Friday, October 20, 2023

Today is 10/20/2023





by me, Kerry Burgess, 10/20/2023

A few hours earlier, I looked wistfully out my window and thought about how great it would be to go sit today in park and enjoy this beautiful, unseasonable weather.

Warm sunlight, clear blue skies. Reminds me of Autumn in South Carolina.

At noon, the KREM-2 news began on broadcast antenna tv and they revealed Spokane's Mayor Nadine Woodward was today at Wildhorse Park in that infamously-polluted Hillyard community in Spokane.

I've been near there but never there directly in that part of the city. Looking at the map, made me nostalgic for riding my bicycle near there and passing Minnehaha Park on the Centennial Trail pathway.

The video establishes that Wildhorse Park has been there since year 1985 but today - this day 10/20/2023 - Mayor Woodward and crew were there to ceremoniously re-open the park after restoration of the amenities.

Oh, how great a day this would have been to go for a bicycle ride.

I gave it up after that pandemic raged through the mainstream-media in recent years. And I was only going out before because I don't own a motor-vehicle and it was the only way I wanted to travel to certain places for my research.

Also made me think that my training, all those years ago, was giving me a false sense of confidence about my physical condition. I was training for Ironman triathlon and the heaviest training was on the bicycle. I had made the decision that I was ready for Ironman because, after several 100-mile excursions, I finished the Seattle-to-Portland bicycle course in about 15 hours of a constant riding and that was 200-miles. I did finish Ironman Coeur d'Alene triathlon - 2.4-miles swimming, 112-miles bicycling, followed by 26.2-miles on the marathon running course - on 06/27/2004, but I barely made it across the finish line that day, just 40-minutes before the midnight-deadline of that 17-hour event. And I knew that I wasn't going to excel at it. I was just out there to finish. And I knew that next year, I would finish better, and then better the next year and I was going to be out there every year possible for me. But those were The 878 Days. My experience with the VA hospital was the next year and I never went back to elite endurance training, with all my time thereafter obsessing over trying to figure WTF the happened to me during those days coinciding with my experience at the VA hospital in Seattle.

Reason I am here in Spokane is because of that Ironman triathlon in nearby Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, all those years ago.

I still have sleeping dreams about swimming or bicycling or jogging.

I'm 58 in a few days so I've just about completely, kicking-and-screaming, given up on that ever being a part of my life again. So much angst at having to give it up for *this*.

More than 99% of you USAmericans - you fat-ass slobs and other lameoids infesting the USA - are wasting your life - whether you are willing to admit it or not

I don't plan to ever go over there and look around at that place, thinking about it now only because of what I observed today on the tv news.

I seriously doubt Woodward did any of that because of what I'm documenting here today about her activities.

No, I'm sure it was all manipulated somehow and beyond her awareness.

Election day is in a few days from now. I don't know what her rivals, such as Lisa Brown, were also up to this calendar-day 10/20/2023.

The 'why' still cannot be explained by me. But I am consistently thinking that it is a deliberate activity by person(s) lurking out there somewhere in the shadows.

To, perhaps, confuse the matter.

Conspiracy. Or (servo-) Synchronization.

You just don't know which. And I certainly don't know either.

How great it would be to get outside today.

Next week the weather will be very different. In the low 70F temperatures today, by next week, maximum temperatures will be in the 40F range.

There are no predictions I've seen today in the news about snow but that doesn't mean anything. They can't actually predict weather much beyond looking out the window on that day when weather begins to happen locally. They update their earlier "predictions" of nothing and then call it "Most Accurate".

Typically, we will see the first accumulating snowfall in about 3 weeks from now, or less. I've seen intense snowfall here as early as September. Usually it's in first week of November but have had heavy snowfall in October back on 10/23/2020. When I permanently moved out here from Seattle over 10 years ago, I wondered if I would ever get tired of it. But not the snowfall. Am becoming weary of the cold, but not the snowfall. And I know I would miss it if I moved back to South Carolina, which I have no plans of ever doing.









by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: H.V.O.M at 7:25 AM Tuesday, June 14, 2011

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mustang_(military_officer)

Mustang (military officer)

A Mustang is United States Military slang for a commissioned officer who began his or her career as an enlisted service member. Mustangs are older and more experienced than their peers-in-grade who earned their commissions from one of the service academies (such as the United States Military Academy, United States Air Force Academy, or United States Naval Academy), Officer Candidate School, or the Reserve Officer Training Corps. During the Vietnam War, however, when some Army warrant officer pilots were offered a direct commission to 2nd or 1st Lieutenant, they were usually younger than 25 at the time of commission.

