on August 20, 2012. Then that day 02/18/2013 was the day I resumed posting.

I intend to watch at least that entire first episode and make updates to my notes for the blog-post I will make about it and maybe post after watching the entire episode.

That one scene led me all the way contiguously in the list below to that reference to the 1945 title. After that I resumed the episode. The entire post is not a contiguous stream of my cognition but the list is

She made me think of Evelyn, of course, but I'm not using it. But then I did. Just can't pass it up. I guess maybe it is really true love, I am thinking now, which wasn't necessarily honest when I first said it about her









Invasion

"Something's Changed"

Appletv streaming-video serial season 2 episode 1, 08/23/2023 (first watched by me, 10/21/2023 7:00 PM)

(subtitles)

Mitsuki Yamato: There are people here in trouble.










2013-02-18_1









From 7/4/1976 ( at extreme personal risk to himself my biological brother Thomas Reagan the civilian and privately financed astronaut in his privately financed atom-pulse propulsion spaceship successfully intercepts the Comet "Lucifer" - threatening extinction by death and destruction of all life on this planet Earth - in the outer solar system and diverts it away from planet Earth ) To 10/21/2023 ( Today , Saturday ) is 17275 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 2/18/2013 ( by me, Kerry Burgess ) is 17275 days



From 7/10/1946 ( premiere USA film "Centennial Summer" ) To 6/27/2004 ( as me, Kerry Burgess, the amateur-competitor number 878, I successfully completed the Ironman Coeur d'Alene triathlon ) is 21172 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 10/21/2023 ( ) is 21172 days



From 2/24/1947 ( Edward James Olmos ) To 10/21/2023 ( ) is 27998 days

27998 = 13999 + 13999

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 3/1/2004 ( for me personally as Kerry Burgess: after abandoning my full-time employment at Microsoft Corporation, my lease expires at my Redmond apartment and I travel to and arrive at Spokane Valley for the Crossland ) is 13999 days



From 9/17/1978 ( premiere USA TV series "Battlestar Galactica"::series premiere episode "Saga of a Star World" ) To 10/21/2023 ( ) is 16470 days

16470 = 8235 + 8235

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 5/20/1988 ( Ronald Reagan, 40th President of USA: Statement on Signing the Radiation-Exposed Veterans Compensation Act of 1988 ) is 8235 days



From 12/8/2003 ( premiere USA TV miniseries "Battlestar Galactica" ) To 10/21/2023 ( ) is 7257 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 9/15/1985 ( premiere USA TV "Death of a Salesman" ) is 7257 days



From 12/20/1945 ( premiere USA film "They Were Expendable" ) To 12/8/2003 ( premiere USA TV miniseries "Battlestar Galactica" ) is 21172 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 10/21/2023 ( ) is 21172 days



From 10/11/2010 ( by me, Kerry Burgess, previously referenced ) To 10/21/2023 ( ) is 4758 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 11/12/1978 ( premiere USA TV series episode "Battlestar Galactica"::"The Magnificent Warriors" ) is 4758 days









Invasion

"Something's Changed"

Appletv streaming-video serial season 2 episode 1, 08/23/2023 (first watched by me, 10/21/2023 7:00 PM)

Mitsuki Yamato: The last time I worked with the military, they lied to me. They used me.










r-l-s-d .jpg









Invasion

"Something's Changed"

Appletv streaming-video serial season 2 episode 1, 08/23/2023 (first watched by me, 10/21/2023 7:00 PM)

Mitsuki Yamato: What sort of damage?

Maya: I don't know yet. He hasn't regained consciousness.









From 7/19/1989 ( the United Airlines Flight 232 crash in Sioux City Iowa and from the thoughts in my conscious mind, coinciding with United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric doctor medical drugs: the end of Kerry Burgess - *me* - the natural human being cloned from another human being {Thomas Reagan} ) To 10/21/2023 ( Today , Saturday ) is 12512 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 2/4/2000 ( premiere USA TV series episode "Stargate SG-1"::"A Hundred Days" ) is 12512 days









Stargate SG-1

"A Hundred Days"

TV-series season 3 episode 17, 02/04/2000

(from internet transcript)

LAIRA
Why did you stay?

