Monday, November 06, 2017

L.A.S.E.R.




Posted by Kerry Burgess - H.V.O.M at 4:18 AM Thursday, September 29, 2011 - http://hvom.blogspot.com/2011/09/star-constellations.html


Star constellations





I wasn't going to write about a dream I just before waking up and getting out of bed but I was later in the shower and I started thinking about a possible explanation for the star pattern I saw in my dream and so I decided to write about that part and to try to write the least about the rest of the dream as I could, which I feel compelled to not write about for no real reason.

The compelling part about the dream is the pattern of stars I saw. The dream seems to have started with me and I was out in the woods somewhere and the light was dark and I had some kind of ability to radiate laser beams from my fingers or somehow create laser beams. As I think more about that as I write this now I thing again that I did not actually see the laser beams but I am vaguely aware that I could see the patterns I created on people with the laser beams. The notion of the laser beam is never really visually established in the dream but that is a notion that is strongly in my mind after waking up. The last thing I seemed to do with my laser beam power was that I saw myself form a pattern of stars on the ground to my left. The power seemed to stop working at that point. I also found my puzzled about how there were five stars in my creation when I expected only four. Since I was wearing those stars on the epaulet on my black jacket then I was thinking of how the United States Marine Corps has never had a five star general officer and I don't think the USMC should ever have a five star general officer.

What I puzzled about was how the pattern of those stars did not seem consistent with how an officer of the United States military would wear a five-star pattern on his uniform. I seemed to be wearing the winter working dress uniform of the United States Navy. What was unusual was how one of the stars was set away from the other four stars.

When I was in the shower and was thinking about that visualization in my mind of those stars that I had created on the ground and then was wearing my shoulder, on the black jacket that is the type United States Navy sailors used to refer to as the "Eisenhower" jacket, I wondered if that pattern was supposed to represent the star constellation we call the Big Dipper.

Ah, yes. That has got to be it. Just now as I wrote that word "Big Dipper" I remember dialog that happened soon later that is consistent with that notion.

So going back to what I was thinking as I decided to write this note, I thought about how my visualization of the star pattern did not match the Big Dipper very well. But then I started to wonder if I was seeing the pattern of the Big Dipper while I was standing on a planet or moon that circled a star that was very distant from our planet Earth.

I keep thinking of reasons why that all could be just a normal dream. But maybe it is not.

After my laser beam power stopped working, I saw some of the people I had been forming laser beam patterns on and they were all getting into cars and leaving in a long procession of army-type vehicles. They all seemed to be from World War 2. I noted the color pattern of one of the vehicles but I cannot think of any comment to make about it.

Then I seemed to be a sentry on a hill in downtown Seattle Washington. I was aware that I was totally alone in my role. I was also aware I was wearing a United States military uniform but I cannot visualize any details about it from the dream. I was there for a long time. Some kind of conflict started among a few local people that had walked up and I was trying to stay out of it. The next part I remember from the dream is that I was sitting in a room and there were people around me and one was the old woman whose dialog is consistent with the notion that I was seeing the star pattern of the Big Dipper constellation. Then a woman stood up and she was also wearing the winter dress uniform of the United States Navy and I saw the postal clerk rating symbol on her uniform. Then I saw a person walk into the room I was in from the room next door with the half-window walls and where I had been aware that a conference was going on that all of us had been waiting for to get finished and that person who walked out of that room was a person that I understood in the dream to by my brother Thomas Reagan and he seemed to be about eight years old. He was also wearing the winter working dress uniform of the United States Navy and I noticed just after I saw the woman's rating symbol that he was also wearing the postal clerk rating symbol. But he had the E-1 rate white symbol patch on one sleeve and the E-2 rate white stripe patch on the other sleeve, which is definitely not a uniform standard of the United States Navy. After thinking about that after waking up I decided that detail is supposed to represent the E-1 and E-2 aircraft of the United States Navy.

As he walked up to me, I asked him where he had been because I have been standing on that hill everyday. There was some unspoken dialog about me having food during that time.

There was some other stuff that happened in the dream but I decided to end this note with his response to me about how he had heard I had picked up more stars. I distinctly remember his words to me at that point. He asked me "Is it worth it?"