A United States Navy mustang can be a Chief Warrant Officer, a Limited Duty Officer, a Staff Officer, a Restricted Line Officer or an Unrestricted Line Officer, depending on their particular situation.

The original definition of a mustang was a military officer who had earned a battlefield commission; they were especially prevalent during World War II and the Korean War. Such notables include Audie Murphy (World War II) and David Hackworth (Korean War).

A mustang is currently defined[citation needed] by a continuity in military service from enlisted to officer (i.e., no break in military service). Being a slang term, there is no precise definition or set of criteria to determine which officers can properly be called a "mustang"; however, generally accepted as mustangs are those who earned a Good Conduct Medal









From 11/7/1930 ( ) To 10/24/1988 ( as me, Kerry Burgess, my official enlisted {non-commissioned officer} US Navy documents includes: Date Earned - First Good Conduct Award ) is 21171 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 10/20/2023 ( ) is 21171 days



From 2/12/1875 ( ) To 1/17/1991 ( from the thoughts in my conscious mind, coinciding with United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric doctor medical drugs: the date of record of my US Navy Medal of Honor as Kerry Wayne Burgess chief warrant officer United States Marine Corps circa 1991 officially the United States Apache attack helicopter pilot ) is 42342 days

42342 = 21171 + 21171

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 10/20/2023 ( ) is 21171 days



From 7/27/1997 ( premiere US TV series "Stargate SG-1"::series premiere episode "Children of the Gods" ) To 10/20/2023 ( ) is 9581 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 1/26/1992 ( from Wikipedia: Boris Yeltsin announces that Russia will stop targeting cities of the United States and its allies with nuclear weapons. In return President George H. W. Bush announces that the United States and its allies will stop targeting Russia and the remaining communist states with nuclear weapons. ) is 9581 days



From 3/31/2005 ( the government of the City of Spokane clears the site to begin construction of the Riverfront Park Fountain ) To 10/20/2023 ( ) is 6777 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 5/23/1984 ( premiere USA film "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom" ) is 6777 days



From 2/28/1975 ( Gerald Ford, 38th President of USA: Program for the Return of Vietnam Era Draft Evaders and Military Deserters ) To 10/20/2023 ( ) is 17766 days

17766 = 8883 + 8883

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 2/27/1990 ( as Kerry Burgess my official US Navy documents includes: "TRAN 90FEB27" - while inport at anchor Monaco and departing the continent from Toulon, France, my permanent transfer from US Navy warship USS Wainwright CG-28 to Naval Station Charleston South Carolina for active duty separation processing and Honorable Discharge from active duty US Navy - paygrade E-5 ) is 8883 days



From 9/13/1857 ( from Wikipedia: Milton Snavely Hershey ) To 8/18/1973 ( The Killian Document ) is 42342 days

42342 = 21171 + 21171

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 10/20/2023 ( ) is 21171 days









https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horse_(disambiguation)

Horse (disambiguation)

From Wikipedia

Horse, a nickname for the drug heroin










DSC08951 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, 10/20/2023









https://www.simpsonsarchive.com/guides/quimby.html

The Simpson Archive

The Quimby File

[7F21] [to the Comic Book Convention crowd]

"Is, uh, this on?" "uh, Young people of Springfield, as your mayor I'd like to welcome you to our annual funny book convention. And thank you for pumping almost three hundred dollars into the local economy."

[waves to crowd]

"Your youthful high spirits have emparted a glow into this old warhorse, you might say I feel like Radiation Man."

Jimbo: That's Radioative Man jerk

"I, uh, stand corrected. Well, have fun and be sure to clear out by six for the shriners."

