Monday, November 13, 2017

Dawn of the Dead (2004)




That had happened in February 2004. There was a period of time between when I quit my job at Microsoft and the day my lease expired at my apartment in Redmond.

I went out for a regular bicycle exercise training for Ironman and the bicycle pedal, slick from rain, on my silver titanium Litespeed bicycle slipped out from under my cycling shoe cleat and instead of clipping onto my shoe the sharp edge of the clip made a long wide gash up the front of my lower leg. By the time I got back to my apartment after the 50 mile ride my sock was bloody from the blood dripping down to my foot. The scrape was visible for a long time. I can still now this day see the scar on my shin from that day in early February 2004.

I still now to this day remember that time as the last time I felt happy.










from the private journal of Kerry Burgess: 08/14/07 11:33 PM
Gambia is about 3000 miles from where I think I was at that time. It could have been like that guy who seemed to be examining the wound on my leg from my bicycle pedal. I rode my bicycle to CDA beach from Spokane Valley and a guy with a woman asked me to take their picture. I remember thinking I left my fingerprint on his camera and also that he seemed to be looking to see if my wound was infected.










from the private journal of Kerry Burgess: year 2006
There's a big scar on my right shin, but I remember that happening in those days after I quit Microsoft and the pedal on my bicycle flipped up and tore a huge gash in the flesh.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0363547/quotes

IMDb


Dawn of the Dead (2004)

Quotes


Michael: Officer, sir, you do not want to go that way.

Ana: Why? What's that way?

Michael: It's pretty bad.

Andre: It's hell.

Kenneth: What about Fort Pastor?

Andre: Maybe if you had wings. The road's thick with those motherfuckers that way.

Kenneth: How do you know?

Andre: We just tried.

Michael: Back when there was eight of us. We're going to the mall.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0363547/quotes

IMDb


Dawn of the Dead (2004)

Quotes


Michael: Truck's not gonna make it to Fort Pastor.

Steve: No, forget the truck. That place is fucked, man. Bloodbath city.

Kenneth: How do you know?

Norma: We just came from there.

Kenneth: Is everyone there dead?

Steve: Or dead-ish.

Kenneth: [more firm tone] Is everyone there dead?

Steve: Yeah, in the sense that they all, sort of, fell down, and then... got up and... started eating each other.










Dawn of the Dead (2004)

(from internet transcript)

***

(Kenneth and others in the shopping mall watching television broadcast) 'You're referring to a report that came in this morning. 'That report was completely... ' 'What can we tell people that don't know what to do? ' 'I would suggest that you come to Fort Pastor. 'If you can't get here, our search-and-rescue teams will find you.'

Kenneth: My brother's there. He's waiting for me.












https://airandspace.si.edu/sites/default/files/styles/slideshow_sm/public/images/collection-objects/record-images/NASM-A7BBA58704422_001.jpg










Dawn of the Dead (2004)

(from internet transcript)

***

Andre: My man, I hear you talking a lot, you're always saying something, who the fuck are you that we should listen? Were you like in the Marines? What the fuck do you do?

Michael: I sell televisions at Best Buy.

Andre: Wow. Hey, Officer, how do you like following a guy that sells TVs?

Kenneth: About as much as I like following a guy who steals them. I'm not following anyone. I'm going to Fort Pastor to get my brother.










https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Verner


Mary Verner

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


Originally appointed to the council










From 8/13/1956 To 12/20/1994 ( in Bosnia as Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps captain this day is my United States Navy Cross medal date of record ) is 14008 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 3/10/2004 ( premiere US film "Dawn of the Dead" ) is 14008 days



https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Verner


Mary Verner

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mary Verner (born August 13, 1956) is the former mayor of Spokane, Washington.


City service

Verner served on the City Council for four years before becoming mayor. Originally appointed to the council, Verner was subsequently elected to the position from which she ran for Mayor against an incumbent, Dennis Hession. Verner won with 53% of the vote, becoming Spokane's 43rd mayor on November 27, 2007. She was the city's fifth mayor in eight years.



https://www.facebook.com/pg/MaryB.Verner/about/

Facebook

Mary Verner

About


Born on August 13, 1956










from the private journal of Kerry Burgess: 9/23/2006 1:18 PM
I just realized it must have been March 3rd when I moved into that Crosslands hotel out in Spokane Valley back in 2004 after quitting Microsoft. I remember it snowed heavily that day which corresponds to this weather archive. I would have said that I moved in there on the second at the latest, but I guess it could have been the third. I remember one of the receptionists made a comment about how it had started snowing as soon as I came in and I wondered about that comment. I was going crazy in that place after a while, but in retrospect, I would much rather be back there than here, without a doubt. Damn I miss having a car, to just be able to get out and drive around at night. The bastards were following me everywhere but at least I could have something to do in trying to shake them off. I hate it here and having to be around these people beyond tolerance.