HAYNAN
On the third day we could take no more. We fled to the stone ring…where it used to be.

O'NEILL
Used to be?

EXT—STARGATE CLEARING, EDORA, (DAY)

[O'Neill runs to the clearing, but there is nothing but a crater where the Stargate used to stand. Laira comes over to him.]

LAIRA
It's gone. I'll never see my people again. They can never come home.

O'NEILL
Nope.

LAIRA
And you.

[He walks away from her and kicks at the rubble.]










battlestar-galactica-2003_00h-07m-32s
battlestar-galactica-2003_00h41m06s
battlestar-galactica-2003_01h37m10s
battlestar-galactica-2003_02h09m52s
battlestar-galactica-2003_02h09m55s
battlestar-galactica-2003_01h05m17s
battlestar-galactica_season1-ep2-1978_00h-22m-24s
battlestar-galactica_season1-ep2-1978_00h-22m-27s










2017_Nk20_DSCN1815 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess
2017_Nk20_DSCN1811 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess
_DSC02266 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess
_DSC02388 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess
DSCN7736 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess
DSCN7735 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess
DSC02688 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess









from my private journal, as me, Kerry Burgess, typed after being released from the USA Veterans Affairs psychiatric hospital enduring many months sitting in a grungy two-computer room in a homeless shelter on the waterfront in downtown Seattle:

by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my private journals: 10/19/2006 12:43 PM

I feel as though there are more details trying to surface in my mind about the trip to Saturn. I think the basis of the event is based on some thoughts I was having a few months ago. It was when I was still thinking Mars was in my future instead of actually in my past. I was having thoughts of a problem with my spacecraft and I was not going to make it back to Earth because I was going to run out of oxygen sometime between the time I left Mars to return to Earth. I was thinking that the situation was so hopeless by the time I got to Mars that ground control and I weren't even talking that much anymore.









by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my private journals: 10/19/2006 12:43 PM

My thoughts suggest that some micro-meteroids hit my ship

while I was outbound to intercept the comet that threatened the inner planets.

I lost a lot of oxygen before I got it fixed. Ground control told me to turn around and they had an alternate plan to try again. I rejected that plan because I was already out there and with that comet getting closer every day, there was no guarantee that a second attempt would fare any better. I might have told them that I was lucky to even have any oxygen left at that point and what if on the second trip, something even worse happens.

They brought in my family, to say goodbye and even to try to talk me into returning but I wasn't coming back. I have thoughts that I even disabled the electronics that would allow ground control to automatically control the ship.









Space: Above and Beyond

"Choice or Chance - Part 2"

TV-series episode 9 season 1, 11/26/1995

US Marine Corps lieutenant colonel T.C. McQueen: Not enough power left to transmit.

US Marine Corps first lieutenant Cooper Hawkes: I'll bet they heard it.

McQueen: Not even an A.I. would take that bet, Cooper.

Cooper Hawkes: We got to find the others.

McQueen: A.I.'s are networked through their modems. So when you re-initialize them, they give up their home location. Near the end of the A.I. War I was a P.O.W.

Cooper Hawkes: They do, uh, stuff to you?

McQueen: It's frightening how much pain an InVitro - a human body can stand. You'd like to believe the body would break before the will. I held out three days. Then - once when they were - doing stuff to me - I heard screaming. Sounded far off, down the hall. I remember thinking "That poor bastard. What must he be going through?" Then when I came to I realized the screams had come from me.









by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my private journals: 10/19/2006 2:17 PM

It most probably had already made an orbit around the Sun at least once if that was the one I hit back in 1976. And as I was reading the article, I suddenly had a thought flash into my mind that the objective was to get out to it as fast as possible so that it was still far away. The farther away it was, the least effort would be needed to deflect.









by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my private journals: 10/19/2006 2:51 PM