[to one of his bodyguards]

"Get that punk's name, no one makes a fool of Diamond Joe Quimby."









https://www.krem.com/video/news/local/new-park-opening-in-hillyard/293-c778cac7-7188-433f-961b-df99c04f9294

KREM 2 Spokane CBS

New park opening in Hillyard

Wildhorse Park opens in Spokane's Hillyard neighborhood today.

Author: krem.com

Published: 8:13 AM PDT October 20, 2023










2023-10-20_1



https://theprince.princeton.edu/princetonperiodicals/?a=d&d=Princetonian19301107-01&e=-------en-20--81-byDA-txt-txIN-------

Princeton University

Daily Princetonian, Volume 55, Number 127, 7 November 1930

DEAN GAUSS IN RECENT SPEECH AT LEHIGH DECRIES MODERN TENDENCY TO STUDY PAST CIVILIZATION

Declares That Those "Who Shop For Knowledge In The Dead Past" Are Unable To Cope With Present Problems - Calls Idealistic Search For Practical Wisdom Only Adequate Solution.









from my private journal, as me, Kerry Burgess, typed after being released from the USA Veterans Affairs psychiatric hospital enduring many months sitting in a grungy two-computer room in a homeless shelter on the waterfront in downtown Seattle:

From: Kerry Burgess {me}

Sent: Sunday, May 21, 2006 11:04 AM

To: Kerry Burgess {me}

Subject: Re: Journal May 21, 2006

Kerry Burgess wrote:

I think it was my first thought after waking up this morning that I used to date Julia Roberts a long time ago.

I also have these unexplained thoughts that I was a fighter pilot in the U.S. military, although I'm not sure which service, but I may have been in two different branches over time. I am also confused about thoughts that I may have been a helicopter pilot. What's next? A space shuttle pilot? Seems like a lot for someone that is only 40. And, while I am not sure when this divergence happened, I am reasonably certain it was before I turned 33. So I must have been a pretty busy guy. Especially because I have thoughts that I was some kind of mathmetician too. I have these thoughts too that I was captured by enemy forces at some point and tortured while in captivity.



by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my private journal: 9/26/2006 3:06 PM

As I was trying to go to sleep last night, I had a thought that I have a doctorate in computer science from Princeton.

and I had thoughts that I studied music as well at Princeton.



from my private journal, as me, Kerry Burgess, typed after being released from the USA Veterans Affairs psychiatric hospital enduring many months sitting in a grungy two-computer room in a homeless shelter on the waterfront in downtown Seattle:

by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my private journals: 9/28/2006 7:13 PM

This sounds very interesting. In my memory of taking Physics my Senior year at Ashdown, I remember being very interested in the class, but we didn’t cover such an interesting topic. http://www.princeton.edu/main/about/present/ Ayan Chatterjee (left) and Mark Daly measure piano strings as part of a lab project for professor Pierre PirouĂ©'s freshman seminar on "Sound, Music and ... Physics."

9/28/2006 7:37 PM

I think I even have memories of the graduate degree process. I am not sure of the terms to describe the process.

9/28/2006 7:47 PM

I actually do remember... something... I can’t explain it. It feels that I am holding an unmarked, undistinguishable book that I don’t know the name of or the contents but I know I have read it already.

9/28/2006 8:34 PM

A few minutes ago I started thinking that maybe I started at Princeton University in 1972. I would have been 13 at the time as Thomas Ray. I remember that Kerry Burgess started first grade in 1972. But then I decided that I probably started Princeton earlier than 1972 and maybe 1972 was the year I completed my first major degree. Or 1972 doesn’t really mean anything in particular to Thomas Ray; rather it is there for continuity sake for the life of Kerry Burgess.



Posted by me, Kerry Burgess - H.V.O.M at 3:06 AM Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Salesman

Also, "Salesman." I saw that in a dream while sleeping recently. I saw myself going through an induction process in the United States Marine Corps and I woke up understanding that I was dreaming of my actual experience in 1990. I saw a document that indicated I was being inducted to the United States Marine Corps with the officer grade of Chief Warrant Officer 2. I saw in the dream another document associated with my induction and that document indicated I had been assigned the informal name "Salesman."