At that point, I took off two stars from the jacket epaulet on my shoulder, which seemed to be the type used for award stars on United States military medals and ribbons, and I was aware that left me with three stars on my shoulder.

So as I was wondering after getting out of the shower is that I could have just had a normal dream. But I could have just dreamed that final star symbol I need.










1989 film "Fat Man and Little Boy" DVD video:

00:54:05


Major General Melrose Hayden Barry: You need to know something. You're getting a lot of people's backs up. Let me remind you of something else. You see this? I count two. You got one. When this war's over that's going to amount to something. And, Dick, I hope you get my meaning. Because, by all that's holy you better have your ass well-covered.












DSC00966.jpg







DSC00967.jpg







2017_Abbi_24-1200_DSC05002.jpg







2017_Abbi_24-1200_DSC05003.jpg







2017_Abbi_24-1200_DSC05004.jpg







2017_Abbi_24-1200_DSC05005.jpg










From 9/29/2011 To 11/6/2017 is 2230 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA as Kerry Burgess ) To 12/11/1971 ( Richard Nixon - Letter Accepting the Resignation of David Packard as Deputy Secretary of Defense ) is 2230 days



From 10/5/1955 ( the first Disneyland Hotel opens to the public ) To 11/6/2017 is 22678 days

22678 = 11339 + 11339

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA as Kerry Burgess ) To 11/18/1996 ( premiere US film "Star Trek: First Contact" ) is 11339 days



From 5/23/1925 ( Joshua Lederberg ) To 5/27/1977 ( the DisneyLand Tomorrowland and Space Mountain opens to the public ) is 18997 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA as Kerry Burgess ) To 11/6/2017 is 18997 days



From 10/28/1960 ( premiere US TV series episode "The Twilight Zone"::"A Thing About Machines" ) To 11/6/2017 is 20828 days

20828 = 10414 + 10414

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 5/8/1994 ( premiere US TV miniseries "Stephen King's The Stand"::miniseries premiere episode "The Plague" ) is 10414 days



From 10/28/1994 ( premiere US film "Stargate" ) To 11/6/2017 is 8410 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 11/11/1988 ( Ronald Reagan - Remarks at the Veterans Day Ceremony at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier ) is 8410 days










http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=3257

The American Presidency Project

Richard Nixon

XXXVII President of the United States: 1969 - 1974

392 - Letter Accepting the Resignation of David Packard as Deputy Secretary of Defense.

December 11, 1971

Dear Dave:

It is with the deepest regret that I accept your resignation, as you have requested, as Deputy Secretary of Defense, effective December 13, 1971.

Few men have given so much and so willingly to their country as you have for the past thirty-five months--and few have discharged their responsibilities with such distinction and excellence. In assuming this demanding position--at great personal and financial sacrifice--you demonstrated once again your commitment to effective public service and gave testimony to your belief that every American can and should contribute to the cause of good government.

Managing a vast array of exceedingly complex defense matters, you have shown outstanding judgment and uncommon ability, and have justly won the admiration and respect of your colleagues. Your wise counsel in vitally important national security questions has been of immense value to Mel Laird and to me, and I want you to know that these exceptional accomplishments have earned for you the Nation's gratitude.

As you return to private life, I am sure that each and every one of your many friends and associates here would want to join me in thanking you for a job superbly done and in wishing Lucile and you the happiness you so richly deserve.

Sincerely,

RICHARD NIXON

[Honorable David Packard, The Deputy Secretary of Defense, Washington, D.C. 20301]

Note: Secretary Packard's letter, dated December 10, 1971, and released with the President's letter on December 11, read as follows:

Dear Mr. President:

Last July I informed you that for strictly personal reasons I could not continue in a full-time government position after this year. I want to advise you today that I must resign as Deputy Secretary of Defense effective December 13, 1971.

I will leave the Department of Defense with both regrets and a real sense of accomplishment. I have developed great admiration and respect for the men and women of the Department-military and civilian. Their dedication and personal competence is the Department's greatest source of strength and our best assurance of maintaining our national security.