I may have hit it in 1976 just at a point, I can;t remember the proper term, that it was at equilibrium. That is the point I imagine where it slows down almost to a dead stop, if it was on that kind of trajectory and not an elongated orbit, before it turned around and started heading back into the inner solar system. The advantage of hitting that point is that it would be easy to catch up to for a landing. But just as I wrote that, I decided that wasn't it. It is something else, although maybe part of this paragraph is correct. I think the part about it being at its furthest point in the outer solar system, probably because it was influenced by passing one of the outer planets and that set it up to return to the inner planets and hit one of them and I have started thinking more that it was on its way to Earth.









https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inertia

Inertia

From Wikipedia

Inertia is the resistance of any physical object to a change in its velocity. This includes changes to the object's speed, or direction of motion. An aspect of this property is the tendency of objects to keep moving in a straight line at a constant speed when no forces act upon them.









https://www.yahoo.com/news/real-science-behind-mysterious-devil-172900432.html

Yahoo! News

The real science behind the mysterious 'Devil Comet' that's larger than Mount Everest and erupting for reasons scientists don't fully understand

Jessica Orwig,Charles R. Davis

Sat, October 21, 2023 at 10:29 AM PDT

The 12P/Pons-Brooks comet is passing by Earth for the first time in the 21st century.

It is larger than typical comets and has been dubbed the "Devil Comet" for appearing to have horns.

"We know it's big. We know it's an outlier. We know it's rare," a researcher told Insider.

The so-called "Devil Comet" is barreling past Earth and exploding on its way around the sun, but a researcher who studies such phenomenon told Insider that while the comet is large and unusual, its menacing name — a reference to the appearance of horns — does not mean it poses any threat to the third planet from the sun.

Known to scientists as 12P/Pons-Brooks, the comet last made an appearance in Earth's skies more than 70 years ago. Judging by its brightness, astronomers have estimated that the solid part of the comet, or its nucleus, is about 12.4 miles across — roughly twice the size of Mount Everest.

Typically, comets are between 0.6 and 1.8 miles wide, according to Teddy Kareta, a postdoctoral researcher at Lowell Observatory in Flagstaff, Arizona.

"We know it's big. We know it's an outlier. We know it's rare," Kareta told Insider.

We also know it is likely to be most visible next spring, but not because it's barreling toward Earth in another extinction-level event. In fact, Kareta said, at its closest the comet will still be about one-and-half astronomical units away, or put another away: even further from Earth than the sun.

"It might be bright enough that you can see with your naked eye or with binoculars, but that's not because it's going to be super close," Kareta said. "It's because it's just generally very bright."

Indeed, the comet is both bright and highly unusual. Its "horns" are actually tails of gas and dust formed by an odd series of explosive outbursts that scientists still do not understand. Two such outbursts have been witnessed this year: first in July, then earlier this month.

An "outburst," according to Kareta, is "where comets suddenly get much more active," throwing off tons of gas and dust in a short period of time. When this happens, "the comet brightens really rapidly and then sort of fades back to the brightness it had before," he said. "And in Pons-Brooks, these are really, really bright — really, really large outbursts. And this is what makes this comet so interesting to scientists."

These outbursts have been particularly interesting due to their frequency and where they occurred. One theory is that comets contain forms of ice that, when exposed for the first time to heat from the sun, cause volatile explosions. But those explosions have typically been observed closer to the sun, and not often. According to Kareta, "it might happen twice in five years."

The Pons-Brooks comet, by contrast, is exploding relatively often and, confoundingly, far away from the sun. Right now, it's further off than Mars, Kareta noted, where "it's just not that warm." That raises the question: "Where's the energy coming from that powers these kinds of large outbursts? And the fact that it can apparently do so many, so often?"

The comet is expected to reach peak brightness in mid-April 2024 as it continues on its 71.2-year journey around the sun. Astronomers, professional or otherwise, are looking forward to it.