Good Conduct Medal (United States)

From Wikipedia

service implies that a standard enlistment was completed without any non-judicial punishment

For prior awards to personnel between 1 November 1963 and 1 January 1996, four years of service were required.









Star Trek: The Motion Picture (1979)

(from internet transcript)

MALE MASTER: (in Vulcan) Kolinahr, through which all emotion is renounced and shed.

FEMALE MASTER: (in Vulcan) You have laboured for many seasons, Spock ...and you have proved yourself worthy ...to receive this symbol of pure logic.









From 8/17/1960 ( the Soviet Union trial of Central Intelligence Agency of USA pilot Francis Gary Powers begins in Moscow Russia Soviet Union ) to 10/24/1988 ( as me, Kerry Burgess, my official enlisted US Navy documents includes: Date Earned - First Good Conduct Award ) is 10295 days

10295 = 5148 + 5147

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 12/6/1979 ( premiere US film "Star Trek: The Motion Picture" ) is 5147 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 12/7/1979 ( premiere US film "Star Trek: The Motion Picture" ) is 5148 days



From 3/3/1959 ( the birthdate in Hawaii of my biological brother Thomas Reagan ) To 10/24/1988 ( ) is 10828 days

10828 = 5414 + 5414

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 8/29/1980 ( I'm only 14-years-old and Thedia just got married again for the 5th time to some new Arkansas yokel ; all during my lifetime ) is 5414 days



From 5/30/1946 ( premiere US film "Somewhere in the Night" ) To 5/21/1969 ( from the thoughts in my conscious mind, coinciding with United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric doctor medical drugs: the Princeton University doctor of medicine degree graduation of my biological brother Dr Thomas Reagan MD ) is 8392 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 10/24/1988 ( ) is 8392 days



From 8/2/1917 ( Edwin Harris Duncan was the first pilot to land airplane on moving ship ) To 7/16/1963 ( Phoebe Cates ) is 16784 days

16784 = 8392 + 8392

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 10/24/1988 ( ) is 8392 days



From 3/4/1931 ( Herbert Hoover, 31st President of USA: Message to a Dinner Honoring Albert Einstein ) To 2/14/1977 ( from The Daily Princetonian publication, Princeton University: New Book By Jaynes On Origin Of Consciousness Is Sure To Spark Controversy ) is 16784 days

16784 = 8392 + 8392

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 10/24/1988 ( ) is 8392 days



From 10/9/1984 ( from The Daily Princetonian publication, Princeton University: Reagan's Success Based On No More Than Illusions ) To 10/24/1988 ( ) is 1476 days

1476 = 738 + 738

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 11/10/1967 ( premiere US TV series episode "Star Trek"::"Metamorphosis" ) is 738 days









Star Trek - "Metamorphosis" - tv series Season 2 Episode 9 - 11/10/1967

KIRK: What was that?

COCHRANE: Well, sometimes the light plays tricks on you. You'd be surprised what I've imagined I've seen around here sometimes.

SPOCK: We imagined nothing, Mister Cochrane. There was an entity out there and I suspect it was the same entity which brought us here. Please explain.

COCHRANE: There's nothing to explain.

(He hands a drink to Nancy.)

NANCY: Thank you.









Star Trek - "Metamorphosis" - tv-series Season 2 Episode 9, 11/10/1967

Episode Summary

When their shuttle is diverted to a planetoid, Kirk, Spock, and McCoy encounter Earth's Warp Drive pioneer, Zefram Cochrane, who appears to have survived there alone for 150 years.

(from internet transcript)

COCHRANE: I told you, I don't know what it is. It exists, it lives, and I can communicate with it.

MCCOY: That's a pretty far out story.

KIRK: Mister Cochrane, do you have a first name?

COCHRANE: Zefram.

KIRK: Zefram Cochrane of Alpha Centuri, the discoverer of the space warp?

COCHRANE: That's right, Captain.

MCCOY: But that's impossible. Zefram Cochrane died a hundred and fifty years ago.

SPOCK: The name of Zefram Cochrane is revered throughout the known galaxy. Planets were named after him. Great universities, cities.