Secretary Laird has built an excellent management team in the Department and I believe that its accomplishments have established this excellence. I have seen what I believe to be major forward steps, particularly in the fields of management, procurement and equal opportunity. I am sure these steps will help you in the years ahead in maintaining both a more economical and effective national defense. I am equally confident that this team will continue its effective implementation of your national security programs and will work closely and well with my successor.

I want to take this opportunity as a citizen and as Deputy Secretary of Defense to express my appreciation and admiration for the outstanding leadership you have provided to the nation and the Department of Defense. Under your leadership I have seen the Vietnamization program turn the nation from war to peace, seen great new initiatives in negotiations and in nation-to-nation contacts, and seen a basic restructuring of national and international programs to recognize new realities and essential new priorities. You have established the basis for a generation or more of peace.

It has been a privilege and honor to serve you and to play a small role in assisting you in exercising American leadership for world peace and in supporting your determination that our nation remain both strong and free.

I want to emphasize that my decision to resign from a full time government position has been made for strictly personal reasons. I am, of course, available to assist you from private life in any way you may feel appropriate. I am certain the American people will re-elect you in 1972 so that you can continue your great work for peace and stability both at home and abroad. I want to help and will help in this important job of pointing out in coming months your accomplishments, your goals, and the importance of your re-election to the welfare not just of the United States, but to the entire Free World.

It has been the greatest honor of my lifetime to have served in your Administration. Your leadership, backed by courage, wisdom and understanding, has been magnificent. Thank you for the opportunity to serve my President and my country.

Respectfully yours,

DAVID PACKARD










https://www.nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/medicine/laureates/1958/lederberg-facts.html

Nobelprize.org

The Official Web Site of the Nobel Prize

The Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine 1958

George Beadle, Edward Tatum, Joshua Lederberg

Joshua Lederberg

Born: 23 May 1925, Montclair, NJ, USA

Died: 2 February 2008, New York, NY, USA

Affiliation at the time of the award: University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI, USA

Prize motivation: "for his discoveries concerning genetic recombination and the organization of the genetic material of bacteria"

Field: genetics

Prize share: 1/2

Work

It was long thought that bacteria multiply by dividing, so that all bacteria have the same genetic make-up. Joshua Lederberg and Edward Tatum demonstrated in 1946 that bacteria's genes can also change in a way similar to that of sexual reproduction seen in more complex organisms. Bacteria can go through a phase in which two bacteria exchange genetic material with one another by passing pieces of DNA across a bridge-like connection. Joshua Lederberg also proved the phenomenon known as transduction, in which DNA is transferred between bacteria via bacteriophages.










Star Trek: First Contact (1996)

(from internet transcript)

***

[Enterprise-E engineering]

BORG QUEEN (OC): Are you ready?

DATA: Who are you?

BORG QUEEN (OC): I am the Borg.

DATA: That is a contradiction. The Borg have a collective consciousness. There are no individuals.

(the Borg Queen's head and shoulders descend from the ceiling)

BORG QUEEN: I am the beginning, the end, the one who is many.

(the head and shoulders lock into a cybernetic body and the Queen approaches Data)

BORG QUEEN: I am the Borg.

DATA: Greetings. ...I am curious, do you control the Borg collective?

BORG QUEEN: You imply disparity where none exists. I am the collective.

DATA: Perhaps I should rephrase the question. I wish to understand the organisational relationship. Are you their leader?

BORG QUEEN: I bring order to chaos.

DATA: An interesting, if cryptic response.

BORG QUEEN: You are in chaos, Data. You are the contradiction. A machine who wishes to be human.

DATA: As you seem to know so much about me, you must be aware that I am programmed to evolve and better myself.

BORG QUEEN: We too are on a quest to better ourselves. Evolving toward a state of perfection.

DATA: Forgive me. The Borg do not evolve. They conquer.

BORG QUEEN: By assimilating other beings into our collective, we are bringing them closer to perfection.

DATA: Somehow I question your motives.

BORG QUEEN: That is because you haven't been properly ...stimulated yet.



- posted by Kerry Burgess 7:18 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Monday 06 November 2017