"I think a lot of people are really excited about it," Kareta said.









https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perseids

Perseids

From Wikipedia

The Perseids are a prolific meteor shower associated with the comet Swift–Tuttle. The meteors are called the Perseids because they appear from the general direction of the constellation Perseus

The stream of debris is called the Perseid cloud and stretches along the orbit of the comet Swift–Tuttle. The cloud consists of particles ejected by the comet as it travels on its 133-year orbit. Most of the particles have been part of the cloud for around a thousand years. However, there is also a relatively young filament of dust in the stream that was pulled off the comet in 1865, which can give an early mini-peak the day before the maximum shower. The dimensions of the cloud in the vicinity of the Earth are estimated to be approximately 0.1 astronomical units (AU) across and 0.8 AU along the Earth's orbit, spread out by annual interactions with the Earth's gravity.

The shower is visible from mid-July each year

In 1866, after the perihelion passage of Swift-Tuttle in 1862, the Italian astronomer Giovanni Virginio Schiaparelli discovered the link between meteor showers and comets.









https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meteor_shower

Meteor shower

From Wikipedia

A meteor shower is a celestial event in which a number of meteors are observed to radiate, or originate, from one point in the night sky. These meteors are caused by streams of cosmic debris called meteoroids entering Earth's atmosphere at extremely high speeds on parallel trajectories. Most meteors are smaller than a grain of sand, so almost all of them disintegrate and never hit the Earth's surface. Very intense or unusual meteor showers are known as meteor outbursts and meteor storms, which produce at least 1,000 meteors an hour, most notably from the Leonids. The Meteor Data Centre lists over 900 suspected meteor showers of which about 100 are well established.

Origin of meteoroid streams

A meteor shower results from an interaction between a planet, such as Earth, and streams of debris from a comet.









https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radioactive_contamination

Radioactive contamination

From Wikipedia

Radioactive contamination, also called radiological pollution, is the deposition of, or presence of radioactive substances on surfaces or within solids, liquids, or gases









https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_fallout

Nuclear fallout

From Wikipedia

Nuclear fallout is the residual radioactive material propelled into the upper atmosphere following a nuclear blast, so called because it "falls out" of the sky after the explosion and the shock wave has passed. It commonly refers to the radioactive dust and ash created when a nuclear weapon explodes. The amount and spread of fallout is a product of the size of the weapon and the altitude at which it is detonated. Fallout may get entrained with the products of a pyrocumulus cloud and fall as black rain (rain darkened by soot and other particulates, which fell within 30–40 minutes of the atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki). This radioactive dust, usually consisting of fission products mixed with bystanding atoms that are neutron-activated by exposure, is a form of radioactive contamination.









https://www.space.com/orionid-meteor-shower-peak-2023-good-year

The Orionid meteor shower peaks this weekend. Here's how to see it

By Joe Rao published 1 day ago

This year the Orionids are scheduled to reach their maximum before sunrise on Sunday morning (Oct. 22nd)

During these next several days, if you happen to be outside prior to the break of dawn and are looking up and glimpse a "shooting star," there's a good chance that what you saw was a fragment left behind in space by the famous Halley's Comet. For it is during the third week of October that the meteor display spawned by the debris shed by Halley reaches its peak: the Orionid meteor shower.









from my private journal, as me, Kerry Burgess, typed after being released from the USA Veterans Affairs psychiatric hospital enduring many months sitting in a grungy two-computer room in a homeless shelter on the waterfront in downtown Seattle:

From: Kerry Burgess {me}

Sent: Sunday, May 21, 2006 11:04 AM

To: Kerry Burgess {me}

Subject: Re: Journal May 21, 2006

Kerry Burgess wrote:

I think it was my first thought after waking up this morning that I used to date Julia Roberts a long time ago.