KIRK: Isn't your story a little improbable, Mister Cochrane?










2023-10-20_2

https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/documents/veto-message-394










stargate-sg1_season1-ep1-1997_00h-07m-14s









Stargate SG-1 - "Children of the Gods" - television series premiere Season 1 Episode 1 - Sunday 27 July 1997

Episode Summary

The System Lord Apophis launches an attack through the Stargate, tucked away by the military after the events of the movie, and the SGC program is reactivated and given a new objective - seek out and find the alien invaders and defeat them. Jack O'Neill is called out of retirement and sent to locate Daniel Jackson on Abydos.

(from internet transcript)

OPENING CREDITS

Night. A car pulls up in front of Jack O'Neill's house and Major Samuels climbs out. He walks up to the front porch and knocks on the door. No one answers, and the camera pans up to the roof.

DRIVER: Sir. There's a ladder over here.

The view pans up to show O'Neill on the roof, looking at the night sky through a telescope. A laptop rests on a small table beside him. Samuels climbs up the ladder to join O'Neill.

SAMUELS: Colonel Jack O'Neill?

O'NEILL: (not looking up) Retired.

SAMUELS: I'm Major Samuels.

O'NEILL: Air Force?

SAMUELS: Yes, sir. I'm the General's executive officer.

O'NEILL: A little piece of advice, Major? Get re-assed to NASA. That's where all the action's gonna be. (Brief shot of O'Neill's POV, at the cluster of stars in the scope.) Out there.

SAMUELS: I'm under orders to bring you to General Hammond, sir.

O'NEILL: Never heard of him.

SAMUELS: He replaced General West. He says it's important. Has to do with the Stargate.

Hearing that, O'Neill finally turns away from the telescope.










stargate-sg1_season1-ep1_00h06m29s









Same evening. The car passes through a military gate, heavily guarded by soldiers, heading down into a tunnel cut into the side of the mountain - the entrance to the Cheyenne Mountain Complex. Cut to a shot of an elevator shaft, then the interior of the elevator, where O'Neill and another officer are standing. O'Neill notices how deep they're descending - the elevator goes all the way down to Sub-Level 11.

The elevator doors slide open, and O'Neill follows the officer down the corridors, looking around curiously.

INTERCOM: Red team number 9 to Sub-Level 2, red shaft 24.

They stop at a security checkpoint, and O'Neill signs in on a clipboard. The officer leads him to another elevator.

OFFICER: We have to take a second elevator the rest of the way, sir. It's a long way down.

O'Neill hands the clipboard back as the officer opens the elevator, and they step inside.

O'NEILL: I've been here before.

OFFICER: Ah. Of course.










stargate-sg1_season7-ep15_00h07m27s
DSC01676 stargate









https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Staff_sergeant

U.S. Air Force

Staff sergeant (SSgt) is E-5 in the United States Air Force.



https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_(United_States)

Major (United States)

From Wikipedia

In the United States Army, Marine Corps, Air Force and Space Force, major is a field officer above the rank of captain and below the rank of lieutenant colonel.









Samuels enters, with O'Neill right behind him.

SAMUELS: General Hammond, Colonel Jack O'Neill.

O'NEILL: (as Samuels closes the door) Retired.

HAMMOND: I can see that. Me, I'm on my last tour; time to start getting my thoughts together. Maybe write a book. You ever think about writing a book about your exploits in the line of duty?

O'NEILL: Most of my work for the past ten years has been classified.









HAMMOND: Yes, of course.

O'NEILL: Major Samuels mentioned something about the Stargate?

HAMMOND: Down to business. I can do that.









IMDb

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (1984)

Quotes

Willie: I hate the water... and I hate being wet... and I hate YOU!

Indiana Jones: GOOD!










rotary-fountain-01 .jpg, from internet
rotary-fountain-01_illustrated by Kerry Burgess










2005-03-31_0-a .jpg, original work by me, Kerry Burgess










DSC03222 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, 10/23/2020
DSC03225 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, 10/23/2020
DSC03140 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, 10/23/2020



- by me, Kerry Wayne Burgess, posted by me: 5:36 PM Pacific-time USA Friday 10/20/2023