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/otx/climate/lcd/lcd.php?yr=04&mon=mar&stn=otx&Submit=Submit

STATION: NWS SPOKANE
MONTH: MARCH
YEAR: 2004

DY MAX MIN AVG DEP HDD CDD WTR SNW
3 36 23 30 M 35 0 0.14 2.3










https://www.facebook.com/kerry.burgess.790/posts/1983671891908070

Facebook

Kerry Burgess

November 5 2017 at 6:14pm

I remember so vividly that day.

I have wondered many times about that specific day back in March 2004.

I remember renting a moving truck and putting my beloved Jeep Wrangler on a full trailer that I towed behind it.

I remember I was exhausted from moving out all my furniture by myself.

I had a large sectional leather sofa, a king size bed, lots of computers and stuff, and two heavy-ass tube televisions including one that I loaded last thinking it must weigh 700 pounds, among other stuff.

I remember in these past years wondering about how I moved everything on the 1st of the month, instead of the last day of February.

I worked all day moving that stuff and I remember driving through the night from Redmond near Seattle all the way across the state to Spokane on the east side of the state.

I stopped at an interstate highway rest stop in Idaho just outside of Coeur d'Alene and I slept a few hours in the driver's seat of that rental truck.

I was waiting for the storage building business in Coeur d'Alene to open that day, the 2nd.

I then checked in that day to the Crossland Hotel where I was living when I successfully completed the Ironman Coeur d'Alene on Sunday 27 June 2004.

Cannot recall the precise day I moved from the Crossland.

I moved back to Seattle and to the suburb of Kent. I must have moved in there in maybe late August or early September 2004. I left all my stuff in the storage locker in Idaho.

The first calendar day after that I have evidence of now is 6/11/2005, which was the day I went to the Redmond City police, which was a few yards away from that apartment I moved out of on 3/1/2004.

The Redmond police had me taken to the hospital in an ambulance.










From 12/20/1994 ( in Bosnia as Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps captain this day is my United States Navy Cross medal date of record ) To 3/10/2004 is 3368 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 1/22/1975 ( Gerald Ford - Remarks Upon Signing Instruments of Ratification of the Geneva Protocol of 1925 and the Biological Weapons Convention ) is 3368 days



From 5/4/1974 ( Richard Nixon - Remarks Opening Expo '74, Spokane, Washington ) To 3/10/2004 is 10903 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 9/9/1995 ( premiere US TV series "Pinky and the Brain" ) is 10903 days



From 10/18/1993 ( the launch of the US space shuttle Columbia orbiter vehicle mission STS-58 includes me Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps officer and United States STS-58 pilot astronaut and my 2nd official United States National Aeronautics Space Administration orbital flight of 4 overall ) To 3/10/2004 is 3796 days

3796 = 1898 + 1898

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 1/13/1971 ( premiere US film "The Horror of Frankenstein" ) is 1898 days



From 10/28/1994 ( premiere US film "Stargate" ) To 3/10/2004 is 3421 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 3/16/1975 ( premiere US TV series episode "The Six Million Dollar Man"::"The Bionic Woman - Part 1" ) is 3421 days



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0363547/releaseinfo

IMDb


Dawn of the Dead (2004)

Release Info

USA 10 March 2004 (premiere)










http://www.tv.com/shows/the-six-million-dollar-man/the-bionic-woman-1-33043/trivia/

tv.com


The Six Million Dollar Man Season 2 Episode 19

The Bionic Woman (1)

Aired Friday 8:30 PM Mar 16, 1975 on ABC

Quotes

Oscar: Steve, it's just not possible!

Steve: You know that's not true, Oscar, because I'm living proof that it is possible!

Oscar: I'm not talking about technology! We can put Jaime back together again - I think it's possible. But there are other considerations!

Steve: Oscar, I asked you up here to help me. Now so far, all I've gotten is a handful of red tape! Now there's a woman in there with no hearing in one ear, an arm and both legs crushed beyond repair, and you... you have the power to put her back together again, just like you did me!

Oscar: Bionic limbs cost millions of dollars, d'you understand? Millions of dollars! I gotta get Rudy Wells and the whole bionic team up here. How am I going to justify the expense?

Steve: Well, how did you justify me?!

Oscar: That was different! There was a need!










http://www.tv.com/shows/the-six-million-dollar-man/the-bionic-woman-1-33043/trivia/

tv.com


The Six Million Dollar Man Season 2 Episode 19

The Bionic Woman (1)

Aired Friday 8:30 PM Mar 16, 1975 on ABC

Quotes

Jaime: It might be kind of nice being the bride of Frankenstein.












https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Navy_Cross










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0363547/quotes

IMDb


Dawn of the Dead (2004)

Quotes


CJ: Excuse me, not to shit on anyone's riff here, but let me see if I grasp this concept, okay? You're suggesting that we take some fucking parking shuttles and reinforce them with some aluminum siding, and then just head on over to the gun store where we watch our good friend Andy play some cowboy-movie, jump-on-the-covered-wagon bullshit?










From 12/20/1994 to 3/1/2004 is 3359 days



- posted by Kerry Burgess 09:48 AM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Monday 13 November 2017