I also have these unexplained thoughts that I was a fighter pilot in the U.S. military, although I'm not sure which service, but I may have been in two different branches over time. I am also confused about thoughts that I may have been a helicopter pilot. What's next? A space shuttle pilot? Seems like a lot for someone that is only 40. And, while I am not sure when this divergence happened, I am reasonably certain it was before I turned 33. So I must have been a pretty busy guy. Especially because I have thoughts that I was some kind of mathmetician too. I have these thoughts too that I was captured by enemy forces at some point and tortured while in captivity.



by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my private journal: 9/26/2006 3:06 PM

As I was trying to go to sleep last night, I had a thought that I have a doctorate in computer science from Princeton.

and I had thoughts that I studied music as well at Princeton.



from my private journal, as me, Kerry Burgess, typed after being released from the USA Veterans Affairs psychiatric hospital enduring many months sitting in a grungy two-computer room in a homeless shelter on the waterfront in downtown Seattle:

by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my private journals: 9/28/2006 7:13 PM

This sounds very interesting. In my memory of taking Physics my Senior year at Ashdown, I remember being very interested in the class, but we didn’t cover such an interesting topic.

http://www.princeton.edu/main/about/present/

Ayan Chatterjee (left) and Mark Daly measure piano strings as part of a lab project for professor Pierre Piroué's freshman seminar on "Sound, Music and ... Physics."

9/28/2006 7:37 PM

I think I even have memories of the graduate degree process. I am not sure of the terms to describe the process.

9/28/2006 7:47 PM

I actually do remember... something... I can’t explain it. It feels that I am holding an unmarked, undistinguishable book that I don’t know the name of or the contents but I know I have read it already.

9/28/2006 8:34 PM

A few minutes ago I started thinking that maybe I started at Princeton University in 1972. I would have been 13 at the time as Thomas Ray. I remember that Kerry Burgess started first grade in 1972. But then I decided that I probably started Princeton earlier than 1972 and maybe 1972 was the year I completed my first major degree. Or 1972 doesn’t really mean anything in particular to Thomas Ray; rather it is there for continuity sake for the life of Kerry Burgess.



Posted by me, Kerry Burgess - H.V.O.M at 3:06 AM Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Salesman

Also, "Salesman." I saw that in a dream while sleeping recently. I saw myself going through an induction process in the United States Marine Corps and I woke up understanding that I was dreaming of my actual experience in 1990. I saw a document that indicated I was being inducted to the United States Marine Corps with the officer grade of Chief Warrant Officer 2. I saw in the dream another document associated with my induction and that document indicated I had been assigned the informal name "Salesman."









From 11/21/1905 ( "Does the Inertia of a Body Depend Upon Its Energy-Content?" by Albert Einstein is published by Annalen der Physik ) To 6/8/1993 ( commencement, Princeton University Class of 1993 ) is 31976 days

31976 = 15988 + 15988

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 8/11/2009 ( ) is 15988 days



From 1/21/1976 ( preceeding his strike to divert the Comet "Lucifer", threatening all life on this planet Earth with death and extinction, my biological brother Thomas Reagan the civilian and privately financed astronaut bound for deep space in his privately financed atom-pulse propulsion spaceship this day was his first landing the planet Mars and his documented and lawful exclusive claim to the territory of the planet Mars ) To 8/11/2009 ( ) is 12256 days

12256 = 6128 + 6128

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 8/13/1982 ( premiere US film "Fast Times At Ridgemont High" ) is 6128 days



From 3/8/1988 ( as me, Kerry Burgess, while enlisted paygrade E-5, designated Petty Officer Second Class Fire Controlman (FC2), my official enlisted US Navy documents includes: Terrier MK 152 guided-missiles Fire Control Computers Complex Operator (UNIVAC digital-computers Mk152 Terrier System for, primarily, SM2-ER {Extended Range} Standard Missiles ordnance) - CF-division, Missile Plot, USS Wainwright CG-28, US Navy, following my graduation Naval Missiles School, Dam Neck, Virginia ) To 8/11/2009 ( ) is 7826 days

7826 = 3913 + 3913

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 7/20/1976 ( the USA NASA crewless Viking 1 Mars landing ) is 3913 days



From 3/8/1988 ( see above ) To 8/11/2009 ( ) is 7826 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 4/7/1987 ( premiere US TV series episode "Nova"::"Rocky Road to Jupiter" ) is 7826 days



From 2/17/1933 ( USA Senate accepts the Blaine Act, ending prohibition ) To 11/26/1976 ( my biological brother Thomas Reagan the civilian and privately financed astronaut in solar system deep space in his privately financed atom-pulse propulsion spaceship this day makes his first landing the Jupiter moon Callisto ) is 15988 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 8/11/2009 ( ) is 15988 days



from my private journal, as me, Kerry Burgess, typed after being released from the USA Veterans Affairs psychiatric hospital enduring many months sitting in a grungy two-computer room in a homeless shelter on the waterfront in downtown Seattle:

by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my private journal: 08/11/09 12:42 PM

You see, that collection of super-intelligence that finds me so interesting are also fascinated over how the human obsession with wearing clothing can have such a profound effect on humans and how it causes humans to act so stupidly. I, for one, feel that I must wear clothing but that collection of super-intelligence do not have any history with garments so that is a foreign concept to them.









from my private journal, as me, Kerry Burgess, typed after being released from the USA Veterans Affairs psychiatric hospital enduring many months sitting in a grungy two-computer room in a homeless shelter on the waterfront in downtown Seattle:

by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my private journals: 02/25/10 3:33 PM

but other times I think he was organic and then that leads me to thinking about how I wonder what is the real difference which then leads me to think about how that devalues life itself, or at least, those of us who have been duplicated. So the clone of me the clone shows up and he gives me instructions that he types out on a non-internet and non-wireless equipped computer and from those instructions I know where to find the teleportation device that will transport me into the virtual world that belongs to me, which I have been thinking for a while, contains no mirrors and there is nothing in there where I can see my reflection. So I go to that transportation device and I read through the instructions for activating it and a new aspect of the process, which I now think of from "The Terminator" is that I have to take off all my clothes before I am transported and then I am transported to my virtual world. The reason for the clothes is simply that, for me, there are factors constructed into the virtual world that creates a minor sense of hardship and indeed when I transport I am in the same location where the device is stored but there are no clothes there, or any people for that matter, and I have to walk outside in the freezing rain to find shelter. I am transported to the same location I remember but many of the buildings and structures that I would see at that location are gone in the virtual world. The road is still there but there are power lines or gas stations or many other structures that are useless in that virtual world. There are automobiles but only in new car lots and they don't require gasoline.









From 10/19/1954 ( premiere USA TV series "The Halls of Ivy" ) To 5/21/2006 ( by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my private journals: Re: Journal May 21, 2006 ) is 18842 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 6/4/2017 ( ) is 18842 days



From 2/25/2010 ( by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my private journals ) To 6/4/2017 ( ) is 2656 days

2656 = 1328 + 1328

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 6/22/1969 ( Judy Garland dead from drug overdose ) is 1328 days



From 11/4/1986 ( as me, Kerry Burgess, my official enlisted US Navy documents includes: Date Completed - US Navy Fire Control Technician Class "A", Service School Command, Naval Training Center, Great Lakes, Illinois, - leading to permanent assignment until 1990 to CF-division, Missile Plot - guided-missiles Fire Control Computer Complex (UNIVAC digital-computers Mk152 Terrier System for, primarily, SM2-ER {Extended Range} Standard Missiles ordnance), USS Wainwright CG-28, US Navy, while enlisted paygrade E-5, designated Petty Officer Second Class Fire Controlman (FC2) ) To 6/4/2017 ( ) is 11170 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 6/2/1996 ( premiere USA TV series episode "Space: Above And Beyond"::series finale episode "...Tell Our Moms We Done Our Best" ) is 11170 days



https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5338044/?ref_=ttep_ep8

IMDb

The Leftovers

The Book of Nora

Episode aired Jun 4, 2017

S3 E8

HBO's synopsis for this episode is: "Nothing is answered. Everything is answered. And then it ends."









by me, Kerry Burgess: 21 June 2015

She went before I did but I was already there.

I thought about that extensively. I think I wrote here before about how I tried to find again what I thought I wrote in my journal about it but could not find anything.

I had been there for months or longer. One day, I was passing through New York and I had the urge to drive through New York City. I was thinking that my mind was laboring with the notion I would be leaving there on that day going back to the real world and so I had taken out of my luggage my dress white US Navy uniform I was wearing that day months and months ago I found myself there in my new world. I had parked somewhere in the massive urban city and was walking along when I saw her there on the sidewalk, thinking she was a mannequin. I thought extensively of how only certain new vessels remained and I operated one US Navy ship to cross the Atlantic. We parted at a doorway after stating I would return to Charleston and I walked through a doorway before I even thought to say goodbye turning to find myself alone again.









The Leftovers (2014) s03e08

"The Book of Nora"

Nora Durst: And that's when I understood. Over here, we lost some of them. But over there, they lost all of us. So, I went and did what I came there to do. I went to find my kids. Planes don't really fly over there. They have enough resources, just not enough pilots. So, I found a boat that would take me. No boats go directly from Australia to New York, so it took me a long time to get there.









by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me - H.V.O.M at 7:55 AM Monday, October 11, 2010

I was thinking extensively about that again last night.

The existence is okay for a while but then it becomes tormenting enough to look for a way back to the real world. There is always something important missing that eventually becomes unbearable.









"The Book of Nora" - The Leftovers

Nora Durst: The physicists who sent me through told me the first person to use the machine was the guy who invented it. His name was Dr. Van Eeghen.



"The Book of Nora" - The Leftovers

Nora Durst: I'm pretty sure they were making fun of me, but they said when I went over that I should look him up, so I did. That took a long time, too. But I found him and I asked him to make another









by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: July 15, 2017 11:11 pm

The Leftovers - The Book of Nora - television series episode Season 3 Episode 8 - Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Jun 04, 2017 on HBO (Comcast On Demand 15 July 2017)

Answers are elusive in the series finale.



Nora Durst: I knew there was a chance it would kill me, but I made my peace with that. And I said goodbye to my brother and I climbed right in.

Kevin Garvey: And then you changed your mind.

Nora Durst: No. I didn't change my mind. I went through. I was in the parking lot, naked curled up like a baby. It was the same parking lot I'd just been in, except there were no trucks no people, no nothing. It was cold, so I started to walk. I walked by empty houses abandoned buildings. And I found a store, so I went in and there were clothes there-- clothes hanging on racks-- so I got dressed and I got back to walking. I walked long enough to convince myself that I was the only thing alive in that place. And then night came, and I saw lights, so I went to them. It was a house, and there was a man and a women there. They were kind and they told me the man told me that seven years earlier, he was in a supermarket and every single person disappeared except for him. And the women told me that she lost her husband, her three daughters, and all eight of her grandchildren. And that's when I understood. Over here, we lost some of them. But over there, they lost all of us.



Nora Durst: They were happy. And I understood that here in this place, they were the lucky ones. In a world full of orphans, they still had each other. And I was a ghost. I was a ghost who had no place there. And that, Kevin, is when I changed my mind. The physicists who sent me through told me the first person to use the machine was the guy who invented it. His name was Dr. Van Eeghen. I'm pretty sure they were making fun of me, but they said when I went over that I should look him up, so I did. That took a long time, too. But I found him and I asked him to make another machine because he already knew how. And he asked me if I had come all that way, why in God's name did I wanna go back? And I told him it's because I didn't belong there. So, he built it. And I came back through. I came back here. Did I think about you? Did I wanna call you? Did I wanna be with you, Kevin? Of course I did. But so much time had passed. It was too late. And I knew that if I told you what happened that you would never believe me.

Kevin Garvey: I believe you.










DSC04490_-1




DSC03397_-2




2010-10-11_5



- by me, Kerry Wayne Burgess, posted by me: 11:03 PM Pacific-time USA Saturday 10/21/2023